The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_vote_lcapDeath and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_voting_barDeath and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) Empty Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius)

Post by Thorgron May 12th 2013, 12:48 am

Rai strode unwillingly through the crowded streets of an overpopulated Tokyo. He found himself missing his home in the mountains. The quite serenity, the gentle breeze wafting the sweet smells of the fields to him. It was all so tranquil, so peaceful. One could be with one's own thoughts for days with not a soul to bother the tranquility. Unlike here, it was noisy and crowded, people in suits rushed by to their far too important occupations. They cared not for their fellow man and it saddened him greatly. The Great Storm had cleansed the world for a beautiful and respectful humanity who cared for honor, not this. This thought made him all the more steadfast on his mission, to help keep evil at bay so that humanity may again have a chance to rise to its own glory.

It was for this reason that Rai was in the cluttered city. he had sensed a being here, unlike anything he had ever felt. When he had brought it to his elders, they informed him that it was none other than the Spirit of Death itself. The one who had been corrupted so many eons ago by the Evil. And so he was sent away, The Spirit of the Storm, to find and defeat this threat. He hated the name, he did not feel he deserved it. So many others of his clan had accomplished great feats, so many were more qualified than him, why had the elders seen him as the Storm Incarnate. In his soul Rai knew he was nowhere near good enough, fast enough or strong enough to represent the Purifier of this world. However, he would never disobey his elders and accepted his mission with resolve and honor. He would force his Wind upon this great threat, asking it first to yield and begone. If that did not work he would break it beneath his Thunder and force its surrender. If again that failed, he would cleanse this being from the world like the Great Storm with his Rain. Of this he was sure.

Traversing the massive city Rai could feel the presence of this being grow stronger. He was close he knew it but it was impossible to find it in this crowd. Knowing there was a way to route out this being and at the same time reveal himself for what he was to it, Rai closed his eyes. With immense concentration he called upon the Spirit of the Storm to aid him. Above his head, the clouds converged, black and menacing as they blotted out the sun. He held his focus as he felt the familiar and friendly Rain drop upon his face. Around him he could feel the people begin to disperse, fear of the cleansing Rain still burnt into their souls from their very first ancestors though they were unaware of this. As the Storm began to rage Rai opened his eyes and scanned the area, looking for the man who would not yield to the Rain.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) Empty Re: Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius)

Post by Zell May 12th 2013, 1:10 am

Tokyo. A place of filth and disgusting practices. Shi stood atop a large building and looked down among the ant sized people. He looked out to tbe mountains and his eyes narrowed in his lack of patience. Where was The soirit of The Storm, The incarnate of the three spirits? Shi looked back to the people below, seeing them go about their business as ususal, completely ignorant of the resurging threat. He sighed and looked to the sky, loning in his eyes. "This is what they've chosen...the spirits deliver them, and they still delve in evil natures..."
Then as if a deer who heard the hunter in the trees, his eyes widened under his mask and his hair on his neck rose. This feeling made his heart skip a beat with anticipation. Shi looked down, easily spotting the source of the energy he detected. He smiled, knowing that his target had come. Shi was no fool, The Death Incarnate was far beyond any man, but not even he could best Three spirits in one. Shi was wise, he lured his target into the large filth ridden city, allowing him to riddle his opponents senses. With a chuckle Shi knew he had the upper hand, and now the moment of judgement was nigh. This man was either The Storm Incarnate, or an imposter unworthy of his time. With percision, silence and total stealth, Shi shadow-stepped behind his target and followed, until the rain began to fall. Shi smiled feeling the rain, like the feeling of a loved ones hands after being seperated for several years. The rain was not an accident..it was summoned...this man was challenging him. A challenge he welcomed eagely.
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) Empty Re: Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius)

Post by Thorgron May 12th 2013, 1:25 am

As the Rain swept the crowded city and scattered its inhabitants Rai searched for the source of the feeling in his gut. Then he felt it like the thing was upon him all along. Swiftly turning he turned to see a man clad in similar armaments to his own. Death had come, and attempted to sneak up on him as it did on so many of this earth. Rai could feel the energy in his sword as the rain battered its length. It begged to be released but he was not here to kill. Fighting was a real possibility, but to kill was reserved for only the those of the purest Evil.

Rai now stood, drenched in the pouring Rain facing his opponent. The Spirit of Death was within him and for that he had great respect for the man. Regardless of his intent, Death had once been a just Spirit, only becoming corrupt after the Evil. And for this Rai was honored to be in his presence. Folding his hands and bending he bowed, humbling himself before the Spirit as he spoke. "I am honored by your presence Spirit, however, I must ask that you leave this place. I have sensed your presence and the Evil that once consumed you. I ask with the Wind in my words that you renounce the Evil and return to your former glory. If you refuse, I will have no choice but to bring the Might of Thunder upon you. Do you concede." Rai was calm and smooth his his words, speaking with nothing but the greatest of respect.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 12th 2013, 1:35 am

'He speaks well, he is truly the incarnate if The Three.' Shi thought to himself. The man spoke of the past however. Shi had no time to linger in what happened before. No, it was here and now he must concern himself with. The other man still remained humble. "I fear you cannot simply speak to me to leave. While you honor me in words and action your mind betrays you. I can see it in your posture, hear it in your voice. You are Three in One. What are you called, Strom Incarnate?" Shi smiled to himself as he sat down in the rain. He was attempting to make it clear he was not leaving.

Death and the Storm (Closed to Zell Atterrius) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 12th 2013, 1:54 am

"My name is Rai Nagataki, sent by the Ring of the Storm to see that Evil never again rises on this earth." Death sat before him as Rain continued to drench the two of them. Rai could feel his form fading and his muscles tightening in the Rain. Wind had spoken and Death remained, Thunder it seemed was next. "Very well Spirit, if you will not yield to the Wind then Thunder is you fate. Stand Death and face me with your blade." Thunder rang in Rai's voice as he commanded the man. He gripped his blade tightly and tilted it downwards concentrating heavily as the water dripped sown his sword. As it did, it reshaped the blade, extending it by 2 feet giving him reach on his opponent. "Let us fight with honor Spirit."

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 12th 2013, 2:05 am

This man was unlike anything Shi had ever seen. Shi sat and placed his hand on his blade lazily, disguising his stance. Shi was looking forward to this. He was desperatly fighting the urge to attack, to test his sibilings once more. To see if their incarnate was truly worthy of his consideration. Shi looked up and sighed loudly.
"You are foolish... you claim to be an enemy of evil, yet you raise your blade against evils enemy. You know nothing about the power you hold. You're talented...but beyond that.... i see only a man with a pretty little sword.". Shi shook his head. He took his hand off his own sword and yawned. Then he looked up to the sky. "Rai Nagataki... show me you're worthy". Shi commanded, but refused to rise. He would teach this Rai Nagataki the true purpose of power.

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 12th 2013, 3:06 am

Death had refused to stand, refused the honorable duel. This was unacceptable, even as a great Spirit Death had his obligations and if he could not meet them then Thunder truly would crush him. The Rain battered the feild and its combatants. Rai was ready as was his blade and with a flurry he sprung into action, swinging his blade in one long arch in front of him. As he did, the water form the downpour formed at the ends, releasing itself in a line of metal, hurled with immense force at the still slouching Death. His insolence and lack of care made Rai angry as he began looping his attacks together in Tenkyuu form. Every slash became the next in a never ending torrent of beautiful furry. And with every swing of the ever faster sword another wave was sent hurtling towards the stationary man. Whether he moved now or not was of little consequence to Rai now. Twenty bladed waves soared through the air at death, gaining speed and power with each drop of Rain they collided with. He stood after his attack, never letting his eyes leave the man.

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 12th 2013, 1:38 pm

The man had heart. Something Shi admired. He would attack an unarmed enemy, which many would not be ause Iit would 'tarnish' their honor. This man may have honor, but he does not place so much priority upon it that he is unable to do what must be done. Shi chuckled in satisfaction seeing the bladed waves aimed at him. He shot to his feet and used Shadow-step to once more slip behind his enemy. He stood upright, arms crossed with his back to Rai. "You allow anger to dictate your actions? Your elders should be ashamed. Shi turned himself around and attempted to sweep his foe's feet from beneath him. Shi continued to watch every movement, no matter how subtle, always trying to remain a step ahead.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 12th 2013, 10:53 pm

Rai watched as Death flew around his attack in an amazing burst of speed. He was fast and silent, truly the earthly embodiment of Death. But regardless his defeat was necesary. As Death spoke Rai swept a vertical arc behind him the blade yet again releasing a wave as Death attempted a sweep at his legs. Seeing the attack as it came Rai crouched, tightening the muscles in his legs and launched himself into his storm. Now 500 or so feet in the air he began a sickening twist in the sky with his blade extended downwards at the ground. Reaching his peak, Rai now began to descend still spining and gaining speed. With the Rain still pouring, Rai's blade flung waves every which way in a massive spiral of death at the ground. "Anger is no motivator of mine, only the righteous fury of Thunder." Spinning down Rai continued to Rain down bladed waves on their makeshift arena. Upon hitting the ground, Rai surveyed the area, searching again for his opponent among the shredded remains of the city block.

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 13th 2013, 12:42 am

"THAT FOOL WILL LEVEL THE WHOLE DAMN BLOCK!!" Shi was appalled by his enemy. Yet somehow it satisfied Shi. To know that this one...the storm incarnate had the ability to do what NEEDED to be done, even when it was not wanted. Shi could easily forsake these people, easily get out of this and fool his enemy into thinking he had won. Then he could teach him... Shi went to move,but froze when he saw a little boy holding a puppy looking out at him from the large windows of the coffee shop. Shi looked around to find that all over, there was life. He felt the rain caress his cheek, his resolve shaken for a moment. While Shi could kill without remorse, He could not allow a life to be ended by his own carelessness. Shi looked back to the boy and sighed as he drew his katana, the weapon he swore only to raise in the defence of others. He knew that unlike Kage, he would survive this...but they would not. Shi knew it may cost him the battle, but if he did not save them...he was not fulfilling the intention of his life. Shi drew Kage's dagger, which was sheathed above his katana. With a weapon in each hand he stuck his own katana into the ground he brought the dagger out.
"To you this day!"Shi shouted out to the people. He knew this wasn't enough to kill him, unlikely to even knock him out...but this action would leave him...vulnerable. He took a deep breath, mustering the courage to do what had to be done. "I TURN MY GAZE!!!". in one fluent motion he ripped the dagger across his face, slashing his eyes. He could feel his energy leaving and protecting all the innocents. He knew that they would survive the Storm Incarnate's attack, and even the rubble that would fall upon them. None would die... but now he was hit, and blinded. While being blind was of no obstacle, he feared that he could no longer protect what he could not see.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 26th 2013, 1:46 am

Death still stood and all around him lay the destruction of the mighty attack. In his attempt to halt Death Rai had not realized there had in fact still been a few people in the area. Yet somehow, they remained unharmed. He was in shock, how could he let his action lead to this. What if someone had been hurt? The Storm is righteous, it never harms the innocent. Once again he was humbled, certain in the fact that surely another was better suited to his far to boisterous title. But that was an issue for another day. Death still stood, his presence still mortal and physical still both very much unharmed. Rai once again acted, this time dashing to Death's side, his blade trailed behind him and once he was upon the man he swept his sword in a great arc around them. The streets rose at the force of the great wave which was produced and the two of them were now surrounded on both sides by a large circle of upturned pavement and concrete. No more could his attacks harm the innocents around him. "It is now only you and me Death, no more do we have to worry for the safety of the innocent. Summon forth your might and once again draw your blade."

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 26th 2013, 1:16 pm

Shi's curiosity had the bdtter of him while he fought the Storm Incarnate.Had the spirit even spoken to him yet? No, the spirit would only make itself known once Rai had gone through his awakening. Shi remembered his own awakening, believing he was a man like the rest of the mortals. It all changed though, after the spirit inside him spoke and merged with his mind. Shi mentaly scolded himself for getting his mind away from the conflict.
Now he was at a disadvantage. Rai reacted as his eyes began to recover. Shi had to rely on his other senses. Smell, feeling, hearing, tasting and the sixth sense the sense of Spirit. Shi replaced his mask upon his face and tilted his head
"Thank you. I could not bear the thought of their lives being ended in our conflict." Shi stated as he took his stance, Kushalatatsu. "I do not rejoice in premature meetings with the innocent... I am no longer the Death that the Storm had struck down." Shi explained, he doubted that this Rai Nagataki character would believe him. In truth he was hopful that The Storm Incarnate would remember the events.... however he realised that it was highly unlikely.
Shi shadow stepped, however this time it was at the direction he heard Rai's voice. He stopped in front of the voice and slashed his blade, while the blade itself fell short, Shi felt his spirit creating an releasing two invisible spirit blades at Rai, with the intent to cut the man only mildly deep. This was Shi's style. It killed slowly, like Death did with age. It also allowed Death time to convince his foes to stand down, or to redeem themselves. Before entering the world as an incarnate, Death decided that he would make an oath.
"I will defend the world with my life. Death shall redeem himself, and he shall do so without taking the lives of another so long as there is another option." The spirit bellowed within him. He was happy that he had the resolve of the warrior within him, and his spirit gave him the skills of a dragon.
This thought prompted Shi to wonder once more if Rai knew the spirit that lay in him.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 27th 2013, 3:33 pm

Rai witnessed Death's attack and reacted swiftly to it. As the rain continued to beat down on the two of them he brought his blade upwards to catch Death's own sword. And though Death's attack had been thrown short, Rai's reach made up for the distance and the blades locked together. With the impact came another wave from his blade this time passing on either side of Death's and shooting right into his face. Continuing with his movements as his style dictated, Rai forced his blade farther down on Death's and used the force to leap over him. Once in the air he began a forward somersault, his still extended blade creating a circle of bladed waves below him. And upon landing on the other side of Death Rai swept his blade around behind him, re positioning himself to face his foe and sending another wave flying upwards. This one was not aimed at Death but at the wall that now hovered above the two of them. The wave collided with the top fourth and sliced a large chunk out of the wall, sending it toppling down on Death's position. As of yet he was unaware of the damage he had received, his focus devoted entirely to defeating his enemy. After the onslaught Rai spoke again. "If only I could believe you Spirit. You say you are not like the Death of old and yet here we are locked in confrontation. You refuse to yield to the Wind and tempt Thunder, what is it Spirit that has called you to this place? What purpose have you come to serve?"

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 27th 2013, 10:27 pm

"We are locked in conflict because it was you who first drew his blade, was it not? I am blameless, I have held my oath, I have only risen my blade in defense." Shi quipped back to the other samurai. Shi disengaged from their deadlock and hopped back with his newly drawn blood on his armor. He sheathed his sword and cast aside his mask and his straw hat. With the mask cast aside, Rai could see the Shi's soul in his eyes, he would See shi for who he truly was and not simply feel the spirit. "My purpose is redemption...Even though I can never be forgiven for the actions I'd done under the corruption, I can try. I am here to ensure none fall to the same fate I had." Shi replied. He knew that Rai would not believe him, nor did he care. He spoke the truth.
"I will test you Storm Incarnate...I shall know your true power as the power of three spirits in one." Shi barked loudly as began circle Rai. "I care not for the wind, he warned me when I was deaf...I care not for tunder, he struck me when I was weak...but rain....How I love the rain.... It was she who loved me, when I didn't deserve it...because it was then I needed it the most." Shi said as he let the rain fall on his face. He smiled as if he were in perfect commune with the rain spirit now. "I am the shield that will guard this world...but you....you are the sword that shall cleave the darkness away once more...As a shield I can defend, but with no weapon We cannot win, for a shield will folly eventually, it will falter and shatter. A sword alone shall do you no good, because while you strike, all those you strike for are exposed, and soon they are lost...leaving you nothing left to fight for. I am a shield, who seeks the sword. But the title 'Storm Incarnate' is not a guarentee that you are the sword. I must test this." Shi explained and he began shadow stepping in circles around him. Small gusts began to pick up from the frequant stepping. To anyone else he would be intangible, but to the Sword of the world, he shall be stopped.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top