The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Shi Ryurou I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Shi Ryurou I_vote_lcapShi Ryurou I_voting_barShi Ryurou I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shi Ryurou

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shi Ryurou Empty Shi Ryurou

Post by Zell May 10th 2013, 4:07 pm

Shi Ryurou
"There is no such thing as an 'evil' power, only evil men who would wield it."

Basic

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: (None)
Title:The Embers of Hope
Alignment:Chaotic Good
Race:Human
Hair:Long,Black
Eyes:Red
Height:5'7"
Weight:145lbs.
Blood type:AB+

The Looks

Shi Ryurou 14037710
Shi wears the outfit seen above. The straw hat conceals his mane of long black hair and the mask he wears to hide his face. Shi wears this outfit at all times, proud of who he is and feeling no need to hide from anyone.

The Legacy

Personality: Shi is a callous individual who harbors the guilt of an entire era upon his shoulders. While he is calm and collective most of the time, this is perhaps only a guise to the pain he feels. Unlike many, Shi believes that the wicked will find redemption in the acceptance of their death, and through a reincarnation they may redeem themselves. While Shi is a very devout man, he has no qualms over killing anyone who attempts to keep him from his goal. Shi, once you get to know him, is a bit of a sarcastic joker who chuckles often and attempts to lighten the mood. This is only shown to people he trusts, and is often believed to be just another guise to keep people from seeing his misery.

History: Since the dawn of time, average people have arisen up to shatter the chains of normality and do great things. These people become legends who are remembered through song and story for generations to come. The stories are often about a hero who battles soldiers or beasts, or even sacrificing himself in the name of virtue, love and goodness. These stories also, quite often, are ones filled with heroism, romance, characters you sympathize for and love, and all too often the perfect ending that leaves you with the warm and fuzzy feeling inside. This isn't one of them...
In Japan, there is a place that harbors warriors that make up something called 'The Ring of the Storm'. It is these warriors who worship the spirits of wind, thunder, and rain the three spirits who unified to create The Great Storm. It was this storm that purged the land of the great Evil that resided here before humanity's prosperity. The Evil was an unknown source of corruption that had come to consume the world and all its denizens. The true concern however, was the Dragon Spirit, the Spirit of Death. Death itself had been corrupted by this Evil, and began reaping the lives of those who were not yet fated to meet him. Death had even claimed the essences of many other spirits, and it was only when The wind, thunder and rain united that Death's new power could be matched. The wind whispered to the dragon and told him of his impending doom, should he persist. Death ignored him, and so Wind tore throughout the world and rendered Death's mighty wings useless. Then Thunder came and crushed the mighty dragon spirit, but it was STILL not enough. Finally, Rain took its part. The droplets of water inside the furious winds were like spears to the mighty Dragon, and Thunder was unrelenting. But when the winds died down, and the thunder ceased...the rain remained. Rain knew that it's job was not finished, no for it was compassionate. Seeing the evil that had usurped their draconian brother, Rain cried. The tears of Rain burned Death, but the burn was righteous and as it burned, it burned the evil from the Dragon. Death looked to his kin and with tears of his own said 'Forgive me, one day I shall make this right.' and then Death himself fell into eternal sleep.
Few remember the spirit, Death as the loving spirit he truly was. For it was he who took our frail, sickened bodies and remade them into the form we would next assume. To this day, those who worship Death are few and far between. Yet, in the under-ground city of Kage in Japan there lays a clan dedicated to Death. The Elder, Kage Masamune, was as old as the Great Storm itself. He was there when the waters purified their master, and he was there when this clan began. In this clan, was a boy who was not born, but found. This child, was adopted by the Elder, and due to his unusually pale skin, he was named Shi Ryurou. Shi learned quickly, when he was two years old, he was already wielding a blade, he was surly a gift from their spirit. Even when many of his peers were sleeping or eating, Shi would skip meals simply so he would know the true feeling of starvation and to be truly fatigued. By the age of sixteen, Shi was ready to take his place at his adoptive father's side, he was ready to be an Elite. The training Shi endured was enough to break any man, even the greatest of them. The Death Clan molded his body like clay, until his body was that of an Adonis, and tormented his skin was as callous as a Dragon's scales.
However, when Shi reached the age of twenty he was forced to take on a job that he would come to regret. Upon reaching the underground city, his home, he found bodies in the streets and fire quickly devouring the oxygen in the large cave-city. Shi quickly made his way to his Elder, his adoptive father, to see what his orders would be. When he reached his Elder, he found him in a pool of blood, all of Shi's peers around him, lifeless.
"Master, what has happened!?" Shi cried. His Elder only looked at the bodies with a frown and tear-filled eyes.
"The Evil has returned." Elder Kage said. He looked to Shi. "You are the only one who has not been corrupted. For even I...have fallen to the corruption."
"Master, that cannot be, I refuse to believe it!" Shi said, determined to see the good in his Elder and father.
"Shi, you are ready. Come and take your place." Kage said, and without a moments notice, Kage attacked. Shi used everything he'd ever learned from the order. The Shadow-Step which allowed him a quick jolt to silently dash at the speed of light. He used his own resolve, the resolve of a warrior and by almost supernatural means he was able to see and slice even bullets with his blade, but the moment he moved to attack, his speed and god-like perception was lost. He used the fighting stance of the Elder, the Kushalatatsu, the stance of the swift dragon, and while his strikes were not deep, they were many, and they were precise. As the fire roared in the cave, Shi was forced to a knee as he grasped his father's blade, and his father mirrored him. Shi looked to the shrine of Death behind them, and he heard a voice in the back of his head. "Kin of my Kin, Blood of my Blood, Now is out time, let your prowess shine.". Almost as if he had blacked out, Shi lost all sense of vision. Suddenly he felt his body moving, and when he next saw, his Elder, his own father was at his mercy. Kage looked at Shi and was mortified, not that Shi had done this, but that he had forced Shi into this situation. The earth above them came down, and there was no way they could get out alive. Kage then thrust his dagger into his own abdomen and began chanting. When the chant was finished he looked to Shi and allowed him to hear his final words.
"It's your clan now..."
As if guarded by Kage's soul, Shi emerged from the rubble and ruins untouched by the stone. Shi had a new role. Shi was not only the Elder of the Death clan, but he was the incarnate of Death himself! With the events that had just unfolded, Shi immediately set out to find The Ring of the Storm, and to begin rebuilding his clan so that he can defeat the Evil before it can claim the world that The Storm Spirit's had worked so hard to create. He would not see this world parish...Death would redeem himself.

The Powers

Power 1: Shadow-Step: Shi channels his energy and focus into a quick movement that is faster than the human eye can perceive. Many believe it to be teleportation, however it is simply advanced speed.(1 Ability +2 Speed )

Power 2: Warrior’s Resolve: Shi focuses on defending himself or his ally. His senses are heightened to god-like and he has the ability to compliment it. Once Shi moves to the offensive, he loses his god-like qualities. (1Ability + 1 Speed)

Power 3: Kushalatatsu: The fighting style of the Death clan, modeled after Death itself. The style kills the opponent slowly and cripples them with frequent, small Knicks and cuts that are only deep enough to damage the enemy. Death by 10000 cuts, basically. (8 Fighting Style)

Power 4: Dao no Shi: The final action Kage ever took. Shi inflicts a non-lethal but gruesome wound to himself. This action allows a portion of Shi’s (Death’s) Spirit to leave him and protect his ally from harm. So long as Shi stands, his ally is protected. Increase ally Dur by 5, cannot exceed 8. Duration is 6 posts. Usable once per topic. (+5 Ability)

Grid
Intelligence: 0
Occult: 3
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Durability: 7
Ability: 7
Fighting Skills: 8
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 0

Last edited by Zell Atterrius on May 11th 2013, 11:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Shi Ryurou Empty Re: Shi Ryurou

Post by Chellizard May 11th 2013, 12:35 am

Abilities come from actual Ability, or the stat itself. Such as:

Power 1: Shadow-Step::

Your "Shadow Step" ability would be, at least, 1 point in Ability. It all depends on how far you can travel. If it's based on speed, I would still say 1 point in ability to allow your character to move quickly, and efficiently; but with a very limited range.

Power 2: Warrior’s Resolve::

Heightened senses are 1 in Ability. Just one singular point. And by "Godlike" do you mean, his durability, speed, etc? If so, that would be a completely different form: giving him a separate grid. Separate forms cost 2 points in Ability.

Power 3: Kushalatatsu::

Fighting Skills works like this: You can know basically any type of fighting style, or master a certain one, like you've listed. Accompanied with Fighting Skills is reflexes; and they become superhuman for anyone with 7 or up in Fighting Skills. Meaning, you have Superhuman reflexes, accompanied with your expertise in your fighting style of choice, or several.

Power 4: Dao no Shi::

This seems like an Ability in itself, perhaps coupled with an item? But, really an Ability. And for it to have 5 in durability, you would need to have 5 in this Ability. I am now going to list the grid I think you should have for this character:

OCC: 3
STR: 2
SPD: 3
DUR: 7
ABI: 7 [ Dao no Shi: 5; Heightened Senses: 1; Shadow-Step: 1 ]
FS: 8

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Shi Ryurou JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell May 11th 2013, 7:19 pm

Ok, I think it's right now : P

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shi Ryurou Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Elena Vexus May 11th 2013, 11:35 pm

Shi Ryurou Medium
A p p r o v e d

Ms. Elena Vexus
The General
Advancements: #1-#8
Elena Vexus
Elena Vexus
The Eternally Elegant Elena Vexus
The Eternally Elegant Elena Vexus

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top