The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Michael Pratt "The Wisp" I_vote_lcapMichael Pratt "The Wisp" I_voting_barMichael Pratt "The Wisp" I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Michael Pratt "The Wisp"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Pratt "The Wisp" Empty Michael Pratt "The Wisp"

Post by Cybalt May 8th 2013, 4:55 pm

Hero Name: The Wisp
Title: None
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Grey
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 195
Blood type: A+

Character Image/Character Costume Image (Or Description):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When doing super hero stuff, Michael wears a black cloth mask like a bandana, and wears a simple military jacket, plain t-shirt, jeans, and boots.

Personality:
Outgoing, easygoing, and friendly, Michael is a man with a big heart. He often jokes around, but don't let that fool you... There is a very aggressive protector in there that will lash out fiercely when people are threatened.

History:

As a child, Michael was part of a group of children tested with a new, experimental drug called AWAKE. It was designed to be a mental growth stimulant for children with special needs. Michael was in the control group, so as to see what the effects would be on an average child. After the testing had ended, he showed no sign of side effects. The makers behind AWAKE faded into obscurity.

Now a fully grown adult, Michael is a man of action. Not having the funds for college, and not willing to be buried under student load debt, Michael joined the National Guard and tried to make the best of it. Deployed in the field and seeing some harsh action, Michael returned home with a new found purpose to do something to protect his home. He found his niche with the local Fire Department, and he made quite a home for himself there for a few years before it happened.

It began as a headache.

Headaches were not too uncommon for Michael, but this one had persisted the entire morning, and as he was riding in the truck to the most recent disaster, it still plagued him.

"You doing alright Mike?"

Mike nodded. "Yeah... Just a bit of a headache, that's all."

"Well stay sharp, it's supposed to be a bad one."

A bad one was putting it mildly. The entire second story of the two story house was an inferno by the time the truck arrived. A hysterical woman was babbling incoherently. It took him nearly a minute before he could clearly hear the words she spoke through her sobs.

"Basement! She's in the basement!"

"Mike! You've got two minutes, go!"

Michael rushed to the door, knocking the hinges nearly off as he burst though. Fire was quickly spreading, and after seeing the rubble between him and the basement door, Michael's mind raced for some way to get through.

His axe? There was too much rubble. It was too thick.

Climb over? Too hot, and the flames were taking their toll on the house's structure. Creaking boards sounded from all around.

His head pounding, Michael frantically searched for a way through.

"Mike!" His radio crackled. "If you got her, you need to get out of there, now!"

Michael's blood beat fast, he needed to go there, he needed to... He had to.

Almost as if something snapped, some sort of barrier in his mind, he was released.

Seven seconds later, Michael emerged from the building, carrying a small girl in his arms. He had no explanation for how it happened. That night, his body and mind simply broke through, and Michael became truly awake. Since that day, Michael has been researching the company behind AWAKE, and finding little to nothing.

The one thing he does know, is that he is capable of fighting far more than fires now.

Power(s):

Self-Teleportation:
Michael is able to teleport himself to anywhere he sees. He seemingly blinks out of existence for a few seconds before reappearing at the desired location, up to a range of 150 yards. This power, however, is exhausting, and tires him as if he had just sprinted the distance. So while he is able to travel very fast by rapidly teleporting his maximum range, it would quickly tire him, and he would pass out from exhaustion. He is able to carry items and even light people with him as he teleports, but the added weight is hard on him. There is a one post cool down between teleportations.

Object Teleportation:
Michael can make an unattended object within fifty feet teleport into his hands. The object must not be larger than Michael himself, and objects that are too heavy (Over 100 pounds) are not effected at all. There is a one post cool down between teleportations.

Awakened State: (Speed/Strength/Durability/Fighting Skills/Intelligence)
As another result of Mike's awakening, he has become slightly superhuman both physically and mentally. His fighting ability has increased as well, due to his new mental capacity and his new found physical abilities. He understands combat more than boot camp could ever have trained him to.

Items:

Fire Ax:
Originally taken as a trophy from one of his first rescues. Michael, with the power of his awakened mind, has been able to splice a stun baton into the bottom of the handle, making the butt of the ax a shocking weapon for when killing is not an option. He also has managed to work the electricity into the ax's blade, giving it an extra bite.

38. Special:
Not one to bring an axe to a gunfight, Michael keeps this revolver on him at all times.

Grid:
Intelligence: 5
Occult: 0
Strength: 5
Speed: 5
Durability: 5
Ability: 2/2
Fighting Skills: 6
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Cybalt on May 14th 2013, 5:35 am; edited 8 times in total
Cybalt

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-05-08

Back to top Go down

Michael Pratt "The Wisp" Empty Re: Michael Pratt "The Wisp"

Post by Forceaus May 8th 2013, 6:48 pm

The teleportation powers will only cost you 2 points each and you'll need to specify a range. There's also a 1 post cooldown between each use.

Also any stat of 5 and above is considered superhuman and therefore a power.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybalt May 10th 2013, 2:59 pm

Changed. Edited the teleportation powers, grid, and changed the ax to better reflect his hightened mind.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Toy Soldier
Spoiler:

The Wisp
Spoiler:
Cybalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 13th 2013, 1:41 pm

Teleportation range is anywhere within direct sight of the character's current location within a certain range. You can go up to about 200 yards. Just fix that and this is all set.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybalt May 13th 2013, 7:36 pm

Fixed the range to 150yards.

Toy Soldier
Spoiler:

The Wisp
Spoiler:
Cybalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 13th 2013, 7:37 pm

One last thing. The first point of wealth is free so you have 29 points spent.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybalt May 14th 2013, 5:36 am

And done Smile. Bumped up his fighting skills by one.

Toy Soldier
Spoiler:

The Wisp
Spoiler:
Cybalt

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 14th 2013, 11:21 am

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top