The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Meteor touches down (invite only)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meteor touches down (invite only)

Post by BrightChaos December 9th 2012, 8:00 pm

Miracle Boy stood up straight to face the scene. He looked back to see Womb had hit a car. He must not have been able to get a good footing to stop himself. He was about to go check on him when he started to get up.
"It's okay. He's a friend." Miracle Boy head before he heard a deafening roar.
"I think." He added uncertainly. Did this guy have an anger problem? Seemed so. To make matters worse some of the cars started making this awful wailing sound. He always hated it when they did that.

Then Garganoth picked two up and hurled one at him. The boy jumped above it hovering in the air hearing it crash loudly behind him and the whaling slowed and faded.
"So that's how you make them stop." He said quietly to himself looking back to the panicked people fleeing and the ones inside the restaurant hiding behind tables.

"Can you still run? We've got to lead him back to the mountains." Miracle Boy asked Womb. He landed back on the sidewalk and waved his arms sticking his tongue out at his stone friend.
"Hey! Can't catch me!" He yelled before talking off down the street back to where they had come from. There weren't any people over there.

BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

The Meteor touches down (invite only) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Meteor touches down (invite only)

Post by The Womb December 10th 2012, 10:34 am

Womb had been trying to get to his feet as another car smashed into his side sending him sprawling across the ground. He lay for a moment collecting himself and then got to his feet quickly this time. Before being violently propelled to the ground by a lump of steel, Womb had heard a deafening roar. Womb could not help but be impressed by the creatures zeal. He lept over the now crumpled vehicle and looked at the creature that stood before him. As he did so he noticed Miracle Boy race away down the road. He was obviously trying to lead the monster away from the people. A worthy plan. He looked at the beast for a moment before shouting over the car alarms and screams. "Follow us beast, I wish to talk with you." With that Womb began to run after Miracle Boy. He caught up with him soon enough, his stride being somewhat longer than his smaller comrade.

"Miracle Boy, we must calm this creature down! I must speak with him, he could be a valuable member to The Legions ranks. Well done on scouting him young comrade, you have done your peers proud."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Only from The Womb springs Life and Death" - WOMB
Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Heed me Humans. I am the Womb!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 273
Job : Rapper/writer/cafe assistant
Humor : Abstract
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 10th 2012, 6:47 pm

Garganoth saw the pair's reactions to the cars. Miracle Boy had cleanly leapt over the moving vehicle, but had taken longer than this planet's gravity really allowed. The skeleton man had just gotten up when the second car crushed into him as well. Normally, Garganoth would have pondered the victory over gravity or why the leader didn't just catch the car if he was strong enough to get back up after those attacks. As the situation was though, all it saw was the pair fleeing. It couldn't let them get away, but needless to say, they were both much faster than it. Garganoth started to charge forward, swatting abandoned cars aside as easily as the grass beneath it's feet. When it had a clear line to the street the pair was booking toward, Garganoth tensed it's legs tight, and released them, causing it to propel forward through the air as though it had been launched off a 100 ton spring. In midair, Garganoth curled into a ball becoming a 1200lb cannonball hurtling directly at the two. At best it would smash into one or both of them or land in front of them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 157
Job : Meh, who needs one?
Humor : Bad, just awful
Registration date : 2012-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BrightChaos December 11th 2012, 6:11 am

Calm it down? Now that would be difficult. But first they would need to get it away from the city. Then he'd have to find a way to calm it out. Miracle Boy just nodded to acknowledge he heard Womb. He looked back to Garganoth but...where was he? He looked up and went wide-eyed at the boulder flying towards them. He reached out to grab Womb by the back of the shirt with the intention of yanking him back with him.

The impact shook the ground and bits of the sidewalk rained on him like a hailstorm. He used his shield to cover his face but felt pieces leaving cuts on the rest of his body Through the dust he could make out the crater that this alien left in the sidewalk reminding him of the one it had landed in. If he got hit by that it's game over!

The boy opened his hands and two energy balls formed in his palms. He threw his hands forward sending his life force blast to strike the cannonball creature just below the center. If nothing else he hoped to launch it back into the sky. They were almost back to the mountains.

Miracle Boy
Spoiler:
BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womb December 12th 2012, 9:24 am

Womb felt Miracle boy tug on his jacket and pull him backwards. As he did so a giant boulder flew overhead and smashed into the ground in front of them. Womb was impressed, he knew he had enlisted Miracle Boy into the legion for a reason. "I must commend you this day Miracle Boy. You are truly the gallant warrior I perceived you to be." As he spoke Miracle Boy began to fire his life energy blasts at the boulder, perhaps in an attempt to keep it rolling forwards towards the mountains.

Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 12th 2012, 9:41 am

Garganoth had missed yet again due to this wretched gravity. This time it had over compensate for the planets invisible pull and had soared over the tops of his targets heads. Creating a crater in the middle of the road. Just as Garganoth was about to stand, he felt two small burning irritations at his lower back. They were attempting to disintegrate him here and now... wait...
A thought struck Garganoth then. It slowly stood and looked around, amazed at the destruction that had been caused in this brief time. He saw a dozen smashed vehicles, the crater it was standing in, and the destroyed M building. The worker had just put the burger on the counter and was still standing with his hand over the tray, his already pale skin gone deathly white and his spots standing out. "How odd," Garganoth thought about the fact that the natives could change color when scared. After taking in it's surroundings, Garganoth turned to the pair, "I think there has been a misunderstanding. If that was your attempt to disintegrate me than it isn't too late to correct your mistakes."
Garganoth than greeted the stranger properly by looking up at the sky.

Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by BrightChaos December 12th 2012, 2:57 pm

Miracle Boy smiled hearing Wombs compliment while still keeping his breams on the alien. But, nothing happened? He stopped his life force blasts seeing they failed to even move the space rock. Just how heavy was this guy? But then Garganoth seemed to drop out of his rage.

"Disintegrate? Oh yeah. We didn't mean to do that." He added half cofidently. Not wanting to sound weak but now wanting to enrage him again. What did disintegrate even mean? Maybe he was talking about the whole straw wrapper prank again.

Miracle Boy
Spoiler:
BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womb December 18th 2012, 5:43 pm

Outraged at the turn of events Womb pointed at the creature and began to chastise him, the perplexed tone in his voice revealing his unbelief. "Have you gone mad creature? Disintegrate you? With what technology?"

Calming down a little Womb lowered his finger, yet still held his gaze on the Crystal ogre. "However you are correct, there has been a misunderstanding. We do not seek to harm you. I simply perceived you to be attacking a team mate of mine. I am sorry." Looking about a bit Womb readied himself to speak with the creature. It seemed the being had nowhere to go. He certainly didn't belong to Humanity. Perhaps I could use this creature to my advantage. "What is your name? Perhaps you should come with us, we could teach you about the ways of this world."

Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 18th 2012, 10:44 pm

Garganoth took one last look around it. People, noticing the end of the sounds of battle, were peeking out their windows and stepping out their doors. The braver were starting to move in to see what the latest affront to their semi-normal lives was. Garganoth then turned back to the skeletal headed man and the Wonder Boy. "Again, I apologize greatly. Unless I was hearing things though, I swear I heard you say you would turn me to dust.," it explained how it had come to the conclusion of disintegration. "I am more than glad to accept your apology. I would have done the same for any of my comrades back home. When my home existed that is," it paused for a moment. Afterward continuing in a more somber tone, "My name is Garganoth, creation of Smaelyn the Intelligent. I apparently am in great need of knowledge of the way your world works. I also need to speak to your leader. I have been held from my quest long enough. I must discuss matters regarding the safety of your world."

Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by BrightChaos December 19th 2012, 4:59 am

The boy heard Womb's objection. He was defending him? It must have been the part where Garganoth tossed those toys at him.
Miracle Boy relaxed seeing that the fight was at an end. As much as he hated to admit it his powers were not effective against this guy.
"This is Womb, he's a bit over-emotional but he means well. Don't let his looks fool you." He assured Garganoth before looking back to Womb.
"Womb here leads alot of people. I think he is the one you are looking for." He explained. Or at least he was the first leader he had met here.

"So, back to base?" He asked wondering if he would take Garganoth back to Split Shot's place, which seemed to be their headquarters as far as he could tell.
"I'll probably do some flying before I head back. Catch you there." He said before turning to fly off. Before he went back he had heard that there was a beach nearby and he wanted to see it.

Miracle Boy
Spoiler:
BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womb December 19th 2012, 11:00 am

"As you wish Miracle Boy. Remain cautious when on your own, we know not of what enemies await us in the shadows. Farewell." He waved as Miracle Boy flew off into the distance. A smile would have crept up on The Womb's face, if it had had any flesh there to enable such an act.

He turned to the Garganoth, uncertain if he would fit inside The Legion's head quarters. "If you wish to speak then you should walk with me. I shall take you to a more secluded area where we will not be leered at by simple minded Humans." He turned and motioned the creature to follow. He also wished to leave before the city's watch showed up and caused more of a scene. With police, often came Heroes and Heroes did not often portray what their namesake suggested. Another mirage in the world of illusions and mirrors.

Womb walked on, taking it for granted the creature followed. He walked straight back to head quarters, a small shack like building belonging to one of the founding members of the The Legion; Split Shot. He entered and walked around, looking for a seat and table. He realized the creature would find it difficult to sit on a chair made of wood. His immense bulk would surely break it. For now the floor would have to do for him.

Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 19th 2012, 6:58 pm

Garganoth bade Miracle Boy goodbye and to be safe. It then followed Womb through the streets listening to how this entity spoke, watching how he moved, reading between the lines. This entity had been shunned from society, had been outcast from the general population. He knew what it meant to be hated, despised, unwanted. This was something Garganoth could connect to.
When the pair reached the humble abode, for humble it certainly was, Garganoth saw it's host looking for seats that would suit it. Garganoth waved him off his search, saying to Womb, "My kind do not sit. We do not sleep, and other than the occasional treat, we do not eat." Garganoth took a position in the corner. "I am a being from the now late planet Chrystera. My brethren are now scattered about the universe seeking to make a life somewhere new. It is an event that had created in me great sorrow and rage," it said with a depressed tone.

Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womb December 19th 2012, 8:34 pm

So the creature was from another world. It knew space, just as The Womb knew space. the Womb felt overjoyed to meet a fellow traveler of The Universe. His inner joy was cut short, hearing the creatures tale of it's now destroyed home world and the scattered state of his people filled The Womb with sadness. He sympathized with the alien, as he too was separated from his own.

"I am sorry to hear that Garganoth. Truly. I have known a similar situation for the duration of my existence, it is very painful." He looked at the creature for a moment, regarding him as though he was a long lost friend. A person whom The Womb had missed deeply, yet could not bring himself to be overjoyed at his presence. A strange emotion to feel indeed. "Well, Garganoth, if it is Life anew you wish have, Life anew is what I, The Womb shall give you. For you see Garganoth, I am the creator of this world. For only from The Womb springs Life and Death and as they did spring forth from me they now co-exist in this world as Nature." He paced a little, ignoring the chair he had picked out to sit on.

"My story will be a lot for you to take in Garganoth. It is one that many beings in this Universe have trouble comprehending. It will more than likely leave you with more questions than answers. Yet it is one you must hear. In fact, you will be the only one to have heard it uttered thus far. As far as my dealings with the Humans have gone, I have deemed it unwise to divulge my secrets to them. Their puny minds could not perceive it. You will notice their small minded arrogance as you live here." The last remark was flippant, yet still rang true. It almost felt like a solid confirmation of something The Womb had only previously been suspicious of. Another wave of sadness crashed against the beach head of The Womb's conscience.

Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 19th 2012, 9:15 pm

As the Womb reflected on what Garganoth had said, it saw the relation. The realization that the two were not so different as they looked to be. With that, Garganoth's entire preception of this figure changed. When The Womb promised a new life in this world of his creation, Garganoth felt hope. Hope that when it was done saving this world from itself, it would have a place to call home. Home...
It was shaken out of it's dream by the choice of words used by this creator. Garganoth would hear this story before it cast judgement. "I will hear your story and learn your wisdom on one conditon. You must then hear my story and heed my warning," it said before settling into a position that it could hold for years if it had to. Garganoth would listen and learn.

Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womb December 20th 2012, 10:02 am

Womb curled his mental lips into a proverbial grin. "A fair deal friend. A fair deal indeed."

He paused for a moment, then decided to sit. He deliberated on where to start his story and chose to start his tale where it should, the beginning. "My tale is long, I hope you can understand it's depth. You see Garganoth, I am an eternal creature. I was born alongside the The Universe itself, born everlasting, born to witness the span of the Universe and it's ultimate ending. For a long time, I knew my purpose. Though I knew not how I knew it. After traversing the annals of the cosmos I found a place to settle myself. A small planet but one with vast potential. This, Earth. Soon after my arrival my true purpose came into being and Life and Death were born. As you know, after an eon of time had passed Humanity had risen to the forefront of nature. Creating civilizations for themselves, great Babylons of blissful ignorance. As I lived alongside them I bore witness to their tainted beliefs. I came to realize that Life, my son, was the cause of this. He had created humanity in order to exploit it. And to exploit such a beautiful child such as Humanity, or any other sentient race for that matter, was an evil that I could not bare to be subject too. Periodically I would enter a catatonic state for hundreds of years, maybe even a millennia at a time. Hoping that each time I had seen Humanity spiral to Life's whims, it was because they were still primitive in their ways and had not yet learned to fight against Life. However I was wrong, and I have awoken here after another period of absence to find that evil has become so common place that people accept it into their daily lives willingly! It is atrocious! How vile their ignorance is!"

Womb had to pause for a moment. All this passion erupting from him could throw him into an episode. He did not wish for his new companion to witness such a thing. Calming himself down a bit he looked a Garganoth whilst settling back into his chair. "So my wish is not to sit idly by and let this happen. For too long I have let this happen, naively waiting for them to educate themselves. Now has come the time for re-schooling. And I am their new tutor. I must deliver unto them the ultimate truth, and destroy the misery that they inflict upon themselves for good. If I do not, then Humanity will never reach the potential it deserves and will likely wipe itself from existence. And that my friend, is not something I am willing to let happen while I still reside here." He lent back in the chair. "And so, I have enlisted the help of others whom are like minded to help me spread the word. To help me show the Humans their follies. And I would ask of you also Garganoth. We are kind from the cosmos. I would gladly see you by my side when the proverbial asteroid strikes."

Spoiler:

The Womb's Bio
The Womb's Experience
The Womb
The Womb
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Orojed13 December 20th 2012, 1:15 pm

Garganoth quietly stood, watching the skeletal man think. He took awhile to start, but Garganoth was used to long waits. As most of his kind would live for longer than 1200 years of activity, even longer through periods of stasis, Garganoth was more than patient. After choosing to sit down, his host began the story. Garganoth listened intently making sure to hear and remember every detail. It listened to the wisdom that this immortal being had to share, and it learned. It listened to the meanings between the words, the hurts that had left their scars, the loneliness that filled this creatures void. Garganoth heard this and sympathized. It felt a connection that he had never felt. It's creator had never given it this camaraderie, this level of empathy. When the storyteller finished the story, Garganoth shifted from listening, to telling. Garganoth checked that The Womb was ready and began...

"A long time ago, about three millenia, there was a planet full of my people called Chrystera. Everyone was united, everyone worked toward common goals, and everyone hold each other upright. It was at that time that there was an accident. The planet's Great Crystal and it's advisor were the heads of two main branches of families on the planet. They were alone, checking on a report that someone was trapped in a gorge. While out something has happened that has never been verified. The only report was from the advisor as The Great Crystal never returned. The advisor had told a tale of a attempted rescue of an alien being that had gone awry. The alien being had been saved but had tricked The Great Crystal into it's ship and had kidnapped him. No one ever found a trace of this alien being, and when we die, we return to the crystal so we couldn't verify if The Great Crystal had died or was taken away. Either way, The Great Crystal's family considered the advisor a liar which the advisor took offense to. Instead of being reasonable, a great war started. Weapons were developed at alarming rates for our people and the world was split between the now two allegiances. Eventually, the war came to a standstill. For centuries, my creator worked on a secret invention for The Great Crystal's army. I found out what it was. It was a disintegrator. Now, my planet's atmosphere is much thinner than this planet, the gravity much less. When the army got a hold of the weapon and began using it on the enemy, their particles drifted into space. Since the remains were leaving the planet, instead of rejoining the crystal, Chrystera began to lose mass. With the loss of mass, the planet eventually loss it's orbit and began sinking into our star. Everyone left jumped into space to seek their new destinies."

Garganoth stood for several minutes, stemming the rage it felt. It looked as though there was more to the tale, but nothing more of the tale was said. Instead, Garganoth said to The Womb, "I am here to stop a great divide, to stop the great war that will destroy your planet as mine was. I will join your legion to drive out this evil faction. I will join you to temper the hearts of humans so they might see peace as my ancestors once knew." Garganoth kneeled before The Womb, "Teach me the ways of this planet. Use me as you see fit. I am your hammer, and this world is your anvil. We will strike the hearts of your kind until they are hard as steel."

Red 53
Orojed13
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top