The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapShadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_voting_barShadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open)

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 9th 2012, 5:59 pm

Suddenly, Naomi found herself airborne with an agonizing pain in her torso. She knew this young man's powers were great, but she had no idea just how strong it was until she was struck. There was no way to overpower him with an ability like that. Her shadow manipulation stood no chance. At least in terms of power. If Naomi wanted to be victorious, she needed a strategy. Now, it was time to outsmart her adversary and utilize whatever she could against him. She summoned an appendage in the shape of a massive hand from her shadow to catch her before she were to fly into a building or something. As she was brought back to the concrete, she remembered the the existence of the police officers that had them partially surrounded. That gave her an idea. She didn't care whether they live or die from this confrontation, but maybe this hero did. After all, he did save their lives.

Ignoring the sharp pain in her side, Naomi generates more giant hands from her shadow, this time more than a pair. She had generated over a dozen shadowy appendages that loomed over her in an arc formation. Her smile that had vanished upon being struck by the young man's power returned as she unleashed them upon everyone: the police officers and her adversary. There was no way he could save everyone without harming them, she thought, assuming that perhaps this hero knew a few techniques that could prove her wrong. As she unleashed her fury, she prepared herself to move quickly as soon as anything came her way, plotting her next move against this fellow metahuman.

Mr. Whoosh

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-11-03

Back to top Go down

Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shadow of a Sinister Soul (Open)

Post by Forceaus November 11th 2012, 8:02 pm

Forcewave had successfully managed to outmaneuver his opponent at this moment in time and strike the psychotic shadow manipulator right in her torso with a powerful blast of energy all while dodging around her shadows.But he didn't stop with just that.He was already preparing to attack again if she happened to still be conscious and determined to continue these senseless acts of violence with use of those shadows.As his energy formed a thin yet powerfully sustained veil that surrounded him entirely he saw the remaining shadows move away and reform into another massive hand that was used to catch her as she flew through the sky as a result of his attack.

She appeared hurt and he could easily tell that she was indeed.But by no means was she done with this crusade of sadism.He could even moreso easily tell that this was not over.Not yet anyways.Forcewave prepared to fire at her as more of those damn hands of shadow formed.This time several of them came out of the darkness and moved about ominously until they started to strike not just at him but at the police officers as well.Just when he thought he had created enough distance from them so that they wouldn't be involved in this anymore he they were in danger.Immediately he got moving since he could recognize this gambit.The second they started moving he first fired at the frontmost one right in its wrist since he believed that was the best way to destroy those things.A second shot was quickly fired at the woman herself who was the source of all these things before he got moving.He formed a series of walls of energy to block and push back all the hands until they were all eventually destroyed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 11th 2012, 8:36 pm

Things were going as planned for Naomi. When she begun to attack, he began moving to counter her assault and once again save the officers. Now was the time to get moving and put her plan into action. If frontal attacks were no good, perhaps exploiting blind spots would be imperative.

Malice got moving when the first hand was destroyed, speeding around the perimeter and expanding her shadow as she leaves her hands of darkness to attack. She watched the hero unleash destructive bursts of energy to destroy her hands of darkness and laughed at him in thought, avoiding getting to close and risking being struck by another burst of energy. He was far to busy to have noticed that she was no longer there, at least that's what she figured. While the hero conjured walls of energy to counter her shadows, Naomi had now placed herself behind him while the hands were attacking in front of him. She held her breath and swiftly scuttled close to him as the last of her shadow's hands have been destroyed, gripping her knife as she tries to carve it into the young man's back. She expected to have landed this blow, but prepared to evade or counter whatever maneuver the hero would perform next. Her black shadow was now beneath everyone's feet, no doubt frightening the officers, and if the hero was to turn around, she could launch a more devestating attack from behind. If this plan worked, she would have killed her first metahuman! Or so she hoped.
Mr. Whoosh

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 12th 2012, 11:05 pm

Forcwave's defensive actions against the multi-pronged assault of the shadow hands that attacked not only him but the cops as well was more than just a defense.It was also a counterattack of sorts.Having seen previously that he could overpower the woman he knew his walls of energy were able to push back all the shadow hands back towards where they originated from.This way the psychotic woman would have limited room to move once all that took place.Or at least that would be the case if she had happened to still be there.That was not the case however since she had moved from her previous location in at attempt to blindside him.

During his efforts to stop all the shadow hands in their tracks he had noticed her running about to try and get behind while without him noticing at all due to being too distracted with those damn hands to see her.Unfortunately for her Forcewave had acted too quickly and had noticed what she was doing though had pretended not to be aware of such a thing.It had not been hard at all to notice she had moved.He had fired at her after destroying the first hand and had already seen that she had gotten away.As she approached him from behind with the knife ready to strike he used the veil of energy around him to protect himself as he turned slightly to dodge out of the way and grabs at her wrist which was carrying the knife in an attempt to pull at it to bring her to the ground and damage it enough with his energy to break her wrist.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 12th 2012, 11:32 pm

Naomi's attack had been seen by the force manipulator after all. She was frustrated by this fact, but not surprised. Clearly this hero was quick with his eyes and noticed her maneuvering behind him, thus allowing him to dodge. Naomi, luckily, was prepared to dodge to. In the blink of an eye, the hero reaches out for Naomi's right wrist after protecting himself from her knife. Just as swiftly, Naomi swipes at his hand with the knife as she jumps back from him. Her shadow was still wide enough to cover their battleground, but using it now for a sneak attack would be stupid. She needed to keep his eyes and thought off of her secret plan.

Swifty, she begins dashing around the hero, circling him and conjuring shadowy appendages shaped like swords and spikes in her wake. As swift as lightning, the swords and spikes lunge at the hero with their tips aimed for him, more and more joining in the more she circled the young man. "Try and block this one, mister!" she taunted, making silly faces and sticking her tongue at him. Her shadows may not be very durable against his force manipulation, but in these forms, they may have been able to penetrate his veil of energy and strike him.
Mr. Whoosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 13th 2012, 8:40 pm

The attempt made by Forcewave to reach out and grab the woman's wrist as part of a way to disable her and end this abrupt battle between two metahumans before it got too out of hand did not work out as well as he hoped.The woman he was fighting against with the shadow controlling abilities managed to avoid his grasp and swipe out at him with the knife while she got away from him.The knife strike was rather weak in its effort.It was probably due to her wanting to get away from him at that precise moment in time.Perhaps it was because she had learned from earlier that he was quite dangerous to her from when he struck her in the torso.

"The shadows." he was thinking.It was those she was controlling.If he could get rid of them before she could use them then he would have her beat.Then again that part was easier said than done.He was not quite sure how the shadow lying on the ground even worked in comparison to the others.Not that he even had the chance to check it out.The woman started attacking again.This time she ran around him with the shadows forming into various deadly shapes to strike out at him.Forcewave seeing what she was doing took off running too to intercept her while she was trying to completely surround him with all the shadowy spikes as he conjured forth another wall of energy to block the ones now behind him as he dashed in front of her and struck at her with two different attacks.The first was with his right hand as a air slicing swipe to her head followed immediately with a wave of energy from his left hand that was aimed directly at her torso.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 14th 2012, 12:11 am

The attack wasn't going as planned. For the first time, the hero made a move towards Naomi, which surprised her, considering he was moving away from her in the beginning of this strife. Naomi made a mental note to herself that her enemy was anything but stationary. But she wasn't going to give up just because this fool was now being more aggressive in battle. Her want to torture him grew and grew as the battle progressed.

Now the hero was directly in Naomi's path, firing waves of energy at her head and torso. Acting quickly, Naomi ducks under the slicing swipe that zooms over head, but wasn't quite quick enough for the attack towards her torso. She manages to move a bit to the side, only to be struck in her left side, the blow leaving behind another sharp pain. With this pain and the one she already had in her torso, Naomi found them together difficult to ignore, and winces in agony. Still, she continued towards the hero at great speed despite the delay and drops to the ground, sliding in between his legs, all the while attempting to carve her knife into his left knee, preparing to let go the very second it struck.
Mr. Whoosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 14th 2012, 7:47 pm

Forcewave's newest counterattack which was in all essentials his first actual attack in this battle at all proved to be somewhat successful.Certainly enough so that it he was considering it good enough for him.Now he was the one that would soon be going on the offensive and hopefully ending this thing without any more hesitation at all.Even though only one of his two attacks had managed to successfully connect it was enough when one considers just how powerful those attacks were to do some serious damage to her.He could see that she was now in pain.

Still was not over yet though.This psychotic woman just would not quit anytime soon.She continued to dash forward and leaned backwards now sliding on her knees towards him.Forcewave quickly sidestepped her, nearly falling over as he did so before regaining his balance and then firing a small bullet like energy blast at the ground next to her as she came to a stop as a warning shot."Just a warning.I can do alot more than what you have seen so far."

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 15th 2012, 7:10 am

When she came to a halt, a small burst of energy cracks the ground next to her, and the hero warns her of his full potential. If he was trying to scare her, it was no use. She giggles again as she stands and turns to him with a cheerful smile, ignoring the pain being amplified by her movement. No doubt it was unbearable, but it wasn't like she hadn't been in this kind of pain before, and she wasn't going to let it get the better of her now. "I can too, mister." she replies to him in a kind tone, "If you're trying to scare me, then you can stop right there. It's not working." In the back of her mind, however, she didn't know exactly how she was going to combat the young man's powers. Against his manipulation of force, her shadows weren't durable enough to stand against them....at least not the simple appendages she had been creating. What if she used all of her shadow at once? Would she be able to counter it then? She was determined to try it the moment she was given the chance. If not, she knew she was going to have to retreat and try killing this metahuman some other time.
Mr. Whoosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 15th 2012, 3:56 pm

Forcewave's attempt to deter the woman's continued attempts of malicious actions through means of intimidation did not seem to work at all.Then again he really was not expecting it to.Based on what he had learned of what she was like it really had no chance of working at all.That was of no mind for him though.None at all."It does not matter at all what you can do.You're not going to beat me." he told her in response to her informing him that she would not be intimidated at all.

The veil of energy that had been surrounding him as a protective barrier now not only completely reformed but was now twice as powerful than it was beforehand and it had already held up against both shadows and her knife very effectively.It had been working great so far and there was nothing to suggest that it would fail.He had already seen and determined that his power was greater than hers.Knowing this he dashed forward at speeds greater than a human could match and struck out at her with a punch straight to her jaw, his energy swirling around him as the true means of attack in hopes of finishing this off once and for all.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 18th 2012, 4:48 pm

The hero's last statement enraged Naomi unbelievably. But, perhaps it was true. At least, at this moment. This entire strife she had been losing outright. Her body was already in too much pain and strain to keep going with fighting. Even if her theory was correct, there was no garuntee she'd beat him. He proved too evasive and too cleaver for her tricks and schemes that were unsuccessfully cloaked by her childish mannerisms. As much as it sickened her, it was time to cut her losses and flee.

Suddenly, the young man charged forward for a final punch that would no doubt put her out of commission. Acting quickly, Little Miss Malice produced a strong, fortified wall of shadow before quickly jumping back, watching it shatter after enduring that one punch engulfed in a veil of the hero's energy. Continuing would be foolish, and she knew it was. It was time to move elsewhere to quench her thirst for suffering and carnage.
"Okay, mister, you win. This time." Naomi tells him with a smile, taking some steps back and trying her hardest not to wince, "I'll come looking for you some other time when I've gotten stronger. Then we'll play again!" With that, she turns and dashes away from the hero at the speed of a zooming car, he shadow condensing and following her as she ran. Her first encounter with a metahuman was entirely a failure
Mr. Whoosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 18th 2012, 9:00 pm

Forcewave had aimed a punch powered by a large amount of energy he had generated directly at the woman's face.Yes he actually had it in him to hit a woman.Then again this one in particular kind of did not leave him any choice in the matter at all.She had been trying to kill not only him but some police officers and who knows how many more people had he not stepped in to stop her.His punch however was blocked by a wall of shadow that sprung forth between him and the dangerous woman.He continued to push forth with his attack and managed to shatter the wall of shadows only to see that she had backed away and out of reach from his attack.

Forcewave immediately started charging up another attack only to see that the woman was now starting to retreat.She told about how she was giving up this time and that she would return one day to seek revenge on him for defeating her this very day.As soon as she said that she turned around and started running away from him seemingly as fast as she could run with the last of her shadows following her.Forcewave was about to take off in hot pursuit of her when he noticed that the officers were getting ready to take action once more.A few more were arriving at this very moment.By the time he looked back in the direction that the woman had ran off in he had lost track of her.Realizing this he decided to take off himself and get as far away from the cops as he possibly could.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by psychocard November 25th 2012, 6:37 pm

Mickey had been taking a walk, enjoying the fresh air, when the sounds of a battle broke through the air. Just ignore it, just ignore it, went through his head, but he found himself walking towards the battle anyway. It seemed that it was nearing its end, as one of the combatants, a man in a costume, shattered a wall of shadow generated by his opponent, a young girl. The girl seemed to be injured, judging from her her unsteadiness, and after saying a few words to the man, ran off. Mickey hid as she ran past him. Was she a villain as well? He decided to lend her a helping hand, as his first fight had also been a disaster. Mickey silently kept chase for a few blocks until he managed to catch up with her. It took some effort, as she was very fast and only seemed to be slowed down by her injuries.

"Hey there, I'm Songbird. No, I'm not a hero, and no, I'm not a pedophile, so don't ask. I was just wondering if you needed a place to recover and hide out . Villains have to stick together, right?" he hoped she would trust him, as this was one of the few times he ever showed kindness to someone.

Songbird
Josie
Spoiler:
psychocard

Number of posts : 80
Job : Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Whoosh November 25th 2012, 8:12 pm

After escaping from the hero and the police, Naomi now had another problem: where will she go next? She needed a place to lay low and recover. Her injuries were great, and she wasn't going to be able to keep running with them for long. As she contemplated over her issue, a curious man suddenly hurries up beside her and greets her. He told Naomi that he was known as Songbird and assured her that he was in no way a hero or, god forbid, a sex criminal. He even offered her a place to stay for awhile. It seemed sudden and suspicious, but what other choice did she have? Besides, if it was a trick, she could always kill him. She came to a halt to greet the man more appropriately. She was far away from any police officer, and she needed the break.

"A place to stay? That sounds wonderful, mister!" Naomi tells him with the most happiest of expressions, "I could really use someplace to rest, thanks. By the way, I'm Little Miss Malice, but you can call me Naomi if you want."
Mr. Whoosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 25th 2012, 8:19 pm

((OOC: This is going to be my exit post for this topic.))

Forcewave had managed to defeat the psychotic woman and her shadow manipulating capabilities.She had retreated in pain with the knowledge of her defeat.He had not however gotten even a moment to rest after having done so.The police were still intent on arresting him because of his nature as a metahuman.None were safe nowadays due to events in the last few months.Forcewave took off running at speeds beyond that of a normal human to get away from them.With most their vehicles disabled and the street not in the best shape escaping was rather easy for him.After several minutes of running he eventually found a hiding place and changed out of costume.Now he was able to walk around without suspicion from others and was safe once again.

((Exit topic.))

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by psychocard November 25th 2012, 8:47 pm

"Nice to meet you Naomi. Since you've been so nice as to tell me your name, my real name's Mickey. And yes, I'm named after a cartoon mouse, get over it." he took off his coat and handed it to her."Here, put this on. It'll help hide your injuries until we get to my apartment. It's a bit of a walk, so try and bear with it, alright?" by the time they reached the apartment complex it was nearly nightfall, which wasn't a problem for them, as that meant there were fewer people to see them. As he led Naomi up the stairs to the second floor where his apartment was, he began to wonder what exactly was he doing taking in a young girl? Meh, he already invited her, so he may as well just go with it. He opened the door and turned on the lights, then headed toward the bathroom to get the med kit. "You can sit on the couch while I get the bandages. So kid, what's your story? I'm trying to destroy the world, crazy as that sounds. I blame it on my dad. Used to beat me up all the time, just cause I couldn't talk. Only reason I'm in Georgia is to escape the cops in L.A" he walked back into the room with the kit and opened it. "You want to do this yourself or do you want me to?"

Last edited by psychocard on November 27th 2012, 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Songbird
Josie
Spoiler:
psychocard

Number of posts : 80
Job : Student

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top