The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Tin Man (application) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Tin Man (application) I_vote_lcapTin Man (application) I_voting_barTin Man (application) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Tin Man (application) I_vote_lcapTin Man (application) I_voting_barTin Man (application) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Tin Man (application)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tin Man (application) Empty Tin Man (application)

Post by NRG-XLR8R November 6th 2012, 5:40 am

Hero Name: Tin Man
Title: (none yet)
Alignment: Good Guy (Believes laws are guidelines to protect us. Don't ask, don't tell. Get the job done well.)
Race: Human (Caucasian)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'-2" (188cm)
Weight: 200lb (91kg)(14stone-4lb)

Costume Description/Image: As Tin Man, he appears to be a nondescript bald man in his mid-twenties, as the Tin Man effect smoothes his features, dressed casually in tennis shoes of a moderate brand, denim pants, and a t-shirt or hoodie, depending on the weather. The differentiating factors are the addition of a cape, and that he appears metallic, as if a 'human statue' who forgot he was supposed to pose.

Personality: Wayne grew up on comic books and old-time television reruns. He is naively optimistic. He generally believes things will work out for the best in the long run. He also believes there is always a solution.

History: The idea at the laboratory was to introduce highly temperature-resistant nanites into a liquid metallic environment using applied sound frequencies and Brownian motion so as to distribute them evenly. The nanites were to copy the properties of the surrounding substance and to thus be able to repair surrounding matter if damaged by rust, stress, fracture, etc. The corollary idea was to use a Phosphorus (P)-nanite protective coating over Iron for manufacturing more efficient load-bearing members, among other applications. With its low (111ºf, 44ºc) liquid point, (P) is relatively easy to use, and with its biological role in life, it was thought to be very safe indeed with which to work. Then came Wayne. He came in contact with the (P)-nanite mix. The project was immediately shelved indefinitely for safety concerns. Wayne was fired at the workplace, and treated for mild shock and 1st degree burns, entrusted with a list of "things to look out for," and given a clean bill of health at the hospital. He discovered his Tin Man abilities as time went on.

Powers:
Cosmetic (not adding to effectiveness, but effective) metal melee weapon (baseball bat, nun-chucks, etc.)

Gadgets:
1) Breather Mask (Grows oxygen-enhancing breather for dangerous environments e.g.: fire/water/high atmosphere)
2) +2 DUR Shield Other (adds 2 DUR object, max 5 DUR) (metallic cape to cover a civilian, for instance) (not usable on self) (5 posts to regenerate if broken through to damage shielded object)

Power Grid:
Wayne - Tin Man
INT: 4 - 4
STR: 2 - 5 (stronger as Tin Man)
SPD: 3 - 3
DUR: 2 - 5 (tougher as Tin Man)
EP : 0 - 0
FS : 5 - 5

Power Grid colours:
Black background and text, blue boxes for Wayne, Tin Man bonuses in silver (pretty please)

Character Image/Description:
Wayne Johnson has a square shaped face with an easy smile, optimistic glint in his blue eyes, clean-shaven face, and stylishly unruly brown hair reaching just above his collar. At 6'-2", 200lbs, and medium frame, he has the build and muscle tone of somebody who works out regularly.

Roleplay Sample:
Wayne was sitting in the coffee shop, using the wireless hot-spot to check his social media on his laptop, and finishing his drink. Just as he was logging off, he got a very intense waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop sense of anticipation. He knew something big was about to happen.
At the chime of the front door, he looked up to see one of the most desirable-looking redheads with sparkling blue eyes he had ever hoped to see looking straight at him and smiling. He looked behind himself to be sure, found her just looking away when his gaze returned, and determined to meet her.
Wayne threw away his empty cup. He remembered to breathe. He approached the girl, and said, "I'm just about to order another, may I pay for yours as well?"
She replied, "Hi, my name is Megan. I won't let you buy me one, but if I see you here again, I might sit and have a drink with you."
"I'm Wayne," he began, "and that would be great." He felt certain he would see her here again soon, never once thinking she might be in town for only one day.
Megan ordered her drink to go. Wayne placed his order to go as well, hoping to follow her for a while.
Megan left with her drink, mesmerizing Wayne, and several other patrons, such was the hypnotic grace of her movement as viewed from behind while she left.
At the second call of his order, Wayne snapped out of the spell and got his drink. He then remembered his laptop and gave up on the idea of following Megan. Strangely, even though he felt elated at the possibility of enjoying her company sometime, the feeling of anticipation remained unchanged, as if the shoe had not yet dropped, and he was left wondering what might be coming his way.
NRG-XLR8R
NRG-XLR8R

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Job : I haven't one. I am a disabled veteran.
Humor : Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Tin Man (application) Empty Re: Tin Man (application)

Post by Forceaus November 6th 2012, 11:37 am

OK, firstly the personality, history and powers could all use more expanding on.The history should include more than just the origin of powers such as the character's life beforehand.

It's 3 EP for the power.2 for activating it and 1 more for the cosmetic altering ability

As for your items use the following [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Tin Man (application) Empty Tin Man (re-write application)

Post by NRG-XLR8R November 7th 2012, 1:07 am

Hero Name: Tin Man
Title: (none yet)
Alignment: Good Guy (Believes laws are guidelines to protect us. Don't ask, don't tell. Get the job done well.)
Race: Human (Caucasian)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'-2" (188cm)
Weight: 200lb (91kg)(14stone-4lb)

Character re-conception including input (buffed powers section and both buffed and combined history/personality as the two are intricately connected).
It seems I tweaked everything but the roleplay sample.

Costume Description/Image:
Please see Character Image/Description, below.

Personality/History:
Wayne Johnson grew up in a “broken home.” He was raised by his mother, Wendy, and lived with his sister, Wanda, three years his junior. He remains glad to this day that he was not named after his father, Wallace. Wendy was way too busy working and home-making to spend a lot of time with the kids. They grew up in school and in baby-sitting until it was time to rush home for dinner and get ready for bed. Saturdays were mostly cleaning days, and on Sundays, mom needed her rest.

As Wendy was a military wife before divorcing when the kids were young, she spent very little time in one place. Things did not change much after the divorce. Wendy was ready to relocate at a moment’s notice, should the right job offer come along. She also felt the crunch of the “glass ceiling” in employment opportunities for women, and most of her roles were subservient rather than managerial. Wayne only saw this as doing whatever little one could in order to get the job done, without seeking for fame and fortune. This carries over into his heroic activities today, as he does what is right for the sake of making things right, and not to seek grandeur.

Because Wendy was busy, little sister Wanda was preoccupied with things girly, and Wayne felt uncomfortable fitting in when they moved, Wayne grew up mostly alone in his room with toys, T.V., and reading. Even the martial arts classes he took made him feel more against the other students than with them. Wayne grew up on science fiction, comic books, and old-time television reruns. In science fiction, things usually work out for the protagonist, in comic books, the good guys (usually) win, and on television, things are usually wrapped up in an hour or less. Because of these things, Wayne is naively optimistic. He generally believes things will work out for the best in the long run. He also believes there is always a solution.

Wayne worked a paper route on his bicycle while in high school, and a couple of fast food restaurants before finding the job at the lab as a janitor. The idea at the laboratory was to introduce highly temperature-resistant nanites into a liquid metallic environment using applied sound frequencies and Brownian motion so as to distribute them evenly. The nanites were to copy the properties of the substance to which the mixture was applied and to thus be able to repair surrounding matter if damaged by rust, stress, fracture, etc. The corollary idea was to use a Phosphorus (P)-nanite protective coating over Iron for manufacturing more efficient load-bearing members, among other applications. With its low (111ºf, 44ºc) liquid point, (P) is relatively easy to use, and with its biological role in life, it was thought to be very safe indeed with which to work. Then came Wayne. He came in contact with the (P)-nanite mix. The project was immediately shelved indefinitely for safety concerns. Wayne was fired at the workplace, and treated for mild shock and 1st degree burns, entrusted with a list of "things to look out for," and given a clean bill of health at the hospital.

Now Wayne is looking for a way to make ends meet since he’s had to move back to his mother’s house. He knows there is a way to make this turn out right. He is just beginning to discover his Tin Man abilities.

Powers:
Wayne can transform from his normal body to Tin Man or back again in an instant, and it typically takes mild conscious effort to do so. Tin Man is stronger and is much tougher than is Wayne. Tin Man can control metal from a distance (though Wayne cannot), and his ability decreases as the distance between Tin Man and the object increases. This control is in the form of levitation (EP as STR) or damage (EP as STR). At the closest range, he can lift/cause damage as if applying Superhuman strength (30-50 ton capacity).
Please assist with ranges at which the power drops off

Gadgets:
(none)

Power Grid:
WayneTin Man
INT:
3 (Above average)
STR:
3 (Olympian-level as Tin Man)
SPD:
2 (Above Average - 12-18 mph)
DUR:
5 (Moderate Superhuman as Tin Man)
EP:
1 (instant change Wayne/Tin Man)
EP:
5 (Metal control)
FS :
3 (Trained in martial arts for a short period of time)
Power Grid colours:
Black background, text in this color (#bfbfbf), Wayne boxes in this color (#ffbf9f), and Tin Man boxes in this color (#bfbfbf) (pretty please).

Character Image/Description:
Wayne Johnson has a square shaped face with an easy smile, optimistic glint in his blue eyes, clean-shaven face, and stylishly unruly brown hair reaching just above his collar. At 6'-2", 200lbs, and medium frame, he has the build and muscle tone of somebody who works out regularly. He usually wears casual clothing such as athletic shoes, denim pants, and t-shirt or hooded sweatshirt.

Tin Man has a similar facial structure, though he appears bald and his features are somewhat blurred (think Silver Surfer© with a square jaw). His metallic form is a dull silver-gray (or silver-grey, if you prefer). His clothing does not transform shape, but is incorporated into his Tin Man form, giving him the appearance of a human statue who forgot to stand still and pose.

Roleplay Sample:
Is there a better way to code paragraphs (with an indent, I hope) than by using an extra line?

Wayne was sitting in the coffee shop, using the wireless hot-spot to check his social media on his laptop, and finishing his drink. Just as he was logging off, he got a very intense waiting-for-the-other-shoe-to-drop sense of anticipation. He knew something big was about to happen.

At the chime of the front door, he looked up to see one of the most desirable-looking redheads with sparkling blue eyes he had ever hoped to see looking straight at him and smiling. He looked behind himself to be sure, found her just looking away when his gaze returned, and determined to meet her.

Wayne threw away his empty cup. He remembered to breathe. He approached the girl, and said, "I'm just about to order another, may I pay for yours as well?"

She replied, "Hi, my name is Megan. I won't let you buy me one, but if I see you here again, I might sit and have a drink with you."

"I'm Wayne," he began, "and that would be great." He felt certain he would see her here again soon, never once thinking she might be in town for only one day.

Megan ordered her drink to go. Wayne placed his order to go as well, hoping to follow her for a while.

Megan left with her drink, mesmerizing Wayne, and several other patrons, such was the hypnotic grace of her movement as viewed from behind while she left.

At the second call of his order, Wayne snapped out of the spell and got his drink. He then remembered his laptop and gave up on the idea of following Megan. Strangely, even though he felt elated at the possibility of enjoying her company sometime, the feeling of anticipation remained unchanged, as if the shoe had not yet dropped, and he was left wondering what might be coming his way.
NRG-XLR8R
NRG-XLR8R

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 6
Job : I haven't one. I am a disabled veteran.
Humor : Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew November 7th 2012, 3:53 am

approved Spidey
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top