The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_vote_lcapDominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_voting_barDominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_vote_lcapDominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_voting_barDominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) Empty Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed)

Post by Twinkletoes September 14th 2012, 11:28 pm

Chapter One - Agent Zero

Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) Dominu10

October 13th, 2027

I found "Agent Zero" behind the locked door of an abandoned house across town, the local authorities had reported that an unnamed woman had been sighted sprinting across a children's playground...completely drenched in blood. Intel stated she was 20 years old... roughly the same age as Lizzie, although thats a horrible comparison..Lizzie is not a monster. Dominus immediately addressed the reports, stating that the suspect was simply an escaped psychiatric patient and that she was now in their custody and that the local community had nothing to worry about. I wonder whether this was a skewed version of the truth, she was very much in their custody, simply entering the warehouse i was greeted by a whole squad of troopers armed to the teeth with the latest equipment but was she an escape Psychiatric patient? God no, this woman..even labelling her a woman makes my stomach churn, she was the cusp of Dominus' experiments, the best of the best of the best and yet the first moment i laid eyes on her all i felt was a macabre sense of dread and the nagging tug of sympathy.

Zero's wrists and feet were bound with plastic packing twine which was absolutely ridiculous because from what the reports have said...she could quite easily snap such minuscule bonds with a twitch of her wrists and then quite simply dispatch everyone in the room in a space of five seconds. However they had injected her with an extremely potent numbing agent, straight through the cornea and into her cranium so she was now reduced to a writhing and gurgling mess. She'd rubbed off the skin around her bonds, I looked over her wounds and there was no blood. There was also no blood on her other wounds, not on the gouges on her legs or arms, or from the large dry gap where her right thumb had been. She was writhing like an animal; a gag muffled her growls but did nothing to silence her gutteral moans of what i believe to be anger. She disliked me being in such a close proximity of her and i must admit I did not want to be anywhere near her either.

At first the troopers tried to hold me back. They warned me not to touch her, chat she was a "ticking time bomb" and that it would be best to wait for the boss to arrive. I shrugged them off and reached for my mask and gloves. The girls's skin was as cold and pale as the cement on which she lay. I could find neither her heartbeat nor her pulse. Her eyes were wild, wide and sunken back in their sockets but incredibly alert, every move i made she bore her deathly gaze into me. They remained locked on me like a predatory beast. Throughout the examination she was inexplicably hostile, reaching for me with her bound hands and snapping at me through her gag. Her movements were so violent I had to call for two of the largest agents to help me hold her down. Initially they wouldn't budge, practically cowering in the doorway like frightened children. I explained that there was no risk if they simply used gloves and masks and did exactly as i said. When they shook their heads, I made it an order, even though I had no lawful authority to do so. That was all it took. The two heaving brutes knelt beside me. One held the girl's feet while the other grasped her hands. I tried to take a blood sample and instead extracted only purple, viscous matter. As I was withdrawing the needle, the girl began another bout of violent struggling sending a particularly shrill air of fear throughout the room.

One of my "orderlies," the one responsible for her arms, gave up trying to hold them and thought it might safer if he just braced them against the floor with his knees. But the girl jerked again and I heard her left arm snap. Jagged ends of both radius and ulna bones stabbed through her pale milky flesh. Although the girl didn't cry out, didn't even seem to notice, it was enough for both assistants to leap back and run from the room.
I instinctively retreated several paces myself. I am embarrassed to admit this; I have been a doctor for most of my adult life. I was trained and . . . you could even say "raised" by Dominus' medic corps. I've treated more than my share of combat injuries, faced my own death on more than one occasion, and now I was scared, truly scared, of this frail woman.

The girl began to twist in my direction, her arm ripping completely free, an ungodly tearing noise bursting forth as she rejected her limb. Flesh and muscle tore from one another until there was nothing except the stump, the dripping lifeless remains of her once slender arm. Her now free right arm, still tied to the severed left hand, dragged her body across the floor. I hurried outside along with the several remaining troopers, locking the door behind me as I felt my stomach heave violently. I tried to compose myself, control my fear and shame. My voice still cracked as I asked the troopers how the girl had escaped. No one answered. I began to hear banging on the door, the girl's fist pounding weakly against the iron cladding. It was all I could do not to jump at the sound. I prayed they would not notice the color draining from my face. I shouted, as much from fear as frustration, that I had to know what happened to this woman.

What was her purpose?

Why did Dominus go to such extreme lengths to control everything the seemingly demure redhead does?

...Why was i so afraid of her?

(There we have it! The first diary entry of the yet to be named Dominus employee. The Dominus chronicles will be a lead up to the Purge arc which will be taking place sometime after the current reverse dimension arc. These short glimpses into the world of the metahuman hunting agency will provide short snippets of their workings before everything reaches its culmination during the arc. Stay tuned for Chapter 2 - 'Caging a swan' !!)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dominus Chronicles: Chapter one (Closed) Tumblr_m953irNOXB1rv240t
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Hard as diamonds, soft as silk

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top