The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_vote_lcapA Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_voting_barA Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) Empty A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters)

Post by Cornelius Caster August 31st 2012, 11:54 pm

A sleek television, propped in a storefront window of a local electronics and hardware store blared the most recent news of the havoc caused by the invaders. People of all nations and creeds huddled with hearts pounding, witnessing the start of something quite terrible. Some stood pale-faced with mouths open in horror as the horrid news streamed live, this so called Holocaust had waged war against earth and news of it had quickly spread like a disease across the worlds media. This was front page stuff, another metahuman bent on world wide destruction? Why New York was just recovering from Doctor Necrodium's attack, it was almost as if fate herself, with her cruel gaze deemed it appropriate to fiddle with the lives of humanity. This never-ending assault on those who remained defenseless in such times was both saddening as it was hopeless...what man could ever stand against such reckless abandon?

So the grand trumpet of war has resounded across the heavens

The eldest member of the crowd mused, stroking his fine white facial hair as he gazed at the screen, witnessing the rise of this new tyrant. This silver haired gentleman, who was seasoned from wars and battles long ended and who was learned in the ways of the human mind stood still, leaning against his cane as he silently absorbed what the preppy news reporter was saying. Unlike the worried crowd around him he retained a startling level of calm, not batting an eyelid at the crazed teenager who threatened to burn the world. He had seen it all before; Stalin, Hitler and Osama just to name a few and the public rantings of a metahuman child were quite frankly amusing to the suited gentleman. With evil there was always good, 'good' was ceaseless; a valiant warrior in the face of depravity and he knew for a fact that good would prevail, no question about it.

A small child next to him flicked her brunette head to her left and right, she appeared extremely bored with standing in front of the storefront window and sneakily chose to rummage her way through a woman's purse in front of her. She searched the contents of the leather satchel with curious gaze, cocking her head to the side as her fingers passed over a variety of strange and shiny objects. A quick frown from the dapper fellow immediately told the young girl that she was crossing the line and with an exaggerated huff and rolling of the eyes she returned an expensive looking phone bag inside the purse.

Noticing that his much younger friend was growing restless he gazed to his left, looking for an easily acessible way to get out of the small crowd. Shifting his weight off the tanned cane he took a gallant stride to his left, gently shuffling his way through the growing crowd of pedestrians, the girl payed no heed to his slower movements and quickly scampered through the crowd with impressive ease.. He did not not care for anymore information on the current horror that was happening in New York. He had returned from his 10 year holiday to visit his family, not fret over the futile attempts of an angry metahuman child. Pushing past the last commuter with a gentle tap on the back the elderly man began his ascent up the hill, the child scampering ahead of him with a content grin on her face, her soiled barefeet slapped against the cold concrete as she bounded ahead of him. Cars sped past the two, their blaring horns and screeching engines providing an ugly chorus for the sagely man and a whirring distraction for the young girl. The drivers ignored all road rules to escape the peak hour traffic, aiming to come home and comfort their families after receiving the news of the attack on New York city. Taking a heaving sigh he continued his walk up the stained grey pavement, paying no heed to the bustling crowds and speeding cars... crowds were but a warm reminder that he had returned home.

The sky was a deep set indigo, splashed with a vibrant orange red as the sun dipped it's glowing face under the horizon. Soon the silvery tendrils of the moon would light the way for the Los Angeles locals an hopefully guide the elderly man home, not that there was anything to worry about. He was a member of the Caster family, one of the four illustrious Magical clans, and possibly one of the most powerful as well...not that he really cared. Power was but a subjective ideal, there was power in humility as there is in violence and the elderly man always chose the former, believing it to be more fulfilling. He could not however escape the glaring truth about his power within the magical world. He had access to the Twilight force, the essence that existed between light and darkness and it only made sense that a man who possesses such a rare gift was highly regarded by his peers.

The soft autumn breeze whispered through the city, muttering incoherent songs of nature as it made it's final flight across the coastal area. The wind brought a sense of nostalgia to the man, the sights, smells and nature of the city blossomed ancient memories that were once buried beneah his ever thinking mind. The lights of the city erupted into a warm yellow glow, setting the concrete jungle into an electrical haze of unnatural lights and sounds. He was close, the mansion scoured the edges of the packed city, it's exclusive area only accessible to those capable of understanding it's ancient lore and secrets. They offered to pick him up, send a limousine alongside some vintage bubbly, but he refused, choosing to take the walk through the town he had left all those years ago. This was merely a warm up before he returned to the arms of his family and he was certain that the child should expend all of her energy before causing mischief in the mansion...hopefully age would fall asleep before she could do anything remotely questionable.

He cared not for their wealth, their power or the vain luxuries they clawed at...no he simply cared for them because they were his kin, his dearly beloved clan of magical misfits, not that they would accept such a 'degrading' title.

The white stone walls of the family mansion loomed beside the shadow of an elegant oak tree, it's elegant form and wrinkles telling the world of it's importance. The girl, noticing it's many branches, quickly scampered up it's grey figure, climbing up the grand tree like a forest animal, giggling as she did so. Laying a hand on the grand tree, the man could do nothing but smile, the tree was but a meek little sapling when he was just a child, now it could claim that it too was as grand as he was. "Good to see you, old friend..", he whispered at it's looming turn. His voice oozed a thick, deep and rich melody that matched the gravitas of an age old god, like a vintage wine his voice cascaded across the atmosphere around him. This quiet moment of contemplation finally ended when the quick steps of someone trotted near him, the gatekeeper had noticed the elderly man's presence.

"Sir, what is your business here?", the man spoke with muted curiosity, keeping a safe distance away from the dapper gentleman by the tree as he glanced at the small child who was hanging upside down on one of Oak's great grey arms .

"Does a man need to have business within his own home or is he not allowed to marvel at its history?", this question had the gatekeeper scratching his head, not knowing what to say at such an obscure comment. Realizing his little anecdote was handed to someone obviously exhausted from their day job he gave him a big grin, "Pay no heed to that. Just tell the occupants that Cornelius Caster has returned.", he spoke with a cocked eyebrow. It only took a second for the fumbling man to realize the position he was in and he immediately scuttled away in embarrassment, not daring to turn and face the elderly man. The casters would soon hear that their guest had arrived.

Cornelius Caster had returned..

Last edited by Cornelius Caster on September 3rd 2012, 3:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Back to top Go down

A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) Empty Re: A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters)

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 1st 2012, 7:22 pm

The room hung in suspended silence as only the sound of a single air conditioning vent hummed. Anthony silently muttered something in an ancient language as he sat in the midst of a large auditorium cross legged. This was his alone time, the time he meditated on higher things. Since he was young he was taught to do this as if it would grant him a higher plane of being or something. Finally become one with the soul stream that was the source of all magic on this plane of existence. Possibly even increase his already massive store of magical energy, one that had only grown with age.

He was dressed casually for the occasion. In a simple white muscle shirt, gray pajama pants and ankle cut socks. Hair cut into a neat style that was easy to manage but still attractive. His pink lips were pressed into a thin line as the shadows around him began to write and form into a single serpent that slithered up his back as it let a single tongue flick out. The shadows had a mind of their own and he simply moved them accordingly. It perched upon his shoulder with its body trailing down his back as if a parrot or something before slinking back into his shadow.

He was alone an enjoying the quiet time he was allotted before he would be interrupted by someone. It was likely that he would, considering that it always happened before he could reach any sort of zen. His hands were pressed together in a sort of prayer position in front of his chest as he felt the energy flowing through him like a river within his very core. His eyes began to form a ring of dark purple around them, though it wasn’t visible through his closed lids.

Anthony let a deep breath through his lips as he for a second swore he felt a massive sourced of energy he did not recognize nearing the manor. It was equal if not greater than his and that worried him. His father was already deep within the manor doing whatever it was that busied him but who could it be. He did not recognize this feeling and it worried the Heir greatly. A single sensation of cold went up his back as his eyes now back to their green color snapped open. His body was beginning to break out in a cold sweat.

”This is not a good thing.” He muttered chewing on his lower lip lightly. In the span of a few minutes one of the mansions’ workers stepped slowly stepped through the entrance door,as his shadow extended into a serpent and quickly wrapped around his neck,its fangs only a few inches from piercing his neck. Anthony turned to him with a neutral expression. ”Please tell me you have a good reason for interrupting my meditation. I will not hesitate to put you down.” His voice was cold as ice. The guy would have gulped if his throat were not so close to being punctured.

“Theres a man at the front door who claims to be a member of the Caster family.” He said meekly. The serpent retreated from his neck and back into Anthony's shadow. He raise an eyebrow as the man explained it..

”I want you to direct him here. Do not dawdle or I’ll make sure you regret not being faster.”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) Empty Re: A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters)

Post by Cornelius Caster September 2nd 2012, 10:29 pm

A few minutes of wandering around the edges of the property, tasting the familiar sights and smells of the house that was once his was soon interrupted by the very same gatekeeper, who had returned considerably more pale and fidgety, a cold sweat obvious on his frightened exterior. Cornelius allowed the shivering fellow to approach him, someone was obviously calling the shots within the house and the elderly gentleman was sure that whoever had sent the gatekeeper outside was more than just bossy...they were powerful. Men only show fear when they face the unknown, the horrid notion of the sublime where they cannot do anything to escape its crushing grip.

"Sir, you and your..um..friend have been ordered to come inside by the patron of this property..", the man stammered, jerking his head over to the child who was now tip toeing on top of the marble gate. Cornelius slowly nodded his head, brushing his hand against his beard as he motioned for the child to get off, he did not want the poor gatekeeper to experience a heart attack from someone easily breaching the Caster family's outer walls. the girl crossed her arms and scowled, her small slender brow creasing as she lithely hopped off the heavy white walls.

"I see...well lead the way sir," he grinned, swivelling on his heel as tapped his cane forward. The man still unsure about the strange duo that was the elderly man and his energetic child friend instantly scrambled to open the gate and usher them across the recently cleaned pavement that led to the well lit entrance to the grand mansion. Cornelius gazed around the outer courtyard, making sure that the girl would not hurt herself as she hopped onto the edge of the fountain, expertly hopping into its concrete facade with the tips of her pink toes.

"Dépèche toi!," she squeaked, clapping her hands once as she twirled on the balls of her feet. dashing ahead of the two men as she scuttled across the emerald green grass...the green grass which had a 'do not walk' sign on it. The gatekeeper however looked too exasperated to deal with the hyperactive child and simply dropped his shoulders, defeated from his lack of success at his job. Eventually the pale faced man had directed them to a side door, avoiding the main entrance because "Ms caster would not appreciate dirty footprints in her foyer", he was obviously referring the young girl's lack of footwear.

Ushering the sagely man and his excitable accomplice through the small wooden doorway the gatekeeper immediately forced them through the grand interior, not stopping to show them around or give them the 'grand tour'. Cornelius was however very familiar with the mansion's interior and the countless wall features, artefacts and million dollar embroidery had him grinning like a child; he was simply reliving his youth. The girl stood close to cornelius, lolling her head around her as she tried her best to take in the wonderful sights and smells of the grand interior, her mouth open in a wide 'O' as she passed fine objects she could only dream of snatching.

It wasn't long before the duo were brought into a small room, a casually dressed teenage boy stood still, arms crossed as with a troubled expression on his young face. "Sir, here they are.." the gatekeeper said, bowing his head as he quickly spun on his heel and rushed out of the room, not bothering to farewell the elderly man or the fidgety girl. The young man was obviously not pleased with something, most likely the arrival of Cornelius and his accomplice; the dark, tense atmosphere of the room told the silvery haired gentleman that this boy was troubled. This boy he had seen 10 years ago, same blonde hair and blue eyes...just considerably more masculine and learned in the caster's magic. The dark aura was impressive but a mere rain drop against the constant tidal wave that surrounded the sagely man.

"I would not have thought that you would be the first person I would meet," Cornelius gently spoke, gazing at the strange interior of the room, it must've been a new addition to the house, "I don't know if you remember who I am..but I am your Great Grand uncle Cornelius and this is my friend Amélie...let's just say she's your cousin.." he chuckled, grinning at the girl who was now making faces at the stoney faced teenager.

"It's been too long.."

Last edited by Cornelius Caster on September 3rd 2012, 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 2nd 2012, 10:53 pm

Something clicked within his mind as the man spoke, dredging up an image he was sure that he had forgotten. He had seen this man’s face before but it was so long ago, when his mother was still alive. He could remember him being well received by her but not by his father, who barely even gave him the time of day. It was as if he had something against the old man. Who’s power was at an inconceivable level. They may be capable of the same output but in the long run the man had a larger store of magical energy than the heir did. In fact he was a major threat if he ever decided to simply attack him here and there.

There was the matter of that strange girl with him but she didn’t really matter to him, considering she radiated no magical energy of her own. Anthony could safely ignore her for the time being,until she proved herself more than a simple girl. His face was kept in an impassive mask as he stood in front of the two with hands behind his back. He was claiming to be his great uncle,which made sense due to his age and appearance. Casters tended to age slower than your average human based upon the fae blood within their bodies. If Anthony were luckily, he could live up to two hundred years without adversely being affected by age.

”Well it’s a pleasure Uncle.” Anthony said in his business tone forgoing the add on’s to the title and simply calling him Uncle. He already had ignored the young girl and was focused on the powerful man in front of him, the one who matched his father if not exceeded him. He turned on the heel of his foot and stepped backwards what seemed like a foot before turning back to them. ”I assume you would like to move this out of here. Its so….dull.” He said trying to think of the correct word.

Anthony stepped around the two and motioned for them to follow him with a semi-cordial motion. He was aiming to lead them to the grand dining room with its large table,though he was sure that it would have been set for the three of them and possibly any of the other Casters who lived in the household. All that Anthony knew of that were home were his father and Lucas.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 2nd 2012, 11:34 pm

Anthony was considerably much more stoic then how Cornelius remembered him to be. He was always a quiet child but now it seemed all emotion had been stripped away leaving behind the pale, grey shadow that was so familiar to Nolan Caster. Like father, like son he thought to himself, furrowing his brow for a brief moment as he slowly followed the blonde haired boy across the grand hall. Amélie quickly followed with a cheeky giggle, bouncing from once side of the hallway to the other, staring wide eyed at a whole array of shiny objects and beautiful paintings. A maid, who had just come out of a cleaning closet let out a shocked gasp at the rambunctious barefooted girl who was darted across the scarlet carpet, dirt stains following her every movement. The child would have been yanked off the carpet and thrown out of the house were it not for Cornelius who hastily grabbed her hand and gave the suspicious maid a polite nod.

Eventually they reached the grand dining room, a large Renaissance painting adorning the west wall of the room, lighting the interior up with a overly classy energy. Several maids rushed in and out of the room, propping cutlery and plates onto the table, not daring to look their young master in the eye. "..things certainly have changed around here.." he murmured, noting the air of fear the workers of the mansion had for the boy. Unlike Anthony, Cornelius would eagerly engage with the housekeepers when he was a child, making great and memorable friendships with the maids and butlers who showered him with love.

Amélie scampered ahead of the duo, crawling underneath the elegant oak table whilst letting out squeal of delight as she dashed through a maid's legs, not forgetting to poke her tongue out as she did so. Cornelius knew such behaviour was uncommon in this particular household so he began speaking, hoping that the conversation would detract from the energetic French girl. "I assume your recollections of me are vague at best but I assume you have grown accustomed to caster magic since my last visit..", he stated, allowing a balding butler to pull a chair out for him to sit.

This conversation by all definitions was awkward, which is quite hard to believe since he was 'conversing' with a teenager. They should be having a lively catch-up, reminiscing about the old times and yet the elderly man knew that something so simple would go ignored by the young Caster. Socialising was but a meagre distraction to the Casters and great grand uncle of one of current heir to the household hoped that something relatively interesting would occur from their conversation...

Last edited by Cornelius Caster on September 3rd 2012, 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 3rd 2012, 2:52 am

The maids were scurrying about as they worked on making sure that the guest were well taken care of, as per the order of their heavy handed master. Nolan left most of the house discipline to Anthony and it was severe if they disobeyed. Anthony did not deal with failure very well and they all knew of it. While he was sure that his Uncle was far more jovial with his dealings and would have rather have made friendships with the house hands, Anthony simply saw no point in friendships with anyone; especially the hired help. They were never the best friends really. So he instead made them fear him and any repercussions that disobeying him would bring.

They reached the dining hall with properly stocked table, Japanese delicacies all placed neatly on the table. It was even placed to specifications if not better. Anthony would have to make sure the cook was given a slight raise, if only because his sushi was….divine. The cooking staff was the only staff that Anthony showed the least bit of slack upon and it was for the sole fact that they were responsible for keeping him nourished and with his training he needed competent chefs. Can’t go around firing every chef that displeases you can you?

”You are correct in your assumptions.” Anthony said folding his hands as he looked at the old man directly in the eyes. ”My skills in the arts of Caster magics has improved immensely since the last time that we have had the…pleasure to meet.” Anthony said as he picked up a silver fork and pulled a small piece of fish into his mouth,chewing gingerly on it as the flavor exploded across his tongue. It seemed as if only the cooks could do anything correctly. If only they could do the missions he assigned like how they prepared food.

So what brings you to our humble estate? I have a feeling its more than to make a simple house call.” Anthony said swallowing the food, making sure the question was straight to the point.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 3rd 2012, 3:43 am

Finely cut sashimi, freshly marinated sweet Ginger and a whole assortment of colorful sushi decorated the table top emitting a fresh sea breeze of oriental flavours and scents. Cornelius couldn't help but laugh at the well prepared meal, such extravagance was so typical of the Caster's that anything else would have been sub-par at best. Amèlie had by now found her place to her own seat, perched on the very edge as she eagerly filled her little platter with the most vibrant food that was on offer, she did not even wait for the other two to start and immediately stuffed her face with the various morsels. Her manners may have been lackin but when it came to food she was easy to please; her harsh upbringing as a child who scavenged for food being the major reason for such gluttonous behaviour. Cornelius however, was too preoccupied with his own platter to take any real notice of his much younger accomplice's less than stellar table manners.

He expertly clasped the japanese morsels between the grip of his chopsticks, propping some avocado and salmon sushi into his mouth straight after dunking into the soy sauce. The subtle textures and flavours rebounded off one another like fireworks and he eagerly downed two more before taking a quick break to converse with the gloomy teenager. He was surprisingly straight to the point, not caring to divulge the conversation any further with petty subjects. His question hung in the air and the room became considerably more quiet as the workers scuttled away to attend to other chores. The only sound that broke the uncomfortable atmosphere was Amèlie's loud chewing, she cared not for the conversation, mainly because she could not understand proper English but also because food was the main priority. She was humming lightly, the sweet melody of a gypsy lullaby playing on the tip of her tongue as she eagerly swallowed some more sashimi.

Clearing his throat and patting his lips with a serviette Cornelius clasped his hands in front of him catching the impenetrable gaze of his nephew as he began to speak. "Yes, my visit is more than just to catch up with my dearly beloved,", he said rather gruffly nodding his head as he slowly continued, "Something has disturbed the magical realm. I can't say what it is or pinpoint it's specific location but a deathly aura has silently etched it's way into society...and I fear that it may be too late to halt it's growing power", he uttered, stroking his beard as he furrowed his brow staring out of an arched window, the faint silvery arms of moonlight sneaking through the polished glass like ghostly limbs scraping their way into the Caster household. "But worry not, I shall converse with your father and the other heads of the magical families." he smiled, waving his hand in the air as if he were shooing away the seriousness from his previous comment.

What he said was true, something unfamiliar, something alien ha breached the fabric of life and death and was now lurking amongst the constantly shifting scales of society. He knew or a fact that this 'Holocaust' from the alternate dimension was not this secret threat, this mysterious horror conjured a sliver of dread in the pit of his stomach and he needed to discover who or what was causing this...

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 3rd 2012, 1:39 pm

Anthony listened to what the man said with half interest as he took another morsel of the food into his mouth and chewed it before swallowing. Apparently something was stirring and it was more powerful than the man who claimed to have destroyed the world, though the Caster’s gave the man known as Holocaust no attention as well as his gaping portal. If they wanted to it would have been closed already, but they saw no immediate threat in it like some of the other families did, seeing as something like that could not possibly affect the implacable soul stream. It had served them through many crises that was said to have altered it but it remained the same.

” A deathly aura you say.” Anthony mused chewing gingerly on a roll of sushi as he let the idea roll around in his mind for a second, as it processed the variable with intensity. He ignored the loudly chewing girl who seemed to have no understanding of manner, though he doubted she could even speak English. This gave him no problem considering his extensive knowledge of languages, though he wouldn’t threaten the child in front of her powerful guardian. Of course the man planned to converse this with the head of the other families while he was likely to be on the sidelines as always.

Anthony was a perfectly capable heir, not some child that was simply there to watch. His father never seemed to give him any credit nor did he appraise his skills for what they were worth. The man treated him like a child and nothing more than that. It was likely that his father knew of this threat but that was not a definite fact of course. He wasn’t even sure if his father would wake from his deep meditation to give this man the time of day. He was always too busy for even his own son, which meant he wouldn’t give this man the time of day.

”I guess the heads will have to be called but I’m not sure how soon all of them can be called together. They all have their own agendas to attend to and usually can't be contacted but the most difficult will be the Thames head.” Anthony said simply looking from the old man to the young girl who was still devouring the food like a rabid dog.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 4th 2012, 12:50 am

"oh I'm sure I can convince the them to organize something...they cannot go on ignoring something such as this. As much as it would pain them to disconnect themselves from their daily habits this unfortunately takes precedence..", Cornelius said, leaning back against the chair as he pinched his lower lip between his pointer and thumb. Although the magical families all adhered to different codes of conduct their was one single factor the united them other their proficiency in the mystical arts..and that was their stubbornness. Anthony was right about them having their own agendas, more than half those agendas however are minuscule in comparison to the current threat that slinked it's way around the corners of humankind.

Amèlie was having the time of her life, gorging herself on the Japanese morsels like it was the first thing she had eaten in months. The workers of the mansion must've though Cornelius a cruel man, why was this child so hungry? Had he not fed her this morning? These well intentioned inquisitions were false however, the little French girl had helped herself to a large croissant and a double serving of ice cream before they came here...it was quite a feat considering she had such a tiny body. The silver haired sexagenarian sat with hands clasped together, watching the wide eyed brunette minor stuff her face with some caviar. She's is definitely going to sleep well tonight he thought to himself, marveling at how innocent the child was. Here he was discussing matters beyond the physical with his morbid nephew and she took no care in the matter, what a joy it must be to be young. A blissful state of naivety all but lost on Anthony he reflected, noting the sheer difference between the two younsters sitting at the table.

"I must ask, how is your family? Your step mother is good I trust," he asked, a warm grin creasing the silvery beard around his lips, "ah, and I must inquire...is the northern library still here? Because if so I would most appreciate it if I could see it", he said, propping his cane next to the table, the head leaning against the flat mahogany surface.

The library was by all accounts his most cherished room of the Caster mansion. There was more than just the bountiful items of literature on display, there was an atmosphere...he was shaped by the teachings of the words found in that room. Lao Tzu, Aristotle and Plato all became good friends during his reading time as a young man and he hoped that the current occupants of the house had not tarnished his favourite space. There was also the secret room within the library, not many knew about it...he wash even sure if the blonde haired heir to the family even knew about it. It was more than just a hidin place that him and his siblings abused...it was a training ground, where all manner of helpful magical item could assist in the evolution of their abilities. Hopefully the room still existed, Anthony and his cousins may appreciate it.

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 4th 2012, 8:15 pm

It seemed that his little companion was enjoying the food more than the rest of them as if she had not eaten in what seemed like weeks. Anthony was internally curious of this but it could possibly be due to a large store of magic or her being a potentially powerful mage, seeing as a large amount of exertion can lead to an increased appetite. With his plate now empty, Anthony pushed it to the side and rested his chin on the back of his two hands. As he thought over the possibility of even gathering the heads beneath one roof which was harder than one would imagine it to be.

True the Hale and Thiel’s head would be easy enough to call to attention, considering that they always traveled together. Love only made them easier to track really, though Margaret Thames was a difficult woman to track given her ability to stay hidden until she was truly needed. While his father was readily available, so that only meant that the Thames’s would be the hardest to find really. Not that he couldn’t find her with the right amount of searching of course but that would require some work on his part. Not that Anthony was against it of course.

”We are doing well as of late. My step-mother is busy doing her business and so is my father, so they are keeping themselves busy these days. So that leaves me in charge of the estate mostly, though my cousin Lucas does visit occasionally and even stay when it suits him.” He was unsure if the man remembered Lucas, seeing as he was a hard person to forget once you met him, though Anthony didn’t really consider his cousins anything but hindrances’ who thought themselves entitled to his birthright. There was of course no way that he would allow them to take it.

”I can make the call now if you want. The Hale and Thiels heads are easy enough to track down.” Anthony said simply motioning as the waiters went to fetch dessert, which he had specially made not too long ago. It was proper etiquette to spoil your guests, even if you were not the best when dealing with people.

"As for the library,its still there." he said almost as an after thought.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster September 6th 2012, 7:01 pm

"Ah! Lucas, yes of course I remember him. Such a spritely young fellow from what I remember ", the elderly man gleamed, baring his pearly whites as he remembered the various other young Casters. It was a nice reminder, all of these youngsters, that his role was now not to lead or fight but to teach instead, he would guide these younger members when necessary and provide them with the most ridiculous riddles and fanciful fables. Lucas was the child that adored the bearded fellow's well intentioned silliness when he was around, an unlike his brooding, more ghastly cousin Lucas retained some level of humanity that shone throughout the Caster family. "Well I do hope Lucas and I have the pleasure of each other's company soon enough", he mused, glancing at the art decor that blemished the interior with it's paisley designs and cream white patterns.

The change in atmosphere was made all the more better once the dessert was served. Finely dressed waiters, as rigid and sleek as a penguin, marched in clasping silver platters adorned with the most exquisite desserts one could ever hope for. Upon realising that there was now a selection of the more sweeter variety Amélie bounced on her chair, clapping her little hands as her excitable features bobbed up and down. "Magnifique!", she would croon, gazing wistfully at the food on offer. Creamy white pastries topped with powdered sugar were the centerpiece, the delicate morsels were topped of with a generous serving of the finest fruits as well. Fluffy red gelato, as soft and smooth as the finest silk also presented itself towards those seated and the youngest occupant clapped her hands in glee as she dug in, all memory of the Japanese banquet she just devoured all but lost in the blissful tastes and smells that the third course had to offer.

Cornelius grinned, her antics were quite amusing to the elderly gentleman even if they were disregarded by everyone else. Turning his attention to the blonde haired heir he slowly nodded his head, "Contacting them all would be most helpful and no need to worry about the Thiels..I can personally visit them", he said in a rather matter-of-fact voice, brushing hinlips with a sleek white serviette. Dessert looked gorgeous an it smelt devine, but the man, who unfortunately had high cholestoral levels, was advised against eating such things so he immediately thought of an alternative rather than watch the young girl engorge herself on sugar.

"Well it seems that Amélie is the only one brave enough to approach dessert...I was wondering, would it be okay if visit the library, there is something I would like to check on," he asked, pondering the condition the training room must of been left in as he stroked his grand beard..

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds September 10th 2012, 9:11 pm

”Yes,very…..spritley.” Anthony said not skipping a beat as the servants came with a bountiful dessert. It was no secret that Lucas was in a somewhat greater favor with his father, if only for the fact that he wasn’t prone to screw ups. While Anthony was only getting sloppier in his work and that did not reflect good upon Nolan Caster whom was very conscious about his self image. Which lead to less than wholesome bonding moments with a rod and his torso; his ribs were still sore from the multiple breaks that had to be healed. Nolan was intelligent enough to keep himself from killing the young heir. He was more intelligent than he liked to put on at any rate.

”Well look who it is,Uncle Cornelius in the flesh.” A somewhat chipper tone chimed in as what seemed like a semi attractive man with well kept blonde hair and enigmatic blue eyes walked into the room. His smile was almost disarming if you could look past his many personality flaws. He was dressed in simple jeans and a white v-neck. This was common for him to wear, even when dealing with Caster family business, unless of course if it was of the highest importance. He was the man known as Nolan Caster and a man to be feared.

He took a seat and picked himself out one of the many treats and took a bite. The help seemed to have calmed down considerably, tension not as thick as it once was. Nolan was strangely kind to his help, seeing as they at least did their jobs correctly. ”So I’ve heard that Elena’s son is the new head of the Thiels,not that I’m very surprised by that. I always knew that the boy was destined for great things, especially after all he’s been through and that old witch Elena is active even after death.” Nolan said finishing off his pastry and wiping away powdered sugar from his fingertips.

”Father,he was just asking to see the library.” Anthony interjected raising an eyebrow as Nolan shot him a quick gaze that caused him to stop whatever he was thinking of saying next.

”I suppose we can lead the way, after I finish this dessert of course.” His father was being surprisingly happy today and that did not sit well with Anthony. ”And from what I’ve heard,the young heiress Theresa Thames has disappeared. It’s a mystery and the family is going crazy trying to find out what has happened with her.” He added that bit in, something he had heard from special sources.

Last edited by Anthony Caster on November 1st 2012, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 23rd 2012, 12:02 am

Her stay with her new found family was easier than she thought. The sun was just barely winking through dark red curtains, kissing her lightly tanned face. She squinted passed the light and pulled the blankets around of her head to keep the sun away from her. The silk sheets, thick down stuffed blanket, and feathered pillows were wonderful. She stretched beneath the blanket and because of her feet, the blankets were tugged down, making the sun pierce her closed lids, burning from how bright it was. She groaned and rolled away from the window, but so hard that she tumbled out of bed. The door to her room was ripped open by a guard and he stammered and blushed before scrambling out the door. "What's going on in here.. OH! I- I.. Madam! I-.. Sorry!" The door closed behind of him heavily and she had to laugh lightly before peeling herself out of the mess of bed sheets. She may not be accustomed to the house keeping here, but she made her bed just to be polite. She had been given a set of pajamas, too.

She adjusted her hair, pushing it back over her shoulders so the long silver tresses cascaded down her back. The beautiful mane shifted as she walked to the adjoined bathroom where a proper outfit would be laid out for her. She was given a dress to wear. She narrowed her eyes on that one. She was a girl, but whoever picked this out needed a smack. She clenched her fist slightly and slipped herself into the sun dress. The baby blue looked good with her complexion, and even better with her bright silver irises. There were a simple pair of ballerina flats as well, her combat boots also present. She huffed and slid on the flats, seeing as she wasn't in a hurry to leave the Caster manor. She smelled good food, and that made her hungry. Almost as if on cue, a lunch tray was brought to her room by a sweet maid.

"Here you go, Madam," she said, bringing it a smaller desk table. She laid the tray down and lifted the lid. It was some kind of lobster tail. The smell made her stomach crave it. She bit the inside of her left cheek, her watering mouth almost tasting the good smells. "Call me Skyler.. heh." she said just before the maid left. The door was closed behind of the maid. Skyler made her way to the tray and sat down slowly, eyeing the meal. It was lunch time, and after she was going to head to the library. She hadn't had the chance to read in a while, and there might be some kind of information on the Caster family there. She ate slowly, and enjoyed every bite, the split in the curtains giving her a good view to a very old tree with a few mating couples of birds.

When she finished, she stepped out of the bedroom and into the large hall. "Excuse me," she started, her manners always getting the better half of her; especially when she was a guest, despite it being her blood lines home. "Yes madam Caster?" the same guard from earlier asked. "The way to the library?" she asked, moving a bit of hair from her face. Her nose ring caught a glint of sunlight from the window through the open door to her room. He pointed her down the hall and gave her a proper direction. She wandered until she found it and then started to bury herself in a the many books she found interesting, especially the few that spoke of The Great Magic Clans. It was a heavy book, but she sat on a couch in a relaxed fashion, the book propped on her thighs, a throw blanket tossed over her lap while she read. She had read all the way through dinner, and was told it was ready, but decided against eating. She'd manage to get something later in the evening, she was reading up on her family history, and even found a small snippet about her birth mother. She was quite the woman.

-My DeviantArt-
A Reunion of sorts (Closed to the Casters) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelius Caster October 28th 2012, 9:25 am

The arrival of Nolan could not have been anymore peculiar, it was rare for his middle aged nephew to even leave his work for his family let alone his extended and somewhat excommunicated uncle. The elderly gentleman's lips curled up into a polite smile, his nephew was suprisingly, and somewhat suspiciously, in a good mood today and his entrance could not have been any more out of the blue than it already was. Clearing his throat Cornelius looked over at the current leader of the Caster family all the while picking at a piece of breadcumbs at the edge of his ornate silver plate, "Oh Nolan! You have not aged a day since I last saw you" , Cornelius said cheerily, his deep jovial voice spreading across the divine banquet hall making it appear as if some grand supernatural deity was speaking in his place. This cheeriness was slightly exaggerated, the mention of Elena Marie was quite the painful subject, he had not spoken to his gifted student in years...and hearing of her death and 'resurrection' was highly shocking as it was sinister. There was no question that he would have to pay the woman a visit..

"Ah yes, I also heard of such news...hopefully her children are okay..", he mumbled whilst stroking his beard, it seemed that the very foundations of the magical families were being broken down individually and without reason. He must inquire about such strange happenings but today was not the day to worry, he aimed for nostalgia not anxiousness...and a trip to the library was sure to fulfill such urge

Patting his coat sleaves gently Cornelius watched as his much younger accomplice scarfed down her fourth serving of créme brûlée, completely unaware of the men around her. Amélie smacked her lips together, pleased with her progress that night and although Cornelius gave her a gentle grin he knew full well that she was going to feel sick later that night, something he was almost certain to clean up. Such things however did not trouble the silvery haired pensioner and the mere sight of someone so young and vibrant enjoying themeselvea made him happier. Unlike Anthony, Amélie retained her soul and innocent outlook on the world...his bleak grand nephew had unfortunately been dragged into family politics much too early in his life and the graceful gentleman lightly sighed, troubles with his grand nephew's stark future.

"Well I must thank you for allowing me access to th library, my manuscripts are in much need of some love so you have my upmost gratitude for allowing an old man return to his roots", Cornelius chuckled, swivelling the mahogany chair backwards as he waited for his younger family members to lead the way.

Cornelius Wendell Caster

Cornelius Caster
Cornelius Caster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds November 16th 2012, 4:16 pm

”You’re not looking bad yourself Cornelius!” Nolan Caster said in what would seem like a friendly tone, a smirk forming along his light pink lips. If anything, something was strange about the head of the Caster family this day and possibly that could be noted as his unusual friendliness. Something about it even threw Anthony off track for a second, though his mask did not waver. His serious green eyes moved from Nolan, to the girl and then to his great uncle. Whatever his plan was with this, he wanted to know but it wasn’t like his father to reveal anything before he thought it was time.

”Of course Cornelius, I would never dream of trying to bar you from the library.” Nolan said offering to lead them to the grand library, one that held an untold amount of magical knowledge. This was the more important part of the household, next to the vault used to store ancient and powerful artifacts held by the family. Nolan motioned for all of them to follow as he lead them down one of the long hallways that went through the house like veins, openings opening occasionally to more hallways. Anyone not acquainted with the home was likely to get lost, thus making stealing near impossible for anyone not acquainted with the house really.

It took around five minutes but they came to what looked like a large wooden door that opened with a simple push from Nolan and lead into the large library. Shelves of books lined the walls and took up most of the immense room, smell of old parchment permeating the place. ”Enjoy browsing.” Nolan said quizzically. ”Maybe you’ll meet the new addition to the family.”
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top