The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_vote_lcapGentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_voting_barGentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief Empty The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief

Post by Troglodyte April 29th 2012, 4:28 am

CHARACTER NAME
CHARACTER TITLE OR QUOTE

Basic Biography

Alias Name: Manfred Gentle
Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: The blueblooded Gentleman Thief
Title: Well, he is a Baron
Alignment: Neutral evil
Race: metahuman
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: green
Height: 6'2
Weight: 180
Blood type:

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He usually wears a stylish ensamble of high-quality, if somewhat archaic clothes wich he believes is fitting to a man of his stature with the addition of a cape, mostly because it fits with his supervillain-status, plus he likes the way it flutters and swishes dramatically when he moves. With the ensamble he usually carries either a cane or an umbrella. A pair of thin leather gloves are also mandatory, but mostly to avoid finger-prints rather than a choice of style

Manfred Gentle is a rather soft-faced with a somewhat puffy face, draped by impressive brownish black locks usually meticulously combed and managed

The Legacy

Personality:
Manfred Gentle is an arrogant man, convinced in his own superiority due to his aristocratic heritage. He exhibits a very traditionalist, almost midevial mindset when it comes to the social orders. They common people should keep their heads down and go about their buisness quietly, not questioning the affairs of their social 'betters' Wich in Manfreds world of course means  the Aristocrats of old, rather than the current "self-made" upperclass, whom Manfred considers to be even less impressive than the "uppity" commoners, since he considers them ursurpers and social climbers that aspires to a position not meant for their sort, thus making them the primary targets of his crimes.

Another Aspect of Manfreds personality that accetuates his conciet arrogance is his sense of entitlement. He normally frowns on most crimes, but thinks that he is allowed some moral leeway due to his blue blood. After all, tradition demands that he aught to be more affluent than others, so who are you to disagree with such a notion? However, when in his 'Civilian' Identity, he usually keeps these notions to himself, but the Gentleman Thief does no such thing. He proudly boasts of the birthright that has been denied him, but that he will reclaim in time.

Manfred and the Gentleman Thief have one thing in common, though. They both bost what they consider impeccable manners befitting to their social standing, even though our hero tends to exaggerate this more as Gentleman thief. Manfred mostly comes up as polite, if somewhat uptight, whilst the Gentleman Thief is a bombastic, grandstanding, overdramatic and occasionally verbose individual.

It is quite likely that Manfreds conciet and arrogance stems from the fact that he is a disenfranchised noble in from a long line of very important individuals, historical heroes and villains both,  that have been reduced to nothing but a footnote. His father lost the family fortune and made the name "Athelstane" synonymous with stupidity and shame, thus losing both their fortune, their priviliged lifestyle and their social stature. A true "From riches to rags" story if ever there was one. Manfred is very keen on his families rich history and yearns to be a star on the family tree, shining just as brightly as the barons and scholar that bore the name before him.

History:

Baron Wilfren von Athelstane, the man that would later become the mildmannered stockholder Manfred Gentle as well as the infamous criminal The Gentleman Thief was born into a life of seemingly endless wealth and affluence in london. The Athelstanes where an old noble family wich had a rich and proud history in wich most of the members took intense pride. Due to the wealth and standing, Wilfred got the finest scooling, as well as a thurough grounding in fencing and polo, both sports that he showed a tremendous aptitude for due to his reflexes, coordination and agility. However, when Wilfred was approaching his fifteenth birthday, his father was arrested for a myriad of crimes, including Tax-evasion, fraud, embezzlement, at this point, several of the barons former mistresses stepped forward and spoke to the media, wich plunged the Baron further into shame and despair. The poor man could not take it, and thus he commited suicide in his cell. Wilfred and his mother claimed whatever meager assets they could get their grubby hands on and escaped to america, where they changed their identities to avoid being associated with the shame that had befallen the Athelstane family

His mother was at peace in her new place, never being all that attatched to material goods, and finally free from the overbearing husband, but Victor pined for the day when people bowed their heads as he passed them, the days when he and his friends could wrinkle their noses at the hoi polloi. But most of all he missed being economically independent.

Victor was well off enough to make a few investments in various companies wich afforded him a somewhat comfortable lifestyle, but this was not enough. He longed for more, and thus he began traing. He had been aware of his peculiar ability to throw things far harder and further than he should be able to, but when he began to use it frequently, it soon blossomed to a true superpower, whilst his agility and skill in fisticuffs was seemingly unrivaled by any man. He soon committed a heist directed at a small bank upstate, and even though he initially did it for the money, the thing that he valued the most was the attention. Media showed reports of the robbery, and people talked about him in hushed voices, causing him to fe invigorated. That is why he took on the 'Gentleman Thief" persona. For fame and fortune as well as the adrenaline-rush! The life of the notorious Gentleman Thief was far more exciting interesting than the existance of Manfred Gentle!

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Everything manfred touches is loaded with a peculiar sort of kinetic energy, that enters and strenghtens the object greatly, causing it to become harder than steel for as long as he holds it, causing him to be able to parry sword-strikes with an umbrella or a popsicle if he wishes too. However, the mostly used facet of his power is the event that occurs if he decides to let go of said objects. If for example The gentleman Thief was holding a popsicle and a bothersome army-tank shows up, he could throw the popsicle at it and knock a hole in its armour. How you ask? Well its fairly easy.

When The Gentleman thief sets an object in motion, say by throwing it, the increased durability remains, but another property is added too. The power propulses the object forward, like a sort of miniature, psionic jet-engine, causing it to reach amazing speed, as well as collide with objects with a tremendous force behind it. This combined with the previously mentioned durability causes anything that Manfred holds in his hands (or puts on top of his head, for that matter) to be a potentially lethal weapon.

However, as impressive as this may sound, the jet-propulsion, and increased durability and other effects only lasts for 30 seconds after Manfred has lost physical contact with the object. The object then reverts to the usual properties of its type. Pocket-lint becomes fluffy and useless, and popsicles become popsicly and so on and so forth. is also unable to charge any object weighing more than 38 pounds. Nobody really knows why, but there it is.

Power 2::Flight:
By loading himself up with energy he is able to levitate or even fly through the air unaided.

Power 3: Crumble.
Gentlemans power may bestow great durability on an item, buti t could also do the opposite. When gentleman touches something with an object charged with his psionic energy he might use the object as a conduit to load anything in contact with it with the same sort of energy. however, due to not being in contact with manfred, this energy is unstable, and instead of strengthening an object, pulls it apart on a molecular level. This ability seems to work on almost any kind of material, although as a general rule, the harder something is, the greater effect this power has.

Power 4: Disrupt
Similar in effect to the "crumple"-ability and activated in the exact same fashion, gentlemans peculiar brand of energy seems to disrupt and dispell almost all kinds of energy, magical or mundane seems to make little difference.

Power 5: Spidey-sense
Manfred has no idea how it works, but one scientist believed it to be a sort of subconscious, immediate precognitive ability. In laymans terms he generally gets a sort of super-evolved "gut feeling" whenever something dangerous is about to happen, and getting  sudden compulsion to leap to safety.

Power 6:: Superhuman fencing skills.
Manfred is superhumanly skilled at fencing for some reason. He can out-zorro pretty much any human in a swordfight.

Power 7: Superhuman agility and reaction time.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Look at me, Look at me, Look at me!
Gentleman is arrogant, and generally likes to stand in the limelight, even though such actions make it more likely to bring the law down upon him. For example, he usually informs people who have robbed them tonight, or leaves a calling-card at the scene of his crimes

Weakness 2: Nothing lasts forever
As impressive as this may sound, the jet-propulsion, and increased durability and other effects that manfred bestows on objects lasts for 30 seconds after Manfred has lost physical contact with the object in question. The object then reverts to the usual properties of its type. Pocket-lint becomes fluffy and useless, and popsicles become popsicly and so on and so forth. is also unable to charge any object weighing more than 38 pounds. Nobody really knows why, but there it is.

Weakness 3: Lets get physical
Manfred must be in physical contact with an object ot give it superhuman durability. However, for the "crumpling" use of his ability, he can use one proxy. (For example he can channel the crumpling energy through a stick he holds, but not through a stick touching a wall, touching the potted plant that has earned his ire.)

Weakness 4: The hills are alive with the sound of music
Sometimes when Manfret gets excited he gets theme-music. Usually a sort of pompous vaugley old-timey, slighly adventurous leitmotif that changes pacing and instruments to reflect whatever he is doing. This may sound pretty awesome, but to have "Sneaking-music" comming on when you try to pass by undetected, or an intense omnious tune striking up when you are about to betray your allies can be quite bothersome at times.

Weakness 5: The way of all flesh
The gentleman is as vulnerable as any other human

Weakness:6 I yam what I yam!
The gentleman-persona was created by a misanthropic little lawyer with delusions of grandeur to escape the drudgery of his everyday life. Thus the gentleman has a compulsion to take risks for the sake of adrenaline-rushes, meaning he may forgo clever planning for tactics or theatrics

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): He's a thrill-villain.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility      2
Endurance 3
Reaction 1
Strength 4

Last edited by Troglodyte on October 6th 2015, 9:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief Empty Re: The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief

Post by Ace April 29th 2012, 6:31 am

Approved, The power is pretty awesome, might i add.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I used to have a signature
Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : no

Number of posts : 380
Job : Your Local
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Gentleman - The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief Empty Re: The Blueblooded Gentleman Thief

Post by Chellizard December 7th 2012, 9:46 am

Moved for New System changes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Terrance December 7th 2012, 10:05 am

Old character converted with 30-point grid. Purchased 9 ABI under new power point system. Approved.
Terrance
Terrance

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 3rd 2015, 5:20 am

Unapproved

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt October 8th 2015, 12:18 am

Approved until stated otherwise
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top