The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Doctor 0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Doctor 0 I_vote_lcapDoctor 0 I_voting_barDoctor 0 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Doctor 0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doctor 0 Empty Doctor 0

Post by Troglodyte February 23rd 2012, 12:08 pm

Superhero-name:Doctor 0 (0=Null as in none, and Doctor is because he is more than smart enough to doctorate in anything he choses.)
Title: The Brain. Brainy. That crazy fellow
Alignment:Chaotic evil
Race:Disembodied brain
Hair:Ha! No!
Eyes:Ha, ha! No!
Height: 4 inches
Weight: 8 pounds

Costume Description/Image: If description please be very detailed.

Personality:Doctor 0 considers himself a scientist first and foremost and everything else secondary. As a scientist he considers science to be the discipline above all others, and thus any sacrifices made to benefit science are all going to be paid back to humanity ten-fold, or that is how the good doctor sees it at any rate. A bank-robbery or a grizly kidnapping and disection of men women and children are worth it if the results from said dissections are beneficial to humanity as a whole. He has the same opinion when it comes to ownership-laws and similar things.

Doctor 0 is superintelligent and he thinks that his advanced intelligence puts him above the average man in terms of importance, and that they should do as he say because of it, for the good of humanity, of course. Such a world-view makes him exceptionally callous, since he feels he has no need to justify his actions to others. However, unlike most chaotic evil villains he takes no pleasure in hurting his fellow man, nor does he enjoy pointlessly fighting other superhumans.

However, as intelligent as he might be, his brain has still been negatively affected by the long time he has spent being "dead" and preserved in alcohol. These damages has not negatively affected his intelligence to any greater degree, but it has made him lose most of his earlier memories as well as making him slightly whimsical, easily distracted as well as somewhat senile. These problems have in fact been growing gradually since our wayward brain has been installed in his cybernetic chassis. Mainly because of the wants and emotions of his brain conflicting with the behaviour-modifiers and personality-algorithms that had been infused into the cogitator-computer connected to the brain. This 'divide' between his cybernetic and organic half occasionally causes him to be unable to acces certain parts of his memory, rendering him more than a little bit confused occasionally. and occasionally renders him unable to remember what he was doing or why.

Even though he is ruthless and evil, he isn't a very unpleasant brain. He has a somewhat whimsical, grandfatherly personality, and although he can be somewhat patronizing to those he considers less intelligent, he tries to be polite even to them. Even though he might have to vivisect them later, there is no reason to be rude to them. After all, they probably think whatever they ared doing is for the best of all. he is rather even-tempered, rarely loosing his good mood and friendly attitude. However, he tends to be rather fond of dramatic outbursts and has a certain roundabout way of saying things

Doctor 0 has no real memories prior to waking up in his previous form. Technically he isn't even sure he is a "he" but refers to himself as male, due to the default setting on his voice-module. He does have snippets and certain reactions that hint at his earlier life. For example his "phantom-mouth" starts to water when he sees chinese-food and he can feel phantom-tears welling up in his phantom-eyes whenever he hears certain, rather sentimental music for instant. The strangest, most peculiar things are his "phantom scents", since he literally lacks a sense of smell these days.

There is a darker side to the not-so-good doctor, though. For all of his genius and knowledge he really has no idea who he is. Or used to be rather, and he occasionally wrestles with unwelcome urges and thoughts from his 'old' self. On some level a part of him knows that his somewhat coldhearted and 'evil' pursuit of science is Wrong somehow, but she tries to ignore it as much as he can. He is well aware of the fact that some objects, soundsd or visual stimuli sparks something deep within his memory-banks. Something that is beyond the controll of his consciousness. Not memories per se, but memories of memories. These are different from his other memories, since they are proper, 'living' memories rather than just information stored on his biological hard-drive. His view of this half-remembrance is shared, because he realizes that if he somehow remembers his full life, he would cease being "him", but yet, like a small child with a scab, he cannot keep from poking at them, trying to stimulate them out of sheer curiosity and a strange urge to remember.

History: Doctor 0 Remembers barely anything before he was revived in his current form, but from what he has gathered he was born somewhere around the Second world war. and that he died in a hospital somewhere in the 2010-20-area, but other than that he has no clues who he is. Or rather who he was. For the Doctor 0 that exists now has very little in common with the dead man.

Doctor 0s existance began as he was cryogenically frozen somewhere after his death, and seemingly revived about 20 years ago as a part of an experiment. His brain was then kept in storage for an undisclosed period of time untill it was inserted into his current chassis, the last in a long line of failures. Unfortunately for the doctors monitoring the experiment, he was the only brain that survived being hooked up to the machine, but what really annoyed them was that they could not figure out why. What made this brain unique, but from the hundreds, maybe thousands of test-subject he was the only one to regain consciousness.

He was treated with many chemicals and drugs to make him able to survive and stay conscious without a body, but these had a rather strange effect upon him. It has been theorized that whoever the brain must have had some low-level psychic potential. Probably not nearly enough to be noticed even by himselfout, but still present. However, the drugs caused the brains psychic abilities far beyond what they had ever imagined. The most powerfull of his abilities where his telekinesis, but the more unusual, perhaps even unique was a pseudotelepathic, psychometric abilities to absorb knowledge from computers and books by just being near them.

This made The experimental, until-now nameless brain interesting to a group of people that decided that it would be used as a sort of living database by some less than savoury characters positioned high in a certain pseudo-legal military organization. Being given the codename "agent zero" information started to be feeded to the brain, giving it more and more knowledge. However, fortunately for Agent Zero, the government-people was not aware of the fact that he had a certain degree of self-awareness and over the course of five months, his awareness grew, forming a rudimentary consciousness, that swiftly evolved into a full-blown personality, and not a very nice one. Agent zero, quickly judged the causes and petty nationalistic interests of the men redundant and unnessecary, and after absorbing all that he could learn from their main computers he decided it was time to strike out on his own. Hacking their computers was a simple task, erasing all information about himself even simpler, but the simplest of all was activating the self-destrucfunction.

From that day our bodyless hero has wandered the wastes in a neverending quest for knowledge and a zeal for science. To test and prod and measure and quantify reality and the stuff it is made of.

Powers:

Telekinesis EP 6

Computerlike Computing:Doctor 0 is a brain that has a seemingly flawless grasp of the noble acts of mathematics and knows electronics and machinery like the back of his hand, which happens to consist of electronics and machinery. He is basically like a living calculator, capable of calculating any mathematical or logical problem to its final state almost instantly. He is also capable of running several conscious thought-processes at the same time without suffering any sort of impairment because of it.

Superpowered learning/analyzing: EP 4 Doctor 0 can absorb information directly from whenever form it may occupy. He can absorb it from books,computers and even directly from peoples brains. (although, unfortunately the brain needs to be removed from its skull and somewhat well-perserved for this to work) wich gives him a very steep learning-curve indeed. It also has access to an extremely vast capacity for memory-stoarage and thus has a perfect memory. His memory is somewhat like a mix between the memory of a computer and that of a real person, and so his memories are perfectly categorized and preserved, but he occasionally have trouble finding the proper "file" in a sea of endless information, and whilst he might not be able to recall every minute of every day, he is still able to "record" important information perfectly. He is also capable of "analyzing" objects to understand the principle behind them, and how they work.

Grid total:32 (1 wealth is free)
Intelligence:10
Occult:
Strength:0
Speed:2
Durability:2
Telekinesis:8
Information absorbation:6
Fighting Skills:2
Magic:
Spells:
Potency:
Flight:2
Wealth:1

Power Grid colours:

Character Image/Description:
Doctor 0 Doctor0
A picture says more than a thousand words, so I've supplied one.

Of Doctor 0 himself there is not much to say. He is reduced to a brain living in a jar of special nutrient fluid, wich means he is coloured a pinkish-gray, with two hemispheres and a cerebellum, with a few wires plugged into its base, so that it may view the world throughout the electronic eyes and audioreceptors, as well as utilizing his wireless connection to nearby electronics.
His lifesupport-system has been modified to a mobile antigravity-veichle to allow him a full range of movement, and his telekinetic abilities makes up for the rest of his deficiencies in the limb-department.

His chassis has two tesla-coils on his sides, allowing him to power nearby electrical devices and monitor mounted below his brain, utilized to show whatever it is he needed to show. Occasionally he'll use it to show a picture of an ofted deceased famous scientist wich it animates so that it gives visiting humans a facial reference-point. There are two bulbs onthe base that lights up as the good doctor speaks, a quick blink once every syllable. Very dalek-style.

Beneath the brain-tank itself hangs a monitor, connected to the chassis, capable of displaying whatever the good doctor wishes to show those whom looks upon it, everything from documentaries about famous scientists to complex schematics. However, It is usually occupied with a somewhat inadequately rendered face of a pudgy, somewhat friendly-looking man, wich acts something similar to an avatar, providing him with the ability to show emotions through facial-expressions as well as to give those he talks to some sort of reference-point. The good doctor has no Idea who the man in the monitor originally was, but has decided to "adopt" his face as his own.

Roleplay Sample: Its trog

Last edited by Troglodyte on December 12th 2012, 3:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Doctor 0 Empty Re: Doctor 0

Post by Illya March 22nd 2012, 8:43 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 12th 2012, 2:53 am

Unapproved for new system edits.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Doctor 0 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top