The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_vote_lcapA midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_voting_barA midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 Empty Re: A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Post by bigdad November 11th 2011, 5:14 pm

(( Ah said no! ^ ^))

bigdad

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 Empty Re: A midnight fright, courtesy of the Lord of Shadows

Post by bigdad November 11th 2011, 5:31 pm

((It's changed dude. I think it turned out great. I love the writing style of John Shirley. I think it's noticeable in the changes I made))

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Red is the color of death.
bigdad
bigdad

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 11th 2011, 6:12 pm

((meh, meanie xD and one problem, the NYPD only know him as The Lord of Shadows or New York Vampire, thsts it they know nothing else about him))

Cain chuckles evily pressing the blade to his cheeck bone as the shadows tighten, should be cutting into his skin on his arms and legs now leaving gashes. Of course that is only if this man isn't made of anything stronger than steel. No use killing him right now is there? Of course not, Cain loves to play with and torture his victems and this fool deserves the most gruesum torture he can think of for calling him a 'pretender'. The New York Vampire is most certainly not in any shape or form a 'fake'; he is the real deal this punk ass just can't believe the facts like everyone else. Grinning evily at what red ridding mask says, unfased by the face having done that to someone before anyway, and goes to answer. Only to be interupted by the foolish cops which makes him snarl. Oh, sure he could deal with all the idiot police but to do so would mean he'd have to let reddie go, thus giving him the chance to stab him in the back. "You got lucky little red ridding hood....but I'll get you next time, next time you die. He snarls releasing him but just as he releases him he has a giant spiked shadow wall fall from the air and one rise from the ground, trying to squish the man between the two. As the spiked shadow wall on the 'floor' is made he disappears, melting into the shadows and disssapearing. Once again the Lord of Shadows has evaded capture and gotten away, the NYPD still having no more info on him than they did in the beginning because hopefully reddie got squished like the bag 'o blood he is.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cain Vulsore
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 11th 2011, 7:05 pm

Red squinted from the chopper spot light. Suddenly he felt the shadows that bound him fade away. Cain said "You got lucky little red ridding hood....but I'll get you next time, next time you die".

Red looked up at the chopper to see another spiked wall form above him. Then spikes formed out of the ground as well. Cain was trying to squish him. Ignoring the aching in his muscles from the shadow bonds he leaped away from the two wall just in time when they slammed together.

Temporally away from the spotlight's beam, Red quickly reached over and picked up his helmet that rolled over to the roof's ledge. He quickly placed it back onto his head when...

"YOU IN THE CAPE. STAND DOWN OR WE'LL OPEN FIRE!"

Red cursed to himself "Not me you idiots!". Even though his body ached and demanded rest and recuperation, Red bolted of the roof. He ran down the old fire escape and had to jump the last story. Perspiration showed on his forehead. No time for that. He was grateful that the NYPD happen to be in the vicinity but he was a wanted man as well. He ran two blocks away from the scene while the chopper tried to stay on top of him. He could hear the police sirens closing in. He reached a dark ally way. There his transport waited for him.

"Where did he go?" Derick Messner, the NYPD helicopter pilot stared down at the streets searching for the man in red.

"He went into that ally" said his partner, a chubbier tanned man by the name of Carl Sionez, replied pointing a finger at an ally was right below them. "Is that the guy from Westmoor... what's his name.... Red something?"

"Yeah, what the hell's he doing in the Big Apple?"

"No idea? Who knows what that freak is up t... What the hell?!"

From the ally below them a black racing motorcycle with a large red streak in the middle roared out of the ally way at full speed and streaked down the main road, doing about 200 an hour.

"Did you see that!?" said Derick.

"Yeah. Should I call it in?"

"Nah, don't bother. Our cruisers are way on the other side of the buildings. By the time they get to this position the guy will be long gone. I can't see him anymore. You?"

"No....." Carl scowled "Damn, we had two wanted guys at our finger tips and we lost them both".

Derick sighed. The chief wasn't gonna be happy about this, " let's head back. No use wasting our time trying to figure things out. Let the forensics guys do there stuff at the crime scene".

There's an old sewer entrance on the edge of the city that was perched on the shores of the river Hudson. No one, not even the police come there. Red pulled up by the concrete docks and got of his bike. He pushed it over to an old abandoned ware house that was his temporary hide out her in New York. Inside, he leaned it against the wall nearest to the large sliding door and wobbled over to an old couch surrounded by old creates and boxes. A single beam of moonlight shun down upon it from a large hole in the damaged sealing. Red took off his helmet and place on a small table salvaged from the rubble of a nearby scrapyard. He immediately flopped down onto the couch, trying to rest his aching body. The little game of tag with the cops made him even more tired. Driving hurt his chest. His joints stung from the shadows bonds that creep used. He could fell himself slowly drifting of to sleep. He hadn't slept in two days now and this evenings experience took a lot out of him. Just before he fully surrendered him self to dreamland he reflected on the facts he now knew about Cain. He nearly died tonight. He promised himself that he'll never be caught off guard like that again. The times they were a chaingin' and Red had no choice but to get with the program. Meta-humans were now an almost everyday occurrence and he had to be ready for them. Starting with the self proclaimed vampire. He had to find a way to combat his shadow manipulation.

"You got lucky little red ridding hood....but I'll get you next time, next time you die" Cain's words rang in his tired mind.

"Next time I'll be ready for you" the last thought stayed in his mind until sleep finally claimed him.

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore November 11th 2011, 9:44 pm

((topic ended you can count your words and get your exp.loved the ending))

Cain Vulsore
A midnight fright,  courtesy of the Lord of Shadows - Page 3 Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bigdad November 12th 2011, 5:45 am

((Oy here comes the hard part. Unless there is an easy part. Maybe Microsoft Word could help. BTW thanks. I guess his first encounter with a Meta wasn't a total disaster. But I don't see what's to like about the ending.))

bigdad
bigdad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top