The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Lets get prehistoric! I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Lets get prehistoric! I_vote_lcapLets get prehistoric! I_voting_barLets get prehistoric! I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lets get prehistoric!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets get prehistoric! Empty Lets get prehistoric!

Post by The Fossil September 27th 2011, 9:45 pm

Superhero Name: The Fossil

Title: Dino-guy

Alignment: Hero

Race: Caucasion

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Height: 6 foot 0 inches.

Weight: 130 pounds

Costume: A brown and green jumpsuit, which he wears under his normal cloths. Normal clothes for him are a pair of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. The jumpsuit is dark green on the back, outer arms, outer legs, and neck. Its brown on the front and inner arms and legs. Also on the front is a black circle, with a red font capital F.

Personality: He is slightly antisocial, shy and quiet, due to bulliing when he was a kid. He is extremey helpful to people, often going out of his way to help a stranger, then leave imediatly. Because of his low end spectrum autism, he has trouble understanding people sometimes, and in most areas, uneducated. (especialy math). He has 1 exception though, and that is zoology and paleontology. He loves to laugh and will always make a joke about something stupid or funny.

History: Growing up he was an only child. His parents were encouraging and supportive in every way. Unfotuantly, he piers were different. He was constanly bullied and harrased. His parents were scientists, their mission to ressurect the mammoth. When Conner was 10, his parent made a daring attempt at their project. Taking DNA from mammoth fossils, they used a high voltage of energy to implant it into the uterus of a female asian elephant. The resulting high energy transfer caused an explosion, wiping out the whole compund and killing everyone there. EXECPT Conner, who survived because he was on the opposite side of the lab and because a wall fell and blocked the bulk of the blast. He spent the next few years traveling from foster home to foster home. 1 year after the incident, he accidently transformed into a velociraptor in his room, discovering his powers. The blast of energy had somehow transferred the DNA from the half a dozen fossilized remains in his room into Conners bloodstream. During high school, he encounterd an old bully. The bully made the mistake of punching him in the face. Conner lost control of his rage and changed into a velociraptor, attacking and killing the bully. Ashamed and guilty, Conner has spent the last few years of his life traveling across the country, looking for a place to live and help people.

Powers: Conner can become 6 different extinct animals that he had fossils of in his room. Velociraptor, Dimorphodon, Ichthyosaurus, Shunosaurus, Jeffersons ground sloth, and Thylacine.

Power Grid: (Human form)
Str:1
Spd:2
End:2
Int: 4
Ep:6
Fs:3

Power Grid: Velociraptor(3 feet tall, 6 feet long, 40 pounds)
Spd:4
Int:4

Power grid: Dimorphodon(4 foot wingspan, 5 pounds)
Str:0
End:0

Power Grid:Ichthyosaurs(6 feet long, 200 pounds)
Str: 3 (in water)
Spd:3
End:4

Power Grid: Shunosaurus(30 feet long, 10 tons)
Str:4
Spd:1
End:5
EP:6
FS:3

Power Grid: Jefferson's Ground sloth(size of a grizzly bear, 800 pounds)
Str:4
Spd:1
End:4

Power Grid: Thylacine(6 feet long,50 pounds)
Str:2
Spd:3

Power Grid colors: Brown and green for all.

Character Description: Conner is tall and thing. He wears glasses when not in costume, and had an average amount of acne for his age. He isn't especially muscular, but not fat either. His eyes are almond shaped. His legs and arms are also slightly longer than normal. He has brown hair and eyes. He has a scar from a knife wound on his back, along with multiple cuts on his hands.

Roleplay Sample:
The alarms of the bank flared and blared as gunshots rang through the air. Several armed men, covered in black clothing, exited the bank, carrying pillowcases filled with various valuables. Their getaway car was a large van.
They took off, several minutes before the police arrived.

Conner saw all this from the rooftop of a skyscraper nearby. Watching the car, he judged where it would be after a certain amount of time. He walked backwords untill his feet hit the rim of the other side of the roof. He then ran from there and leaped off the skyscraper. Falling for a few seconds, he then changed to dimorphodon. He glided untill he was above the car and grabbed hold of it. He crawled in through a crack in the window and then changed to velociraptor.

20 minutes later, the police found a crashed van containing all the stolen valuables, and 4 of the 5 robbers. They found the 5th 3 blocks down the road. The 4 in the van were unconsious, covered in claw and bite marks. They called in experts who could not explain what animal caused to injuries.

Last edited by The Fossil on September 30th 2011, 4:47 pm; edited 7 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it~~~ The Fossil's Catchphrase
The Fossil
The Fossil

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Job : Zoologist/Paleontologist
Humor : Love it
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Lets get prehistoric! Empty Re: Lets get prehistoric!

Post by Illya September 27th 2011, 10:21 pm

Alright, I'll take the reigns on this one.

When a character has a transformation power, if they want to be a different form that changes a grid, then they must sacrifice 2 points off their EP, which is split from their total EP. But if you are doing it to just change your appearance than the stats remain stagnant. I'll use examples

Example 1: Split

You would give up 2 EP for the transformation power, so it would be like this.

Human Form
STR: 1
SPD: 4
DUR: 5
INT: 4
EP: 4 (2 for Transformation, 2 for whatever)
FS: 2

T-Rex Form: If you make it fully animal
STR: 5
INT: 0
EP: 4 (2 for Transformation, 2 for whatever)

Or

STR: 6
DUR: 6
INT: 0
EP: 2

T-Rex Form: INT preserved
STR: 5
EP: 2

*Note: INT and FS remain the same, unless the INT is reduced to 0

Example 2: Appearance only

STR: 1
EP: 4

This one is unadvised for your character idea, since the character would become the weakest dinosaurs ever.

Also, it would also be advised to not make so many transformations. As it would be rather cumbersome, depending on how many you use for actual battle.
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Humor : I am smiling
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fossil September 28th 2011, 7:46 am

I think I see where your going with this. I definetly want to use the way that changes other things of the grid, because his abilities change along with his forms. I think I have some examples.

Meganurea
End:0
Ep:4
Fs:2

Ankylosaurus
Str:5
Spd:0
End:6
EP:4
FS:1

As you can see here, I would prefer that his Int remains constant in animal form. Whether the animal is a predator or prey might effect the FS, because he gets the animals basic instincts along with the body changes. The only reson his spd is 4 and his end is 5 are because of his transformations. (spd is high because meganura can fly at 120 mph. End is high because ankylosaurus and doedicurus are extremely bullet resistant.) I'll change it so that his power gird represents his human form. Whenever he changes to an animal, I'll put it a power gird for that animal.

Now I do plan on using lots of different extinct animals, but I will be accurate with their abilities and limitations. I am an amatuar paleontologist, so I know a great deal about these animals.

Edited his Power Grid. hope its okay now

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it~~~ The Fossil's Catchphrase
The Fossil
The Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 28th 2011, 11:36 pm

Your FS is constant no matter what form your in

Lets get prehistoric! Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fossil September 29th 2011, 8:17 am

Ok. I'll keep the Fs constant.

The Fossil
The Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya September 29th 2011, 11:34 am

You have to include the powergrids you want on the app, otherwise we cannot review them.
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fossil September 29th 2011, 4:32 pm

What I meant is that I'll put the stats for an animal (speed, endurance, strength) in the story post when he uses it. If I tried to put the powergird of EVERY animal I plan on using, It would require several days work and an entire topic page. The powergird on the app is for his human form. I hope thats enough. If you want, I could try to narrow it down to his most used forms and post those power grids on my next post here.

P.S. with an animal like amphicoelias, which is 190 feet long and more than 100 tons, could I give it 7 strengh and 7 endurance?

The Fossil
The Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss September 29th 2011, 5:03 pm

No to the sevens.

I don't like the idea of making animals that are 100 tons.

Let the staff talk about shape shifting and how it will work for you.

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Lets get prehistoric! D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fossil September 29th 2011, 5:25 pm

Ok, I edited a bit so all his animal forms are smaller by comparison.

The Fossil
The Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya September 30th 2011, 11:54 am

I still need to see more powergrids, even if they are the most used ones. Otherwise I will assume that all your forms have your powergrid and work from there.
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fossil September 30th 2011, 1:05 pm

ok, I think I have an idea that might work. I'll need a little time to edit, but I think I'll have a solution by the end of today.

EDIT: I have updated the sign up. Hope its good now.

The Fossil
The Fossil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum