The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_vote_lcapAbove Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_voting_barAbove Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character Empty Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character

Post by Steve-Guy September 26th 2011, 11:51 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Above Average Man
Title: Mister Above Average
Alignment: Heroic
Race: Human
Hair: Brown with hints of red ochre (But typically wears a hat of some sort)
Eyes: Forest Green
Height: 6'1
Weight: 157lbs

Costume Description/Image: If description please be very detailed.

Personality: Raymond is a bit sarcastic, but can quickly get down to business when it comes to something important. Usually tries to make other people feel a bit better about themselves, but doesn't sugar coat things. Overall, he's a rather laid back individual who likes to ponder and wonder about whatever may be crossing his mind. He'd be an excellent chess player if he cared enough to learn the rule of the game. "Patience is a virtue" is an ideal he couldn't agree with more, because he's certainly in no rush to go anywhere or do anything (Unless it's an urgent situation of course) He's the type of guy you can call at 2am, crash on his couch for free, and sleep until noon, and at worst you'll get a shove to wake up because something interesting is on the idiot box. However, once he's pissed about something, he won't yell, he'll start talking faster. His words are as unrelenting as his fists of fury! He also has taken up an odd interest in hats.

History: Raymond Fynn wasn't anything special at birth, aside from being the fourth of six kids. Sure, it was a crowded house, but it wasn't a bad one by any means. His family always treated him right and was supportive of his endeavors. He wasn't a trouble maker in school, but certainly wasn't a genius by any means. He had a knack for the sciences and English, so what better career than one in the Engineering field? Right? Well, given that science has come a long way and safety doesn't always follow suit, one of Raymond's first tasks was to handle some sensitive data and bring it to one of the engineers in the lab. Now, this lab wasn't a big fancy one or anything like that, it was a quaint little place in Albany, NY. Just to give you an idea, whenever some party was planned around there, by the end of the day most everyone knew about it. So that's Albany for ya, eh? Anyway, this wasn't a party, this was a lab accident. Or rather, a lab misunderstanding. Raymond had the file in hand but ended up visiting the wrong scientist, who mistook him for one of four test subjects. Looking through the file he was supposed to deliver, Raymond found information on what was called the "Superhuman Genome project". Rather than do the smart, safe thing and forgo being a lab rat, Ray said "Yep, Raymond Finn, that's me!" Raymond isn't the rarest name after all, and Fynn can be spelled either way. (That other Ray guy was just some dude. Not too important or anything)

Anyway, the process was over in a matter of minutes...whatever it was anyway. He had to be blindfolded for the whole thing. Not the most comforting feeling, but he had already said yes and didn't feel any different when he stepped out of the egg shaped test chamber he sat in. He did have a little band aid on his right forearm, but he probably just got a shot or something. Nothing too crazy, if worst comes to worst he can just kindly explain he went to the wrong place at the wrong time, go to the hospital, and get everything checked out fine. No big deal, this sorta name confusion happens all the time!

But for Raymond, he was in the wrong place at one of the best possible times, because that process remodeled his gene sequencing and re-birthed him...so to speak. He didn't actually know about what happened until a few months later, when the lab data was mailed to him. Apparently it was an absolute success and he could start physical enhancement training within the week. Physical enhancement training?...It was at that point that Raymond started hitting the gym as normal. Well, not quite as normal. He wasn't much of an athlete in school, but found lifting, running, and all those other things that aren't fun to do at a gym to be of relative ease. (And that kind of made them more fun) Only now, his muscles, cardio vascular system, and his nervous system were improving at an astounding rate!

Cut to a few months later (And a few angry phone calls from that other Ray guy, the lab, and a lawsuit that he was lucky enough to get out of) And we have a pretty rough and tough guy here! Sure, his personality isn't the most ferocious, and the lab guys are still doing research to improve the project and all, but it worked out rather well for ol' Ray. Until it occurred to him...where would he go from here? Sure, he could keep his lab job, working, engineering, and hanging out in the sausage fest that was Western Labs...

Or, before his very eyes, two urban kids could start fighting outside of the lab.

One of them pulls a knife.

The other falls to the ground.

Not a pretty sight, and not something ol' Ray was gonna just sit and watch. He rushed over to the scene and easily disarmed the 17 year old tossing his knife aside and holding him. Alas, these thing can never just be small time, now can they? A group of punks shows up and they're rolling with bats, switchblades, pipes..you know, the usual rough and tumble paraphernalia. However, Ray was feeling confident! (Another side effect of going to the gym probably.) And decided that "No, I'm not gonna let you punks cause trouble around here." Getting a bit fired up, he almost had a faint glow about him...because he did. While he's not glowing like the sun or like a Christmas tree, he's still definitely glowing a bit. glowing also means you're really good at not getting cut up as badly by a punk, which was all but important in a situation like this. A few minutes pass by and sirens are wailing. Bam, police and paramedics arrive, no one's dead, the day is saved!

"Hmm...the day...is saved..."

A After exchanging thank yous, the police officer offered a handshake and said: "Thanks hero, always good to have some guys like you hanging around. I know not everyone likes you guys, but hey, you did good. Have a good one!" Now, Ray wasn't a patriot or anything, but he respects our fine men and women. And they called him a hero! After a palm to the face and kicking himself for not thinking of it sooner, Raymond decided that he was going to give that whole "Heroing" thing a try. Because, well, why not? Some other people were doing it already, so it can't be too bad. Being sorta good at that English thing, he came up with what he thought was a clever name right there on the spot.

"Well I'm no Superman...but I could be an Above Average Man. Yeah! That's good. I'm good...wow, that's really good. I'm actually kind of proud of myself. I like that name!"

Powers:

-Whatever the hell they did, they did a good job. AAM's bones are much denser than normal and are hard to break. This has made him a little heavier though, but not by a whole lot. His muscles are also pretty damn tough, so he can take some good hits and keep on swinging without any problems!
-Those dense bones pack a good punch. Those knuckles of his hurt quite a bit! Coupled with some boxing/kickboxing skills, he can certainly hold his own in a fight, but up against some crazy wack-fu karate kid, he'd probably look a little less than impressive.
-His overall endurance has left him up many a nights wishing he could be tired as there was nothing left to fight. AAM can go on for quite a while without getting tired.
-While it won't reflect bullets or anything fancy, AAM's body is in such a state of balance that a light energy field has developed around him. Kinda useful when you put it on top of that durability of his muscles and bones n' such.

Power Grid: (You have 22 points to spend on your Power Grid unless you can fly, in which case you have 20. Each stat can start at 6, not 7. 7 must be earned.)
STR:5
SPD:3
DUR: 6
INT: 4
EP: 0
FS: 4

Power Grid colours: Blue and Green please!

Character Image/Description: Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character 5217k2

Sorry for it being made in City of Heroes, but I'm not an artist by any means. The left is Ray's casual attire and the right is a costume he made all by himself out of army surplus materials. I'll post the item list for approval later, but it's nothing too fancy.

-He's got a somewhat fuzzy face that, if left unshaven, can become somewhat noticeable.
-His hair is a lot longer than that, and covers the back of his neck.
-Has glasses. They're just regular glasses though, rectangular in shape...he's nearsighted, by the way.

Roleplay Sample:

Ray is coming out of his apartment in NYC. Sure, it's not the nicest place anymore, but it's close to home and full of opportunities to do what he does best (Punch people really, really hard.) Assuming they're up to no good that is, he's not looking for a bar fight! He heads outside to the streets, and it's a bit of a scorcher out. Not a good move on Mr. Long Sleeves part, but hey, not a big deal. As he's walking down the street, Raymond thinks to himself of all the odd characters one can find in the city that never sleeps. From those hot dog vendor guys, to those pretzel vendor guys, to those ice cream vendor guys...

Damn, I'm hungry. Of all the weirdos around here, I'm thinking about the guys that feed em'. Let's get a snack while we walk...

Ray walks for a block or two, through the crowded...well, crowds. The unwashed masses really aren't so bad during the waking hours of the day. After all, one doesn't simply drive in New York. Having your wallet pretty much tied to your pants also helps the situation.
Coming across a jolly looking fellow, Raymond greets him with a tip of his hat and a smile. Giving him a buck and taking his cone, he happily goes off on his merry way with a grin on his face. Huh, you know, today seems nice. I think I'll countdown to when things start to get hairy.

Checking his watch, Raymond sees it's 3:16PM, EST. He walks for a few more blocks, eating his icecream and eventually finishing it. (Those science'd up muscles gotta eat, right?) And then checks his watch again...except he doesn't because the man behind him just stole it off of his wrist. Funny how New York works! Couldn't hold on to your head if it wasn't attached to the rest of ya'. Anyway, he turns around and notices this...rather beefy looking gentlemen. Quite surprising he stole the watch with those big meaty paws of his. Okay, let's try some words first. "Yo, buddy, let's try not to enforce the New York stereotype here. Mind handing me back my watch?"

The man offered no response, but kept walking away.

"Look, there's a watch shop right down the street from here. I think that guy in a trench coat is selling GENUINE whatchamacallits too! So let's cut each other a brake here." Ray put special inflection on the INE in genuine, as if to sound a bit southern. His tone was getting a touch impatient however, as he was...well, reasoning with a big thug.

Which didn't seem to work, as much of a surprise as that may be. The lug turned around and quickly swung at the hat clad Ray, who's fedora went flying as he got a swift punch to the gut. Not like it hurt, but his hat was on the ground now...and that meant it was time to stop reasoning and start swinging. After all, he punched first, he was legally able to punch that thug right in the mug. But instead, he decided to be a bit more sporting, and simply gave a swift kick to his lower legs, tripping the man. As he hit the ground, a distinct crunch rang out...thankfully though, it was the thug's nose and not Ray's watch. Which clearly displayed 3:20. Four minutes.

"Wow, you guys work fast. Let's try shooting for the minute I get out of my house next time, that way I won't be sweating like a dog after just eating some tasty cold stuff." His tone was relaxed and sarcastic as he walked away from the heavy set punk. Only thinking to himself this.

Damn, I'm hungry...

Ray continues on his way, with a smile. Only this time it's one of even greater satisfaction than before.
Steve-Guy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-24

Back to top Go down

Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character Empty Re: Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character

Post by Super Cutie September 27th 2011, 12:11 am

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Above Average Man-Raymond Fynn-First Character Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down