The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Void I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Void I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Void I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Void I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Void I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Void I_vote_lcapVoid I_voting_barVoid I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Void

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Void Empty Void

Post by Psycho August 27th 2011, 10:27 pm

Renegade Name: Void
Title: None
Alignment: Neutral
Race: Cyborg
Hair: None
Eyes: Red
Height: 5'9
Weight: 258lbs

Costume Description: None

Personality: To put it bluntly, Void has the emotional depth...of a toaster. Due to being reprogrammed during his transformation into a cyborg, Void has the inability to express even the simplest of emotions, that is under normal circumstances. Also, due to his lack of emotion his voice rarely strays from being his usual mechanic monotone. However, while it is rare, he has been known to show glimpses of emotion, even if it is only momentarily. Also, one of the key aspects of Void's personality...mainly because he doesn't have much of one, is that he is extremely honorable, while he doesn't really discriminate who he kills or how he kills them, he never hides his true intentions and makes it clear what he wants and what he's going to do. If he says he'll do something, it's certain that he'll do everything in his power to make sure it gets done.

History: Forty two years ago Thomas Lynch was born into a small middle class family somewhere in New Orleans. He was the eldest of two and had a rather uneventful and mediocre childhood, that is however, until one very unfortunate day that little ten year old Tom happened to pick the wrong way home from school. He was approached by what can only be described as two very shady looking police officers who played off that he was in some kind of trouble. Being the naive boy he was, he went with them without a struggle, but was blindsided when he got into their car and was knocked out with a fierce blow to the head. Waking hours later he found himself strapped down in the middle of flawless white room filled with all kinds of electronic devices, machines and surgical looking equipment. Panicked by what had transpired, the young boy struggled against his restraints to no avail. Doing the only thing he knew how to do at this point, Tom screamed his lungs out. Not long after a woman walked into the room wearing all white, a clearly fake smile plastered on her face. Her pitiful attempts to calm him down went unheard as he continued to scream and beg to be let go. The woman did the only logical thing she could think of at the moment, stick a needle filled with a strange substance into his arm. His screams slowly died out as his world went black...and black his world would remain for the next thirty or so years of his life.

When finally waking from his deep slumber, Tom found himself within what felt like a completely foreign body in an unknown room, but then again, everything felt foreign to him. During his time being unconscious, memories of his past life had been wiped out or maybe just hidden from him, he didn't know. In fact, he didn't really know anything about himself, yet he found that he had known about things that he shouldn't know anything about. He came to the conclusion that the unexplained knowledge coupled with the facts that he had no memories of his own and strange lack of emotion regarding a situation he knew that he was supposed to feel...something about led him to one conclusion, he had been educated through some kind of device that manipulated his mind and through the same process had memories of his previous life, if he had one at all, and emotions removed. Finally shaking himself of his thoughts he found himself in a dark grey room. The room itself was dilapidated and guessing by the built up dirt, grime and cobwebs it was clear the room hadn't been in use for quite some time. The varies machines and electronics that were inside the room were clearly in need of repair. After breaking himself free of the feeble leather straps that held him to the table he was on, Tom discovered his entire body was completely cybernetic, now he may not be able to remember anything 'real', but he was sure that he was human at least at some point, he had a feeling.

After leaving the room, he found himself inside a large underground facility which was in just as much disrepair as the room he just left. He searched through just about every room in the entire facility, looking for information on just what had happened there. It took quite some time, but he was able to get the notes and files which helped him piece together what had went on there. As it turns out he along with several other children from different backgrounds, genders and ethnicities were kidnapped for the purpose of creating a superior cybernetic super soldier. Unfortunately for them, the entire program was a failure due to the deaths of every single test subject, excluding Tom, even in the early stages of development. Deciding to focus their remaining resources on Tom alone, they used a series of nano-machine injections into his bloodstream which literally tore his body apart from the inside out and replaced it with with an almost entirely cybernetic one. With these changes complete, the company had been preparing him to be combat ready, removing the memories of his old life, weakening his capacity to feel emotion to a devastating degree and replacing them with knowledge on hand to hand combat and sword usage as well as basic generic knowledge, about equal to that the average person would have.

Yet, there was yet another problem. They were unable to wake him after everything that had been done to him. The mental trauma was just far too great for his psyche to take after all the memory alteration and he was put into a form of hibernation until his mind would be able to cope. Due to the fact that his body being cybernetic, he was able to survive for around twenty years before finally waking. During his sleep the whole complex was abandoned and the project was scrapped, they didn't even bother with the sleeping cyborg anymore and decided to just move on from the failed project. But now that he was finally awake, Tom found himself faced with a problem, he literally had no purpose. After much thought, he decided it best to go out into the world and find a purpose for himself. Taking up the name 'Void', which he found rather appropriate given that in a sense, other than actually physically being he barely exists at all, he started traveling all over the country, occasionally taking up jobs as a hired gun (Ironic considering he's a strictly an unarmed or sword wielding fighter), searching for something worth living for.

Powers: Given that more that he is more or less completely cybernetic he has enhanced physical capabilities, far higher than those of any normal human. Also, due to being reprogrammed by his previous captors and his body's preset "muscle memory" his fighting ability is considered superhuman, even without his strength and endurance. One other rather helpful thing at his disposal is the fact that the schematics for his entire body were burned into his memory, meaning that if he is given the time and the materials he is able to make repairs to himself to fix whatever damage he may have sustained (Note that this is not able to be used in combat however, that's just stupid).

Power Grid:
Void Voidgr10

Character Image: Void Cyborg_ninja

Roleplay Sample:
Void kept his vigil as he watched the man he had been stalking for the past hour and a half from the rooftops. From his high perch, it was almost impossible to make any discernible description of the man himself, but his easily identifiable choice of clothing and from can only be guessed as gang tattoos on his right arm made him an easy enough target to track, despite having to travel across the rooftops and remain hidden from his target's sight at the same time. At least now his unsuspecting accomplice had finally stopped, but now he seemed all the more suspicious and paranoid that someone was watching him. It was at this time did Void notice just how fortunate he was that on this particular day there was heavy overcast and fog which would do nicely in concealing him from view, unless his 'stalkie' were to really focus on the area he was, but the chances of that were slim to none. Watching patiently from his safe spot on the roof above, Void waiting for his target to arrive. Soon the man he had been following would meet with his very unlucky target. Void's mission was very simple at this point, wait for the target to arrive and make sure he comes to a very abrupt end. Witnesses would also have to go, yes, his client had been very specific on this point. If word were to get out before Void's client could remove any trace of his involvement, there would be some serious problems.

As fate would have it, he didn't actually need to wait very long for his target to arrive. A long black limousine came into Void's view and parked up beside the one with the tattoos. Seeing his perfect chance, Void gripped his blade tightly in one hand before leaping off of the building and down onto the vehicle below him, impaling his blade into the roof of it as he did. With one swift motion he slide his blade about a meter across before using his free hand to grip the thin opening he had just made and jerking his arm back fiercely, leaving a large hole. Sliding inside, he was first met with the obviously terrified face of his target. Wasting as little time as possible, Void proceeded to send him to the next life with a single swipe of his steel blade. Once finished with his act, he heard the almost painful screeching of the two women behind him as his now ex-target's severed head started rolling towards them. He made quick work of the two women, silencing them, then kicked out one of the doors of the car and exited. Looking around one thing became immediately obvious, both the driver and the man he had been following previously were now fleeing the scene in opposite directions down the street.

He made sure that they wouldn't get very far, throwing his blade at one, whom was fortunate enough to have it go straight through his heart, giving him a quick death. The other was dealt with in a much more up close and personal fashion. Running after the other one, Void quickly caught up and leaped unto his back, feet first. Despite hearing a rather bloodcurdling crack coming from the man's spine, he felt it necessary to make sure he was in fact, dead. Grabbing the man's head with both hands he twisted his arms violently in opposite directions, snapping the man's neck like a twig. To make sure that there were no more witnesses he gave a rather hasty inspection of the area, finding himself pleasantly surprised that the street they were in was all but deserted, with only one more loose end to cut. Needless to say, the poor soul that had regrettably found itself witness to the series of murders was soon counted among them. With his job finished, Void quickly fled and made his way to the drop off point where he found his payment. After a quick check to make sure that he was not cheated, Void left to store the money somewhere safe until he found need of it, probably to be used for materials that he would need to use to repair himself in the near future.

Last edited by Ditto on August 28th 2011, 11:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
Psycho
Psycho

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Void Empty Re: Void

Post by Ember_Fangs August 28th 2011, 2:16 pm

This looks really good Ditto! I'm not sure about the healing bit if another mod will ask you to put an EP point into that or not... Seeing as though it's a normal human degree I don't think you need an EP point.

all we need from you is the image and a Role Play sample! =D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss August 29th 2011, 10:24 am

Approved. What colors do you want for your powergrid?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Void D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Psycho August 29th 2011, 10:25 am

Red and White please
Psycho
Psycho

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top