The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Hunters Equipment I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Hunters Equipment I_vote_lcapHunters Equipment I_voting_barHunters Equipment I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hunters Equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hunters Equipment Empty Hunters Equipment

Post by Hunter Kieff August 11th 2011, 3:01 am

Name: Ballistic Blade
Abilities: With this sword Hunter is able to channel energy from the hilt to the tip of the blade, making an explosion based on how much force applied and the severity of the cut. In people with average durability this blade can quite easily blow them into pieces, but problems arise once they have an endurance rating of 4 and above. At 3 endurance it can still cut into them and based on Hunter's own EP skill the damage is done. At 4 endurance however the blade can do nothing more than just get under the skin but the explosion can still do some damage. From 5 and above it feels like nothing more than a mosquito bite.
Description:
When fully extended-
Spoiler:

However when it is not extended outward parts like the hand guard fold themselves in and the blade collapses inward on itself with the only remaining parts being the hilt and pommel. When he wishes for the blade to come out he simply presses the red jewel on the pommel and when it needs to be drawn into its more portable form he presses it once again.

Name: Combustion Suit (Top and Bottoms)
Abilities:
The suit is enhanced with small amplifying nodes on key contact points of the suit. These act as an attack and defense mechanism. When enough pressure is applied to the area covered with nodes they fire off to lessen the impact of the attack. But once fired off they must cool down. This cool down is equal to half of a regular active attack cooldown. Small things like regular human punches or low scale projectiles aren't enough to set off the nodes though. In combat situations things like guns and superhuman strength attacks will set off the defense mechanism. The cooldown for defense is three posts more than the original offensive cooldown.

Front Torso: 5 post cooldown
Back Torso: 5 post cooldown
Forearms: 3 post cooldown
Fists: 3 post cooldown
Elbows: 3 post cooldown
Knees: 4 post cooldown
Shins/ Calves: 3 post cooldown
Face: 3 post cooldown
Feet: 3 post cooldown
Full Body Pulse: 12 post cooldown

Although the suit comes in 5 parts e.g. Top, Bottoms, Gloves, Mask and Boots; all of them are linked together through straps so if a part were to be lit on fire Hunter would only need to remove one part instead of the entire suit. Even though they are a part of the suit, some will be be explained as individual items with individual properties.

Description:
Top-
Spoiler:

Bottoms-
Spoiler:

Gloves-
Spoiler:

Mask-
Spoiler:

Boots-
Spoiler:

Name: Combustion Suit (Mask)
Abilities:The mask is a black metallic plastic combined with a mechanical flange to hide his thick accent. The nodes in the mask are much like that of the rest of the suit and the passive function is to release a counter amount of energy when attacked. But once fired off in defense the cooldown time for another defense is two posts more than that of an attack pulse.

Name: Combustion Suit (Gloves)
Abilities: Along with the rest of the suit, these gloves are covered with nodes that amplify the the energy projected from his body. As a passive function these nodes project his energy like a shield. But when enough force is applied they fire off in an attempt to lessen the damage. Once fired off these nodes must cool down. The defensive recharge time two posts more than an attack pulse.
Description: See picture above.

Name: Combustion Suit (Boots)
Abilities: The base abilities are just like that of the normal suit although they provide a very useful secondary function. Because Hunter himself lacks the strength to leap over 10 feet vertically the boots are equipped with a small but strong propulsion system. By utilizing the concussive force generated by the explosions he can increase his vertical jump by up to 30 feet without blowing apart the area around him or blowing off his clothes. Along with that he can prevent death from high falls by utilizing this equipment along with controlled counter explosions on the way down so he can 'pillow' ,as he calls it.
Description: See picture above.

Additional Suit Information: Due to the high amounts of wiring and metalwork Hunter would be a very useful lightning rod. To counteract this there is a thin layer of rubber on the inside of the suit. This by no means stops the electrical attack though, it just dampens them enough to rendered nonlethal.

Last edited by Hunter Kieff on September 4th 2011, 8:53 pm; edited 6 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hunter Kieff~ You punch me in the face, I'll laugh it off. I punch you in the face, your head explodes.
Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 50
Humor : Anything really.
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Back to top Go down

Hunters Equipment Empty Re: Hunters Equipment

Post by Hunter Kieff August 25th 2011, 10:57 pm

Le Bump

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hunter Kieff~ You punch me in the face, I'll laugh it off. I punch you in the face, your head explodes.
Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff August 27th 2011, 3:54 pm

Bump

Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 3rd 2011, 4:52 pm

Too much for 4 INT, Your durability is 2, you cant have a suit that gives you the equivalent of about 4 constantly, plus everything else it does, tone it down

Hunters Equipment Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff September 3rd 2011, 5:13 pm

Do what extent do you think I should tone it down in order to be accepted at 4 int?

Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow September 3rd 2011, 5:20 pm

I dunno if Da Boss knows, or if I'm even right about this, but it seems like most of these items are just new ways to enhanced/use your EP power. And they all have pretty long cool-downs so I don't think that they need to be toned down, but Da Boss is right about the constant endurance boost. You cannot create a suit that gives you a constant boost to your stats, unless your normal powergrid is less then the max, and you are just making up for the points. But in your case, you already have a full grid. So you'll have to drop the padding; however you can keep the part about the lightning rod because that seems like it'd be a RP reason for your character to not die in a unfortunately situation.

Other then that your other items all seem fine for 4 INT and their strengths are all fair, so after you take out that padding part, as long as Da Boss doesn't have anything else to add, I'll approve.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
Hunters Equipment Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 3rd 2011, 7:34 pm

No everything else is fine, I was just saying the armor boost on top of everything else was a bit much, everything else seems fine with the stats you have

Hunters Equipment Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff September 4th 2011, 4:20 am

Changes made

Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss September 4th 2011, 11:32 am

Your mask and gloves still have a shielding ability, also your suit gives you bonuses against lightning, fire, and ice, choose one of those, drop the others, also your suit still gives you a higher durability, It almost looks like you just added things

Hunters Equipment Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff September 4th 2011, 1:04 pm

Okay, so the way I have it set up defensively is that when an attack strong enough to set off the nodes they release energy to dampen the blow enough so Hunter takes as little damage as possible. If he were punched by someone with super strength it would still hurt like a mother, but it wouldn't kill him. Once fired off the nodes in that part of the suit are shut down in order to cool leaving him open to the full force of the attack.

Is that still a constant boost?

Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow September 4th 2011, 7:58 pm

The nodes are still to powerful for only 4 INT. My 6 INT armor only absorbs any 1 hit, then it has to recharge. The way you've describe yours, you can get shot by a rail-gun repeatedly and not be effected, and barely have to recharge time at all.

I think if you want a defense mechanism to match your level of INT, you should make the nodes all share a cool-down, have a much longer cool-down, and they should always have to recharge after you get hit. That's the only way I see these being fair, and even with those drawbacks it would be a great item for someone with only 4 INT.

Gadgets,
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunter Kieff September 4th 2011, 9:00 pm

Okay so now in defense it takes two to three more posts to cooldown before another use and it can only withstand one attack before the process begins.

Hunters Equipment Hunter
Hunter Kieff
Hunter Kieff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow September 4th 2011, 10:09 pm

Looks good to me now. As long as Da Boss has nothing else to add, approved and moved.

Gadgets,
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top