The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
coil - The Coil I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
coil - The Coil I_vote_lcapcoil - The Coil I_voting_barcoil - The Coil I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Coil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

coil - The Coil Empty The Coil

Post by The Coil July 14th 2011, 11:43 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: The Coil
Title: The Digger (what he's usually referred to in the local news)
Alignment: Villain
Race: Caucasian (Russo-American)
Hair: Black (Naturally Brown)
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs.

Costume Description/Image: coil - The Coil Shockwave
Spoiler:

Personality: Constantine has always been a quiet and uncaring individual. His hatred and lack of a relationship with his parents led to the development of an anti-social lifestyle, causing him to be a bit of a loner. While only caring for himself, he is not self-centered in an arrogant sense. Rather, he cares little for the troubles of other and only commits to what he thinks benefits him or makes him feel good. Constantine's uncaring attitude can be seen as a total lack of sympathy or empathy; bordering on that of a sociopath. Constantine has a dark sense of humor and only finds true joy in the physical and emotional pain of others. Tragedy is comedy to him. While he comes off as a calm and collected individual, this is far from the truth. Constantine is a simmering pot of rage, and there's no telling when he's going to blow. He masks his deep, inner hatred with a mask of lucid placidity that can quickly be broken as soon as things don't go the way he wants them to. He only talks when he feels there is something worth saying and will usually not respond when talked to; unless a response is absolutely imperative. If he goes after someone in particular he is always sure to hit his enemies where it hurts, because he feels that breaking the spirit is altogether more painful than breaking the body. He knows from experience.

History:
Born on February 1st, 1999 in Brooklyn, New York, Constantine Ramislov was a Russo-american boy born into a poor home. His mother, Aleksandra, addicted to prescription drugs, was never home due to having to work several jobs to support Constantine and his deadbeat, alcoholic father, Ivan. From a very young age, Constantine kept himself busy by reading lots of books. He spent more of his time at the local library rather than dealing with his horrible and abusive homelife. One thing that had always fascinated him was space. He swore from a very young age that one day he would join the ranks of the astronauts and live his dream of going up into space. Little did he know, but that dream would come true.

By the age of 24, Constantine had left his tragic and horrible childhood behind him and became one of the biggest rising stars among NASA's space program. However, despite finally working for NASA, he had yet to live his dream of actually going into space. It wasn't until the reopening of the Apollo program in 2024 that Constantine finally got the opportunity to go to space. He was the premier astronaut that was going to go up on Apollo 18 with his fellow crew mates to do something never done on any past Apollo mission. The crew of the Apollo 18 would use a specialized and extremely advanced space suit that, through the use of numerous powerful drilling tentacles, would excavate and drill into the surface of the moon to try and uncover weather anything of scientific value lay beneath the moon's rocky surface. Constantine volunteered to be the operator of the suit.

On April 24th, 2026, the Apollo 18 launched at exactly 8:00 AM. Upon the shuttle's arrival on the moon, excavation began. The suits powerful drilling tendrils easily drilled deep into the surface of the moon and they were starting to come upon minerals and materials never before seen. On the third day of the mission, control told them that there was an approaching solar wind and that it was advised to cut end the mission early. Constantine refused to return to the shuttle, saying that we must make sacrifices for the good of science. Upon returning to the surface of the moon after a hard days excavation period, solar wind engulfed the surface of the moon. Constantine, not inside the protection of the shuttle, was engulfed in the solar radiation, only protected from near death by the incredibly advanced suit he wore. The Apollo 18 mission was canceled and Constantine's unconscious body was taken back by the rest of the Apollo 18 crew to earth.

Constantine awoke two weeks later from a coma. The doctors told him that the solar radiation had completely sealed the suit closed around his body and that there was no way to remove it without killing him. Though he begged and pleaded that they look into a way to remove the suit from his body, they told him that there was no way and that he would be bound in the suit for the rest of his life. Finally, as if to put a nail in the coffin, he had been informed that because of his negligence and refusal to obey a direct order from control, that he was fired from the space program as he was a liability. Enraged that everything he had ever loved had just been taken from him, he murdered everyone in the room. The drilling tentacles burst from their ports all over his body; throwing, impaling, and strangulating the innocent bystanders. His dreams crushed, his empathy and sympathy broken, and a numbing hatred now completely consuming him, Constantine had only one choice: To show the world the pain of losing everything; to suffocate them in the coils of his hate.

Powers:

Driller Suit: The Coil's suit is a highly advanced cybernetic tool used for the excavation of rock, metals, and other tough materials in a zero-gravity environment, however it was full designed for use on planets with a normal gravity. The suit is made of a durable titanium weave fiber that is tougher than steel. It is also resistant to heat, cold, and pressure, making The Coil very durable. The Coil is also capable of surviving for up to three hours without oxygen since the suit was designed to be used in areas in space or deep-sea. The suit sacrifices actual eye ports for a cybernetic implant (the red "eye" on the center of the forehead) that allows The Coil to "see" above ground when burrowing through the use of a scanning system that creates a sophisticated 3D map of his surroundings. If functions exactly as normal eyes in every other regard, however, strong electrical interference can cause his map, and therefore his sight, to be scrambled. If the suit is over exerted, or put under extreme conditions such as heat, cold, or otherwise for an over-extended period of time, it can begin to overheat. This causes an automatic failsafe action which causes the mechanics in the suit to systematically shut down in order to cool off and restart.

Driller Tendrils: The Coil's suit is a highly advanced cybernetic tool used for the excavation of rock, metals, and other tough materials. Fitted within this suit are dozens of mechanical drilling tendrils that are housed within small ports located all over the body of the suit. These tendrils are made of a bound and reinforced titanium alloy, and like the suit itself are highly resistant to heat, cold, and pressure. The tendrils have varying thicknesses depending on where on the body they are housed (Ones located on the arm ports may have the thickness of a garden hose, while those located on the torso may be as thick as the thick end of a baseball bat.) The tendrils have multiple combat and utility purposes. They are incredibly powerful, easily being capable of lifting and throwing up to 50 tons if enough tendrils are put to the task. They are also very dexterous, allowing them to strangle, constrict, and restrain enemies. The drilling mouth at the end of each tendril is covered in razor-sharp teeth that can rend flesh in seconds and metal in minutes. Each tendril can extend to a maximum of approximately 40 feet from The Coil's body. The tentacles are incredibly durable, and nigh invulnerable. The main source of weakness is their susceptibility to overheating if put under too much pressure, as well as the less armored drilling mouth at the end of each tendril, which is lit by a dimly glowing red light. By releasing all the driller tendrils from their ports and enveloping his body in them, he can effectively dig through almost any material, with the exception of very thick metal, at speeds of up to 28 miles per hour. When in this "dig mode" he takes on the appearance of a swarm of mechanical worms. (If anyone has problems understanding what the tendrils look like, take a look at this picture.)

Power Grid: (I am unsure whether the digging counts as pseudo-flight, so I incorporated a one point handicap just in case. If the handicap is not necessary, I'd like to put another point in Strength or Speed.)
coil - The Coil Coilgr10

Roleplay Sample: (If new or new character)

Last edited by The Coil on July 20th 2011, 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total
The Coil
The Coil

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 26
Humor : Ironic
Registration date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

coil - The Coil Empty Re: The Coil

Post by Danger July 16th 2011, 12:12 am

Looks good. Tell rinne the color you want your powergrid to be.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top