The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_vote_lcapThe Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_voting_barThe Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_vote_lcapThe Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_voting_barThe Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) Empty The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off)

Post by Arcana May 14th 2011, 12:54 pm

Dark storm clouds loomed over the puddle filled floodplain.Like an omen of doom or an arrow poised to strike.
Everything was like in a hush of awe.Nothing made a sound only the silent sound of rain landing in the numerous puddles.
A lone man was running through the mud, almost tripping with each step because of the the mud. It seemed
he might collapse from exhaustion. He wore tattered blue leather armor ,and a sky blue leather helmet .A small cloth pouch hung to his side that held something radiating a black,evil aura. That was seeping through the cloth itself, strange shadow looming behind him stalking him.I t wasn't shaped like a bird ,but something else .Something evil almost demonic. In the next moment the man tripped falling face first into the mud, as the shadow landed .It was a reptilian creature, large with wings, thick black scales,and glowing demonic red eyes."Finally i've caught this pathetic worm"it growled as it jabbed its claws into the mans back. He screamed in agony as the claws shattered his spine. Blood poured from his back staining the mud into like a pinkish color. Its tail began digging into the pouch on his side. It then pulled out a glowing black orb of jet.
"Now the power that is rightfully mine is now back in my claws "it growled happily before taking to flight. A flash of thunder struck the ground creating a smoking crater where the body of the dieing man layed.Corpse reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes and the creature was long gone.

A large sky blue city stood in the center of a green plain.Many buildings jutted inside the exspansive outer walls of the city of Aquaria.The capitol city of the country of water.The houses ranged from small to large. All of the largest buildings lay in the center of the city. While the smallest were on the outer sections of the city. Streets ran through the city like the veins in a living being. Only two gates led into the city.The north gate named The gate of Wells, south gate called the gate
of floods. A strange man in a black robe was approaching the south gate.His face concealed by the long flowing hood
that cast a shadow over his face.Only two guards were stationed at the gate this time of the day.Which was
noon with the sun directly overhead.One was a youth barely even 20.The other a seasoned veteran around
his 60s.Complete opposites in about every way.From experience to their facial hair.The youngest stood on the right.
While the older one stood on the left.

"Halt who goes there"The youngest guard said with all of the authority he could muster.Which in fact wasn't
much.The hooded man stopped undaunted by the young man."I'm sorry friend ,but you must remove your hood"
The older guard apologized.The robed complied and pulled the hood off of his head.He had long blonde hair that draped
over his face,strange dull blue eyes the were like stale water."Please state your buisness we don't want any trouble"the older guard asked with still a tone of politness. "Well i've heard that the king is hosting a royal ball open to the public" He hinted wiping his hair out of face. "Indeed he is. Hope you stay out of trouble don't want to waste good arrows on you"The older guard warned. He pulled a grey lever.Causing the old wooden gate to rise.

The outer ring of the city is known for being a haven for beggars or the homeless. Dirty shacks lined the street.Constructed of rotten wood and rusty sheets of metal. Everyone living in the outer ring wore dirty,tattered rags that barely covered thier bodies.People of every age suffered in this section of the city.The only thing that seperated the differant sections of the city are thick motes filled with demonspawn called hellsharks.The only way across them was a bridge that were to be dropped.Which on this day all were lowered for the occasion this day.
Zin walked down the dirty streets of the outer ring looking only forward.The beggarslooked his way their Scab covered hands raised towards him asking for gold,silver,or copper pieces.The seperating line between the middle andouter ring was in sight.Something that was a welcome sight to Zin.
The middle ring was far different than the outer ring of the city,and twice the size.The houses instead of being made of rotting wood and rusty metal.Were made of strong durable white clay from the kingdom of Earth.In the center of the middle ring is a lake called The lake of the abyss.The lake recived its name because of the portal to Hell on its bottom.The kingdom used to throw condemned prisoners through the portal as a way of punishment.Though nowadays that is banned because of how cruel it is.Now they just execute them like the other kingdoms do.
Zin slowly walked through the slightly clean stone paved street examining the buildings he passed by.A young woman examined him on an oak bench beside the lake of abyss as she read a thick black book.She looked around twelve with auburn hair ,amber eyes that were almost gold,and wore a dark blue robe with light blue trimming.She looked around 5'6 slightly thin and freckles were covering her cheeks.

The streets were buzzing with activity.People were preparing for the upcoming ball tonight at the castle.Dressing up in their finest probably to try to impress the king.Also a rumor had been spread that the kings daughter Emilia was of age to be married.Though rumors from beggars are not always true.A cool breeze blew through the hevaly crowded streets.Carrying with it a strange yet familar scent.The scent came from ahead.A young man around 17 stood on a corner.He had deathly pale skin offset by his inky black hair.Pale gold eyes that seemed to glow with a radiance.His pink pale lips seemed stuck in an eternal frown.He was wrapped in a fire red formal gown trimmed with silver silk.Young women shot glances at him probably admiring him.yet something felt very wrong about him.As if he had the stench of death all over him.His gaze was partially averted towards Zin as if he was targeting him.

Today was like any other day. Someone would die this day. It was like any normal assassination assignment given to Kallen. An initiate in the covenant of blood. An organization of vampires in the country of Darkness.He was there on orders from a superior vampire to kill a certain person.Elder Lucien had personally given him the order. His target was a man named Zin Kall. So right now he was just scoping out his target. He glared at the man in the blue cloak carefully. For any flaws in his stance or how he carried himself. Though none were apparent at the moment. There weren't even any weapons on him. Though looks can be decieving.

The sunlight seemed bright today.Something Kallen truely hated.Sunlight was one of the few things that could take a vampires strength away.Along with silver blessed at an altar of light.It would be much easier if this asignment was at night.That was when a vampire was at their strongest.Especially at the full moon .Kallen slipped his left hand into his robe.Grasping the handle of a dagger.Maybe if he could catch him off guard he could stab the dagger into his back.Regretfully it wouldn't be that easy.Never really was though."You won't be able to take him in the sunlight"A familar voice lectured.Taking Kallen competely by suprise."Lucien what the hell are you doing here"He muttered his voice full of venom.He turned around quick to see the tall vampire elder.Their pale golden eyes met.His bright red hair seemed like a live fire in the bright sun."Lotre suggested that I accompany you.She tends to worry about you"Lucien explained."Sure make up excuses.You know she doesn't care about me that much"Kallen snapped.Lucien frowned disapointed by his rudeness."Its best you wait until the royal ball to make your attack"Lucien suggested shruging.Even though he didn't like it.Kallen allowed his target to pass by him.

While the vampires spoke another figure lurked in the shadows.A female elf of about eighteen years.Her hair was a light sandy brown that hung down to her waist.Her skin was an olive compexion that matched her deep emerald green eyes.She was covered mostly with a thin black cloak to conceal any weapons.She seemed to be watching Zin with interest and curiosity."The target is in my sights"She muttered as if talking to someone.Her thin pink lips curled into a faint smile.In the next moment a loud trumpet peirced the air.Silencing the loud crowd.Something like a parade began proceding through the town.The procession was full of marchers playing different instruments.Near the end was a pale woman being carried by four servants.She was clothed with an expensive looking silk dressed.Adorned with many fragments of the darkest onyx.She was the represenative of the country of Darkness.Maybe to be one the witnesses of the treaty.She had long silver blonde hair that sharply contrasted her blood red eyes.She seemed perfect in every way possible.She is Lotre the personal advisor to the king of darkness himself,and secretly an elder of the vampire organization the covenant of blood.Beside her was a man with long browne hair and deep blue eyes.That was her husband Tobias another of the four elders.That was only one of the many royal processions to come.

Behind Lotre was a procession six times the size hers.In the center of it sat a boy around twelve with pure silver hair and silver eyes.He was surrounded by one hundred armed guards ready to jump to his defence.A young man in his early thirties sat beside him.Covered in thick black plate mail and thin black hair on his head.His pensive green eyes scanning the crowd for anything suspicous."Prince are you enjoying yourself"the older man inquired turning his gaze towards the boy.The boy didn't answer only looking forward at the mamoth castle at the center of the inner ring.His mind seemed empty like the void.Devoid of a single thought.The procession only took minutes to reach the gate between the middle ring and the inner ring.The gates were already wide open in anticipation for them.As the procession passed by Zin he only gave it a single uninterested glance.

Ignoring the "Parade" Zin walked onward not wanting to waste any time.Not many foreigners are invited to a Royal ball."More pointless festivities"Zin sighed pulling his hood over his head.The atmosphere of the city suddenly became strangly cool.As if a great evil had appeared in an instant.Filling the city with a vast amount of dark energy."Well hello Zin it's been quite a while hasn't it"A seductive female voice cooed.A slim figure clothed in shadow appeared from around the corner.Her face covered with her hood.Only the lower part of her mouth showed.Reveling lips as red as ripe cherries twisted in a smile and olive colored skin."So your'e still alive eh Rihannon"Zin said as if he knew her.He drew a hidden short sword intending to remove her head.Instead it met resistence as she caught with her bare hands.Yanking the blade out of Zin's hand and delivering a devastating with her knee to his chin."Still as weak as ever"She muttered to herself as Zin stumbled back into a wall.
While the two fought a strange figure looked over the fight.It was human shaped but covered in jet black scales, two large black wings jutted out of its back ,and a long black tail coiled around it's body."The elf isssss doing better than i expected.THough I guessss thatsss what isss to be expected of the assassssin Rihanon of the crimssson blade"It whispered to itself in a hissing tone.

The girl sitting by the lake mumbled to herself as she read the thick black book.She was just barely tall enough for her feet to touch the ground.So they just hung there scraping against the vibrant grass jutting out of the crisp earth.As her eyes scanned the page she hummed a melody to herself slightly swaying her head side to side.Thick auburn curls bouncing along to the rythm.A small lime green bird sat on her shoulder cirping happily, sometimes just fluttering it wings."I wonder who that guy in the black was.Doesn't look like anyone from around here"She wondered still half thinking about the spell book in hand.Her name is jade Phare of the Phare Family.A prominent and wealthy family in the city and country.Most either became councel members or aids to the king himself.(Except for one though he is a different story.)Jade had a different idea for her life.She wanted to be so much more.As such she disdained the extravagent parties of the city calling them "pointless".Sometimes wishing she could conjure a meteor to destroy the city and everyone inside.Though no thanks to the prodding of her mother she ends up going to the parties she hates so much anyway.Tonight once again she was cajoled into the ball happining this night."So what do you plan to wear for the ball"A female voice asked curious.Jade turned to the bird on her shoulder."I don't really know yet"Jade admitted with a grin."Hopefully you find out soon.Your'e mother will be crossed if she finds out you don't have a dress prepared"The bird continued to remind her.Jade only nodded in recognition.

"Damn her"Zin cursed wiping blood from a cut on his cheek.The woman who had attacked him had left only slighltly cutting his cheek.Sweat poured profusely from his forehead into his eyes.He muttered words in an unknown language rapidly placing his right index and middle finger on the cut.Green light emanating from his fingers .Slowly causing the cut to close.Disapear as if had never happened in the first place."Just another assassin"Zin grunted finally wiping off any remaining blood before leaving the ally.Fortunatly noone in the city saw what had transpired.Which meant none of the annoying city guard or pointless jail time.Now he had his target the castle at the center of the inner ring.Nothing would stop him from getting there.

"Jade are you ready"A tall middle aged woman called.She looked like what Jade would in about 20 years.Her hair a livid red hung down to her waist."Yes mom"Jade replied walking out through a large oak door.She wore a jade green dress lavishly covered in crushed jade.Long silken gloves a light green matching the sparkling green crystal slippers.Her long auburn hair combed straight flowing down slender beautiful shoulders.Though the stark disapointed frown on her face belied the facade."Can we just get this over with" Jade complained hands on her hips.Her mother sighed fully familer with Jades pessimistic behavior about the balls thrown by the king."Yes we can"She sighed to her daughter as they walked through the front door of their lavish estate.Tonight would be a tiring night for both

The moon hung over the city like a luminescent coin.Reflecting the light from an unknown source of radience.That caught the eye of anyone who looked up into the heavens.As if caught into some sort of trance.Eyes wide open staring into the twinkling exspanse of the sky.Bright light emanating from the center of the city like a beacon visible from miles around. Which usually caught the atention of bandits and raiders.Though the city guards usually deterred any assualts.Out of the center of the city jutted a massive structure of blue.Gleming like a newly polished jewel.Torches gleaming brighltey almost as if the castle was on fire."Wow its as big as i was told"Zin muttered to himsef as he walked down the white washed path towards the castle.Taking slight glances at the immense garden the expanded in front of the compound.Crowds of people of all ages gathered at the front gate waiting for the castle to become open to the public.Blurs of red,blue,green,and other colors were gathered pretty much into one point."This will be a long night"Zin said to himself before approaching the crowd.

"Damn there are so many people"A short girl in a thin blue strapless dress complained.Her long light blue hair spilling down her slender back.Complementing her sapphire blue eyes that could peer into your soul.Arms crossed across her chest.Beside her was a short man in a light black robe.His medium length brown hair contrasting the darkness of night."Theres no reason to be suprised Theresa. This is a ball open to the public"He reminded brown-green eyes examining the castle."Whatever"Theresa pouted puffing out her lips.Turning her head the other way.Suddenly the silence was shattered by the sound of trumpets blaring.Everyone turned to see the front gate of the castle slowly lowering down.As even more ligh pored from the castle.making tha area in front of the castle almost as bright as the day.The ball was now beggining.
"Finally"Jade sighed as the gates slowely opened.feeling for the spell component pouch she usually carried.You never know what type of creeps the are in this world.Thats her excuse for carrying it around."Come on dear"Her mother called motioning her onward.Jade sighed before complying as they entered the pristine walls of the castle.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on June 26th 2011, 11:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off) Empty Re: The Orb Chronicles CH 1 (Its old so spelling and spacing are off)

Post by Ember_Fangs May 14th 2011, 1:09 pm

I really like the story idea (: You describe things well but you've repeated a few paragraphs so you might wanna edit them out. ^-^

To improve on it, don't use as many full stops. Try to widen your punctuation using comma's, colons and the such, to make it more interesting to read for the reader. It will grip their attention better to combine two short sentences into one long one.

^_^ Keep working on it!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top