The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_vote_lcapTrouble in the park (open to all) I_voting_barTrouble in the park (open to all) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Trouble in the park (open to all) I_vote_lcapTrouble in the park (open to all) I_voting_barTrouble in the park (open to all) I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Trouble in the park (open to all)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trouble in the park (open to all) Empty Trouble in the park (open to all)

Post by SpectrumAngel May 11th 2011, 8:58 pm

The summers sun and the happy chirruping of birds filled the park, the noise and bustle of the city giving way to the natural sanctuary. The manicured shrubbery and paved trails providing an open invitation to all who wished to take advantage of it.
A slim young woman stretched at the park entrance, her red hair pulled back in a sleek ponytail, her running clothes were fashionably short and tight. An iPod in her sleeve was tinnily blasting techno music into one ear, the other earbud dangling loose around her neck. Kerry stretched her neck a little bit then started to jog down the nearest trail at a slow and easy pace. She easily navigated her way around the other people along the trail. A refreshing scent of cut grass and ozone came from the thin white smoke puffed from her every time she exhaled, though she hardly noticed it herself. To look at her she seemed completely oblivious to the world.
A rather sloppy looking jogger followed her down the trail, never getting too close or falling too far behind. His greasy unkempt hair, 3 day stubble, and sweat stained track suit weren't nearly as off putting as the fixated look in his eyes. His right hand never left his pocket, tightly gripping the gun he concealed.
Kerry continued to jog, she had a vague feeling of being followed, but casually continued her run. She knew the park was completely public, the trail she was on being one of the more popular ones, and there was a very real chance she was being paranoid. Kerry hadn't even really broken a sweat yet, and she was confident if she really had to she could outrun someone. The trail ahead split into two paths, one continued along the main road and the other down a much less frequented and rougher path. Kerry turned down the narrower path.
A creepy smile came across the gun mans face as he turned down the path behind her, picking up his speed a bit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trouble in the park (open to all) 2vai8ewTrouble in the park (open to all) Angeljpz
SpectrumAngel

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Trouble in the park (open to all) Empty Re: Trouble in the park (open to all)

Post by Guest May 11th 2011, 11:38 pm

(Join?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 12th 2011, 1:54 am

(You don't even have to ask. BTW, gunman is just a random thug getting his hate on for super people.)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trouble in the park (open to all) 2vai8ewTrouble in the park (open to all) Angeljpz
SpectrumAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX May 12th 2011, 9:40 am

A summer breeze passed by Jack as he sat beneath a tree lost in his thoughts. Real people called it meditating, and Jack was hoping that he to could copy the process in order to access any sort of lost databank hidden inside his memory but as always he couldn't see anything before he woke up in New York. He had walked a long way since than, and had visited many parks to watch real people enjoy each others company. He felt so drawn to those people, yet when he observed them it would only fuel his loneliness. The android was glad he found this path which broke off from the main trail, for he needed some sort of escape from his on self pity.

Looking up into the sky through the beams of sunlight pierceing through the tree leaves he could see a flock of birds passing over in a good formation but by his calculations far from perfect. Finally, he began to feel at ease as he looked back down to watch other animals wondering around him. One thing which always made him feel comfortable was that animals didn't fear him. He concluded it was either because they knew he couldn't be a predator or they simply could sense anything from him because he was not a real person.

A squirell dropped onto his shoulder, suprising him at first but then he allowed it to crawl into his hand. He smiled at the creature, "Hey...how are you?" Jack didn't realize how strange it would be for him to speak to an animal, but at that moment it was the closest thing to a friend he had. The squirell wiggled its nose and jumped from his hand to cross the street. Jacks' ears picked up on the sound of foot steps, someone was approaching.
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 12th 2011, 7:40 pm

The gunman panted heavily, sweat pouring off his brow in buckets as he followed Kerry down the twisting path. Mostly from the excitement of what he knew he was about to do. "Hey!" He yelled at Kerry's back, gripping his piece tightly. "Hey!" He yelled again more loudly this time.
Kerry glanced over her shoulder as the stranger called out to her, slowing a little. Unsure if she was the one being addressed, or what he wanted. Her scent became the acidic sourness of apple cider vinegar and her smoke a dark grey.
The gunman, furious and impatient shouted at her. "Hey! You stop right there bitch!" He whipped the gun out pointing it at her.
Kerry whirled around, time seemed to stand still as she faced the gunman. Her heart pounded against her chest like a jackhammer, she held her breath tightly. She felt the tickle in her face like a stuck sneeze as her body primed itself for a reaction, but she kept it in, paralyzed like a deer caught in headlights.
"That's right you fucking bitch, you're gonna fucking die today whore." The man waved the piece menacingly. "And I'm gonna fuck you up first." He lunged forward, grabbing for her.
Kerry was shocked into action. She yelped as she exploded like a gale force sneeze, suddenly filling the area around her with an ever expanding amount of thick black smoke. She ducked down quickly, covering her head. The gunman fired a reaction shot in surprise.
He coughed heartily, choking on the smoke, "where 'ya at slut?" He was staggering around, blindly groping for her. "It's time for you to die smoky bitch!"

SpectrumAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX May 13th 2011, 9:15 am

Something was wrong, as the foot steps stopped and someone yelling followed. Jack stood from his comfortable sweet, and intentation from his sheer weight left behind in the ground as he made his way towards the sound cautiously. Suddenly, he heard a gun shot and he picked up his pace as tried to go see what was happening. Blindly, he ran into a fog of black smoke and stopped as he tried to see through the thick cloud. Then he heard the violent calls of a man who seemed be searching for a female dog, a prostitute, and a woman who seemed to sleep with a lot of men. After processing the words, Jack was capable to conclude that he was actually throwing out insults towards one singular person who was more than likely a woman.

As the breeze began to clear the smoke from the area, Jack felt himself bump up against someone standing and was shocked by the sudden human contact. "pardon me" Was all he could think of saying, as he tried to make out who he had just bumped into.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 13th 2011, 1:09 pm

Today was an unpleasent day for Sean. Mostly cause of the sun. Even in the early morning. He was on one of his occasional sporratic trips across the country. Which Brightside never had a problem with. As long as it had a reason to it. Well he had a little buisness in the city. Which could wait till later. He was first going on a little jog. Which he needed to keep in what little shape he was in.

He wore his usual. Tight black jeans with ripped up knees. Skin conforming graphic tees. Black hair with blonde highlights swept to the side. Greyish eyes sweeping over the park. He was doing a nice little excercise. Well it was that way till he heard a decent amount of pointless cursing. Which drew his attention. As he ran into a large cloud of smoke. Fanfuckigntastic. Now he couldn't see worth shit. "Wonderful." Sean grumbled. He had to be the hero. Always jumping in to help people Maybe one day people couldn't be so damn weak. Till then he was there. Kicking ass and griping like a bitch. So he groped in the smoke till he felt his hand grab someone. He was sweaty and dirty. So Sean tightened his grip on the arm. Not enough to break it, but enough to where he couldn't get away. "Well look who I found "Sean mused raising an eyebrow. Now lets see this guy get away. Sean after all assumed he was the source of the smoke and the gunshots. So he felt it was his duty to kick his ass for ruining his day
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 13th 2011, 10:32 pm

Kerry's world felt ironically clearer, it always did after she blew up. Her mind was sharper, her sense of bearing improved. She was already back up; her earlier panic replaced with a rational but rapidfire assessment of her options. She chucked her iPod aside hastily, the music now just an annoyingly loud distraction to her. Her heart still pounded with fear, but it was a fear she could control. She could sense where the gunman was in relation to herself, where all the trees with low hanging branches were and the level of the ground beneath her feet.
Her train of thought barrelled down the tracks. 'Smoke's gonna take awhile, but there's a breeze. Shit, not much time. Fucking skitzoid. Run? No, he'll follow and surprise isn't gonna work twice. Hide? Maybe, but there's not a lot to work with. Charge? Hell no, he'll totally shoot me! Cops? Not soon enough! Okay, run and hide, best bet, GO!' She twisted around to start running when she felt the bump.
It felt like she'd just turned full force into a brick wall. She rolled with her momentum and managed to stay upright, though she didn't even move the suddenly appearing man shaped obstacle.
"Pardon me."
She reacted by shoving where she estimated the shoulder of the man-shaped thing to be, trying to push him down or shove him aside. "Get down! Gun!" She wasn't sure what or who exactly she'd bumped into, but she had to warn them anyways. She was already starting to duck past the obstacle when she could hear a surprised yell from the armed psycho and the voice of another comer. It sounded male, but young.
"Well look who I found."

The gunman squirmed against the vice like grip on his arm. He struggled in vain to twist the gun around or shoot it again, anything, but the grip was too much for him. "Ay! Hey let me go!" A pathetic wheedling tone coloured his voice, "you don't get it!" He practically frothed at the mouth, "she's evil! That bitch's the devil! She's got to die! You don't get it!" He twisted and struggled, oily sweat pouring off of him. He wheezed and coughed, but never stopped his tirade. "I been watching that whore for weeks! She aint right! Aint normal! I gotta kill her 'fore she pollutes the world! You see!? You see what she's done!?" He whined and begged, his voice rising in pitch as he spoke faster and faster. He rambled on, begging to get free. "They all pollute the world! She's gonna take all the air first! Gotta stop her!"

(OOC; btdubs the gunmans an open puppet, you can take him over if you think you have a good direction to take things in. On drugs, psychotic, racially motivated, that's all he is. Just a throw away action instigator.)

SpectrumAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX May 14th 2011, 6:38 am

"Get Down! gun!" A hand suddenly took hold of Jacks' shoulder and attempted to tug him down or move him from his current position. Instead, having determined a bit of what was happening, he moved around the girl placing her behind him. "Don't worry I won't let..." The smoke had cleared enough for Jack to make out two figures, a larger man in the grip of a smaller man squirming for freedom. In his hand was the weapon which had called Jack to all the action. Quickly, he walked forward taking hold of the handgun and pulling it from the mans loosened grip.

A quick scan of the mans body revealed the source of his actions, "Guns are dangerous sir, especially in the hands of a man whose had far to many drinks." Accessing the nearest wireless connection, Jack identified an A.A group in the near by area and pulled up an adress. "Friday nights a A.A meeting is held at the community center near main street during happy hour. Perhaps you should attend." Jack unloaded the gun and cleared the chamber before pocketing it in his hoodie. "You can let go of him now, he isn't a threat no longer." he said with a smile to the young man, who seemed to be adnormally strong for just a typical man but Jack was nobody to judge.
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 15th 2011, 6:06 pm

Well the guy was unarmed now at least. Which was a good thing. Didn't need him going around shooting people up. Would only cause trouble later if the guy did. though Sean wanted to snap his neck. Just a killer instinct though. Nothing more than that. Yet he didn't relent on his grip. Keeping the guy captive as he was. "I think your being toi leniant on this man. He had a gun and was trying to kill someone. I would say that deserves jail time, not A.A." He hated it when people didn't get what they deserved. He though this guy deserved an asskicking. Still he didn't know what the stranger could do. No need to test himself out here. Let a conversation flow. maybe he could learn more about this guy. After all best to know everything you can.
((OOC:sorry if its short))
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 16th 2011, 7:00 pm

Kerry stumbled forward a bit then turned to reappraise the situation. The blue haired guy had disarmed the man, and was speaking like a public service announcement. "Drunk!? You think he's just drunk!?" Kerry spluttered incredulously, "this mother fucker tried to SHOOT. ME. And you think all he needs is 12 steps?!" Thick dark orange smoke the scent of burning black licorice punctuated her words.
The greasy looking mans eyes were rolling wildly with fear, his panicked rantings becoming louder and more shrill. He was accusing everyone there of being devils, screaming about how he had to save the world from them. Even though the man was clearly subdued for the moment, Kerry still felt threatened.
She found herself agreeing with the young man who still had a hold of the violently insane man. "Don't get me wrong dude," she addressed the man with blue hair, "I'm glad you showed up. Both of you. But that guy's right, let the cops handle it. This asshole's gonna kill somebody." She looked skyward, her sensitive ears already picking up the distant sound of sirens. "They're gonna be here soon."
The man shrieked in rage, with a violent burst of energy he swung his fist wildly at the man holding his arm.

SpectrumAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX May 17th 2011, 8:26 am

"I guess you are right, he did break the law trying to do this woman harm" Jack crossed his arms and nodded in agreement before turning to the woman now plumming orange smoke from her mouth. "I'm sorry..." jack said empathically, only just now realizing that she wasn't bullet proof like himself. "If you'd like I could treat you to an icecream or..." Before Jack could finish he heard a ruffle as the drunkard began to swing his fist at the one holding him. "Wait don't!" Jack turned quickly, but wasn't close enough or in time to stop the man from attempting to slug his capture. He watched helplessly as more violence was sure to follow for the drunks actions.
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by SpectrumAngel May 19th 2011, 11:11 pm

(OOC; Sorry Wally, you're out. Got tired of waiting on you, thought we'd relieve you of the topic load.)

Kerry looked away from the scene of violence unfolding before her- this was not why she came to the park. She took a quick look around and satisfied herself that the gunman and the situation was under control. Well, as under control as midday violence could be.
"I'm out of here, I've got better things to do." She turned and started jogging easily down the trail, puffing the occasional indifferent plume of light orange. Kerry had been a little freaked out earlier, but now that she was no longer the target she could care less.
"So," she called to the odd blue haired guy, jogging backwards as she went. "You coming or what? It's a nice day, too nice to spend with the cops."

SpectrumAngel

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 19th 2011, 11:16 pm

((OOC: mkay. Spidey ))
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX May 21st 2011, 4:28 am

((Sorry for taking so long, busy =P))

A calm breeze blew against Jacks' clothing as he looked up into the blue sky to watch a single cloud over the sun casting a shadow onto the ground. Suddenly, he heard the woman call back to him as she started to jog briskly down the trail. 'Right thing to do would be to stay here and make sure everything went alright...' Jack slipped the gun out of his hoodie and dropped them to the ground. 'but she is right, I don't feel like staying.' Jack turned and held his hand up as if calling a taxi. "Sure thing, wait up!"

Without much effort Jack caught up to her, trying to make it seem like he was no faster than an average male and when he caught up he matched his pace with hers'. He offered a friendly smile and looked forward at the beautiful path before them. "I love places like these. You escape the modern world into the natural world but are still a part of both." Looking at the woman, he couldn't help but scan her quickly to determine her level of health and the source to her odd ability. He couldn't determine the source of her ability but was happy to see she was very healthy. "I guess that is why they put a park here though, right?" Unknowingly, Jack just 'checked' her out and wasn't aware that this sort of action could be taken negatively.
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum