The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» You're Kidding Me? Dragons? (Dregan)
Yesterday at 9:50 pm by Duo

» Even heroes need a vacation
Yesterday at 9:15 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Blood On The Ice
Yesterday at 9:02 pm by GamerXZ

» Terran
Yesterday at 8:22 pm by PoeticPlatypus

» Seismic (WIP)
Yesterday at 2:26 pm by ShroudedKonqueror

» A Book for demons (Pat)
Yesterday at 11:08 am by Shadowoof

» Club Step
Yesterday at 8:25 am by Bliss

» THE STARS ARE ALIGNING! BOWLING, PIZZA, MUSIC FOR ALL! WHAT A SNAZZY DEAL! A NEW SUPER-GROUP IS FORMED!
Yesterday at 1:14 am by serpentail

» Drunk and Looking for Jobs
Yesterday at 12:18 am by TravisHalls

» Trying to figure out how this hero stuff works
July 21st 2017, 1:03 pm by ShroudedKonqueror

» The Techno-Zone
July 20th 2017, 11:25 pm by Katrina A. Russel

» Sing It
July 20th 2017, 9:16 pm by GamerXZ

Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Top posting users this week

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Markus Lindon

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Markus Lindon

Post by Ceannairceach on April 12th 2011, 8:41 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: None
Title: Wealthiest Man of the Year, self-titled “Most Amazing Person of the Century,” The Fortunate Son(a general mocking term directed at him by social commentators)
Alignment: Crosses between Lawful and Neutral Evil
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Grayish black
Eyes: Gray
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 148 lbs

Costume Description/Image: No costume. See below character picture for his usual look.

Personality: Though when quiet he appears taciturn and modest, Lindon is, actually, quite egotistical and outgoing once he starts speaking. He has been described by a shrink as “The most self loathing, yet still somehow narcissistic bastard I have ever met”, right before said shrink quit the profession. He is also somewhat snarky and sarcastic, and prone to mocking his enemies, even though he fully recognizes this as horrible weakness and cliché. He also has a rather messy honor code, which shall be explained below.

History: Born, as his age suggests, fifty years ago to a wealthy business mogul. Lindon was the spawn of a tube and his fathers genetics, however, rather than a woman. He was the product of several genetic experiments to produce “the perfect heir”, a son of which his father, Arthur William Lindon, could be proud.

The experiments produced, in total, twelve children. However, of the twelve, only two were deemed “acceptable”; the other ten had various problems, usually in appearance or bodily structure, and were killed for this. His “brother” was injured in a test of his early skills. The injury, though not specified to Lindon, left the boy crippled for life, and he too was disposed of, leaving only Markus.

Markus was, from birth, taught to succeed his father. He was trained in unarmed and armed combat, usually in the form of martial arts. Though he is well trained, he was the model dealing with intelligence, not overall strength. His fighting skills were drawn from studying the techniques and practicing them, not some natural skill.

The genetic makeup of Lindon also made for some rather interesting developments; knowing that Markus' model would be lacking in strength, his genes were altered and tampered with to allow for him to heal naturally over a shorter period of time than natural. This provided the rather lucky side affect of making Markus age slower than was normal, thereby guaranteeing his father's legacy for years to come.

During his education at home(he was tutored by former college professors for the majority of his young life), he was never explicitly told what his fathers work was. However, from the things he was made to learn—physics and astronomy were the main focus points—he deduced that his father specialized in the up-and-coming market of space. He was also made to study history, Spanish, Latin, English, and French, and simple Mandarin, though he continued his education in Mandarin on his own after the tutor stopped coming.

Lindon's father, who was named to Lindon two years after his death as something other than “Father” as George Coolidge Lindon, died mysteriously in his sleep on Markus' seventeenth birthday. His will left everything to his mistress, which came under immediate protest due to his rather open statement that his unnamed and rarely seen son would be the heir to his fortunes.

Lindon,during a meeting with the woman, convinced her via trickery and logic to sign a waver, relinquishing any claim she had to the fortune and business. She, later that week, committed suicide, grieving over her lost lover. The details were never released to the public. Lindon has, several times, admitted before he quit drinking to have, and it is quoted, “murdered the evil bitch”, but witnesses never attest to this and it has never truly been documented, nor has he been officially accused.

Over the next few years, Lindon expanded his fathers business—a space contractor for the US government by the name of Aerospace North America—by expanding out of government contracts into other, corporate concerns. Using his fathers money and extra estates, Markus used shrewed and strong-armed business tactics to buy out smaller contractors, and invest in profitable, non-space ventures. He also earned several college degrees, most notably a PhD in physics from Harvard, and another in Astronomy from Yale.

He was often criticized for his “less than reputable” actions, such as outsourcing and cutting benefits for slacking workers, as well as going hardline against unions that went against his interests. He is also believed to be involved with many terror organizations and mercenaries, who he uses to destroy competition. Though this is very true, Lindon has made long efforts to cover his tracks.

In the last decade, Lindon's company—renamed Aerospace International—has spread to the for corners of the world, supplying many different space programs across the globe. His company now maintains a large portion of the International Space Station, and is the leader in funding, supplying and maintaining the first Commercial Space Station, offering tourist visits and various scientific institutes options for testing. He also operates, under the table, a large private security force, which, in coordination with the terrorist organizations and mercenary companies he funds, assists in knocking back competition and, form time to time, act as the force in which he uses to, as he calls it in one of his many small books on his life, “further his plans to rise into the political arena”.

Lindon has, recently, been spending large sums of money on corrupt business deals, in which he is using to further his political and economic agenda. So far, he has gathered an innumerable amount of money supposed to number upwards of a billion dollars, and has been named “Wealthiest Man of the Year” recently, though it is unknown if he still holds the title officially, even if he likes o think so.

Lindon has been deemed, by the general public, the “Fortunate Son” of the economic world, for he is assumed to have lived a rather carefree life, one that payed for his education and even his degrees. It is unknown to the general public that his father, contrary to popular belief, cared little for his son beside a tool in which to create a legacy, and that he was pushed since birth to be perfect, let alone that he has had to claw and climb his way to his current status.

It is best to be noted that his moral system is, somewhat, odd. For example, it is entirely acceptable, to him, to slaughter an entire village in the name of ones own advancement, but he finds it morally repugnant to attack women or children personally, or to not allow an executed man a last, reasonable, wish or words.

Powers: -Near-super intelligence. His mind works mechanically and fluidly, and he is a certified genius in many circles.
-Healing factor. His body, due to his genes being infused with those of various quickly-healing animals, heals quicker than the normal human. Not to the extent that he will not be effected by any attack, but he will heal most nonfatal wounds by the end of the day.

Power Grid:
STR: 2
SPD: 4
END: 4
INT: 6
EP: 2
FS: 4

Character Image/Description: Lindon. It should be noted that his hair is somewhat longer, however, and that he appears somewhat younger(man in picture is around sixty, while Lindon appears to be around his late thirties or early forties.)

Roleplay Sample: A rather large mansion stood atop a silent hill, the gray sky illuminated above it by the bright lights shining from the windows and flood lights that lined the top of the large building. A large metal fence, spiked at the top, surrounded the mansion in a long oval. Armed guards stood watch over the only gate, obvious firearms sitting in holsters at their sides. They wore what appeared to be police uniforms, minus the badges and decorations and in a light, sandy tan color. Both, by the way they stood and the way their faces glazed over the long road leading away from the house, were obviously trained killers, or at least guardsmen.

The mansion was a tall, gray building with a Mediterranean feel. Its walls were cement, it seemed, and though it was plain, it was quite beautiful when combined with the midnight tiles that covered the roof. Several pillars stretched up towards the night sky, holding up the roof over an open patio area. Under the stone and tiles sat two long tables at either side of the patio, along with a long garden in the center. A fountain sat in the dead center of this garden, sprinkling water into the sky in an elegant fashion, which was shaped like a swan.

Sprouting from the left-center of the mansion was a large stone tower, which somewhat contrasted, if only slightly so, with the rest of the house. The tower was circular and fat, akin to those that cornered the battlements of ancient fortresses. Windows opened the tower up every ten feet or so, right up until the top, where a large window opened most of the room inside up to the world.

The window allowed a shady figure to be seen staring out the window. He had his hands held behind his back, he seemed to be staring blankly across to the forest that started behind the fence marking off his estate. If one could enter the room, you could see he wore a finely tailored suit, black with no tie and a vest underneath his jacket. His glasses were lightly shaded, hiding his gray eyes. He wore a small frown on his face, but not, as it appeared, out of sadness; more out of curiosity. He seemed vastly interested in the land that was behind the, as he knew, electrified and alarmed fence that encircled his property.

A buzz sounded behind him, to which he turned and raised an eyebrow. From a small loudspeaker placed on his desk came the voice of an elderly woman, at least approaching her sixties, if not higher. She spoke in a raspy voice, the voice of a woman who had been smoking for the better part of her life. "Mister Lindon, your therapist is here to see you." Lindon could hear her breathing deeply and hardly on the other side. "I sent him up. He should be there any--"

The woman was interrupted by a knock on the door into the room, which led up a small set of stairs into the main circular room. He pressed down on the intercom button, saying with a sigh, "Thank you, Mrs. Pearce, but next time, please call me first. You know how horribly paranoid I can be." He took his hand off the intercom and sat down hardly, making his leather arm chair tighten as he made himself comfortable. He purposely drew the moment out, before he finally called out, "Come in, its open." He locked his fingers together, awaiting the eventual creak of the old door.

From the entryway came a balding man, around his late forties. He yelped in pain as he hid his head on the low door, to which Lindon smiled and called out, "Oh, by the way, I still haven't made the door frame bigger!" The balding man came up the stairs then, rubbing his head in pain. Lindon waved a hand towards one of the two seats before his paper-filled desk, both smaller versions of his grand armchair. "And what do you wish to talk about today, Mr. Goldwater?"

Goldwater sat down, rubbing his head and checking his hand for any blood. "Yes, well..." He coughed to clear his throat, his coughs hinting at some sort of illness or allergy. "I would like to start with a quick analysis of your addictions."

Lindon sighed deeply to this. He had been sober for more than a year now, and drug and tobacco free for almost six months. His only real problem left was a small gambling problem. "Must we do this every time you come here? I swear, you seem to have a fetish about my problems." The shrink ignored the comment, as he usually did when it came to this particularly estranged patient, and pulled a check sheet from his black, dirty suitcase.

"We have to, Mr. Lindon." He squinted to read, checking his breast pocket for something--Lindon assumed glasses. When his search came up fruitless, he swore under his breath, and moved the paper in and out until he found a place where he could see. "Okay now, lets see... How long have you been so--"

Lindon cut him off quickly, leaning his head on his hand and answering "One year."

"Er..." The therapist nodded, checking the box next to the question on his sheet. "Now, what activity in your life have you replaced drinking with?"

Lindon mocked thought, rolling his eyes around his head before answering slowly, "Sex. Lots and lots of kinky, unimaginable sex."

It was Goldwater's turn to sigh, checking a box and writing "Sarcastic response" next to it. "Fine. drugs did you use before coming clean?"

Lindon, again, answered quickly and clearly, methodically listing every drug he ever used. "Marijuana, brown brown, cocaine, heroine, aspirin, cough medicine, LSD, and various over the counter drugs."

Mr. Goldwater struggled to write down every drug, before finally just writing down "too many to number". He continued with, "Very good. Now, how long has it been since you've had any trouble with any bodily functions?"

'Define bodily functions." Lindon smiled widely, childishly expecting the shrink to answer.

"Well, er, I mean..." It was moments of awkward silence before he finally got the joke and his face became stern. "Oh, grow up, Lindon."

Laughing lightly, he

((OOC: Shall be continued. Must sleep.))

Last edited by Ceannairceach on April 13th 2011, 4:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ceannairceach

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Markus Lindon

Post by Guest on April 12th 2011, 8:49 pm

You have 21 points. You can still add in one more point to one of these categories. Also, you stated in his history that three boys had survived the experiment, and then his 'brother' was killed. This would leave two boys alive, so I think you screwed up and meant to say 2 boys survived the experiments.

You don't need to list superintelligence in your powers, like I said before.

I'm not sure if you can be declared 'wealthiest man of the world", but that's just me being uncertain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceannairceach on April 12th 2011, 8:56 pm

Nightkill wrote:You have 21 points. You can still add in one more point to one of these categories. Also, you stated in his history that three boys had survived the experiment, and then his 'brother' was killed. This would leave two boys alive, so I think you screwed up and meant to say 2 boys survived the experiments.

You don't need to list superintelligence in your powers, like I said before.

I'm not sure if you can be declared 'wealthiest man of the world", but that's just me being uncertain.
Really? I must have counted wrong.

Three? I could have sworn I said two... I must have thought to edit it, but forgot. Thanks.

Yes, I know, but I think it is important enough to be listed, at least for reference for my sake.

Bones and Jbronze said it wouldn't be a problem, but if anyone has a large problem with it, I can always change it to be more ambiguous.

Thanks plenty.
Ceannairceach

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 13th 2011, 12:22 am

You're welcome. My last question is- has your character has effectively made NASA his bitch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie on April 13th 2011, 4:25 am

Is he 50 or 54?

Also, do you want to finish your RP sample?

Otherwise, you're approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Quote : idk.

Female
Number of posts : 905
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceannairceach on April 13th 2011, 3:27 pm

Nightkill wrote:You're welcome. My last question is- has your character has effectively made NASA his bitch?
Not in the sense that he is the head, or anything of the sort, but he is the main supplier and a large "contributor" to NASA, so in a way, yes.
rinnegato wrote:Is he 50 or 54?

Also, do you want to finish your RP sample?

Otherwise, you're approved.
Fifty, I forgot to edit the start of the history. Thanks for telling me.

Yes, I would like to. It won't be much longer.

Thank you kindly.
Ceannairceach

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie on April 13th 2011, 3:46 pm

Cool. just let me know when it's done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ceannairceach on April 13th 2011, 4:29 pm

rinnegato wrote:Cool. just let me know when it's done.
Just finished, actually. Again, many thanks.
Ceannairceach

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie on April 13th 2011, 4:33 pm

Approved.

Super Cutie
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Female

Back to top Go down