The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» You're Kidding Me? Dragons? (Dregan)
Yesterday at 9:50 pm by Duo

» Even heroes need a vacation
Yesterday at 9:15 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Blood On The Ice
Yesterday at 9:02 pm by GamerXZ

» Terran
Yesterday at 8:22 pm by PoeticPlatypus

» Seismic (WIP)
Yesterday at 2:26 pm by ShroudedKonqueror

» A Book for demons (Pat)
Yesterday at 11:08 am by Shadowoof

» Club Step
Yesterday at 8:25 am by Bliss

» THE STARS ARE ALIGNING! BOWLING, PIZZA, MUSIC FOR ALL! WHAT A SNAZZY DEAL! A NEW SUPER-GROUP IS FORMED!
Yesterday at 1:14 am by serpentail

» Drunk and Looking for Jobs
Yesterday at 12:18 am by TravisHalls

» Trying to figure out how this hero stuff works
July 21st 2017, 1:03 pm by ShroudedKonqueror

» The Techno-Zone
July 20th 2017, 11:25 pm by Katrina A. Russel

» Sing It
July 20th 2017, 9:16 pm by GamerXZ

Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Top posting users this week

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Naruhiko, The Enlightened One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Naruhiko, The Enlightened One

Post by Ryvius on March 18th 2011, 4:17 am

Title: The Enlightened One; Leader of Kyuuism.
Alignment: Villain
Age: Age undetermined. He has been publicly active for at least 50 years. His followers believe him to be immortal.
Race: Possessed human.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'8''
Weight: 180 lbs

Costume Description/Image: Just wears plain brown robes.

Personality: Naruhiko's personality is completely dependent on which spirit has control of him at the time.
Agony- The public face of Naruhiko, and the dominant spirit. Agony is cold and calculating, but a skilled and personable speaker. Even without his powers, he is able to judge people and say just the right words to get the reaction he wants. A natural leader.

Bitterness- Seemingly apathetic, bitterness' true intentions are often hard to infer. Almost always working with an ulterior motive, bitterness often does things completely different from other personalities, even assuming identities and working with heroes.

Shame- A decidingly feminine personality . In fact, Naruhiko's body even transforms into a females when this spirit takes control. Shame is pushy, sexual, and manipulative. She often gets tunnel vision when she sets her eyes on a target, and can be extremely stubborn.

Revulsion-Revulsion is easily described as criminally insane, and lacks inhibitions. He cares for little more than painfully murdering the innocent and weak. Fortunately, he is rarely able to overpower the other personalities.

Resentment- The strong silent type, Resentment is the twin of bitterness and shares many personality traits with his brother. His lack of powers common among other personalities make him unique, human even.

Torment, The God of Nothingness- A being that only knows pain. Torment only wants to erase happiness and the existence of anything that doesn't know his pain, which is everything. He is not without the power to do such a thing either. Luckily, the world has never seen the likes of Torment. Naruhiko's cult shows no sign of stopping however, and it's anyone's guess how close he is to achieving his ultimate goal.....

History: At the North West base of Mt. Fuji in Japan, there lies a forest called Aokigahara. Also known by "The Sea of Trees" The density of the trees keeps any wind from blowing through, and there is virtually no wildlife. This forest is associated with death and demons, and not without reason. The forest is the second most popular location for suicide in the world. Signs in Japanese and English are posted throughout the forest urging people to reconsider their actions, but bodies are still found throughout the forest. The truth is, there are evil energies in the forest that draw out suicidal thoughts.

Recently, negative thoughts in the world have only been increasing. Almost everyone wishes in a part of his or her heart for death, and more and more this desire is growing in people. This has caused the major spirits in the Sea of Trees to gain in power and begin to move. About 100 years ago, these spirits chose a body hanging from a tree and possessed it. It adopted the name of the man the body originally belonged to, Naruhiko, but abandoned his family name. Naruhiko began working as a vagrant fortune teller. He used his trade, along with his mind reading abilities, to bring people to his cause. Slowly, he built a circle of devout followers that believed him to be a divine messiah. He built himself up in Japan, until his cult was a major presence there. In order to continue to grow while avoiding detection he traveled all around the world with his inner circle creating a presence of his cult in every major cult. He currently resides in the United States, where his cult's main temple is now located. His cult is no longer hidden from the public, but now is known about by the government and has been in the news enough to be fairly common knowledge. The size and influence of his organization is not known at all however.

He recruits new people to his cult everyday, and uses brainwashing methods along with his powers to create completely devoted followers. In his inner circle, he sometimes helps local spirits to possess people meaning cultists in the innermost circles often have their own supernatural powers. He uses his followers to commit murders and brutal crimes. Though most people believe his cult is behind such things, the law has never been able to link him to any murder. Even when the murderer is caught, Naruhiko claims that he was acting on his own. The organization is so large, it's close to being globally recognized as a religion. This makes investigations difficult. Naruhiko's true purpose is to spread the negative feelings he feeds off of, and eventually manifest as the embodiment of pain. If the spirits of Naruhiko have their way, all happiness will be erased from the world. He only desires to make everything feel the pain he does. If he can not, he will erase it from existence.

Recently, Naruhiko gained a huge amount of support. He staged a public suicide, hijacking a television stations and brutally killing himself on live television. Police arrived, and doctors announced him unquestionably dead. The cult demanded his body, to be kept in the innermost room of the temple where it was worshiped . However, true to his prophetic word, Naruhiko appeared before his people once again. A divine being who had cast off mortal shackles, but stayed on Earth to help guide its poor souls to redemption

Powers: Naruhiko's powers are dependent upon which spirit is dominant. However, he has a few powers that are mostly shared to varying degrees among personalities.

Mind Reading: Naruhiko possesses the power to read the contents of a willing subject's mind. He can also communicate telepathically. (two-way)
Mental Suggestion: Naruhiko can impose mental suggestion, particularly Agony. With weak willed people this power borders mind control, and those who's wills have been broken by the cult's initiations can be completely brainwashed. Strong-willed people are affected, but can resist.
Psychokinesis- Naruhiko can move physically objects with his mind. Strength of this ability varies wildly from spirit to spirit.
Reincarnation: If Naruhiko's physical body is destroyed by normal means, and no special means are used to actually destroy the spirits inhabiting him the spirits will only be dispersed. Eventually, they will reform and regather in the Sea of Trees and can use another body located within. The time this takes would generally be a few months, dependent on how much negative sentiment and suicides take place in the world.

Agony's powers: Agony possesses no unique powers, but his mental powers are the strongest of any personality. He can use his psychokinesis with his full EP strength and mentally suggest anything he chooses.

Bitterness' powers: Bitterness retains mind-reading, but his mental suggestion is limited to things pertaining to bitterness and regret, using sadness and anger to give someone second thoughts. His Psychokinesis is a little weaker than Agony's, but he is able to to summon a whirling storm of razor-sharp ice shards around him. (within five feet.)

Shame's powers: While not as adept as Agony, Shame's mind-reading and mental suggestion powers are strong. Although she generally can only suggest basic emotions and feelings, rather than complex ideas like Agony.

Revulsion's powers: Revulsion is weak in mental powers. He has retained the least humanity and the least of his mind out of all the spirites. He can only read basic feelings from a person's mind, and cannot use mental suggestion. His psychokinetic powers are very weak, only able to lift small objects to create poltergeist phenomenon. When this spirit dominates, which it is rarely able to, it gives Naruhiko's body strange properties. His bones seem to become less rigid, and he gains a supernatural strength. His arms stretch to about 3 times their length. His skin secretes a potent toxic in this form. Exposure causes sickness and blurred vision. The more prolonged contact is, the worse the symptoms. Very prolonged contact can cause painful organ failures in normal humans.

Resentment's powers: Even though his willpower is strong, Resentment has absolutely none of the mental powers shared by other spirits. He can not read minds, use any kind of mental suggestion, and can not move objects with his mind. When Resentment is dominant, Naruhiko's body regresses in age and becomes inhumanly strong.

Note! Torment, God of Nothingness: This is not simply one of Naruhiko's personalities, but the being that will come into existence if Naruhiko is able to spread and absorb enough negative sentiments. If this ever happened, it would be a quest or storyline event where heroes would have to defeat Torment. As this is really a completely different character, I will create an NPC app for him sometime in the near future.

Power Grid:
Agony
STR: 2
SPD:1
END: 3
INT: 6
EP: 6
FS: 4

Bitterness
EP: 6 (4 for psy power, 2 for ice shroud)

Shame
EP: 6 (3 for psy, 3 for steam breath)

Revulsion
INT: 6(retained less of his mind than other characters)
EP: 6 (2 to stretch arms, 3 to toxic skin, 1 to psy)

Resentment
STR: 6
SPD: 3
EP: 0

Character Image/Description: While the spirits can alter the body they inhabit to some degree, his normal appearance is that of an elderly Japanese man with white hair that falls a little past his ears. His features are usually hidden in nondescript brown robes but he is actually pretty physically fit for a man of his age.

Roleplay Sample: Meh, I'll take care of this later if I really need to.

Last edited by Ryvius on March 22nd 2011, 2:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Ryvius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Naruhiko, The Enlightened One

Post by Havok on March 18th 2011, 4:45 am

I'm pretty certain mind reading and mental suggestion aren't allowed. From what I've heard before the ability to communicate telepathically is allowed and you can attempt to induce emotions in someone or just limit it to an NPC, but that's it.
Havok

Male
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger on March 18th 2011, 4:53 am

Mind control can't work on PC's or their NPC's. It would be a purely aesthetic power that would only be an rp mechanic. This power would make people lose control of their characters, and that isn't allowed.

Reading minds becomes a godmode type power as well by precedent. Another player wanted to use mind reading and I believe she had to change it as well. Mind reading with willing subjects with telepathy has worked on the site before, but invading unwilling minds seems to be out of the question.

Can you explain the amount of time it takes for a spirit to get in the driver's seat? Also when do the spirits decide to take control? Is one of the spirits more dominant?

You may want to hold off on powers until the final touches are put on the new EP rules though.
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Female
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryvius on March 18th 2011, 5:07 am

He isn't capable of full-blown brainwashing unless he completely breaks down a person's willpower first with normal methods of brainwashing. Otherwise he can use mental suggestion. But actually, I have no problem if this isn't allowed on PC's.

I could swear there's a character with mind reading played by a staff member on this site....In any case, mind reading is another power that's mostly for his character. I'd prefer to weaken it rather than give it up outright, but I'm a pretty easy to get along with kind of player. If it's against table rules I'll take it out. Maybe along the lines of a willing subject or something. (i.e. someone letting him tell their fortune.)

Agony is the most dominant spirit, so he's going to to be in the driver's seat the majority of the time. Inversely, Revulsion rarely surfaces due to weaker willpower. If in the middle of an action scenario, changing spirits would take about a post at a minimum, but generally longer due to bickering over control between spirits. (Especially if it's a spirit besides Agony taking control)

EDIT: To answer a question that weren't yet asked, he does not rapidly switch between spirits. Once a spirit has control, it will generally keep it for a while. Meaning Naruhiko will usually go through a thread as only one personality, maybe two.
Ryvius

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim on March 20th 2011, 1:28 am

Suggestion for adaptation of mind-control abilities: Being able to read the minds of willing subjects. For unwilling subjects he can not read minds but can get a general reading what the person is feeling. So he wouldn't be able to read specific thoughts, but he could tell if a person was sad, happy, agressive, etc. etc.
Sim

Female
Number of posts : 397
Job : I rarely leave bed.
Humor : What do you call twin boys? A sunset!
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain on March 20th 2011, 1:51 am

Mind reading and Mind Control tend to be overpowered, but like Elaine said telepathy with a willing subject or using mental suggestion as an RP mechanic is fine. That character you're talking about is Overmind if I'm not mistaken, and he is not approved. He has been flagged for review but he never replied to anything and has been trashed.

Each of your forms should have a different grid, it will help to easier tell their power.

Agony's powers are fine.
How much weaker is Bitterness' power than Agony's, at what level of EP exactly? Your ice shards would only have the power of the remaining points of EP.
Shame's powers should also state the power of your telekinesis. You'll have to make the hot steam breath very weak if you want to keep it. Something like this, 2 to telekinesis, 3 to fireballs, 1 to steam, or remove the steam and just have level 3 telekinesis.
Revulsion's telekinesis strength must be stated too. He wont be able to preform powerful leaps with out high STR or EP; using the power to propel you. The stretching arms should take up 2 EP in my opinion, which leaves you 4 EP between the toxic aura and telekinesis. 2 to stretching, 2 to telekinesis, 2 to toxic aura.
Resentment's powers are fine.

Pain
"I'm made of tougher stuff than you are punk."

Quote : Punk.

Male
Number of posts : 3109
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryvius on March 20th 2011, 3:32 am

Updated. I just took out the fireballs for shame, as they seemed out of place anyway.
Ryvius

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight on March 22nd 2011, 2:10 pm

Typically we don't allow characters to alter their INT through transformations. Other than that, I see no problems with the application whatsoever, all seems fair to me. History is good and the personalties seem interesting. Creepy evil character, I like.

Question, does your appearance change based on which spirit is in control? If so, what does each spirit look like in control of an old dead Japanese man?

I will make each form a different grid, what colors would you like for each grid?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

The Black Knight

Male
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryvius on March 22nd 2011, 2:49 pm

To be fair, they're all seperate entities but if a rule's a rule I'll raise revulsion's INT back up. Say he's still incredibly smart, just crazy. Make his killings more creative.

Shame has limited control over the body's appearance, and uses it to make it a woman's body. Revulsion makes the body stretchy and tightens the skin for purpose of his toxin. Bitterness and Resentment both cause the body to regress in age. Bitterness only a decade or so, Resentment all the way back to 20-30 range.

As for powergrids, I don't particularly need them so you don't have to waste time making five. If you insist then..uh..white on black.
Ryvius

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain on March 26th 2011, 9:08 pm

Alright, then I don't have any problems with the application. Approved, and I'll get to making the grids later.
Pain
"I'm made of tougher stuff than you are punk."

Quote : Punk.

Male
Number of posts : 3109
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content