The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_vote_lcapA Tempest in the City of Storms. I_voting_barA Tempest in the City of Storms. I_vote_rcap 
ghost
A Tempest in the City of Storms. I_vote_lcapA Tempest in the City of Storms. I_voting_barA Tempest in the City of Storms. I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Tempest in the City of Storms.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Tempest in the City of Storms. Empty A Tempest in the City of Storms.

Post by Rex March 15th 2011, 4:05 am

Duke flew over New York city his long black coat flying behind him as he maneuvered his body down and stopped. His green eyes scanned the city before spotting the highway to Brooklyn and grinned, What luck he had arrived at rush hour meaning it must be five o clock. Tempest flew towards the bridge twisting in the air as he reveled in his power before stopping right over the Bridge.

Tempest stared down at the hundreds of cars and thanked the god of Lightning as he spotted twenty cars on the largest and highest bridge. It went up a good half mile into the air and oh what a long way down for those on it. Duke floated down and got looks of awe from people in the cars. The wicked man smiled a friendly smiled as he looked into a car full of hot teenage girls and winked before getting flashed, With that he floated down to the stone pillars and took out his war hammer he spun it. This he had stolen from a museum a week after joining the South Side Horrors. Now it was his most powerful weapon.

Tempest let out a insane laugh his face twisted in insanity and cruelty as a bolt of lightning cut down from the open sky hitting the hammer and with a swing he smashed through the pillar. Tempest shot forward swinging the hammer at the pillars before turning around to look up as the bridge swayed back and forth like some giant kid was pushing it. Tempest shot straight up and threw his hammer leaving a long chain of lightning connected to the hammer to his hand. The hammer smashed through the bottom and sent out a explosion of lightning that sent fifteen cars flying over the edges and to fiery crashes that ripped the air. The hammer was yanked back having been protected by Duke's lightning. The hole quickly crumbled and tempest flew back watching the mayhem. The cars with the teenage girls was falling backwards.

Tempest floated forward and landed on the hood holding it balanced as he winked heroically at the girls who smiled and waved back. Duke raised his hand as if calling a cab and leaped back floating inches of the ground as a bolt of Lightning hit the car and with a blood curling scream roasted the women inside to ashes. Tempest spun around opening his hands as he pulled the battery power from the cars feeling the lightning charge his body and surround him. he continued pulling the field of Lightning growing stronger before he roared sending it oout and destroying cars alla round him and pushing all the other cars off the bridge to a bloody and fiery death below.

Tempest flew up into the sky looking down as he laughed. There was a new bad guy in town and oh what fun it was.

Last edited by Lance on March 16th 2011, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t1717-onyx-titan#32989
Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

A Tempest in the City of Storms. Empty Re: A Tempest in the City of Storms.

Post by EvilDragonGod March 15th 2011, 3:44 pm

Tobias had been on a trip to New York and used only cash to get there to keep the trail as cold as he could. His battle with that freak calling itself Chaos. It had left him with several questions and much to think about. He had been getting his ass beat by Chaos when something wonderful blossomed within him. It was as if the filter covering him had cleared and he was able to see things more clearly than before. Tobias ran a hand across his chest and shook his head as he continued his walk along the bridge, he had barely survived that encounter. Something had awoken inside of him and it was something that was destructive to everything around him.

Now he wasn't some hippie who loved peace and creation, though he did like to have a drag of the shit they passed around. And he wasn't some monster bent on destruction of all around him, though he did enjoy the battle lust that came in a fight or carnage. As he walked passed a car full of sweet looking females, he grinned before he remembered that he couldn't get close to people. His power would destroy those frail people. That thought led to another as he realized for the first time that he couldn't even have sex and a black anger grew within him as his moment watching the girls undress was interrupted.

With the sound of an explosion and the cars sent flying, Tobias snapped out of his bad funk as he felt the bridge fall underneath his feet and saw the cause of the explosion. It was a hammer covered with lightning and it was retracting from the hole it created. Grinning mischievously, he dodged and climbed his way over to the hammer. As it exited the hole, Tobias reached out and grabbed the handle of it. It was stuck in the lightning and he clenched his jaws as he he felt the lightning run over him as he ripped it out of it. Looking at the hammer and ignoring the smoke that came off him for a few moments, Tobias admired the craftsmanship of the hammer. Bending his legs and springing in the air, Tobias flew slowly up toward the owner of the hammer.

As he came up behind the owner and within five feet of him, Tobias grinned as he spoke to the lightning wielding individual.

"You dropped this."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My power may fail and I may fade from view, but don't let that give you belief that I am gone. I will continue on and journey forth toward whatever is ahead of me.
A Tempest in the City of Storms. EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod

Number of posts : 43
Job : Netflix
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2011-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex March 15th 2011, 4:14 pm

Duke turned his head his face once more a kind and peaceful one, His right hand flicked and the hammer soared back into his hand where he set it on his left shoulder for easy access and grinned. "Thanks friend but it would have came home soon but I really should thank you for returning it...Let's see what would be appropriate ah i know." Duke floated a few feet and still smiling raised the war hammer to the heavens and a bolt of Lightning zigzagged down from the clear blue sky and hit the hammer lighting it up. "I WILL BREAK YOU FOR TOUCHING MY HAMMER." Duke pulled the hammer down and shooting forward as fast as he could he brought the powerful lightning infused hammer straight down for the skull of Tobais right at the temple on the right side of his head. He wasn't mega strong like some other hero's but the power in his body gave his strength a super boost by infusing it with Lightning. The hammer made a crackling sound and loud pops like gunshots as it swung to snuff the life out of the man or at least to send him flying.

Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragonGod March 16th 2011, 1:01 am

Tobias had been watching his opponent for any signs of attacks to come and had let go of the the hammer when it was pulled by the owner. As the attack came with a screamed threat proceeding it and that gave him the time to react. As the seconds ticked by and the lightning idiot came flying at him to crush his skull, Tobias stopped trying to fly. It took gravity only a tenth of a second to work and it pulled him away from the hammer as Tobias fell toward the ground unharmed. Feeling cocky and wanting to piss off his attacker, Tobias pulled all his fingers in toward his palm except for his middle fingers and flicked off the idiot. Activating his levitation and slowly directing himself toward the bridge, Tobias landed and shouted up to his attacker.

"Nice try, Sparky."

He grinned as he fit a headphone into each ear and cranked the mp3 player to its highest setting. Tobias didn't have a plan. He never did. The truth was that he knew he was outclassed and was a bit afraid, though the battle lust was starting to stir. All he could think was fucking villains and their idiotic powers. Tobias took off across the remains of the bridge toward the city, to get to a better battleground. He needed to even the odds a little bit.

My power may fail and I may fade from view, but don't let that give you belief that I am gone. I will continue on and journey forth toward whatever is ahead of me.
EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex March 16th 2011, 1:06 am

Tempest grinned and twisting his body shot forward flying past Tobais in seconds and spun around shooting back. he landed throwing the hammer into the air where it was again hit by a bolt of lightning but this time it sent it off in circle streams twisting in the air as it fired lightning bolts out aiming all over the place and at Tobais. Tempest closed the distance fast between him and the other person moving much faster and charged his hands and feet with Lightning.

Tempest stepped forward and ducked down and spun into a twisting uppercut aiming for the other persons chin and if it connected he would follow up be ducking under his opponents body and using his power shove his hands up into his opponents spine and send bolts of electricity through it. the effect would be mind numbing pain and possible paralysis.

Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragonGod March 16th 2011, 1:49 am

Tobias dove and rolled as lightning splashed everywhere and sent debris flying. As his opponent appeared right in front of him, a look of panic came across his face while inside he smiled. He knew he was outclassed and he knew he would have to out think his opponent. If he could draw him in close enough to take his power, Tobias could make this fight more even. The only problem was that he had to be able to take the hit and what was being swung at him. Winking at Tempest just before the first strike hit, Tobias loosened his body and jumped upward to lessen the damage he might sustain from it as he brought his hands as if to guard against the him. As the fist slammed upward against his chin, his hands were sent against wrist to divert most of the damage away from him. Even a speeding car can be diverted by a pebble or rock in the road.

Something passed from the attacker and into Tobias as their flesh touched one another. It hurt and it hurt badly as electricity raced through him, but Tobias had succeeded in doing what he had intended. He had absorbed the man's power over lightning and now he had the upper hand, if even for a moment. As the man dashed around and placed his hand against his back, Tobias grinned and unleashed the power he took from the person as he took right back into Tempest. A taste of their own power would make the fool wise or so Tobias hoped. He pressed up against Tempest's hand to further length the drain of his powers.

"Idiot."

EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex March 16th 2011, 10:22 am

Tempest felt the sudden drain and skipped back as lightning flared at him, He chuckled and opened his arms as the lightning hit and was immediacy absorbed back into his body as he looked at the person. "Well Well a leech, I haven't seen one of those in a very long time and of course I know all about your kind. Touch is your ultimate weapon so let's see what we get with no touch.

Duke opened his right hand as a ball of lightning began to hum as he charged up his power, The sky turned black as thunder clouds rolled in and Lightning flashed across the sky. Bolts of lightning soared down smacking the lightning ball and reducing time needed to charge for a bigger assault by adding raw power to it. Duke stared at his opponent his eyes normally green were sparking with Lightning as it even flared from his eyes and body. His Aura crackled and became slightly visible as a orb of lightning surrounding him.

Duke laid his head back to the wind his hair blowing madly about as a insane laugh escaped his lips. "Oh what power Lightning holds, Even the strongest legends fear it's mighty bite Leech but were not testing it on a legend oh no were testing it on YOU." The Ball of lightning was now as big as a car and held in the air and with one mighty throw sent it skywards to be with it's kind.

Lightning slammed into the ball it being a magnet for Lightning and each bolt increased it's size and power as it grew to the size of a Jet and still lightning smacked it until it was the size of a large war ship. "I love power Leech and now you can see why." Duke had enough charged as he opened his hand and wrapped himself in a Shield of Lightning. The ball sent down one bolt massive in size that seemed to zigzag in both super sonic speed and in slow motion before it struck right where Tobais was standing. The bolt hit and like a massive bomb going off the area exploded. Debris, Cars, Nearby buildings were destroyed by the flash of Raw power as mighty winds and shock waves ripped the near by area of five miles to pieces.

Duke floated in the air noticing that not even the air had escaped the electric charge. it was super charged with powerful Lightning that stripped across the air and hunted down anything in it. Duke was hit by a few of these wild streams but his body absorbed it. Duke looked around for his opponent wondering if that was all he had.

Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragonGod March 22nd 2011, 10:39 pm

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Tobias shook his head in confusion as he watched the man start a monologue and charge up an attack. His mind worked quickly to give him an idea of what kind of force a charge blast like that would do if it hit something. But Tobias knew if this person could do it, so could he and he better do it quickly as it increased size. Pulling out the power that he took from the individual in front of him, Tobias wrapped it about him like a sphere and fed the energy he took and lightning coming from the sky into it. He didn't want to do so, but he was seriously at a disadvantage here against this person. Tobias began to charge a blast in between his hands as he considered what to do. He couldn't blast the guy with his own attack, he seemed to absorb it. Tobias wasn't even sure if he could do that. As the sphere in his hands grew in power, he forced it to retain its small size and it grew in intensity.

As he saw it grow in size once more and the guy continue talking, Tobias watched as a bolt of lightning was freed from the sphere and flew toward him. Turning his hands toward the ground as he jumped, he forced the lighting blast in his hands to explode outward and blast him away from the area at a high speed. Tobias was buffeted by the fringe of the blast and sent flying out toward the city without his lightning shield around.

I am so screwed. I would almost take that other dude over this. At least then I had a chance.

Bracing himself with his flight, Tobias brought the lightning to his hands as he began to charge another shot. He had a really bad idea.

EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex March 23rd 2011, 11:21 am

Tempest laughed behind the young man then shot forward his body glowed before coming almost into a Bolt before he slammed to a stop a few feet in front of the other man flying right at him, Tempest send his power up into his hammer and brought it around swinging with all his power into that one blow aiming right for the other guys chest. The hammer made a screaming sound as Lightning discharged around it some flying at Tobais while others shot into the ground or sky ripping he ground up but vanishing back into the clouds.

Tempest had never felt so alive as he did when fighting a opponent he just wished his opponent had more to give in the fight but he accepted what he was given to face and he would defeat it or lose to it but in this case he had no worries of losing at all.

Rex
Rex
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilDragonGod April 1st 2011, 10:31 pm

His eyes widened as the hammer came down at him and Tobias spoke out loud what his brain was thinking.

"Ah.....fuck!"

As the hammer came in toward his chest, Tobias absorbed into his body the blast he held within his hands and continued to charge it the few more seconds until just before the hammer struck. The air around him hummed with electricity and as the hammer struck, Tobias enacted his bad idea. If the power he absorbed from the hammer wielding idiot could shoot lightning out of his hands, then his body could be a focal point. The hammer hit his chest and he felt a couple ribs give under the power of the attack before his blast exploded from his body. The area around him exploded like a megaton bomb was unleashed as the hammer unleashed the contained power.

Let's see him take that unscathed!

As the area around him was reduced to rubble and objects were thrown away like toys. The air was electrically charged in the area and rubble began to fall down. Tobias clutched his chest and crashed to his knees in the crater he had made with the last of the power he had taken from the electric idiot. If that attack didn't affect the dude, Tobias knew he was screwed. His shallow breathing and pain in his chest told him at least one rib was snapped.

EvilDragonGod
EvilDragonGod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top