The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_vote_lcapThe Quest For Pandora's Box I_voting_barThe Quest For Pandora's Box I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Quest For Pandora's Box I_vote_lcapThe Quest For Pandora's Box I_voting_barThe Quest For Pandora's Box I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Quest For Pandora's Box

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Quest For Pandora's Box Empty The Quest For Pandora's Box

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 10:49 pm

Long ago, when heroes were called demigods, and villains demons and monsters, there was a relic devised by the King of the Gods, Zeus. He gave it to a non human woman named Pandora. It was called Pandora's Box. She was told to never open it, no matter what. But curiosity even gets the best of those who aren't human. She opened it, and released evil unto mankind. Being non human, she was not turned evil by it. Instead, she closed it before Hope could be released. When she died, she left behind a legacy. the Protector's of Pandora. They are the demigod guardians of Pandora's Box. And if all else fails, Pandora herself shall return from death to protect it's evils from being released again.

Heroes and some renegades seek it because in fear of releasing more evil, nobody has opened it to allow hope to escape. They wish to release hope and cure the world of all evil. Villains and some renegades want to open it for the evil it contains, giving them pure evil or strengthening their own already present evil.

Dr.Everyone has tracked down the relic to Hollywood, and has alerted the super community, hoping the quest that ensues with tear apart friendships and cause more rivalry.

The Quest For The Relic of Pandora's Box has began.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The Quest For Pandora's Box DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

The Quest For Pandora's Box Empty Re: The Quest For Pandora's Box

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 11:27 pm

I trust you to RP the NPC's you fight fairly. There will probably be A COUPLE of one hit KO's, but not everything will be that easy. Some will be a real fight, and some will take teamwork. You dont all have to work together and you are even encourage (especially if all villain, villain and heroes, or mix of villain, renegade, and hero) to fight each other in small battles. The last boss before you get the relic should be harder than all others.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The Quest For Pandora's Box DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger March 13th 2011, 12:19 am

Packed explosives made their way into the small compartmentalized bullet. Elaine spent hours to herself since the debacle at the museum. She could hardly manage to think of the inevitability that her ability to fight failed her, but it proved a challenge explaining away the medical tape wrapped around her exposed midriff and left arm. Sharp pains poked through her head. Wooden planks kept the sun out of her eyes, so she wouldn't suffer any kind of concussion related relapse.

A burned out church along the outskirts of town gave Elaine a refuge from the city. She let her hair hang down over her shoulders while she continued packing the explosives into her bullets. The strong heat made its impact known against her flushed face. She wore a black sports bra with her black dry fit pants, but still felt feint in the presence of the extreme heat.

Several bullets lay across the table. She saved the explosive rounds for last, surrounded by a slew of bullets weighted for armor penetration, off balance bullets for scattering shots, they would all help her now. The high explosives would give her that final piece to the puzzle for her arsenal.

One of her knives helped her whittle away at bullets, while the other she stabbed into a post, holding up a newspaper article about the museum. She looked up to view the clipping every so often. Hurricane's face still looked on her with vehemence; his winds got the best of her this time. He got the best of her this time, but she stood ready for another chance. She quickly loaded a bullet and spun the weapon to the ready position, with the barrel staring down Hurricane.

Bullets lined the inside of her black vest, pistols at the ready behind her back, and a black hat upon her head. Her hair was pulled back into a singular ponytail, sitting entangled in the black stringed scarf. Most people she passed assumed her old style pistols were merely a costume prop for a young girl trying to make her way in Hollywood. An anonymous tip came to her speaking of a long buried treasure within Hollywood. A good tip, that seemed to good to be true. None the less she now walked through the streets of Los Angeles moving towards the decadent social setting of Hollywood.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie March 13th 2011, 6:22 pm

The museum job turned out to be a bust. He actually came out of the damn thing with less money than he started with. Clayton thought back on that day as he walked down the crowded city streets, it had been a few days but it felt more like a few hours. His hand had healed completely but if he thought about it too much he could still feel the pain of the bullet ripping through it, he clenched his fist at the memory. “Stupid girls getting me shot for nothing.” He muttered though he knew for fact that his own stupidity was to blame no matter how much he wanted to blame someone else.

Clayton had a new goal now, though, and nothing was going to get in the way of this one. He received an anonymous tip that Pandora’s Box, some sort of Greek artifact was here in LA. He checked with a few “peers” and a fence or two, they had all received the same tip he had but none had any more information than he did aside from a few superstitious rumors. Someone was going to find it eventually, that someone would be rich, that someone would be him. Clayton was going into this determined, no damsels in distress were going to distract him this time.

The sun sure was hot at this time of day, and Clayton’s dark suit wasn’t doing him any favors in the temperature department, no matter how cool he thought it made him look. He wore the coat unbuttoned and didn’t wear a tie; he hated ties, he wasn’t even sure how to tie them right. The cheap knock off ray bans he had purchased in Turkey awhile back did their job at keeping the sun out of his eyes. This heat made Clayton thirsty; he decided to get himself something to drink at the diner across the street.

He walked in and sat down at the counter, “Coke. No ice” he ordered from the man behind the counter. Ricky’s Diner was crowded with people trying to get out of the sun for a while but his drink was ready almost before he finished ordering. Clayton liked that, quick service with no bullshit; he paid for his coke tipped the chubby middle aged man with a 100 dollar bill. “Uh, Mister… I think you gave me a hundred by mistake here” the man, who Clayton assumed was Ricky astonished, “No mistake.” Clay replied nonchalantly. He tended to be stupid levels of generous when he was in a good mood, and though he’d have a lot of competition, and probably even a few out to kill him once word got out that he was looking for the box, he had feeling in his gut that he’d beat them all to it. His gut had never been wrong before.

Last edited by rinnegato on March 14th 2011, 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total

The Quest For Pandora's Box Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Hataro March 13th 2011, 9:50 pm

It was time for Zane's next challenge to arise in this fable existence. He had just recently completed three long and entertaining fights the past day, the most noteable of which was against a highly powerful physical brute. Was one of the best fights he had in quite a long time. However, today made almost equal promise for him to test his power and skill against the gods...only this time it would end up being quite literal, but that would be for later/ Zane was alerted only a few moments ago by one who the alien had met before, way back during the invasion of hell, when the gates of damnation opened, and the flames and chaos were made over society. Apparently he had found the location, or atleast the general area of a legendary item said to belong to greek gods. Zane didn't know much about this world's religion, but god was something he understood. Surly the thing was guarded by supernatura; beings for him to be tested against. Now, before he ever bothered going after the individual, and several others who probably knew more about this whole thing then he did,

Zane toke a brief visit to that which humans called a hotel and used a computer device there to look up data on...This box of pandora. Of course, he didn't know shit about computers and seemed retarded to the residents of the building, but in about twenty minutes he had obtained a passage about the box reading,"Pandora's box is an artifact in Greek mythology, taken from the myth of Pandora's creation around line 60 of Hesiod's Works And Days. The "box" was actually a large jar (πιθος pithos) given to Pandora (Πανδώρα) ("all-gifted"), which contained all the evils of the world. When Pandora opened the jar, the entire contents of the jar were released, but for one – hope.[1] Today, opening Pandora's box means to create evil that cannot be undone." ....It was a jar holding a sum of evil energies? Seemed abit far-fetched, but who was he to judge, seeing as he still didn't know much about the planet other then it's terrain from his travels.

Leaving the building hastily since he toke up so much time searching up data on this so-called box, Zane began to use his hyper-sonic speed to dash toward the city of Hollywood. His speed had, however, created a sonic-boom back at the area of the hotel, leaving many of the people there speechless from that instant and some of them even knocked out from the force of the boom. It was probably even loud enough to be heard around the outer-parts of the actual city. Zane appeared only as a blur at the speeds he was moving, moving away from the roads so that he doesn't fuck up and get smacked by a car...Pathetic humans, always needing their technoligy to do things as simple as travel.

Seeing a tall building near-by, Zane unleashed a small amount of energy from his feet to push himself far off the ground and slightly above the roof of the building. He landed almost instantly, not falling long enough to pick up any speed and decided this would be a good place to look for Dr Everyone , as well as some of the others who were coming along for this. Now, let's just see how good a earth's god was against the Alien master of war.

Zane Hataro
Zane Hataro
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 114
Job : ..........
Humor : RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE
Registration date : 2010-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 13th 2011, 11:54 pm

Alice, coincidentally, was in the very same cafe as Clayton was, and her mind was on the same event. She shuddered as she washed her hands, remembering those who had died... and those frickin' retards who caused the whole thing. She clenched her fists at the thought before shaking her head, the past as the past. Once she finished washing her hands and drying them, she opened the door and walked out of the restroom, thoughts moving back to the event. She sighed, remembering the asian cowgirl and the non janitor as she moved back to her table. But once she arrived, she found someone had taken her seat. "Um.... excuse me... you're in my seat." she said nervously, "It's fine if you just hand me my bag and I'll just find somewhere else to sit." she said quickly, this guy was kinda scary with the black suit and sunglasses.

She fidgeted slightly, tugging at the hem of her regular old t-shirt. The only way someone might draw conclusions that she was the shadow manipulator was if they noted that both were about the same age and race, and also... the fingerless gloves and sneakers. She peered at the man while waiting, he looked familiar though she couldn't pinpoint how. "Well, at least he seems to be in a good mood." Alice thought as she pointed at a little tan drawstring bag that blended in with the seat cushion, that was probably why he didn't see it. There was a lot of stuff she did not want to lose and she was too scared to reach over and grab it... not counting how awkward it would be.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger March 14th 2011, 12:42 am

Rolling hills sprawled out under a large wooden sign. Elaine tilted her head to the side as she gazed upon the large white "Hollywood" sign. The movement of the crowd broke her peace and shoved her forward as the current stopped for no one.

The knock to her back pushed her forward a few steps. Gravity gave way to her senses, as she saw a small Asian girl wearing fingerless gloves. Not the most common accessories for a teenage girl to wear in the heat of the day. A few well placed steps brought Elaine into the doorway of the cafe.

"Um.... excuse me... you're in my seat."

A man indeed was in her seat.

Every other word she said fell on deaf ears. Feeling a sense of compassion for the girl she saw as timid, Elaine released her lasso and attempted to grapple the man out of the seat. "She said that was her seat, Partner." Elaine chewed up and spit out a rather fake cowgirl accent towards the Clayton.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie March 14th 2011, 1:47 am

Clayton had just finished his drink when he heard the girl’s faint voice behind him; it was fairly noisy in the diner so he wasn’t sure if it was him she was talking to. He turned around in the chair to make sure, there she was, a girl about the same age as the one from the Science Center was standing there staring right at him. “Oh sor-" he began to apologize before he felt the tight tug of the lasso wrapping around him, pulling his arms to his torso. It took him by surprise but he was able to resist enough to avoid being pulled to the ground by the lasso he groaned as he struggled to break out when he turned to see who would go and do something like that in the middle of a crowded diner.

"She said that was her seat, Partner."

Clayton was absolutely shocked to find out who was on the other end of the rope. It was that cowgirl! The Asian one from the museum! “YOU!” he shouted in surprise. She was the last person in the world he expected to see again. Despite his shock he was able to quickly regain his composure “You certainly know how to get a man’s attention. Miss me?” he smiled at Elaine though he didn’t plan on hanging around her too long, he did have a box to steal after all.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Hataro March 14th 2011, 7:19 pm

Zane Hataro sighed to himself boredly. It seemed the Dr wasn't anywhere in this area...Though, there were probably others he could find who knew abit about the box, likly people on the same quest as himself. Pressing his feet against the roof of the skyscraper, the alien dismounted off and into the air once again, droping to the ground from the high area. Just before landing, he ejected small traces of energy from his feet just as before in a steady current to greatly slow his fall to the point it fealt like a normal landing...Now,let's see, what would be a good place to look for people? Well, he was already at the hotel awhile ago, and no one there seemed to know anything. Maybe a cafe or a open clearing? Zane recently found out about cafe's a few months ago when he stole some money from one of his earlier opponents to buy real food instead of hunting animals in wild-areas and setting them a flame to cook them.

Seeing one near-by, Zane casually walked in, his height of six foot four above that of most average people and his odd-sense of clothing being noticable in comparison to comman humanoids. Glancing around, there was a slim event where one individual had been tied up by a rope, though the material didn't seem all that strong. If it was anything like normal rope, then seeing an individual not being able to break it seemed pathetic to him, though that was his view on most normal humans on this world. Speaking in a half-serious tone of voice, the alien said out-load, not really at anyone specifically, just trying to get the attention of anyone who might have data he could use. "[Anyone know where the hell this Pandora's box is? Or whatever you people call it.
Zane Hataro
Zane Hataro
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 14th 2011, 9:00 pm

As Alice continued to wait, suddenly, an oh so familiar voice and a lasso flew out of nowhere and wrapped around dark man, as she had now dubbed him in her mind, as he started to apologize. Alice and Clayton both looked at the familiar Asian cowgirl, though the darkman's reaction was surprising. As he shouted, Alice startled slightly, this was definently getting weird. But once he began to speak... Alice stared at Clayton... it was the non janitor! "What the hell." she muttered, looking around, was someone playing a trick on her? Were all three fail heros all in one diner?

As Alice pondered this, she spotted another man, a very tall guy dressed a bit strangely, even by LA standards, walk in. He seemed to spot them, he had a look on his face that was akin to pompousness before he too began to speak. He was asking about the Pandora's box... "Yup, a nutcase." Alice muttered, everyone knew that the box was a greek myth... maybe he was talking about a store or something? LA certainly had some strange store names.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger March 14th 2011, 10:25 pm

"Pandora's box? The gay bar? Are you insinuating something about my friend here?" Elaine tried to throw the rope around Alice to pull her close to Clayton, giving her an easy way to pull her two new conscripts away. If she entangled Clayton and Alice together she would begin pulling them back towards the door to fill them in on situation.

"Now me and my friends are late for something that partakes to whatever it is you think we are doing." Her hand raised to the brim of her hat and pulled down, issuing a good bye to the new comer to the conversation. "I hope you find whatever it is you happen to be looking for and do wish you well in all future endeavors."

She moved her head over to Clayton to whisper to him. "I got a plan. This one's good. A talking dog told me about it." She edged back towards the door holding onto the rope and whomever it held.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie March 15th 2011, 3:57 am

“Anyone know where the hell this Pandora's box is? Or whatever you people call it.”

Clayton’s attention was drawn to the strangely dressed new comer, he was certainly bold, and apparently stupid. If they were looking for the same Pandora’s box it looked like Clayton would have no competition at all. Just what was this guy doing? Did he really think he could just walk into a diner and ask? Clayton couldn’t help but chuckle.

His chuckle was cut short by the tug of the lasso again as Elaine answered Zane’s question. “Hey!” Clayton reacted to her response. Elaine swung the rope around the girl as well and pulled them both in towards her; it registered in his head just who Alice was now. Clay didn’t struggle at all, he decided to hear Elaine out.

"I got a plan. This one's good. A talking dog told me about it."

“You… A talking… What?” Clayton asked, obviously puzzled, “This girl is fucking crazy… Better find a way out of this quick.” He thought. He really didn’t want to get wrapped up in another whirlwind adventure with these two, not when the last one cost him so much. "Oh nonono. You girls are not getting in the way of another one. Now take this thing off me." he demanded.

((PUN INTENDED.))

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zane Hataro March 15th 2011, 7:46 pm

Zane Hataro glanced at the group, more serious now as they toke him for a fool. Of course, common people would think it was just a myth and have said something along those lines or atleast have made a probable alternative....What the hell was a gay bar though? Humans, always so strange to him with their odd habits and pathetic power. It seemed words didn't do any good as no information really came up from it. Guess this just ment the alien needed to do what he did best.

Zane raised his arm upward, palm flat, and unleashed a small amount of his monsterous energy supply in transparent wave of pure energy. The raw power of even that small amount of his energy had caused the ceiling of the building to snap straight off and reach several feet high into the air, landing beside the area with a loud bang from the crash. He began to speak again, explaining abit more on detail. He was going to make one thing clear,. If Zane didn't get his fight with the gods, then these mortals would just have to suffice. "Now, I'll ask again, what does anyone know about the box? I mean the real box, no foolish mortal building...I got information by everyone, if you know who that is." By saying it like that, he wanted it to sound like only the others who Dr Everyone told would who he was reffering to, while normal people would just assume himself a insanely powerful nut-case. Though, they probably already did before. The nut-case part, atleast.
Zane Hataro
Zane Hataro
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 15th 2011, 9:38 pm

((OOC:Nobody seems to want to post in palladium, so I've moved. Everyone prepare for Everyone.))

A very out of place looking man walked into the diner. He wore black dress shoes, which were well worn yet still black and clean. he had on a dress shirt and tie under a very clean white lab coat. This would seem normal enough, if he didn't have a scorched black and white metal mask on his face, hiding his entire face, head, and any hair he might have. And his hands were covered in a scorched and distorted pair of green metal gloves. This man was definitely no normal person, at least not a local.

"Zane, you call that a shy hint? If you could be less obvious next time. And you over there..yes you...that pun was very good indeed. Much better than Zane's lame attempt at subtlety. Now, could you all be so kind as to answer Zane's question. I promise you the question is no more insane than I am."

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade March 16th 2011, 3:43 am

Alice giggled slightly when Elaine started talking about a nearby gay bar, she had forgotten about that place... maybe he was searching for that? She then suddenly found a rope looped around her chest, pulling her back towards Elaine. "Hey! Wait a second!" She yelled as she found herself being tugged towards the door. She saw Elaine whisper something to Clayton out of the corner of her eye, but before she could ask what they were talking about... when suddenly, the roof was blasted off. Alice heard a thump as it landed no too far away from the building. She stared at Zane, wondering what the hell his problem was.

Then... someone else arrived. She gasped when she saw him... she had watched a news report on Dr. Everyone once... what the hell was he doing here? She watched Dr. E interact with Zane for a moment before he turned around and addressed the crowd. She looked around, really, who was going to know about a myth... it was a myth... right?

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master