The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_vote_lcapMamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_voting_barMamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) Empty Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character)

Post by Dr Everyone March 12th 2011, 12:58 pm

Name: Madam Bo'Querie (prefers to be called Madam Bo)

Title: Madam Bo', The Voodoo Master, Mama Bo

Alignment: Karma Follower/Renegade/Chaotic Good/Good Renagade

Age: Definitely between 80-100. Some claim she is 142 though. She might be old, but Voodoo magic has made the effects of age lessen.

Race: African American

Looks:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Although she is quite old, she looks young and is devoid of wrinkles. Some claim this is the work of her voodoo. She however, says nothing about it.

Personality: Her religiousness in unparalleled. She is very wise, and warm (if your good) and if your evil, she's so cold it sucks the heat out of the room. She's been through a lot in her days, and may sometimes drift into telling you stories. And when she fights, she's a different person. Ruthless, incredible, and hard to defeat.

History: At birth (which the date varies depending on who's telling it and how many times they've told it before) she was instantly known to have amazing Voodoo abilities. The moment she was born, a hurricane that made Katrina look like a Sun-drizzle was raging on. The family was taking refuge in a celler, but doubted their survival. The moment Madam Bo' was born and was fully out, the hurricane stopped instantly. The sun shone through a suddenly appearing crack and light up young Madam Bo' like she was in a display case or Jesus, take your pick.

Later out in child hood, she took to teaching those who were racist (especially children) how it was like by using voodoo to make them black like herself. She used her powers a lot through her life, and spent most of her time expanding her knowledge of voodoo magic and getting to know the world around her. She can cast nearly any spell, and can make any potion you ask her for. Animals love her and won't attack her (even if it's a rabid alligator) and she has gone through little trauma in her life by protecting those she loved with her magic. However, seeing the way the world was and believing strongly in justice and all, chose to follow karma and administer justice to those with bad "ju ju",

Powers:
using voodoo magic she can: Mind control people, curse people, heal people, make potions, case spells, and by using spells, she can fight using magic. her voodoo magic manifests
itself in pure white-pure black changing light when in battle, and can take the forms of energy balls, waves, shields, domes, walls, and other objects.

(Think green lantern or Raven for Teen Titans)

Power Grid:

Intelligence: 6 (Not book smarts, but spiritual and religious smarts)
Strength: 3
Speed: 2
Durability:3
Energy projection: 6
Fighting Skills: 4

How powers were given: Madam Bo' was born with these powers. Some say her family tree branches back to the first human in the world. Her family did live in Africa as long as all records and people can remember, until the slave trade brought her ancestors to New Orleans, where they have since remained.

Last edited by jbronze on March 16th 2011, 5:31 pm; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 436
Humor : Sarcasm
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) Empty Re: Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character)

Post by Dr Everyone March 13th 2011, 12:01 am

This character is my new secondary, no longer an NPC. PG is editted and all that, so approve yall.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character) Empty Re: Mamma Bo'Querie (Voodoo Witch Player Character)

Post by Pain March 13th 2011, 3:16 pm

Mind control? I'm assuming all characters can resist this since it'd be OP otherwise.

You should give her a real age, not just an estimate. Problem with her history, slavery was abolished a long time before her birth and unless her parents were with doctors who could slow aging, it is impossible for them to be slaves in the US. Their ancestors would make more sense.

I also don't understand this "her voodoo magic manifests itself in pure white-pure black changing light when in battle" Does the energy quickly switch back and forth between the two colors? If so, how quickly? I'd just like to know so I can better picture it.

If you want potions, either go into detail on what your potions do on this application, or make an item application. You can add more and more over time, just don't go overboard and it'll get approved.

Personality could be a little better, but I'm really tough on that. Everything is acceptable, just get back to me and we'll get this thing going.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 14th 2011, 7:51 pm

The mind control would be more for like npc civilians, animals, and if the other person was okay with it, player characters.

It's a bit of mysteriousness that nobody knows her age, and I wanted to keep it that way. If you want to have her have an exact age, then 93 is her age. I've also editted where her powers came from.

it's kid of both at the same time. I'd say the colors changes about every second.

As for potions, those are more of stating that it allows her to make items of the sort and all.

And for personality, that's the way she is. She's a nice old lady, and a mean old bat, all at the same time.

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 16th 2011, 5:47 pm

Approved, go ahead and make your grid like ya wanted. Just know what I told you in the chat will more than likely be implemented.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 19th 2011, 8:27 pm

You'll have to divide up your EP powers. Healing powers and voodoo magic will have to be split up between your EP stat if you want to keep them both. You can split it up however you want, like 4 EP for voodoo magic, 2 EP for healing magic. You can always just heal people with potions instead, but you'll have to make the item applications for them.

As for cursing people, I'm assuming that will have no real effect on players unless it were something they approved of. The power would mainly just be an RP/story thing.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone March 19th 2011, 8:29 pm

Pain wrote:You'll have to divide up your EP powers. Healing powers and voodoo magic will have to be split up between your EP stat if you want to keep them both. You can split it up however you want, like 4 EP for voodoo magic, 2 EP for healing magic. You can always just heal people with potions instead, but you'll have to make the item applications for them.

As for cursing people, I'm assuming that will have no real effect on players unless it were something they approved of. The power would mainly just be an RP/story thing.

Yes, they'll be healed by potions. And yes, cursing is either mutual agreement or story.

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson March 25th 2011, 8:30 pm

Okay, so you cannot heal with magic, only with potions. Meaning your only real EP power is voodoo magic, correct?

Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 31st 2011, 10:49 pm

You still need a grid, want me to make you one? If so, what colors? Also, answer Wilbert's question.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone April 1st 2011, 1:32 am

Pain, i was planning on making it but Spring Break happened and I've been gone alot. So I'd like a ying yang style PG for Madam Bo.

As for Wilbert's questions yes. That's all folks.

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 21st 2011, 12:16 pm

Moving this.

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top