The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Mistakes Like Fractures I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Mistakes Like Fractures I_vote_lcapMistakes Like Fractures I_voting_barMistakes Like Fractures I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mistakes Like Fractures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Mistakes Like Fractures

Post by UltraEnigma December 18th 2022, 7:03 am

Atlanta, GA
Local Time: 2:18 PM

A flash of red light smote the skyline of downtown Atlanta. One by one, buildings were run through by a neon bolt of enigmatic light. Dustclouds expanded in a staggered sequence, delayed only a split second after each impact. It rained rubble. Car alarms wailed. Civilians fled. Georgia Pacific was the final building to be lanced before the violent streak of crimson shifted trajectory and careened toward Margaret Mitchell Square. Tremors assailed the ground on impact, aftershocks reigning as the bolt continued north along Peachtree Street, grinding a ditch into the asphalt in its wake. Traffic parted onto the sidewalks, vehicles either swerving or getting battered aside violently. When the street forked, the red bolt lifted, neatly threading the walkway of the Carnegie Monument before slamming into the turf of the park that lay beyond it.

When dirt and dust began to settle, Ultra’s stationary figure was finally discernable where he’d once been little more than a vivid blur. Clenched in his bloody left fist was a tattered remnant of a getup that had once belonged to a villainous adversary. Now, the outfit and its owner had been ground into naught but shreds upon the cityscape. Blood-soaked digits released the fabric, allowing it to flutter away in the wind. Morsels of flesh squelched as they were flung from Ultra’s hand with a lackadaisical shake. Still awash with gore, the offending hand flipped the bird to a news helicopter that circled overhead.

Suddenly, a distant yet imminent whizzing sound twinged at his ears. Reflexively, Ultra pivoted, his grasp snapping forward instantly to snatch an incoming speedster assailant by the skull. Inertia carried the contender’s body forward despite the sudden halt that had been forced above his shoulders. Bones crepitated sickeningly as the neck and spine severed with impossible force. Limp, the body arced overhead at the behest of Ultra’s arm, and slammed into the pavement just a few feet away from the crater he’d created when dealing with the previous accomplice. Blood was painted erratically in all directions, the body’s limbs twitching like the legs of a fly that had been flattened beneath a swatter.

Another one down, three more to deal with. This was quickly becoming overkill for something as trivial as a meta-human orchestrated robbery. Given the corpses they left, though, they certainly had it coming as far as Ulta was concerned. Authorities might require some convincing, perhaps a simple reminder as to how far away Atlanta was from the nearest meta-human prison.

Finally, moments later, the final three in the criminal troupe arrived to surround Ultra, angered and horrified by the sight of their speedy accomplice who was now little more than a macabre pavement mural.

Y’all don’t feel like givin’ up yet?” Ultra mocked with a condescending gesture. He wouldn’t chase them, and the police certainly weren’t going to lock them down. Arrests weren’t Ultra’s thing, whereas being a violent deterrent certainly was.“Might as well just start runnin’.

Instead of any verbal response, one of the three released a vibrant beam of energy toward him, seeking retribution for her slaughtered accomplices. Ultra’s hand swatted the beam backhandedly, redirecting it into a building where it exploded and brought rubble avalanching to the pavement. Smoke billowed from his fingers, a vestigial stinging sensation flaring up beneath his bloodied glove.

Ya’ know, not many people have the thought…

Ultra’s eyes began to intensify in their glow, a similar aura overtaking his outline. Gravity began to misbehave in his immediate vicinity, his hair and cape fluttering unnaturally in the absence of wind whilst stray fragments of rubble began to levitate.

...that when they’re on thin ice, they might as well dance.

It was a grim observation of their defiance in the face of what was coming. A malevolent grin cracked against his otherwise austere visage. “I like it,” he admitted flippantly. “But, it ain’t gonna change nothin’.

With that final assertion, jagged twin beams of red-black Ultrawaves exploded from his gaze, crackling as they tore through the atmosphere toward the one that had thrown the beam. She was struck with a look of horror before holding her arms up to protect herself, disappearing somewhere within the radiated inferno that exploded from impact, fate uncertain behind the haze.

This always happened when they wouldn't listen.
UltraEnigma
UltraEnigma

Quote : “Every ounce of my cynicism is supported by historical precedent.”

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 4
Job : Part-Time Disaster
Registration date : 2021-12-16

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Mistakes Like Fractures

Post by Chellizard January 15th 2023, 8:47 pm

Biting down into the hot bagel, vegetable cream cheese smeared against her cheek as she devoured the bite. She sighed with pure happiness, this being one of the first meals she had in the last twenty-four hours. Uzma had last been at Bliss' birthday party in Palo Alto, California. It did not go according to plan, and there was no time to enjoy any snacks. She was starving.

Her tongue found the bit of cream cheese at the corner of her mouth, another bite being taken as she strutted down the sidewalk of Atlanta, Georgia. She had stopped in to grab one of her favorite bagels from a local shop she visited in her youth. In her... imaginary youth. But, still, it was a memory to her, and it still had the same flavors she remembered. Her mind tried to split into a few different fragments at the thought of her childhood being an entire lie, but she shook the thoughts and attempted to finish her breakfast.

As she was taking the last bite, a bright flash of red light erupted to fill the sky, washing out the bright blue of the afternoon sky. It made a wash of purple dance across her eyes as she witnessed the phenomenon. Her instincts went into overdrive, her true purpose in this world igniting in her core. She had no choice but to ascend.

There were a few civilians watching her as she transformed, her body rippling and changing, the clothes she wore seemingly vanishing into fractals of iridescent light. Her flesh became opalescent alike to mother of pearl. The transformation was fast, and her take off was faster.

She zipped into the air, her body lifting without any resistance. A breath would fill her lungs, her chest puffing out as she arched her back. She would kick off of the air, her feet seeming to touch against a ray of light, a dust of rainbow fractals trailing behind of her feet as she stepped off toward the evident commotion.

Her attention would pull to a helicopter encircling a caped figure clearly flipping them the bird. She wasn't sure if this was a hostile or friendly at this point. They were too far away to tell at this point in time. She would continue forward, moving closer toward the chaos, watching as the caped figure was met with what seemed to be a speedster. But they were wearing criminal jumpsuits. Had they just escaped the prison? She should have checked the trending topics online before heading over. Now that she was transformed, her phone was locked in a time-space pocket that her clothes also seemed to manifest. It was odd how it worked, but she didn't question it. She was sure there was a reason for everything.

Letting out a gasp, she watched with horror, a throbbing pain soaring through her as she watched the speedster meet death. The next events happened so quickly, it was hard to react or intervene. Uzma would prepare a sphere of cosmic energy, a thin warbling veil of iridescent light would play along the surface. It was akin to a giant bubble, clear save for the warbling effect over the surface. It would start small, and expand at it zoomed off toward Ultra's position.

The sphere would expand and then split, opening to then snap shut around of the target in front of Ultra, sealing their next victim. Uzma is the Aegis of Earth, she cannot be seen killing anyone. It wasn't really in her nature.

When the smoke cleared, the bubble that was surrounding the woman would keep her trapped, but there was no destroyed corpse or ashes there of. The sphere of cosmic energy would split again, two more orbs forming to make their way toward the other two of the remaining three prison escapees. Even if they were bad, they didn't deserve death.

Uzma would look toward Ultra, black sclera accenting the burning rage behind of her gaze as she locked her eyes with his. She was seething, a scowl etched across her lips. They were a rosy pink, a contrast to the mother of pearl skin that seemed to have the same warbling energy effect as the bubbles.

"You're no better than them if you can't even stop them without shedding blood and leaving destruction in your wake," she sized him up, the power radiating from him was eminent.

She held her hands up in a defensive stance, her fingers relaxed. They were burning yellow, as if they were dipped into the heart of a star. The tips of her fingers burned hot pink, a neon inverse glow radiating from her hands. She would rise up into the air a bit, looking down at him as she did. Her eyes never left his as she attempted to intimidate him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Mistakes Like Fractures JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UltraEnigma February 23rd 2023, 6:53 pm

Anticipation grew with the parting of smoke. Ultra's stoic figure betrayed the gnawing suspense, his every nerve in a heightened state of trepidation. Fingers writhed impatiently, oversaturated with violent impulses. The sensation of impending impact swelled, fueling a certain, toxic eagerness. Quickly, that feeling festered into aimless agitation when nothing penetrated the smog to challenge him. Ultra's digits ceased their fidgeting and balled into indignant fists once the smoldering black fog had cleared, and that agitation found direction.

Chellizard wrote:"You're no better than them if you can't even stop them without shedding blood and leaving destruction in your wake!"

Crimson eyes gleamed behind the dissipating haze, unperturbed and indifferent to the alien's attempt to intimidate him as a sneer slowly crept across his face. Long red tails of ultrawave energy were billowing from the central glow of his eyes, their movements serrated and erratic like lightning.  They swayed with his head as it turned slowly to look between the sphere and its conjurer, and then back again. Ultra withheld his reply long enough that the silence nearly became tangible beneath the tension. There was a small contortion in his brow that telegraphed the gears turning in his head.

"Ya' really believe that?" he challenged, finally breaking the silence.

Fists released from their disgruntled knots, the stiffness of anticipation fading with wordless assessment. A blink separated the tails of energy from his gaze, his eyelids clamping shut like miniature guillotines. The red lightning-like streaks floated into the air, dissipating into a red vapor before dissolving entirely, leaving behind nothing but an ozone-esque scent. Ultra took a step forward and threw a half-assed gesture toward the path of destruction he'd wrought only moments before.

"Reckon I didn't see you anywhere when they was leavin' blood 'n bodies behind just to make a buck."

A few slow steps later he was in arm's reach of the sphere that had trapped his almost-victim. His hand raised and flicked the surface of the sphere with a force great enough to expel air from the vicinity, causing a gale in all directions that disturbed leaves, litter, and the sable hair that hung at either side of Ultra's face. Much of the blood that was spattered across his suit, half-concealed by the black and red threads, was liberated by the gust and sent into the air and onto the pavement. Thunder cracked behind the gust, shattering the glass of car windows and walkways lamps within a few dozen yards. The woman inside belted a silent scream and flinched into a protective position.

Yet, the sphere held, and the woman was unharmed. Ultra emanated a vexed yet inquisitive hum before turning his body to face the interloper.

"Someone had ta' do somethin', right? 'S just that, when I see so many people cut down for nothin', I can't help but get a little..."

Over his shoulder, Ultra glanced the flattened and mangled formed of the speedster on the pavement, now slightly disturbed from the wind moments earlier. Looking back to the alien, he nodded his head lazily in the direction of the corpse.

"Biblical."
UltraEnigma
UltraEnigma

Quote : “Every ounce of my cynicism is supported by historical precedent.”

Number of posts : 4
Job : Part-Time Disaster
Registration date : 2021-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content