The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Workshopped I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Workshopped I_vote_lcapWorkshopped I_voting_barWorkshopped I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Workshopped

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Workshopped

Post by Nate6595 June 8th 2021, 3:39 am

As much as Wyatt hated to admit it, he was far from the strongest hero around. When it came to durability his bones were hallow. When it came to physical strength, well…his wings were strong and his talons sharp, but he didn’t have much stopping power. When it came to flying he was far from the fastest and could barely keep up with some of the speedsters in the world. His senses while improved also acted as a hinderance and thus the gear he had already made for himself. Overall, he wasn’t much of a hero as much as he acted and performed as one. Most fights, even with common street thugs had left him more bruised and beaten than the villain.

To make long matters short, as late as this came, he needed some way to upgrade himself. There wasn’t much he could physically other than train his wings. All that remained for him, really, was a tech-based improvement. The problem was he didn’t know where to take his crossbow other than some new arrow ideas, but he had to expand past that, he had to do something more than just firing arrows around. The roadblock was the question of “what?”. What could he do to make himself better? To be able to actually keep up with pro-heroes and the big villains.

The answer, or at least an option, had not come from where he expected. His mother had reached out to all branches of his family, searching far and wide for someone who could help. He had barely complained at all to his mother, it was more of a quick vent, but she ended up pulling through. Their uncle, local to England, had heard of a meta of sorts who lived out in the countryside who could do just the trick. His uncle was, of course, unsure if the man would take Wyatt’s request, but it was a lead and would at least be a break from heroing for a week or so.

So, after a quick flight over to England (on a plane, mind you), and an even quicker visit to his Uncle’s, something just to express his thanks and say hello, Wyatt was off to the location out in the countryside. He was, notably, foreign to the area and didn’t speak in common tones, but he seemed to get around just fine with his knowledge and previous visits here. It had taken him sometime, and this time a bit of wing-based flight, to rightly find this man’s workshop.

When he finally did find this workshop, he had landed quietly and during midday. He wasn’t sure the right way to approach, he hadn’t made an appointment and had no idea what kind of man this person was. After taking a few moments to actually muster up the confidence to approach, Wyatt walked over to the front door and began to knock gently on it, hoping it’d be enough to get the worker’s attention. “Uhhh…excuse me?” He tried calling out, “My name is uh…” Well, he was still in costume, so it’d be best not to go by normal street names. “Who! I’m a hero from America and I was told that you are uh, you know, rather tech-savvy and wanted some help with something!”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Workshopped

Post by piston1937 June 11th 2021, 2:25 pm

Tinks attempt to jump out of his skin was very close to being successful as he bared the self heating frying pan as if expecting someone behind him.  The following muffled voice and dull slop of the half cooked egg hitting the floor were overtaken by the whining of the new invention who's trial run was just interupted.  Over the voices of the equaly surprised and annoyed machine spirits Tink managed to make out "Hero-" "From America-" and "Wanted some help-" , considering that those did not sound as if he came to take the possibly guilty man in Tink decided to play this only mostly safe.  Shushing the fridge who was muttering over the wasted eggs and putting down the whining electric frying pan Tink made his way to the door, picking up the crowbar out of the umbrella stand.  

The doorbell was again fuming that nobody ever used him and shouting person outside the door, even though only Tink could hear it.  Looking through the peephole the tinker gave his surprise visitor the once over.  The eye catching red scarf was the first thing that was noticed as well as the new voices that Tink didn't recognize.  Though why someone would name their kid Who was beyond him Tink decided to at least see what he wanted.  Opening the door a crack, the crowbar behind the door, until the chain was tight. "Aye and what ya need help with?"
piston1937
piston1937

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2021-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 July 7th 2021, 4:24 am

Even with his muffs, Wyatt could make out a good deal of the sounds going on around him. It was a hodgepodge of different noises that didn’t blend together into anything pleasant. The whirl of machines, crackling of electricity, the sizzling of something, the slopping that sent a small shiver down his spine. He was just glad that he wasn’t inside to see all the things making the noises, surely that would’ve hurt him some. No…no no, this wasn’t a place for a person with overreactive senses. But still, this was needed, and he couldn’t back away now from it, even if it was sending his senses down a thorn-laid path.

When the door opened, Wyatt found the man’s answer rather immediate, which had almost caught him off guard. Wyatt stared for a few moments before processing everything that was going on. He quickly shook his head and reaffirmed a smile on his face, at least as best he could. With a clear of his throat, he went on. “Ah! Hello, yes…I heard you were…” He gave a quick look around the yard and then tried to catch a quick peak over Tink’s shoulder, “An inventor of sorts? Make a lot of inventions with a wide and varying uses?” He swallowed, now reaching up to adjust his earmuffs. “I was hoping, perhaps, you could help me along with something to improve my performance as a hero? I am pretty alright as it stands, but I do struggle keeping up with some of the sturdier and more dangerous villains out there, so I was hoping that maybe I could get something to…well, help with that?”

Wyatt gave another nod, then took a step back, the sounds now really starting to get to him. He didn’t show much discomfort on his face, he had learned how to control such reactions, but he couldn’t hide the curling of his fingers into small fists as he tried his best to withstand everything that was going on around them. He then spoke again, trying to distract himself from it. “I’m uh…as you can probably see, an owl-like person? Wings, talons, good eyes, good…ears. Also, hollow bones, so I’m not really the strongest or can take the best beating. Oh! I also use a crossbow. If…uh…any of that information helps.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down