The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
My Nemesis Results I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
My Nemesis Results I_vote_lcapMy Nemesis Results I_voting_barMy Nemesis Results I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

My Nemesis Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Nemesis Results Empty My Nemesis Results

Post by Zonkes June 16th 2020, 4:04 pm

Character Creation Contest

THEME: My Nemesis

WINNERS

1st Place: Goodbottom and Chellizard

Score: 132

Scores

Zonkes: 71

Vorik: 61

Comments

Zonkes: Chelle: I love this. The twin trope is a very fun one to play with and the story is super well written. I would say that this might just be the best character in the contest. Powers are very creative, the story is really well done and I love the graphics. Honestly showing once again that you are one of the most talented people on SHRP, Chelle.

Nate: Again, not a bad character at all. If I had one complaint, it would just be that the story is a bit lacking but overall a really good character with a really well done sheet.

Vorik: Chelle: Overall, I think this is an excellent character you have going. Having a twin as your rival is a classic and allows for a lot of drama in stories. I was actually separated from my brother when my mother died so I can relate to a lot of the feelings here. Her appearance and personality were easy to understand and I did not need anything more than what was written, it was short, sweet, and to the point. Not entirely comfortable with the use of attempted rape to justify why she is villainous, but I get that it wasnt suppose to be comfortable. Nonetheless I feel a bit manipulated by it. Lastly, I love the idea that she takes it upon herself to “prepare May for greatness” by making her life harder in her caped antics. It's that weird broken logic that makes villainous characters fun.

Nate: Overall, I liked the character, but they came off a bit bland to me. Her personality, while fleshed out, still boils down to just wanting to be good and doing the right thing. While this is the trademark of a hero, I’d still prefer more nuance. Someone who is willing to risk their lives stopping runaway trains and villains who can shoot lasers from their eyes is clearly dealing with something. While I did say I didn’t exactly approve of June Lee’s power awakening story, it still gave that sense of a drive for the character. June Lee, more or less snapped because of something severely traumatizing, May Lee was felt hand waved with her awakening just being “On the night of her sixteenth birthday”. This all being said, I still think this is a good character, but would like to see her get more developed.

Prize

Ghost Slot* for both contestants
200 flat XP for both contestants

2nd Place: Cerek and Eddie

Score: 82

Scores

Zonkes: 44

Vorik: 38

Comments

Zonkes: Eddie So this one… I feel like it could’ve been a lot better. The concept itself isn’t bad, it’s a tried and true concept that generally works well. But you didn’t really do much new with the concept. It also seemed like you wanted to make a weapon more than you wanted to make a character with this one. I just don’t feel the personality from this one.

Cerek Alright, so. Let’s start positively. I never thought I would see the demon version of Daria on SHRP. That’s pretty creative I think personally. I like the face claim you picked. The names for the powers are pretty cool…
Alright, now for the bits that could be improved. The story… while creatively done, is… it makes me uncomfortable to imagine this story unfolding. I don’t believe that was the intention, but if it was; well done. Also, while the names for the powers are creatively done; I don’t believe that the powers themselves were that innovative. Kind of just stock succubus/demon powers tbh. Overall, I like it; but it could’ve been better.

Vorik: Eddie A man who realizes he is a descendant of the Heavens is a solid concept that has been done many times before. I wanted to be surprised by how you did the Angel approach, but I finished feeling like I already read this sort of thing before. There really could have been more to the background of the character to make them more than just an Angel. As it stands, the main thing about Solomon is that he is an Angel. This is the only thing he has going for him though. Everything about him revolves around this, leaving him very 1-dimensional. I know next to nothing about Solomon beyond this. Does he have a family, friends, hobbies other than slaying evil? I don't even know what he looks like as an Angel.

Cerek I liked the version of a succubus you got going here. A lot of the time they are written as jus sex crazed fiends who want nothing else, while yours seems to be more aloof, trollish. This helps her stand out from other Demons people have made in the past. I also like the overview of things she has done as she has lived through the ages shaping the world. The reason I'm giving a 4 in execution is because there is little mention of the contest theme here. The goal was to have a rival to your partner’s character and this isn't it. There are only a few sentences mentioning Eddie’s character and overall your character doesn't even acknowledge them as a threat/rival. Nothing would have been lost if you took out the brief reference to Eddie’s character as there is no actual impact on her life due to him. Rivals are supposed to be a big thing here.

Prize

Ghost Slot* for both contestants
150 flat XP for both contestants

Vorik’s final thoughts

Voriks overall thoughts: The main theme for this contest was Rivals. For every good hero there is an equally good villain. My scores above were judging each person’s sheet separately as I believe even though you are in teams, everyone has their own writing styles and qualities that can’t just be lumped in with someone else. However, it did not feel like there was a lot of communication between the teams beyond just a set idea of a good twin/bad twin and Angel/Demon with no further nuances. Nate told me his idea was a twin with defensive powers while the other had offensive powers, but I didn't get this detail when reading the sheets, all I got was an evil twin/good twin. Eddie’s character’s entire life basically revolves around hunting this Demon that got away while Cerek’s didn't seem to care at all, let alone remember Solomon. I can’t say how you guys were working together behind the scenes , but a lot of this could have been fixed by showing each other works in progress and keeping in touch more than just deciding a dynamic.

*A ghost slot is a character slot that you gain temporarily to allow one more character to your roster. Once you choose to retire a character, you lose that slot. You do not gain a permanent character slot.

Congratulations, everyone!

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top