The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» May Lee/Tigerlily
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:12 pm by Nate6595

» The Indigo Rose (Contest)
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:10 pm by Chellizard

» Gun For Hire?
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:14 pm by RoyalAurelius

» May Lee/Tigerlily
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:59 am by Nate6595

» Feisty Foxes
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:48 pm by The Nekromonga

» House Call
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:06 pm by ghost

» Paragon's Bio
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:43 pm by Nate6595

» Question of the Day
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:51 pm by Paragon_

» Factory Showdown
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by Vorik

» Corruptions of nature (Woof)
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:27 am by Rowan Eldraine

» Pay dash[OPEN to anyone]
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2020, 7:23 pm by The Perfect Sandwich

» A day in crazy town (Mac)
Match of Lifetime  I_icon_minitimeMay 28th 2020, 6:54 pm by Dustin Waugh

Superhero RPG'S Staff

Forum Moderators

Site Moderators

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2020 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Match of Lifetime  Pixel
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Match of Lifetime

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Match of Lifetime

Post by Nate6595 on January 23rd 2020, 5:44 am

Today was the day. At least, Melody hoped today would be the day. In weeks prior Melody Potts, or as many would know her, Rabbit Punch, sent out a specific letter to a well-known hero who was well respected for his strength. She hadn’t heard back from him, though that may have just been because she’s bad with mail. The letter wasn’t the product of her being a fan or her wanting to arrange a team up or partnership. The letter would be a challenge. A sparring match between two heroes. More than anything she wanted to test her strength against the apparent “big leagues” of the hero scene. She wanted to see if she could actually compare to a major league hero and see what she needed to work on. She didn’t want advice, she could gauge that for herself, what she needed was to see for herself. An unrestrained match between two heavy hitters. That’d be the request anyways, whether he would follow those guidelines or even show up at all was entirely up to him.

The event wouldn’t be a public function, though it would be videotaped, more so for Melody’s own purposes. It would not be broadcasted live, what happened to the tape afterwards was another story. The only people in attendance would be a small safety team, the recording crew, the owners of the arena and their family, and her sidekick, Samuel Grayson. He, of course, was in his hero attire and going by Odd, but he insisted on cheering her on. He was good like that, someone who always had her back, to which she was grateful for.

The arena would be large. In a stadium originally built for sports, but had been repurposed as a training ground for empowered people, seeing as how they were on the rise. It’d be in the middle of Connecticut and a good hour from a major city, only having a small town around it. Melody figured the less people around the better, in case things got intense. Around the main field there would be a track and beyond that the stands which most of the onlookers resided in. A few cement blocks had been placed around the rim of the field, acting as a sort barrier to show the edges.

There would be no real rules, no killing of course. No endangering the onlookers or the town. If the fight left the arena it was to be pushed into the opposite direction of the town, into the forest where there was less of a chance for a person to be. Bones broken on purpose and other serious injuries would be looked down upon, but again, not forbidden. This was to gauge strength after all? There could only be so much holding back before it would lose all purpose altogether. Any cheap victories wouldn’t feel good or satisfying. The type of victory which would only be suitable for Mel was an absolute victory, only by pure strength and skill.

As always, she was sure of herself. She believed herself capable and as she waited she paced back and forth on the rim of the field, waiting for her opponent. With her, was Sam, smiling and talking with her about something she was only half paying attention to. She didn’t do it on purpose and he didn’t mind, they both knew each other well and the fact that he was trying still meant a lot to her.

For now, though, all she could do was wait.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 318
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Match of Lifetime

Post by Kubi Tsuru on January 23rd 2020, 6:31 am

“Do you know how many challenges a fuckin’ professional boxer turned hero get a fuckin’ week? A fuckin’ day? Let me say, too fuckin’ many, my deluded friend. If I accepted e’ry fuckin’ one, I’d be fightin’ every day o’ my life! While tha’ sounds fun, I got shit ta do, criminals to fuckin’ chuck off buildin’s. Ya dig? So why is this one different?”

The bespeckled agent in front of him gulped; his employer wasn’t exactly known for the nicest temperament, so he had to choose his words carefully, lest he be tossed out of the nearest window, if he was lucky. Nervously, he looked around the office. It was nice, though without the glamour these high-rises usually have. As his agent, he knew this office was only rented as an address for fans and challengers to send their mail.

”Well, sir …” He began, gulping again as the massive frame of Kubi turned to face him. The office chair he was sitting in was specially designed for him, with reinforced joints (and maybe a touch of magic) to bear his weight and frame. ”This girl is different! She’s a hero, goes by Rabbit Punch. I honestly think it’ll be good for you, get your name out more. As I’ve said, the more public you go with your intentions, the more it’ll draw the criminals out of their hidey holes.”

”Or make ‘em hide deeper.”

The Agent cleared his throat impatiently, daring to take such a tone with his employer.

”As I’ve stated … numerous times, sir, that is statistically unlikely. From the crime scene footage, the man who killed your wife was a serial narcissist and is likely to want to finish the job.”

Kubi snorted in disbelief, but it didn’t take much more cajoling to get him to agree. At the very least, it was like an exhibition match he used to put on for all the school kids, back when he was a boxer.

”Fine. If we doin’ this, we doin’ this my way.

A chill ran up the agents back; he immediately regretted this decision.

He was late, as usual, with no sign of him coming. The cool, crisp air whipped up a breeze, signaling the weather was perfect for a fight, if there was to be one. And on the breeze, a slight tune of rock music. With it came the roar of a motorcycle and the music became more clear; what idiot was blaring “Bad to the Bone” loud enough to be heard from so far away?! Well, it just so happened to be her idiot. The roar of the bike got louder and louder, and suddenly as the music reached it’s crescendo, the motorcycle came flying over the walls of the stadium, landing with a crash and a flattening of the tires. The bike was huge, obviously custom built, but nothing compared to the man astride it. He simply looked too big to be allowed, a fact compounded by the leather outfit he was wearing. While good protection in case of a crash, were the tassels really necessary?

”BAD TO THE BONE!”

He sung along with the chorus off-key enough to send dogs howling, air-strumming along with the music until it faded. A grin on his face, he wiped a tear from his eye.

’Damn, tha’s a good fuckin’ song.”

As if he was going to lift it up, Kubi casually flicked the bike back over the stadium walls, only a distant crash to indicate where it might have landed. It’s fine, it was an old one anyway. Dusting his hands free of that, he turned towards who could only be Rabbit Punch. If the ears didn’t give it away, the lean muscles underneath the custom costume was a dead ringer. His knuckles cracked as he walked up to her, offering one giant, calloused hand.

”Do you know how difficult it fuckin’ is ta time yer entrance ta music? Movies make it look like a fuckin’ breeze, but it ain’t. Anyway, I’d apologize for bein’ late if it weren’t totally worth it.”

She was pretty, in a … rabbit kind of way. Normally animals weren’t his type, but he’d make an exception in this case.

”Tell ya what. Since yer a girl ‘n’ all, why don’ ya take th’ first punch? I won’ block it, I swear.”

The casual grin on his face told her more than enough; he was entirely expecting her to decline or, worse yet, take him up on his offer. As he spoke, he unzipped his jacket, tossing the material to the side and revealing his broad chest. A tattoo spread across his chest of a roaring grizzly, claws reared to attack. On anyone else it would look tacky; on him, it was frankly terrifying.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kubi Tsuru aka Titan
Kubi's Thread Tracker
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Quote : "Power isn't the ability to hurt people, but rather the ability to resist temptation."

Number of posts : 79
Job : Fire Hunter
Humor : All kinds and constantly
Registration date : 2016-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on January 29th 2020, 1:29 am

Melody’s ears flicked at the distant sound of music and the revving of the motorcycle. She had heard about this Kubi before and knew that he could go a bit overboard…but this was absolutely pushing it. She wasn’t sure what to make of it, honestly, she was just surprised this was what a top tier hero would do. Showboating was fine here and there for the camera…but this wasn’t exactly the most public event. Well, there was a camera crew but still. She wouldn’t have even minded that much if it wasn’t all that loud and obnoxious. If he had down something cool like an actual hero landing or something…but this was far from what she expected.

Then came his remarks. Those taunts and jabs. He wasn’t giving her any strand of respect. That didn’t sit well in her gut at all, she could feel a fire build up in her and she was ready to knock this man into next week, or even year. She felt energy surge in her fists, her feet digging into the ground. She was ready to jump in and punch this man right in his goddamn face. She’d try and wipe that dumbass look he had. Ooooooh, how she wanted to, but before she could actually move she felt a hand grasp her shoulder.

She turned and saw Sam, giving her that big dumb smile he had. She let out a breath, looking ever so slightly annoyed. “Yes, I know…treat him with respect. Introduce myself, ya think?”

Sam opened his mouth, “I think-”

Melody cut him off, “Listen. I know, but I really want to punch him. You can see that, right?”

“Rabbit, I was gonna-”

“Yes, I know. But don’t you go lecturing me. I’m your teacher, you’re my sidekick. I appreciate you saying so, and you’re right. I shouldn’t just hop in and do that, but-”

“Hey, wai-”

She put her foot down, “Don’t interrupt me!” She pouted at him, looking both annoyed and flustered, “I’m gonna handle it! But if it’s bothering you so much, then fine…I’ll go play nice at first, then I’ll get to it, alright?”

Sam, sighed. He rubbed the back of his head, still grinning dumbly at her. “Alright, but can I finish what I was going to say?”

“Fine.”

Sam chuckled a bit, then leaned in a bit. “I was gonna say, when you go in for the punch aim for that chin. He freaking has it coming.” He nodded at her, his grin now seeming almost devious, a foreign look for Sam. Melody approved.

She blinked at him at first, then she grinned at him and nodded, that fiery smirk coming back to her face. “Alright, I got it.” She would turn now, looking back to her opponent. He was standing there, looking so punchable. Even Sam thought she shouldn’t give away a free shot. What choice did she honestly have? She had to go in, but of course, boxing 101 you don’t just strike without thought or go in swinging randomly, she had to work her way through it.

She’d raise a hand, taking steps towards him at a steady pace. It looked as if she was greeting him, as if she was going to welcome him. Even her smile seemed welcoming despite its previous annoyance. Once she was a good thirty feet away from him, though, the expression would suddenly change. A narrow, determined look would suddenly shift onto her expression. It looked almost angry, but Mel felt calm in this moment. Her knees were bent down and she’d dart forward at an impressive speed, like a car zooming by. Once she was close enough she’d throw a punch forward, right towards his upper face, looking as if she was aiming for his nose.

But that was just a feint. She was a boxer after all.

The punch would rear back at the last moment, pulling to her side as her form twisted on her feel. She shifted her position and her back leg would swing around. She tried to sidekick the man, aiming right for his chin. In boxing, a hard enough strike to the chin would briefly stun a person. Did something to mess up the motor section of the brain or something, she never really looked into it, she just knew that’s how it worked. The force of her kick would be empowered in addition to the speed, it’d have enough force to break through a brick wall. She suspected that Kubi was more than strong enough to take a hit like that, this was just to gauge him. See how much force she could really put into her swings.

Regardless, whether the kick landed or not, she’d still try and hop back from him, keeping herself low, her knees bent and her fists tight. She was in a defensive stance, but one that allowed movement. Her eyes would be locked on him, provided he had not moved much. She’d open her mouth, sounding proud and motivated as she spoke. “The name’s Rabbit Punch. You better freakin’ take this seriously, you bastard."
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru on January 30th 2020, 3:03 pm

There it was. The rage of fire in his eyes he loved so much. It’s why he acted so infuriating, said what he said. A brief conversation with whom he could only assume was her sidekick, the actual words lost to the wind and slight murmuring of the camera crews, and she off. Oh, what a fake smile, and Kubi responded in kind; an absolute viper of a smile, one reeking of sarcastic condescension. It was coming, he knew it, the ever-familiar tingle of a fight creeping into his limbs. His first instinct was to dodge, second was to block the attack he knew was coming; but no, he made a promise.

And to break a promise to such a pretty girl would practically be a sin.

She started with a feint, a practical move and one he would likely do himself, if he cared to ever try; normally he could just brute-force his way through most situations. Oh, she was good too. A normal person would never see the kick coming. Even he could barely pick it out. She was skilled, he had to give her that, each motion controlled and measured so as not to give it away. Regardless, it would have been so easy to dodge, this rabbit chick may as well have been moving in slow motion, but he didn’t. Again he made a promise, and he intended to keep it.

The kick hit like a truck, eddies of wind scurrying around his head, sending his shaggy brown hair flying. He felt the force in his neck, in his face muscles, and then the pain. Like an iron-hot brand, it seared its way straight into his brain, threatening to overwhelm his senses. He hadn’t had a kick like that since he told Masaki she looked fat in those jeans. His jaw tightened, fighting against the irresistible urge to throw his head to help deal with the force; his bones might not thank him later, but his pride certainly would. Yet through all this, his raw, irritating smirk remained. As rabbit chick backed off, he took a moment to rotate his shoulders and rub the spot that she hit. To his surprise, it was tender, and he knew there was going to be a bruise there later.

He hadn’t been bruised in damn near a decade.

”Cute. Let me show ya how a real fuckin’ man does it.”

The bear on his chest seemed to roar with life, tattoo’s glowing bronze. This color extended to his limbs, ending in ripping claws. With a roar, he slammed these hands onto the ground, sending a shockwave of force through the ground. Cracks formed before large swaths of the area ruptured, bits of rock and chunks of earth flying every which way. A plume of dust obscured the area, torn from the ground by the sudden violence. An area easily twenty feet in diameter surrounded them, full of cracked and pitted land. A burst of force erupted from somewhere in the middle of this dust cloud, parting it to reveal the giant of a man once again, wearing what could only be described as a smug smirk. The bear-like armor had faded, leaving only the eyes of his tattoo glowing faintly.

The ground collapsed under his feet as he walked, his massive weight compressing the earth back into the ground. He was unfazed by the uneven ground, only approaching Melody, but with what intent? He was hard to read, the casual stance he took, now ten feet from her, not aggressive nor defensive, a passive counter to her professional boxing stance. He had to admit, he was impressed.

”Gotta say, you’re quite impressive. Despite that, I’ll give ya one more chance t’ give up. I don’t wanna hurt a girl on camera, ya dig?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kubi Tsuru aka Titan
Kubi's Thread Tracker
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Quote : "Power isn't the ability to hurt people, but rather the ability to resist temptation."

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on March 25th 2020, 2:43 am

Honestly, she had expected that. If a big-league hero went down after a simple kick like that then she would be leagues ahead of them. It was a good. This would actually be a challenge, and while her goal wasn’t necessarily to win, she sure as hell didn’t want to lose to this guy. He was a complete and utter asshole, a prick who was full of himself because he had some powers. It didn’t matter how strong this guy was, she was gonna give him hell for all that annoying bolstering. And if he tried to play it off as some dumb lesson, as if he was trying to teach her something like ‘don’t let others goad you into attacking or acting foolishly’ kind of bullshit she was gonna cuss him out.

Then came more words, more attempts to goad her.  Sexist words at that. But following the words, that’s when the real power came, the real demonstration of what he could. Even standing as far as she was she could feel the force, the pressure of his ability. It was a wild and almost wicked feeling power, at least from her position. Even still she couldn’t back down now. She wouldn’t allow herself to back out so easily. Especially after all that goading and seeing that annoying, taunting smirk of his.

Rabbit Punch let out a good laugh at the man’s question, that determined smirk of hers broadening. “Ha! You don’t need to worry about any of that nonsense. You couldn’t hurt a dandelion.” There was an audible crack from her fists as she rolled fingers, cracking the knuckles, “You should be worried about your own damn image and how much I’m gonna run it through the mud.”

There was a downward force, an almost gravitational pull breaking the ground beneath him. Was it the sheer weight of his ego breaking it? Or was he pulling the energy around him causing the break? She couldn’t be sure. Though, with the energy she had built up…she probably could take any pressure he put down and take about any punch he could throw. Probably. She still had to really measure what this guy could do. But taking pointless hits…she’d still work to dodge, but she wouldn’t gain any ground just standing around.

She lowered herself, one knee bending, the other leg stretching. She placed one hand in front of the other, gripping the ground tightly. She almost looked like a feral animal, even with the perked up rabbit ears. It wasn’t a normal fighting stance, far from a boxing position. She gritted her teeth together, giving a wild sort of grin, though it was filled with determination and fervor. “You know…I almost thought of respectin’ ya! But with all that talk you’re spittin’ out I realize that more than anything…I just wanna kick that ugly, fat ass of yours.”

She seemed to pull back a bit before giving a hard hop to the left, using a small burst of energy to propel her at a quicker speed, trying to get out of his line of sight. As soon as she landed she’d hop again, trying to get to the man’s back, though still remaining outside of that field of energy and shattering rock. Once behind him though she’d launch her attack. In a quick dash forward, provided there were no outside means to stop her. Once in the brunt of the output of the man’s energy she’d hope that her energy shield would be enough to withstand it threw at her. Though her assault wouldn’t take place from behind. She’d simply dart past him, trying to slide between his legs. From there, she’d try and hop up, attempting to give the man a powerful uppercut, emitting enough energy in it to bend and potential break steel. She would up the bar a little further, but still not giving it all she had.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru on May 21st 2020, 3:23 am

”Y’ got quite th’ mouth on ya, girl. I like that. Hopefully, y’ cin be as smart when yer defeated.”

Of course, Kubi had no intention of actually hitting her; she was a girl, strong or not, and Kubi just couldn’t bring himself to do it, no matter the threat. Restrain? Sure. Grope a little? Probably not, unless she asked for it. With the ferocious expression on her face, that was unlikely … but hey, stranger things have happened. As she got into a ready position, Kubi, too, began to get ready. Not by anything as simple as slipping into a boxing stance or taking his opponent seriously, oh no. Slowly, he began to stretch, working out every muscle, rolling his shoulders, then down his arms and stomach then finally his legs, bending the massive muscles like putty. He was quite flexible for such a large guy.

He had a few options here, but really, he had every plan to just take the hit. Not many things in this world could injure him, y’know; and this led to his confidence and, some would say, arrogance. She was doing something, an odd, feral-like crouch heralding some sort of movement. Kubi wasn’t worried, he never was, but he did feel a bit of anxiety the moment she moved and completely disappeared from sight. That was more worrying than whatever that crouch thing was. Quickly slipping into combat mode, he checked right, left- nothing. Just as he was about to turn around, he suddenly felt a presence between his legs, and-

The pain hit him like a sledgehammer against an old TV. Were he any less durable, it is incredibly likely that the uppercut would have shattered his skull from jawbone to cranium. As it was, his head flung backwards, the sheer force pushing him back several steps. An unprecedented reaction, especially for the opening stages of a fight. To say Kubi was shocked would be the understatement of the century. Slowly, he lowered his neck, the throbbing only worsening as his neck straightened. A trickle of blood ran down his lip where it had been slammed into his teeth. His tongue darted out to lick it clean off his lips, the salty, coppery taste a familiar one to him. It brought him back to his days running the streets of Hokkaido.

”Well. Looks like y’ got some fuckin’ claws, dontcha?”

His neck cracked as he twisted it, a jolt of pain running down his spine, which he ignored. Ultimately, he had to make a decision; Rabbit Punch was possibly one of the more dangerous foes he’s faced, even though this was supposed to be a friendly brawl. He was gonna have to get a tad bit serious. No more holding back … or at least, not holding back nearly as much. Almost the same instant he came to this conclusion, he slipped into a traditional boxer’s stance; if she knew anything about the sport, his stance suggested he was a Slugger, a style focusing on strong, single punches that often left the opponent open to counterattack. But at the same time, a brown mist swirled around him, his full body this time, quickly solidifying into the fearsome image of a bear superimposed over his body, almost like armor. When he moved, it moved, and he was still visible through the brown creature surrounding him.

”Alright. Rabbit Punch, was it? Fuck, y’ kids ‘re gettin’ less ‘n’ less original as th’ years pass.” He shook his head, the bear repeating the gesture, flapping ears and all. ”Anyway. Rabbit Punch or whatever the fuck y’ go by. What say its time t’ get serious?”

And suddenly, he was off, the ground shattering under his foot as he darted towards her. There was more power now, and speed as well. His strength was doubled, speed tripled. And more importantly, his agility, and by extension reflexes, was tripled as well. While this put him at the upper levels of his Kuma Ikari, it was worth it. His fist whistled as it flew, aiming for the gut of the girl, but he fully expected it to be blocked, deflected, or miss in some way, despite the speed. He’s seen her display, it was still nowhere near as fast as she was. Nah, this was a test. A way to stretch his muscles before the real fight.

Things were heating up now.

Kubi Tsuru aka Titan
Kubi's Thread Tracker
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum