The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Motivation (Open) [1 Week Before Red Alert]
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:21 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Paint it Black (Queen Chelle)
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2020, 8:50 pm by Silus

» Good Zeke hunting
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 14th 2020, 7:17 pm by Silus

» Retro CCC
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2020, 5:14 pm by Puglife43vr

» Dr. Metamorphosis's EXP
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2020, 7:48 am by Puglife43vr

» Adventures in a land down under (Closed)
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2020, 2:26 am by RoyalAurelius

» Sachiko
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 11:33 pm by FantasyBound

» Hunter's first Nest. (Featuring Adam the Vampire.)
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 8:50 am by Shadowoof

» Corruptions of nature (Woof)
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2020, 8:49 am by Shadowoof

» The Time Traveling Russian Dragon Slayer Demitri Orlov
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 5th 2020, 7:26 pm by jac600

» A Momentous Discovery
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 3rd 2020, 4:53 pm by Zonky Blong

» Trackdown (Jeannie Rose)
Shot in the Dark  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 2nd 2020, 9:44 pm by Jeannie Rose

Superhero RPG's Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Chat Moderators

Top posting users this week
TheDastardlyDire
Shot in the Dark  I_vote_lcapShot in the Dark  I_voting_barShot in the Dark  I_vote_rcap 
Jeannie Rose
Shot in the Dark  I_vote_lcapShot in the Dark  I_voting_barShot in the Dark  I_vote_rcap 
Silus
Puglife43vr

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2019 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Shot in the Dark  Pixel
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Shot in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Shot in the Dark

Post by Nate6595 on January 23rd 2020, 4:58 am

Trouble seemed to be popping up like weeds in the recent days. It wasn’t too bothersome, mild annoyances that needed a quick pulling to be removed. However, of the weeds one stuck out in particular to Isaac. The weed had a very specific name as well, Detective Harold Grainger. He was a well-respected detective, at least according to his men on the inside. He often got the more important jobs down at the station and he was in line for a promotion to captain. He even had a family, a recent born child. Things were looking up for this particular weed.

It was a shame he had to die, really. Isaac was a criminal and all, but he still understood and valued the police department. They kept some order is this chaotic world, and even in crime order was needed. However, Detective Grainger recently was assigned a particular case that would be Isaac’s bane. He was leading the charge on the weapons being dealt by Chimera, Isaac’s company. He was not close to uncovering the location of the main facility in which they were being transported too, but he was closer than most others, and Isaac was a careful man. He needed Detective Grainger killed, and quickly. The only problem was that another, smaller crime group recently made a public threat to him and he had been placed in protective care.

The safehouse he was going to be protected in was a six-story apartment building, top floor and he’d probably receive some protection from the department. How much? Isaac was unsure. He was a detective with a great deal of pull and respect, and it was known that a price was on his head, a good one, so…it was hard to tell how hard it would actually be to take him out. He wouldn’t waste the chance on him moving or getting more protection, he would send his best to kill the man, Nine. She was free and in the area, and after one call she was on the case.

When Nine got the call she let out a sigh of defeat. Not during the call, of course, but after. She did her job and did it well, but it was supposed to be her day off, as rare as they were. She didn’t have much say in the matter, but still, it was a pain in the ass. Thankfully, though, her apartment was close to the safe house and all it took was a quick change and she’d be ready. Her stealth suit was one, her rifle was primed, and her supplies were at the ready. It was around nine or so at night, the perfect time to strike. It’d be dark and easier to move about unhindered, unspotted.

She went to roof, stretching her arms up and then…she’d leap to the next building, beginning to jump from one ledge of a roof to the next. She was still some ways off, a block or two, but her plan was to enter in through the fourth floor and work her way up, using her stealth suit. She couldn’t risk going through the main door and alert any potential protection the detective had.

She really hoped there was no one serious protecting the guy…that was the last thing she needed.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Male

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 276
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Shot in the Dark

Post by Cerek on January 25th 2020, 5:26 pm

Detective Granger was not unknown to Cebra, having assisted him in previous investigations. It was that sort of tenuous partnership where Cebra could do the more seedy things the detective couldn't, while Granger could provid Cebra information he could not get from police sources. It was a stretch to say they were buddy buddy however when Cebra got wind there might be a hit out on Granger, he couldn't let such a valuable source go unprotected. Cebra was already in the safehouse using the fake ID of Patrick Roberts, as to fit in with the security detail. Cebra was still technically a vigilante and wanted by authorities so this task was dangerous on many ends. Ever the trained soldier Cebra had taken quite a few precautions in order to defend the safehouse.

Motion sensors, camera drones the size of an ant and littered the building they were in, as well as a few buildings surrounding that might have a vantage point over their position. Cebra mostly spent his time in solitude keeping watch as all his security devices were linked to him. Though every once in a while a guard would come by to check on Cebra finding it odd he'd be given permission to go off by himself, but such were orders and a big deal was never made. It was mostly explained away as Cebra being an outside agent contracted by Granger. His clothing different and clearly not part of thr group; The black turtleneck, the combat boots, the cargo pants. Looked more like a spy than security. Cebra had only brief contact with Granger even in the safehouse, thinking it better to not draw attention to the two of them conversing. They kept in contact via communications devices attached to the ear.

Cebra after a while of inactivity decided to take a step outside a back door to have a smoke and fresh air ironically.
Cerek
Cerek
Posting Master
Posting Master

Male

Quote : "Humans are comprised of whiny, entitled, arrogant, fat, ugly usurpers and I will be damned before I care what they think" -Cebra Ulkenne

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 400
Humor : dark
Registration date : 2017-03-20

https://www.wireclub.com/users/bad_wolf__

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum