The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Poe I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Poe I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Poe I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Poe I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Poe I_vote_lcapPoe I_voting_barPoe I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Poe I_vote_lcapPoe I_voting_barPoe I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Poe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Poe Empty Poe

Post by Nate6595 December 27th 2019, 3:46 pm

Poe

"I fight for a just caws."

The Bio

Hero Name: Poe
Title: The Ghost Feather
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Ghost
Hair: Ethereal light-blue
Eyes: Ethereal light-blue
Height: 5’9
Weight: 130 lbs
Blood type: Ectoplasm

The Looks

Octavia’s form is a bit strange. Her entire body is the same ethereal light-blue color, though she is only partially see through. While her eyes still have a white sclera, her irises are the same light-blue color as her skin and hair. Her hair is short and done up in a ponytail with the bangs coming down each side of her face. She has a fairly average build though she was never one to bulk up. When it comes to her expression she usually carries herself with some bit of pride and self-assuredness, but in an almost carefree sort of way. She is able to turn her skin a normal color for a short time, her original skin color was Caucasian, a bit pale, but not overly so.

When it comes to attire she is usually in rather modern clothing. She loves tank-tops and les shorts, though she usually wears some form over unbuttoned button-up shirt, though only very loosely. She does try and dress in the season to, changing her attire to fit the situation. Where exactly she gets the clothes is another story though…

When it comes to her hero attire she gains a black feather, sleeveless overshirt, black feather bracers, and loose, black cloth pants with matching cloth shoes. Most notably she wears a painted wooden mask, feather decorating the rim of it. The eyes have been painted a light orange color with black centers the rest of the mask being painted whites, blacks, and blues. The mask also has a beak section which sticks out from the rest. The mask only covers her eyes, nose and forehead, allowing people to see her mouth and hair. While in her hero form she also has two large black wings which extend from her back and talons on her hands and feet.

The Personality

Octavia, or how she prefers, Tavi is a fun-loving girl who is always eager to get into some kind of trouble, though usually for the fun of it. She enjoys drinking and using some less than legal substance just for the sake of having a good time (her body can take it). She is just someone who wants to have a good time. She loves to joke around and throw the frequent prank, she tends to not take things overly seriously. She considers herself more of a good friend rather than a good person, though she will go out of the way for a stranger.

Honestly, the only real reason she became a hero is because a newfound friend convinced her to do so. Eventually, she learned to love the thrill of it.

The Story

Let’s skip over all that boring stuff about how she died or what is causing her to remain alive or where she got that creepy bird mask. No no, lets focus in on the now! The fun stuff! As a ghost Tavi isn’t really at risk of getting bodily harm from using too many drugs or drinking too much, though she can still get a deal of pleasure from it. For the first year of her death she spent most of her time going from place to place (or more accurately, bar to bar) having as much fun as she could.

She often started urban legends, though usually it was caused by her drinking too much or smoking a bit too much of something and going nuts, creating a whole mess of mischief. All in all, it was a good afterlife, one of carefree antics and enjoying troublemaking.

Of course, her path would soon alter as a kind hero was departed to dispatch of her. Of course, this kind hero saw no issue in her existence and all of the trouble was just harmless fun that only mildly inconvenienced people. Instead, he offered to keep her company and hang out with her. In this time, the kind hero was attacked and captured, only to be rescued by Tavi. Laughing, he said she would make a good hero and she took that to heart. Heeding the words of her first real friend since her death she decided to use her powers for good and to become a hero. (Though, still she partied as much as she could, trying to have as much fun on the way as possible).

The Priority

1. Strength
2. Agility
3. Reaction
4. Endurance

The Powers

Ghost Powers: As a ghost, Tavi has access to several cliché and common powers often found amongst ghosts. Of course, there are some drawbacks and limitations that aren’t as commonly known, but for the most part when you think of a ghost, Tavi can probably do it!

-Possession: Tavi can possess weaker willed people and can affect objects (causing them to levitate slightly/move them across the room), make technology go on the fritz (TV turning on and off/changing channels, turning on and off lights, messing with radio stations/sending out weird messages, strange messages on computers, and, Tavi’s favorite, setting off alarms). (Permission based).

-Invisible: For a short time Tavi can turn invisible, only becoming a faint shimmer/fog-like entity moving around.

-Phase: Tavi can phase through walls and other solid surfaces as well as turning her body incorporeal to allow most things to phase through her.

-Levitate: Tavi can float a few feet off of the ground, at least four to five feet on average, but can stretch it up to ten to twenty feet for a few moments if she started at that height (IE. She exits the window that is twenty feet above the ground), allowing herself to avoid ground based traps.

-Sudden force: When angry, Tavi can release a sudden surge of energy that can knock things from their places, similar in power to winds going 25mph to 40mph.

Ghost House- Tavi, using most of energy, can possess an entire building and affect every inanimate object in the building, causing complete pandemonium and chaos, able to throw things to and fro, shutting and locking doors, causing Sudden Forces here and there, and causing ghastly images of herself to appear in different locations.

Blackflight Form: The strange mask that Tavi possesses allows her to take on crow/raven-like features and gives her further abilities.

-Black Wing: On Tavi’s back two large wings can expand outward and allow her to fly up to speeds of 70-80mph at heights of about 500 feet. The wings are not composed of bones or anything of the sort, father it is just a vast collection of strange black feathers. She, at most, can lift up to two average weighted people.

-Talons: Tavi’s talons are incredibly sharp, able to cut through weaker metals when enough force is put into it. The talons also allow her to have a strong grip on things, she could, in theory, hold onto a speeding trade with ease if needed to.

-Feather Shot: Tavi can shoot out black feathers from her wings and bracers which have the same force of an arrow, but are less sharp and rarely pierce skin, at most in a single shot, if shot in the right place, she could knock someone out.

-Bird Talk: Tavi can communicate and to some degree, command local ravens and crows, learning what they know and have seen. Commands usually extend to about asking to scout locations or trying to retrieve small objects, never to attack/assault something.

Murder of Crows- Using a good portions of her energy Tavi can conjure up a flock of ethereal black crows which barrage a target with supernatural force. While the amount of force is similar to that of a light machine gun, the Murder can phase through inorganic substances to strike targets hiding behind it. The Murder of Crows is composed of fifty to a hundred crows, though she can fire off just one or two if she wants.

Strength of the Mask- The mask she wears is incredibly tough, able withstand strong explosive forces and similar physical damage. The mask will slowly repair itself if left alone for long enough. The mask is bound to Tavi and if removed from her person will return to her in a few minutes.

Life after Death- Tavi takes damage a bit differently. Normal things can still due damage to her, but it isn’t fatal so to speak. Rather, it wears her down. She has a certain amount of energy each day and taking damage drains that energy. When she runs out of energy she is forced to fallback to the inside of the mask where she must rest for a day or two depending on the damage.  

The Weaknesses

In the Daylight: Due to her mask, Tavi has been cursed so that she can never touch daylight. If she is fully exposed to daylight she is forced to withdraw into the mask until the light of day is gone from it. If she is partially exposed to it she is greatly weakened and exhausted, feeling as though she is sleep deprived.

Out of Breath: For her phasing and invisibility it is a similar action to holding one’s breath. She can phase for at most ten to fifteen seconds and turn invisible for up to thirty seconds to a minute. If she is doing both she can only maintain them for ten seconds.

Can’t Touch This: When Tavi is phasing she cannot touch or interact with anything, making it useless for offense, only allowing her to use it defensively. If she unphases while inside a solid thing she will be pushed to nearest free space and momentarily stunned.

That Still Hurts!: Despite being a ghost Tavi still has feelings! Also, she can still take damage. Being hit with a bat still hurts and she can still feel it, though the damage such as a broken bone isn’t received. Getting hurt is incentive, like any other person, to back off of something or to not do something altogether.

Energy Limits: Tavi has an energy limit as to what she can do in a day. Extensive use of any of her abilities will cause a massive drain on that energy and cause her to recede back into her mask so she can rest and recover that energy.

Iron: Weapons and anything generally crafted from iron does increased damage to her, similar to how a baseball bat can damage a regular person. Further, Tavi can’t phase through things made from iron.

Can’t Smoke That!: Burning sage greatly weakens her and prevents her from possessing people, using Sudden Force, and makes her physically weaker. The longer she is exposed to the smell of sage the more and more exhausted she gets.

Can Snort That!: Purified salt is the worst, especially when in salt circles. Not only does purified salt burns her skin, but in order for her to pass circles or lines of purified salt it causes her a great deal of stress and will exhaust her further.

Gone for Good: Despite being a ghost Tavi can still move on, pass away, so on and so forth. Further, if her mask was to break permanently she would be bound to a single establishment, unable to leave until she found a new vessel.

-She can move on if: If she makes peace/finishing her unfinished business and then chooses to move on, if a portal to the afterlife is opened and she shoved in, if the mask is destroyed while she is inside of it, or if she enters a deal with someone in which the consequence is her permanent death.

-The mask can be destroyed permanently if it thrown into lava, if a dagger that has been soaked in crow or raven’s blood pierces it, if Tavi breaks it herself, or if someone she is close to and has formed a strong bond with chooses to break it.

Shiny Stuff: Due to her bond with ravens and crows Tavi is highly attracted to things that are shiny and can easily be distracted or lured into traps by things that shine or sparkle.

Holy Ground: When on the ground of a holy site belonging to a major religion Tavi’s powers are greatly weakened, only able to perform at half the quality she normally does. This excludes graveyards.

Wet Feathers: Flying in stormy conditions or when her feathers have been soaked are less than agreeable for Tavi. She is greatly slowed, only being able to go at half speed and having a hard time navigating and maintaining balance in said conditions.

I don't wanna talk about it...: Tavi, more than anything, hates talking about the way she died. It makes her emotional and unreasonable. When she is around things related to how she died she gets very uncomfortable, nervous, and in general her powers and general focus is weakened.

The Items

Tavi keeps on her person, though it is unsure where she keeps all of this: A cellphone, her mask, a flask with some hard liquor in it, a wallet, drugs of multiple varieties, another flask with vodka in it, an old family locket, some candy, a pair of handcuffs, a pair of fuzzy handcuffs, and another flask with some random booze in it.

Tavi currently lives in a large abandoned home in NYC, a very fancy apartment building which was once home to a wealthy family.

The Minions

While they do not work for her, nor do they have the ability to follow her around, the home she lives in is also occupied by other ghosts who love her like a family would.

The Fluff

Tavi loves to party. She. Loves. To. Party.
Always down for any sort of new experience.
Despite being a hero she is not above pulling pranks that are semi-illegal and the occasional small theft.
She is not one to avoid trouble.
She is never one who half asses shenanigans.
She does try her best to be a good hero when it is needed.
She always tries to be a better friend.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Nate6595 on December 28th 2019, 4:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Poe Empty Re: Poe

Post by Zonkes December 28th 2019, 2:58 pm

Okay! This looks good except you're missing one weakness, and possession needs to be clarified as permission based.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 December 28th 2019, 4:24 pm

Fixed it, boss
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 December 28th 2019, 4:25 pm

Just for you!
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes December 28th 2019, 4:26 pm

Approved and moved.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes June 21st 2020, 2:17 am

Retired.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum