The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_vote_lcapThe Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_voting_barThe Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby Empty The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby

Post by Secret Santa December 23rd 2019, 11:17 am

Trilby

"Death is the end... my arse!"

The Bio

Renegade Name: Trilby
Title: Gentleman Thief
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Anglo-Saxon
Hair: Ginger
Eyes: Gray
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Blood type: O+

The Looks

Zachary is your typical Ginger Glasweigan lad, pale and baldness starting to set in. While he knows how to groom and dress up for high society, with a fine collection of formal wear for every occasion, deep down he's still a sweat pants and jacket boy from Glasgow.

The Personality

Trilby is that sort of fellow that does his thing and little else. While a canny thief and can be charming when he needs to be, he can be a slob and a slacker, preferring to hit the pub with his mates or play video games. He is taking his newfound ability in stride, with many, many trips to the pubs and downing twice as many pints as he can, capping it off with sleeping pills. He alternates between apathy and complete horror as a result. Never having been a good fighter or the sort, he now fears death even more, as he is bound to experience more than one. “Death is not the end.” Indeed.

The Story

Zachary Porter Wensley is a troubled, orphaned youth who drifted through British foster homes and the mean streets of Glasgow. He was always smaller than most of the hoodlums who worked the streets, so Zachary had to be smarter and quicker, preferring cons and pickpocketing to get by rather than roughing up anyone- not that he could anyway. In his teens he eventually had the (mis)fortune to target a much older, retired gentleman thief, a James Porter Wensley. After offering Zachary the choice of becoming either his student or be turned in at the precinct, Wensley brought out Zach’s full potential as a gentleman thief, teaching him the ropes and do more than just survive but thrive. Grateful he took his mentor’s name.

It was only a week ago from the current time that Zachary and James worked a high stakes heist at a manor. Infiltrating the party as a pair of eccentric millionaire collectors, they manage to sneak to the private study where a certain collection of books were kept. Moving quick to remove the valuables, a dark armored metahuman just happened to appear – and quickly separated James from his head, and Zachary from his blocking hands. As he lay dying, his eyes fell on one of the books that lay open, his blood seeping into the pages.

Zachary would then experience something roughly similar to awaking from a horrible nightmare. His arms ached from where the metahuman had sliced. Except, he was seated on a toilet, and peeked outside- only to see his attacker leaving, and his mentor on the ground dead… as well as Zachary’s corpse. How did it happen? Zachary felt sick, weak and confused. Falling on his training, he left the manor with the minor loot he had poached from the guests. And his mentor’s hat, the Trilby.

Zachary would learn his nightmare was very much real. Not paying attention to his surroundings, he passed through a rough neighborhood where old enemies lived- Zach found himself on the wrong side of a gun, and again, found himself respawned in a nearby disused British Phone booth once his assailants had left. He surmised that, yes, indeed, he respawns… a quirk that would likely come in handy on future heists.

Current status is laying low, as the owner of that book is likely looking for him. Zachary is occupying himself with small time crimes, as he has taken on himself the deed of taking care of James’s aging mother, grieving wife and explaining to his accountant daughter the circumstance of the master thief’s death.

The Priority

1. Agility 1
2. Endurance 4
3. Reaction 2
4. Strength 3

The Powers

Infinite Respawn: precisely 13 seconds after dying, Trilby ‘reappears’ just out of view of his killer or away from his cause of death, perhaps around a corner or behind a door, completely unharmed. Zach is fully aware of where his old body is, and suffers some phantom pain of his last death. His old body is a normal corpse. If killed multiple times, multiple bodies will appear.

The Weaknesses

Normal human being – Beyond his skills as a thief, Trilby has no other thing going for him.

Respawn does not remove conditions – Trilby’s allergies and weak knee persist even after respawning. It does not seem to be a cure to long term conditions, only reversing something that causes death within the past 13 seconds. Of course, if he bled out for several minutes he would respawn with the bleeding stopped. However if he died with a tracker or other foreign object that does not harm him directly, the tracker or object remains.

The Items

Nothing of note. Trilby has access to the black market but otherwise sticks to mundane gear, such as night vision goggles, smart phones, climbing gear, and so forth.

The Fluff

Thief Skills – Picking locks, discreet trespassing, cracking safes, forgery, disguise, planning – Trilby knows it all, and a well seasoned and infamous thief.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Secret Santa
Secret Santa

Quote : "Ho Ho Ho"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Job : Holiday organizer
Humor : Jolly
Registration date : 2019-11-08

Back to top Go down

The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby Empty Re: The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby

Post by Thorgron December 24th 2019, 12:03 pm

Approved until stated otherwise!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Curious Case of the Gentleman Thief, Trilby Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top