The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
Superhero RPG'S Staff

Forum Moderators

Site Moderators

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2020 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Lake Night Terrors - Page 3 Pixel
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Lake Night Terrors

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Re: Lake Night Terrors

Post by Yang S. on January 29th 2020, 8:23 am

Yang would shuffle through several more drawers, but her efforts would be futile. It seemed that these people were thorough as they made sure to leave no aid for the would-be trespassers. Yang couldn’t even use the computers to check for information. There was a small room just behind the counter that Yang would slip into as Melody continued to investigate the lobby. Inside the small room, Yang found more of the same. An inoperable computer, empty desk drawers, an empty trashcan, and even an empty weapons locker. There were only two ways for them to go, the side door Melody had opened, and a large sliding door that required a key card to open.

“Let’s see where this leads first” Yang would say, pointing to the fancy hallway just beyond the door Melody opened. “We can level that door after.” Yang would take point this time, moving past Melody and into the hallway. Yang moved cautiously down the long corridor, her hand clenched tightly into a fist with a small stream of energy flowing into it. If something tried to surprise her, she would be ready for it.

The notion of being attacked felt highly likely. The statues gave off an uneasy feeling about them. Marble statues depicting humans oddly mangled or twisted in agony. Each one posed differently from the last. The painting didn’t do anything to help either. They all seemed to be paintings of catastrophe in some way. “Whoever asked for this stuff to be put here really needs to see a shrink.” Upon reaching the end of the hallway, the two woman were forced to make a right turn. When they rounded the corner, they were met by two large fancy looking doors. On both sides were walls made of frosted glass, making it difficult to peer inside. That being said, Yang would swear she saw movement.

Yang would press her shoulder to the door, her gaze shifting back to Melody. “I’ll lead. Stay close.” Without much warning, Yang would bash the door with her shoulder causing them to fly open. Her hand would immediately shoot up, an orb of energy forming in her hand. “HANDS UP!” she’d shout, upon noticing a figure behind a large oak desk near the back of the room.

The figure, jumped with a small scare, but drew a gun almost as soon as Yang had burst through the door. They were clad in what appeared to be a security officers uniform. Heavy body armor and plenty of fire power adorned their body, while their head remained obscured by a baclava and ballistic helmet. “Don’t shoot!” the figure spook, raising their hands. “Please give me a second.” they would plead as they lowered their gun onto the desk. The security officer would proceed to remove their helmet, revealing a slender woman’s face. Her skin was nearly as pale as snow, her hair though messy was jet black and fashioned in a bob cut. From here it was hard to tell, but her eyes seemed an unusual color. “You must be the two who caused all the fuss.”

Yang arched a brow in confusion, lowering her arm and allowing the orb to fade. “Us? Yeah were like super fans, had to see the place with our own eyes and all that jazz.”

“Well super fans, you might have just ruined my chances of bringing this whole operation down!” the woman retorted while undoing some of the heavy gear she was wearing. “Im sorry, what?” Yang said, her confusion only growing as the slender woman stripped down in front of her and Melody.

The woman would eventually wiggle her way out of the uniform to reveal a tight silk red dress that clung to her form. She would then attach a shoulder harness and gun belt from the uniform to her before briefly flashing a badge at the two young women. “Aden Li. Im with the FBI.” she’d say hastily while making sure she had everything she needed from the uniform she was wearing. “Im with a special task force that has been looking into the mysterious disturbances reported from the town. I worked my way in as a rookie security officer. I was making some progress in finding out what was going on, until you two showed up….Now you’re going to help me” she’d say with a stern look before walking towards and eventually past Yang and Melody. “Come with me.”

Yang S.

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2019-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on March 25th 2020, 5:22 am

Melody was quick to follow Yang’s lead, keeping a good distance, but close enough that she could hop into action if needed. She wasn’t one to just leave a partner hanging after all. When Yang barged in and yelled for the new woman to put up her hands Melody’s fists were raised and charged with energy, reading to burst down anything this woman might pull. But…no…no. She was part of the FBI or some nonsense like that? It was far from what Melody expected to find behind this door, though, then again…this entire trip had been strange. She was supposed to be on vacation and yet…here she was. Biting some ungodly forces in an underground lab that on top of an abandoned summer camp. Nothing about this had been normal and she stop trying to expect things and just roll with the punches.

“Oi! You’re not behind this right?! If you are, we’re here to clobber you!” She said punching a fist into an open palm, obviously ready to go. She wanted to be done with this entire thing, tired of the whole ordeal, though Melody’s ears dropped some, “O-oh…not behind this. Gotcha…” She'd give a nod to the woman, "The name's Rabbit Punch. Professional Hero."

As the woman spoke Melody slowly eased from her combative stance; lowering her fists to her side and straightening up. She’d still be ready to strike and it wasn’t like bullets could hurt her all that much given the energy she had charged, but still…it was better to be ready in case this woman was actually a foe. She gave Yang a sideways glance, followed by a confused shrug. She mouthed the word “FBI?” as if Yang might have an answer as to why a government group would be here.

Of course, the woman was offering to lead them on and regardless of whether or not Melody trusted this woman it would lead somewhere. Some lead would be better than none so…Melody gave a nod to the woman, then to Yang. She Yang a confident smirk, as if she was saying to trust her on following this woman. Though, as they walked Melody’s ears would perk up. She’d look behind them just in time to notice a strange shadow move quickly out of sight. They were being followed or watched by something. Maybe an ambush waiting to be strike? Again…it would have to be a wait and see kind of thing. Melody had a feeling that if she waited and was ready the answers would come to her.

Still though, as they walked Melody casually bumped into Yang, leaning over to quickly whisper in her ear; quiet in the hopes that Li person wouldn’t pick up on. “Being followed, waiting to see what it is. Lets follow her and see where it leads.” She’d pull away giving Yang another nod, hoping that her partner would comply. But, of course, the choice would be hers. Regardless of what happened, Melody would be ready.

She kept her ears perked up and focused on the thing behind them. It was skittering around. Quadrupedal. Claws. Faint panting. And then there was…dripping? Drool? Maybe blood on fangs dripping down and hitting the floor? It wasn’t easy to tell that last part, but it was a predator of sorts. A damn quiet one at that. Fast too. And it knew to wait to strike so there was some semblance of intelligence in it. It wasn’t just a random animal that got locked in here, though she’d be surprised if that was the case. She’d be surprised at this point if anything was normal in this place.

She balled her hands into fists, giving them a light charge of energy. She would be ready to strike given anything that might come to strike them.
Nate6595
Nate6595
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Male

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 296
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. on March 25th 2020, 10:01 pm

Yang would give a shrug to Melody as agent Li moved past them and beckoned for the two to follow her. As they were lead back out into the hallway, Yang would feel a nudge on her arm and a warning from Melody that they were being followed. Yang might not have been born with a great sense of hearing like her fellow hero, but she could feel something moving through the latent energy in the air behind them. Its movements while skiddish and hurried, were also cautious. It was like they were being followed by a predator of some kind.

Agent Li would eventually lead the two, to the large bulkhead door that sat at the back of the lobby area where they had first arrived. With a simple swipe of her wrist against a touch pad, Agent Li would unlock the door. Heavy machinery could be hear whirling and moving as the massive door opened up to reveal a massive cylindrical room. Smack dab in the center was another cylinder that seemed to be an elevator. Yang tried to follow it all the way up to see where it led, but it disappeared into the shadows far above their heads. “Thing’s gotta go on for at least another ten stories or so based on the elevator ride we took.” she’d comment.

“Try another thirty. Were far below the surface here. And that’s just going up. There’s another fifty floors below us.” Li would say, keeping a stern expression as she’d motion for them to follow her across the walkway to the center cylinder. From here it was possible to see two other walkways that extended to the left and right of the main elevator. Both led to doors similar to the one they had just came through. “So uh, Agent…”
“Li” The woman would answer back, to the obvious bait Yang was trying to set up. She’d give the young Aeteran and her companion a sharp glance over the shoulder before turning her attention forward.
“Right, Li! So uh Agent Li what exactly are we supposed to be helping you with?” Yang would ask, her glance wandering around, picking up any and all details she saw.

“In order to bring this organization to ground, we’ll need to find any hard evidence that links them to the mysterious cases plaguing the nearby town. We’ll also need samples of the bio weapons they’ve been making here and any notes they might have left behind about them.”

“Hold up….You mean to tell me, you want us to help you acquire highly dangerous bio samples and just turn them over to the government? That aint happening.”

“You really want these people to get away with what they’re doing here? If we don’t stop them, then they’ll just move on to another backwoods American town and continue their research, Hurting much more innocent people in the process.”

When Aden put it that way, it made Yang and Melody almost seem as bad as whoever these people were. If they hadn’t let their curiosity get the better of them, then its possible Agent Li could have gotten what she needed without any issues. Now there was a chance that these people had erased any and all incriminating evidence. And if that was the case and what Li said was true, then more innocent people could be hurt due to the two young women’s naivete. “Come on, one of the labs is this way.” Aden would say, pointing to the door at the end of the left walkway.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on March 29th 2020, 4:22 am

Melody let out a long sharp whistle as she looked at the towering shaft at which the elevator could ascend and descend. Part of her wanted to spit off the edge, but she was with pleasant company and she’d resist such an urge. At least for now. Maybe on their way back up. This did, however, seem rather dire. The thought of taking something like this organization down sounded promising and in the realm of what Melody would usually find herself doing. Not that she did this often, but…well, she had taken on big bads before and these guys seemed pretty bad. At least an eight out of ten on a badness scale.

She’d listen to the two talk, Yang asking questions and Li replying with…less than preferable answers. It didn’t sit right turning this into the government. Sure they could take such an organization down, probably…but, Melody knew that the government weren’t the best group of people either and turning in anything that could be harmful to the company’s reputation could also be used by the government against enemy foreign nations and if it was a bio weapon…Melody’s ears flicked. She didn’t like that, and she also didn’t like the sound of the thing behind them.

The thing was big. Bigger than she first thought. Or maybe it was getting bigger. It was still far off and as she looked over her shoulder the creature was still nowhere to be seen. She lazily turned her gaze back to Agent Li, giving her an unimpressed look. She’d follow along, though Yang might be able to see the disapproval in her eyes, that maybe Mel wasn’t go along with Li’s plan or goal.

As they walked Mel casted a glance to the side, chewing the inside of her mouth. “So…Agent Li.” She cleared her throat, shoving her hands into her jacket pocket. It was pretty dirty now, something she had failed to realize until now. That was a bummer. It was a gift from Sam for her last birthday. The poor guy’s heart would be hurt if he saw the state of it. “This evidence…this sample you’re after.” She’d looked forward to her now, “You sure they’d go to the right people? People who wouldn’t replicate it? The government is full of people who could misuse that info, ya know?”

She’d sigh as Agent Li proceeded to open up a large glass door with a sign over it clearly labelling the following room as a lab. Melody would go on, though, “I’d feel better just smashing this place up and personally going after the organization’s heads, bringing them down. Plus, destroying this place would set them back some. I imagine. I’m all for hiding evidence to bring ‘em down, but a sample? Now that just sounds sketchy to me. I’m sure there’s other evidence we could find that’s not as…you know, deadly? Capable of being replicated and sold or reused and repurposed for military use. I’m a hero and this entire thing seems like a morally grey situation. I can’t speak for my friend here, but none of this is sitting right with me.”
Nate6595
Nate6595
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Yang S. on March 29th 2020, 5:29 am

As the trio made their way towards the lab, Melody voiced her concerns. Which were pretty much in line with what Yang was thinking. The government couldn’t be trusted with a sample of some experimental biological weapon. No good could come of that. Yang had half a mind to destroy this sample if they ever found it. Surly if they could find research notes or some other incriminating evidence it would be enough to drag this organization through the mud. And with that logic in mind she was content with not letting agent Li have the sample should they find one.

By the time the three woman had reached the door, Yang had felt a growing presence nearby. Much like before she couldn’t pinpoint where it was, but she could tell it was moving, based on how the flow of energy around them was being affected. No sooner did the door to the lab wing open, Yang felt a sudden twinge and with last minute thinking, she’d push both Melody and agent Li forward. A large massive figure would land on the walkway where the two woman had been standing. Its enormous weight caused the walkway to shift, nearly throwing Yang off balance.

“I was wondering when we’d run into you again.” she’d say glancing up at the massive figure. Now that she was face to face with the creature she could see that it really shouldn’t have been able to move, let along be alive. Tubes ran all over its body connecting various attachments to one another. Quickly looking past the large beast Yang would call out to Melody and Li. “Get out of here! Go find that evidence. I’ll keep ugly here busy.”

Agent Li didn’t need to hear that twice. She’d quickly tug on Melody’s arm in an attempt to drag her along towards the lab. “Come on! We wont get another opportunity like this. Who knows what else they’re gonna send after us. We need to hurry.”

Knowing the idea wasn’t going to sit well with Melody based on the short time they had been together, Yang made sure to reassure the young hero that everything would be ok. “Just go! I’ll join up with you guys in no time at all. Wont even know Im gone!” she said with a sly smirk before firing a tiny little energy beam at the large creature. “This way big guy. We got a fight to finish!”

The moment the monster seemed to turn its back, agent Li would close the door behind it. “This way lets go, while your friend is buying us time.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Yang S.
Yang S.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on April 4th 2020, 5:40 am

There was so much going and honestly Melody wasn’t sure if the big hulking figure who dropped down to face off against Yang was the thing following them. Though, now that it was here and causing a ruckus she couldn’t hear the subtle sounds of that other creature now. If whatever stalked them decided to strike at Yang while she fought…she was strong but would she be able to handle both? Mel gritted her teeth. She didn’t like this situation, yet she was being goaded to move on. Pressed to. And Yang asserted that she should. She would have to trust her teammate for now and if trouble did come up then Mel would hop back in a jiffy.

She looked to the lab door and ran it, but not before looking over her shoulder and yelling over to Yang, “Oi! Fuck that thing up! If ya don’t I’m gonna whoop your ass when I get back!” And then the door closed behind her, leaving the Agent and her alone in a dimly lit lab.

The ceiling lights flicked on with life, but then kept flickering like a broken strobe light. Honestly, it bothered Mel’s eyes, but at the end of the lab there was a glass room filled with vials and a large monitor. The room’s light had not flickered out and remained on, it was like a beacon of hope in an otherwise creepy room. Li proceeded forward, but Mel just looked at her with a raised brow. Did this woman know no fear? This was obvious a trap of some sort, or something would pop up and attack. But yet, she proceeded and nothing happened.

Melody was surprised by that. She was sure that something would’ve happened, but…huh. Oh well. She proceeded forward, keeping her ears perked up and listening to the fight outside. It sounded rough, but still, she trusted her companion to get through it. Yang may have even been able to give her a hard time if they were to fight. She was still confident she’d win, but…well, she was usually confident on such matters. Regardless, she decided to trudge forward after the agent. She didn’t speak much, just quietly keeping an eye out for anything dangerous. Sure enough, though, they managed to reach the glass room with no trouble at all.

Melody looked at her as the agent worked on the door, sighing some, “So…this where you’re gonna get the sample, yeah?” She asked lazily, turning to look around. Of course, the agent didn’t answer at first, shushing Mel so she could focus on the door. It took a few moments for the door to open, the agent having successfully hacked into it. Melody once again followed the agent forward, though as soon as they were in the door behind them closed again, trapping them.

Mel had known it was too good to be true.

As they both stood back to back in the glass room the lights around the outside room stopped flickering, going completely black, but only for a moment. The lights would flicker back on and stay that way. On the far wall, opposite of where they came Mel spotted it, the beast that she had heard. It was huge. It was a dog-like thing the size of a car, fleshy tendrils of red and a pinkish color stretching from its bag and wavering in the air. Its mouth was filled with uneven, jagged teeth, drool dripping down and sizzling against the floor.

This was gonna be fun…
Nate6595
Nate6595
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Male