The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Deleted I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Deleted I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Deleted

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Classytootsypop August 1st 2019, 10:08 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Classytootsypop on January 21st 2020, 6:08 pm; edited 46 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleting due to totally being ignored.)
Classytootsypop
Classytootsypop

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Re: Deleted

Post by Silus August 1st 2019, 10:55 pm

Not a bad concept at all! My primary concern, however is the vague nature of the three "spells" she has. Especially considering the use of spells are to be more specific than powers thenselves are. These are all VERY broad.

What does it mean to become a Created Avatar? Do they inherit different stats? What does this all entail? If they gain new powers or features?

What items is she capable of summoning? Just anybitem.she can think of? Magical or otherwise? Rare items that only another PC might have?

Coding spells? This spell is part of a spell list. You're using a spell to have more spells? That's just a little over the boarder there.

Feel free to DM me or get in touch with me whenever you'd like if you feel i misunderstand something, or if you'd like active assistance with the app itself!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Deleted Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Classytootsypop August 1st 2019, 11:57 pm

Thanks! I gave more details!

I just listed Coding Spells as giving more details on the nature of that particular power. Basically all of those bullet points are descriptive expansions on the initial power of coding magic (Reality coding/Hacking/Manipulation).
Classytootsypop
Classytootsypop

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 6th 2019, 2:51 pm

Alright. Look. This is a cool concept. I stick by that. I think what you're doing here though, is essentially covering TOO much ground for a STARTING character.

Summoning your avatars from games would be fine. If you didn't just list 6 characters, 7 if you include the PC herself.

Her items cover a lot of a basis. That's fine. I'm cool with this. These rings of infinitium need to be discussed though. I'm on vacation but I'll try my best to put my phone on alerts so you can get ahold of me.

The primary issue that we have here. There is no credible weakness here.

Weakness: Reality Coding/Hacking/Manipulation:
Spoiler:
Her mana pool is the key to this weakness. I've combat this over and there are only 4 times Mana is ever even mentioned in your app. [b] Summon Items: "who has many enchanted items that she can use to increase her magical power or mana pool.", This weakness (Weakness: Reality Coding/Hacking/Manipulation:), Weakness: Rings Of Infinium, and when referencing "Spells that take tons of mana might kill the caster, but Selina can cast them without that danger." This tells me that her mana pool can chance with her transformation into the avatars as well, which then means this weakness is not even a weakness either. Neglecting the fact her other items make it rather easy to keep mana high. This isn't really a weakness as far as I, or any of the other staff can tell.

Weakness: Enhanced Memory:
Spoiler:
Again this weakness is sort of obvious. Being nigh-omnisiac doesn't make you remember things you can't have seen to remember. Her bad eyesight would be a more credible weakness, however you run into the same problem here. Do her game avatars have the same weakness as her? Or do they counter this as well?

Weakness: Enhanced Learning:
Spoiler:
LIMITATIONS are not weaknesses. A limitation is something put on how a power works or hindering it mechanically. This isn't a weakness, It's common sense. Knowing how calculus and quantum theory doesn't make me able to physically make something to do that. Though if there were other genuine weaknesses I'd have thrown it a bone and taken it.

Weakness: Get Out More!:
Spoiler:
This weakness is EASILY circumvented with her powers. Because she can become any one of her game avatars. Her powers literally negate her weakness.

Reality warping/Reality Manipulation is a very, very heavily restricted power. I am open to the concept of allowing this character to do these things. But if they are going to be done, we need to have it done a certain way. Mostly because we have had other people with powers of reality warping and other natures which caused a surge in power abuse.

These are what I suggest.
1) Give pertinent weaknesses. Thinks that actually balance the power this person has.

2) Choose 2 Avatars. Fill them out as MINIONS. Each of these avatars needs to have a minion sheet. I'm sorry, it's a lot of work, but if she is going to change, there needs to be a list of their powers and weaknesses as well. Stick with a small number to start! You have the potential to advance your character. Each advancement could be a new Avatar from a game. Make it fun to go into the world and write your character growing and evolving.

3) Use the staff. This is a complex and awesome character. The Staff is here to keep things fair and make sure everyone follows the same rules to keep things balanced and make sure that everyone is treated with the same fairness and disgnity. This character is complex, which is awesome. It just means that if you involve us in, we can help you find ways to make it work, maybe even better than intended!

I'll keep my phone on for ya! feel free to DM me. I'll be on all day! Smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Deleted Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Classytootsypop August 9th 2019, 5:11 am

Hey Zell, thanks for the input! I'm planning on removing all the avatars except for the Hero Suit, making just their items available to be summoned.

I made some modifications to the weaknesses based on your comment.

I'm trying to tone her down just for simplicities sake. Essentially she's just going to be a magical hacker that can import items from her game world. Though I am keeping Hero Suit, which I still wonder if I have to make an NPC sheet for, because I'm doing away with the minion idea.

That being said, contact me on the discord, I need help! Sad
Classytootsypop
Classytootsypop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top