The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_vote_lcapA sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_voting_barA sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alert A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only)

Post by Atlas July 6th 2019, 12:08 am

It started off as a simple day for the Denizens of New York.

The many people going to and fro with their daily lives with the same cares that always assailed them. Humans, metahumans and those beyond two simple classifications. Television screens broadcasting the same news feeds and  sitcoms that somehow were renewed for many seasons.  All seemed simple.

Until the screens changed.

A feminine shape appeared before the screen, dressed in white, form fitting armor that looked as if it belonged in a Sci-Fi movie with designs of flickering flames that moved as if they were alive across the surface. Brilliant orange cloth was draped over her shoulder as if a cape mixed with a cloak.  The stream was first static, as if the camera were being moved until focused on her. Dark red splotches settled across the white expanse of the cheek of her armor.

”Good evening good people of New York and beyond. I’m interrupting your daily pointless media to bring you a short message, ” As she spoke her hands were in motion, dripping with dark red liquid. ”The new York incident is still fresh in the minds of many i’m sure. Watching your city be flooded by the tides of an army run by a madman. A wake up call cretins on the internet would call it, ”

There was a blur and she was holding a tablet, flicking through something with a swipe of the finger.  ”Yet I can see the people aren’t awake enough. They continue to call for inane action. The deaths of metahumans and camps even,” She chuckled. ”this belief that if you intend to round us up like your fellow men of the past, that it’ll go as you want. I believe it’s time to fix that false view, ”

Screens would split, showing a few men through amateur footage unleashing beams of white light that shore through a building and brought it crumbling to the ground in great plumes of dust and smoke.  Screams punctuated by the sound of her applauding. ”New York will be first. An example of what’s to come and what to expect. We will not be forced to hide in the shadows of our inferiors any longer.  If you wish to see something to fear, we will show you.  When your streets run red with blood and citadels are brought down to ash.”

The camera would pan out to reveal what had once been a news crew. Blood painting the walls and their parts spread across the room like the morbid leavings of a butcher. ”This is also a call for my metahuman bretheren. Join me. They’ll only fear you, so make that fear your own. If you think you can stop me, come and try Atlas. I’m sure that you’re watching me now,-

She paused, bright blue energy forming around her right hand and extending it towards the camera. ”I am Amaterasu, and this is our revolution,” The broadcast went dark.

Chaos was quick to sweep through the city.

People in black armor releasing beams of plasma from their eyes. Burning flesh, concrete and anything else they could point their eyes at. Atlas could hear it as he took off. Smelling the scent that came with burning people and the sound of them screaming as he flew through the air. He had been given the location of where the very person had sent the message and despite it being a trap he couldn’t help going anyway.  One or two of the people did take notice of him though they went down with a single punch.Slamming into the ground with resounding booms that felt a little  too hard.

Everything else lost focus as he flew faster and faster until it felt impossible. A strain  most of all, eventually landing with a crash before the building where the message had been sent. A simple looking news building that with a sweep of the eyes revealed someone was expecting him. Beyond were at best wavering images that he assumed were human but couldn’t tell.  All static really, but then again that was was something that came with people looking out for him.

”This feels a little too easy,” he noted to himself but he stepped forward anyway, shoving open the weak doors and watching them shunt forward and shatter against a wall. His footfalls resounded against the walls and echoed down them to join the sound of radio static.

The scent of blood which hung thick on the air.

Each step he hard in his ears, walking through the halls until he found the room. Still dirty with blood and viscera; though it was lacking in Amaterasu. Only the still camera hanging there and a large postcard note hanging on the wall.

Meet me on Liberty Island

The roar could be heard from the exterior of the building, light erupting from the roof and bringing it down.  Only Atlas left within the wreckage. Dusted with rubble which he shook of and glared into the distance. Something was happening and he knew he had to do something about it.

Last edited by Atlas on July 7th 2019, 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Alert Re: A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only)

Post by Puglife43vr July 6th 2019, 2:28 pm

A school trip to New York. What could go wrong? A lot apparently. They had come to visit the city and see the sights of New York. Old ruins of the city before the first Assault on NYC. But there was a change of plans when people with the powers of Atlas showed up and started wreaking havoc. The trip would have to end and they'd have to go back to LA.

However, Lumin's mother was chaperoning on the trip and knew about his powers. She wanted him to get used to superheroing as she was previously in possession of the Blacklight Ring and her husband the Brightlight ring. She purchased a hotel room to stay at for a few days to allow Lumin to make a name for himself and train. But this would be no normal hero training. He would be going up against men in the bodies of gods.

Nightlight stood atop a building, looking down on the city in chaos. Laser beams cut through vehicles, people were flying. Literally! A corpse flew, slamming into the very building Lukin stood upon. Such needless destruction. And using the powers of his hero? The great Atlas?! Truly scummy practice. They had to pay.

Lumin jumped off the building, tossing out a black hole anchor point and pulling himself toward it, tossing himself to another building. He'd gotten used to the effects of the black holes in LA. Nightlight did a slight wallrun and when he reached the edge of the building, he deployed a white hole, boosting him across the New York skyline.

Lumin would raise his head to see something flying overhead. At first, Nightlight believed it was another wannabe Atlas. But no... It was the real deal!

"A-Atlas! Is that really y-.."

As he attempts to call out to his hero, another being would boost into him, knocking him out of the sky. He'd manage to throw out a white hole in time to partially negate fall damage as he crash landed atop a construction site. Lumin would slowly rise on wobbly knees as a faux Atlas landed before him. How would he be able to take on a being of this magnitude? Speed, Strength, Durability, Senses, Laser Eyes, everything one could imagine!

Nightlight began backing away as the man in dark armor approached. He'd boost forward, swinging at Nightlight. He wasn't as fast as the OG, but he still had a severe edge on Lumin. Lumin would manage to only take a graze from the blow which could still cause serious damage. The single blow would be able to shred part of his tear resistant suit off his body. He'd gaze at his shoulder and notice that the material on it was torn off and his skin was bruised. This was definitely going to be a tough one.

"No villain can beat the spirit of a true hero! That's why Atlas is going to beat you guys. He's a true hero. The hero that our world needs. And a hero strong enough to kick your butt. You could kill me, but-"

Another hit. This time a solar beam. He'd manage to raise a metal plate to absorb some of the damage but another beam cut into his other arm, roasting his skin and part of his outfit. He'd cry out in pain and clutch the arm. The minion of Amaterasu would fly forward at mach speeds, grabbing Nightlight by the throat, slowly beginning to crush his windpipe.

As everything got darker and Nightlight began to lose his battle he raised his ring. It began to glow with dark energy. He would release it directly into the goon's face! They would start stumbling backwards clutching their face.

"You prick!"

Still coughing, Nightlight would reply. "Atlas is a true hero. And so am I!"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity July 6th 2019, 8:24 pm

New York was under attack once again. Yesterday’s heroes had become today’s villains. Fortunately he was THE villain. The one above all others, the one villian that actively hunted down the others, and incapacitated heroes that stood in his way. He defeated Elena Vexus, stood against The Archon and reigned as the King of Thrones. Although no one truly knew of his affiliation to the group, or it’s Queen. He stood victorious over The Godslayer and even defeated Atlas. It was with a heavy heart that the point he strived to prove on that day, was today a reality. To many he was considered a hero, an avenger of sorts. To others he was a horror story, the thing you told your child of to make them behave themselves.

Your powers may very well be well placed in your hands. But it doesn’t take much to be a villain. Just to witness one injustice and see that you have the power to change it. No one is above that. After all, I could be ANYONE! He recalled those words coming through the modulator of his suit as he unleashed fear into Atlas. He may very well have helped Atlas purge the fear, and they may have found some common ground, but the fact that it happened. Now more than ever he should feel justified, but all he could feel was guilt. He stood up from his chair, taking a deep breath in as a hooded figure from behind him shifted.

He shook his head. This was not a task he could send someone else to accomplish. This was his fight to have, and his alone. He looked to the foe they would face. He knew the name well, though only from the stories of the Lord of Bloodmoon. Tsukiyomi had told them stories of the goddess Amaterasu. He was told stories of their encounters and how Tsukiyomi always persevered. Granted those were in the lessons of self defense and how the defending party always has the greater resolve. It was a pinnacle thing that Humanity had passed unto his own disciples as they went through the world. Every battle should be a battle of defense, never of assault. He instilled a very deep-rooted sense of mercy, none of them killed. Life was too sacred. To kill was a last resort, and there was only one who should do that. To take that sin upon themselves, to bring the wickedness of another onto themselves. To devour all evil into one being, and then die a sacrifice. To purge the world….

He was still bandaged from his previous fight. He was a human after all. A nameless man, yet somehow a nation. Formed together and proclaiming the elevation, the relevance and power of mankind. A living beacon that with enough determination and willpower you could overcome even the gods like Atlas. Now here they were. Standing with a suit on display. The same suit he fought Atlas with. The new model wasn’t ready yet. With a sigh he went to his arsenal of weapons. The blade tied to the Primordial Origin, The Void and Chaos itself. That would be his weapon of choice. Then he had the same chemical compound he used to sap the solar radiation straight from Atlas’ cells. If this removed Atlas’ powers to that of a human level, then these pawns would feel the same effects. Placing the mask on his face he felt the striped leather and flesh lined with lead and coated in a thermal compound. He felt the mask beneath, the face of what was once a hero…

“Magic, lack of radiation and sunlight. Darkness imbued powers. Contrasting environmental climate. New York City averages eighty-four degrees this month. So I’m taking my ballistic coldsnap blades. I’m going to attune my screecher-sphere’s with liquid nitrogen as well...Coat some of my arrowheads.” He mumbled to himself, talking aloud but not truly expecting a response. He didn’t take long to prepare. Admittedly Atlas was one of the few people on this planet he was ready for at all times. He saw the eyebeams coming from the men in the black armor. “Those beams are still plasmic, but the off-difference in color tells me they burn at a different temperature. I can deflect them with a durable reflective surface...It doesn’t need to be a high-reflect microwave plasma reflective finish, but...” His knife would easily do, but he wanted something more. He already formulated 15 different ways to kill these people if he wanted. There was an issue, however. The heroes he would be fighting beside would not allow this. He needed a way to tell between humans and the inhuman ones. As he looked to the case where he kept some of the magical items he captured from his rogues, he realized that there was one that could be helpful here. Uncertain he decided to take Dominion’s ring and put it in his pouch.

The same contact lenses that allowed him to see the natural UV radiation within Atlas would in theory also allow him to pick up the auras of others. Quickly snagging five sets of the lenses he placed them in different pouches, knowing not to put all equipment in one pouch.

“It’s time….” He said to himself. He gave one last look and shuddered at the unfinished prototype of his next suit. He was a man who lacked fear, but this suit was a true terror for even him. It resembles the beast inside far too closely, the being in his dreams. The Nightmare. Taking his motorcycle and putting up the lead reflective panels he lets the engine roar and takes off as fast as he can.

It took longer than he’d like. He missed the old days, when these things were easier for him. When he had a chance to save everyone. He arrived with the sleek little trill of the motorcycle giving a metallic growl as he arrived. He arrived on the scene, only to find that Atlas was already here. A roof coming down was problematic enough after an explosion hit, the entire building collapsing as it fell to the ground. The dust flew everywhere and there was nothing left. Humanity watched with wide eyes, his contact lenses making his eyes appear paled out behind the shredded mask.

“Damian...” He said to himself as he looked down, his rage growing. He had come with the intent to show mercy, but with this new revolution there were those that could not be saved. If it came between an innocent life, and a revolutionary, the revolutionary would die. This wasn’t about Human and Metahuman anymore.  Humanity let his bike roar as he took off. He saw one of the suited soldiers backing up and shouting at a smaller form. He stopped and drew out his weapon, Sacrimony.

“Atlas is a true hero, and so am I!” he heard the words and he fired out at the man in black armor. They let out a loud scream and their eyes began to glow before they dropped to the ground, letting Humanity gaze upon the one who proclaimed themselves a hero. His modulator continued to distort his voice to be like that of a creature from hell itself. The ominous growl and the drawl. The man in the black armor was still alive, but in a weakened state the strong EM impulse was capable of shorting out the radiative energy inside them.

“Hello. Hero...” Humanity said as he kicked the stand on his bike and turned to aim at the strange looking gun at next bastard in black he could find. After trying to give it another pull, he realized that it was exactly as he had feared. “ATLAS! DOWN HERE!” Humanity shouted, the nightmarish voice sure to catch the symbolic heroes attention. Unfortunately it attracted more than just Atlas, as four more men in black armor touched down. Humanity backed away, placing Sacrimony on his back. He did a quick overlook. He had four of these superpowered goons in front of him. He had this Hero to his back that would be unpredictable, and he had one goon in black armor chasing people with lazer eyes, all while he himself is still wounded from his last battle...

“Yeah...You need six more.” He said as he flicked his wrist, his grappler shot out and latched itself into the durable head of the mook farthest to the right, he was propelled by the motor right into the man knocking them onto the ground. Humanity was pinning them down as His prized dagger slicing into the armored man as if their skin was nothing but paper. Two stabs before leaving the blade inside them and rolling off forward and up to his knees, his ears in tuned with where exactly everyone behind him was moving. He'd be playing defensive dodging two swings from the next target as he turned to face them. He’d leave Nightlight to deal with the other two, if he could.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas July 7th 2019, 3:57 am

Atlas had seen the recordings of the assault.

An attack that had only ever been president ed by the dropping of the atomic bombs long ago. No ships hovered over the city now, and instead it was the power of men given the power of the gods flying through the city.  A villain calling him out for what he assumed was a fight and the knowledge that he would have to respond. That he had no choice within. Even in defeat he knew he had to rise above it and continue to do what he was meant to do from the beginning of his own heroic career. He remembered being admonished for even falling to Humanity’s provocations when he woke up, beaten and weak under the ultra violet lights of the compound.

The only thing he could think about now was the sight of bodies turn apart painting the room that he had destroyed. Feeling the rubble fall feebly against his black Atlas suit and his head, which felt like nothing more than mild bumps. Something to be ignored compared to the anger burning within him. He couldn’t let himself suffer a crisis when so many other people were suffering before him. Unable to fight these metahumans making a mess of the city with Amaterasu at the lead of them. It made him sick more than anything, especially since he knew heroes less qualified were risking their lives because that was what they did. Power didn’t matter and he knew it. Even still he wanted to make sure this got stopped before things went too far.

He shoved aside a section of the roof, hearing it slam against the ground and dusting himself off. Watching one of the men fly through the air at speeds that released loud booms that shattered all glass near it. They were heading towards something and he recognized the voice.  It wracked him with a kind of self conscious fear that remained even when he was cleansed by whatever was used on him.

It took a second before he steeled his nerves and everything around him blurred. One of the black suited men barely managed to catch sight of him before his fist collided with their face. A crack echoing outwards as they were thrown through a building and brought the wall down. An echoing boom reverberating outwards from where he struck them.  One was already in the motions of dying,  various knife wounds he imagined wouldn’t allow them to regenerate. He descended to the ground, feeling his feet make contact and look over the two he had come to the vague rescue of. Not that Humanity needed any of his help. It was hard enough to even look at him.

Those that were still standing on their feet turned towards him with the knowledge that he was Atlas and they likely were not supposed to be fighting him. ”Hope you don’t mind if I help out,” He stated with the  barest minimum of control over his own voice. One was making a few swings at Humanity, though they found the third caught short with their wrist held in his hand. Vice tight and causing the bones to crack as they let out a cry of pain. Arm twisted until they were forced to kneel and their face was kicked into the concrete. ”can’t say i’m surprised you’re here. Seems like something you’d take part in,” Small statements as he stood back to back with the villain and wondered how far he had to fall to work with someone that called himself a villain.

Pretty far.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr July 8th 2019, 7:13 am

"Oh, uh, hello guy."

He couldn't really tell who this guy was here to help. The whole modulator of hell or whatever probably didn't help. But he was taking on wannabes so he must at least have some good in him.

Nightlight slowly rose, clutching his arm from the solar beam that had grazed flesh. He gazed upon the new individual who had arrived at the construction site. Lucky him, he wouldn't have to fight this one super freak alone! And then 6 more landed, encircling them.

"Is this where we die?"

It turns out that the man was a pretty good fighter. He was taking out supersoldiers like they were regular. Soldiers. Or something! But while he covered his side of the circle, Nightlight had to take on two of these guys. In California, he demolished street gangs, but those were just street gangs and with normal humans. These were gangs of gods.

Nightlight would turn his attention to the sky when he saw something incoming. "W-wait a minute... Is that a bird? Wait, a plane? Another member of Amaterasu's gang? No... Too fast for that. It's.. ATLAS IS HERE!"

Nightlight would rejoice at the sign of his hero jumping up and waving his hands in the air as if he were trying to send an S.O.S. and he was. These soldiers could wipe the floor with him even with the other guy's help.

As Atlas landed, he put in work, destroying these black suited men with ease. Nightlight watched in awe as his hero landed, but he made the mistake of not watching his back. A black suited villain would simply shove him, and with their extreme strength, send him soaring into a nearby bench. As soon as he were to get up the wannabe was right before him. Nightlight remembered his trick from last time.

The Blacklight Ring would start to glow. Well actually, it does the direct opposite. It seems to pull in light in the area as everything becomes darker. A Blacklight beam is fired directly into the wannabes' face, causing him to stumble. The dark, shadowy energy leaving the skin looking almost corrupted and twisted. Angry that he'd need to pay for a nose job, the black suited bastard charged forward, pinning Nightlight against a wall. Nightlight hasn't yet used this, but now would be a nice time to try it out.

The Blacklight Ring would summon a dagger in his hand, imbued with dark energy. As a last resort, he'd raise it and slash the man's arm with it, blood spurting out. The guy would let go and clutch his now bleeding arm.

"Hey, I did it! I totally rock as a hero!"

Nightlight would gaze over at his hero, beating the hell out of the group of wannabes. He'd notice that he was working alongside the creepy man so they had to be friends. A friend of Atlas is probably a good guy. As the wannabe before him started recovering, Nightlight would give him a kick infused with shadowy energy, knocking the wind out of him slightly. Finally, Nightlight would hop on the back of the wannabe and deliver a shadow infused punch to the back of the head. With the rings. It would leave a permanent mark on the back of the head, shaped like the Ring's head. And in the time it took the others to knock out and slay multiple minions, he had taken down one. Not a bad start to his heroing career.

He'd turn to Atlas, wanting to ask him so many things. But the city's safety comes before his own fanboyish questions.

"A-Atlas. I saw on the news that these people are trying to start a revolution. Why do they have your powers? Did you get captured and have your powers synthesized into, like a super serum? So cool. I mean, not cool at all, but still a little cool."

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus July 8th 2019, 11:29 pm

“You’ve got a long way to go, kid.” Humanity said looking directly at Nightlight, eyes narrowing. He looked back to Atlas and folded his arms. Atlas had intercepted the third strike that would have been evaded and countered, but he was no fool. Atlas knew EXACTLY what he was doing. He just saved a man’s life from becoming Humanity’s next victim in humanity’s triple-digit body count. He had heard the reserve in Atlas’ voice, the way Atlas refused to look at him. He could tell from the slightest motions that the Hero was either still in the process of processing the antidote to his toxins. He heard the disdain in his voice that followed, stalking about how low he must have fallen.

“I refuse to allow these black armored knock-offs to victimize the innocent any longer. They kill human and metahuman alike, all while trying to discredit the closest thing they have to a symbol of hope.” Humanity said. His victory against Atlas was broadcasted, headlines were filled. It was one of the only times Atlas had ever been seen defeated. Humanity stood victorious, but as he slipped into shadow his mortality became all too apparent. The throbbing in his side was a constant reminder of just what Atlas could do to him, even under the best pressure that Humanity could muster at that moment. The truth was, the victory wasn’t something for Humanity to relish in. His pride had the better of him, being undefeated and known as a representation of Humanity against the Metahuman tension….

I should have let him win. I shouldn’t have tried so hard. No… I did exactly what I should have. Atlas has never truly LOST before. He’ll forever remember the day he lost to a mere mortal. He’ll remember that no matter how much power he has, he will always need to work harder. He will always need to walk taller. I didn’t break this hero. I strengthened him. Like a hammer to iron. I promise, Damien. When I’m long gone and The Villain is but an ancient memory...They’ll still honor you. He thought to himself. He rolled his eyes, feeling his heart turn soft for a moment as he cleared his voice, hearing Nightlite speak. The attitude reminded him of Spider-Man...if Peter Parker had a crush on Superman. He growled and clenched his fist, walking over and reaching down to pull the dagger from his first victim, another number. As he removed the dagger he couldn’t help but notice the man’s hand. He reached down quickly and removed something, before shifting his hands. He removed two sets of contact lenses from his various pockets.

“Oh no. You’re dense aren’t you?” He asked Nightlight as he stepped forward. He reached up and held up the lenses. He was hoping these two were smart enough to take them. After his defeat of Atlas he made an actual attempt to help cure him of the toxins he used in the fight. He had tried very clearly to draw the line with Atlas, that the entire fight was only provoked by Atlas’ attempt to stop him from bringing about vengeance. They would never, truly see eye to eye. But that was something Humanity could understand and even empathize with. He had been that hero once…

“Here. It’s no surprise but I’ve got some insight on terrorism and inner workings. These soldiers aren't the biggest threat. They stand out, they’re so nicely color coded for us. Black means bad. Unfortunately, that’s only a very nice and convenient way to help us rely on what we see as opposed to what we cannot. If I were this woman, I would have people with these powers pretending to be human. These lenses will allow you to see anyone retaining the same signature of radiation as you, Atlas. They can wear anything, look like anyone. Infiltrate human safety zones and slaughter them. Kid, you’re shadow dagger there is going to be helpful, but keep in mind these people are faster than you. Square up, keep moving and keep your eyes peeled.” He told Nightlight as he would go to his wrist, checking inside his coat for a couple items, double checking where everything was. His instructions made sense to anyone who caught wind of how things worked when dealing with Atlas. Magic was effective but darkness was just as effective. The chance to exploit two areas of weakness on these soldiers would be enough for even an inexperienced child to survive. Something managed to catch his eye as he looked to the sky. Brilliant and beautiful wings sprawled out as she circled, looking about.

“Atlas...” Humanity began as he looked across the wreckage, feeling the weight in his chest as he realized he needed to move quickly. He had no clue if Tyuki and Atlas had known each other, but what he did know was that Tyuki was in some fascet concerned to his identity. “...I’m sorry.” His apology was sincere, but it was likely to fall on deaf ears. He had a modulator from hell and he was an infamous villain, but his villainous factors would be hard pressed to understand. He turned and with a shot from his grappler he latched to a rooftop and seemed to zip away. There was such baggage with the weight of the title of “The Villain”, but he knew deep down that no matter how much he did...this was his legacy. No matter what he changed...

He wasn’t truly a man. He was just a monster, acting like one.

A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 9th 2019, 1:24 am

The world was falling into chaos in more ways than one on this day. Tyuki had lost her favorite hair clip, and her Aunt was dying, and there was another attack on New York City.

Wait.

There was another attack on New York City?

Wrenching her body around, she screamed for everyone in the room with her to shut up and have the TV turn up.

The reporters were frantic, terrified for their lives as police barricades formed at the perimeter of the city. People were running, cars lined up and honking with vigor.

The camera would pan and a woman could be seen being interviewed mid fight. It was Bliss! How come Bliss was in New York City, but Tyuki was not?

Frantic, Tyuki would run to the TV and shake it, the thin plastic bending under her strength and cracking as Bliss let out a comment to the people,

"I honestly just don't get why New York City hasn't been renamed to Big Fucking Target. Whatever, watch out!" and with that, she was gone. Tyuki grumbled and started pacing in fear. She had to get there. But how?! How could she get from Italy to New York City in minutes time?

And then it hit her. Her whole body tingled with excitement. She ran across the mansion, her wings tearing through her good blouse and completely shredding it. She would glide down the grand stairs and come hurtling toward the medical wing of the mansion, skidding to a halt. She crashed into a cart of medical supplies, metal instruments falling to the floor.

"I wouldn't interrupt if this wasn't important! I need someone to get me into the Pit. I'm not evil enough to get there, and I know there's a way to use it to get to New York! I need help. Someone help! Look!" she was pulling her phone out to show her Aunt what was happening.

New York was in shambles. Again. It was almost comedic, but in a very, very tragic fashion.

Clearing her throat, Chelle would look up from the book she was reading and sigh, a new course of treatment slowing down the red energy from tearing her apart. It was slowing down, but it was not stopping. Chelle was getting dialysis almost four times a week now, and Tyuki was around the clock healing her between treatments. There was no stopping this, and they had all come to terms with it one way or another. But Tyuki was still going to be upset if she lost her Aunt.

And even as important as family was, she knew she had to stop the attack on New York City. It was as if the world was asking her to. At least, in the back of her mind.

"Find Emille. He goes to the Pit to get that imported lager that your Uncle likes. He'll get you in, but if you stay too long, you'll get kicked out faster than you can blink." Chelle would look back to her book, another sigh escaping her.

Tyuki knew that her Aunt would love to help, but knew there wasn't much fight left in her. She was thousands of years old, and so over all this bullshit.

"I'll get back as soon as I can! For now, I think the shaman lady is supposed to be here tomorrow. I'll try not to break my phone!" she kissed her Aunt on the cheek and gave her a hug, careful not to hurt her, and then she was gone.

--

Five minutes of running around the mansion later and Tyuki was clad in her hero uniform, the slender black tuxedo mask covering her eyes. She had her wings folded behind of her back, and Emille was opening the door to the Pit. The same smell of brimstone and ash filled her senses. There was another musky smell that lingered, but she had no words to describe it other than men.

This was the second time she had ever gone through here, and as she did, heads turned immediately.

"I don't have time for your bullshit, I need to get to New York City, and fast. Someone get this door to drop me off there, like, yesterday." she said, a silence falling over the bar as Mack set down the glass he was polishing.

He looked at Tyuki with a bit of confusion before he smirked and pointed back to the door. She was whipped around by a force she couldn't control and sent hurdling out of the Pit.

--

As she came through the door, she couldn't see Emille, and the smell of brimstone and ash was gone. She found herself on a rooftop, the door behind of her swinging shut with a heavy thud.

The wind would pull through her hair, the blonde dye gone. She was back to her normal ebony locks.

Screams erupted around of her. She needed to stop this. Fast. She had to do something.

Her wings picked her up and she dove off of the building, heading straight down into the thicket of it - Times Square. As she flew in, she realized she wasn't the only person involved. She noticed Atlas himself, another man that looked vaguely familiar, and one more man that seemed a bit shorter than the other two. Was he a kid? Well, maybe a teenager.

She came down with a sort of resonating heroism about her. She was glowing, literally, her power over light adding a thin protective layer to her already tough skin. She would be impenetrable by any projectiles, but she knew she could still get tossed around. If these things were as strong as Atlas, she knew that it would hurt.

"I'm here! I'm so sorry! Who's ass are we kicking!? It's not that guy that just left on a grappling hook, is it?" she would say, landing with grace, a cloud of dust erupting underneath of her as her wings folded behind of her back, her ebony locks billowing behind of her and signs of hope reflecting in her bright emerald green eyes.

The Eclipse had begun.

-My DeviantArt-
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas July 9th 2019, 4:59 pm

One of the heroes on the scene with Humanity, though he wondered what someone like this was doing with a villain. Not that he was arguing what he was doing. They were trying to stop these people now with his own power, with vague pro-metahuman goals in their minds. Judgment could be saved for when he wasn’t trying to stop a group of meta-human extremists from destroying New York for the second time.  This was the city he had picked out to protect, more than others because he lived in the damn place.  Around all these sprawling, rising towering buildings that were beginning to fall from the hot beams of light slicing through them.  His knuckles stung from the last man he struck down, ears ringing with the sound of bones having been struck with all the force he could muster without killing them. His villainous friend would have no issue but he did.

He wouldn’t get in the way of the hero with his rings that shot light. He seemed like he knew what he was doing, despite taking a few hits from the men flying around the city. Maybe he was tough enough to move around with him.  His sight scanned to the visible horizon chocked with smoke, watching more fire rising in the air.

He turned his attention to the rambling hero, mostly questioning how these people got his powers. ”I...that’s a good question. Could be the case but haven’t heard anything about people making serums that gave anyone my power,” His glance towards Humanity was a questioning one, though he was on another subject entirely.

Humanity spoke behind him. Mostly about the concept that some people might have been hiding among the general populace.  He sounded like he had some kind of point, though he already knew how to tell people apart with his own power. Not like they had bodies that stuck similar to the human. Warmer from all the solar energy they likely stored within them, which stuck out like torches to him,. Shining brightly enough that he would have been blond not to see them. Still he accepted the lenses being offered to him, looking them over on the tip of his fingers before placing them into his eyes with careful motions.

It felt really off to have these foreign objects in his eyes but he got over that. Blinking rapidly a few times and nodding.  How well known his weaknesses were known to the public was he didn’t know, though he had the feeling that it was not entirely unknown. His codename was spoken with an apology and then Humanity zipped off with that grappling hook thing he had. His eyes followed the dark form, confused more than anything else before catching the sound of someone else.  Someone he met before and helped out through control of her own strength.

Tyuki Gold though she went by Eclipse.

”No, he’s on our side...sorta,” He was uncertain, speaking in a way that sounded like he wanted that to be the case. There was no way of knowing that and he just assumed that he knew. ”someone named Amaterasu. I don’t know what she wants but she’s responsible for this  whole attack on the city.  Basically called me out to fight her on Liberty Island. Think I have to meet her there,” He explained,  looking in the direction that he assumed he was supposed to be going. He had turned off the transmitter from the organization, allowing them to use whatever extended resources they had to do their own things.  He rose into the air, floating through it until he found himself with a greater vantage point and seeing those flying through the air and the faint shape of Humanity before he dipped off to go somewhere else.

Two picked them out and seemed to square in on him more. They were faster than the lesser ones he could tell, zooming through the air with a sonic boom. Yet the fist was stopped by his open hand. An unmovable wall, eyes narrowed in disappointment. ”Not your brightest move, huh?” He questioned.

“No,” They agreed followed by a beam of plasma from their eyes. It slammed into his eyelids, warm but lacking in pain. Only heat really,and with a flick they were cast down to the earth. Stunned but not knocked out. The second had turned their attention to Tyuki, seeing her as some kind of easier score.  He would have jumped into action but he had the feeling his fellow hero would have been better able to deal with this than many would assume.

She was pretty strong too.

Humanity however had moved from the scene with the heroes and that put him in a different position. He might have dealt with the stray Atlas solider but that wasn’t what was a problem.  Ducking and weaving through blind spots within his field of vision was a sleek looking object, flying yet not large enough to be a human size object.  Likely he had the chance to see it but seeing it wasn’t the issue. What seemed to come from the object was.

A spray of bullets that missed him with the first few volleys,colliding with walls and anything beyond them.  Whatever was happening, someone was trying to shoot at him.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr July 9th 2019, 5:41 pm

Nightlight would look to humanity and react to his comment about having a long way to go. "Hey, if I have a long way to go, that means I've been going somewhere, right? That I've made progress."

This was it. He was meeting a hero and an anti hero type! How friggin cool! Atlas, the super strong, super tough hero that would always persevere! And the dark, brooding anti hero that was working alongside him. Nightlight believed them to be equals despite his personal hero's extreme powers. And Atlas had just replied to him. Atlas spoke to him. Even with the injuries he had sustained, this was the best day ever! Suddenly, he'd be called dense by the anti hero.

"No, I'm not dense. Some people have said that I'm a pretty shard ki- man. Sharp man. But I'll take the contacts." He'd puff out his chest and deepen his voice as he says 'man'. Nice save, Lumin. Nightlight would accept the contacts, looking between the two heroes.

"I've kinda got a thing about not having villains target my family. But uh. I guess I have to take off my mask to put these things in, huh?" Nightlight would awkwardly and audibly gulp as he grabs the connection point between his neck and the base of the mask. He'd pull off the mask and take a seat on his rear, setting the clothy mask down. He was a rather young boy, with brown hair and bright blue eyes. They'd practically be glowing like... Lights. Lumin's face was quite bruised and had a few cuts. His left eye was looking a little purple. He'd start putting the contacts in his eye, bumping around a few times on his eyelids. As he shifts the first one in, he'd release a small 'ow' and blink a few times.

"It doesn't hurt too bad, I guess. A little uncomfy though with the uh, blood and sweat on my face."

Nightlight would use the mask to wipe his face up a bit and put in the next one. This time it was much easier. He'd look up to Humanity as he delivers his small pep talk. He gulps. These Atlas soldiers really were powerful. But with the right tactics and tools, so was he.

"Alright. Shadow dagger will mess biz up. Lenses will help me see them. Thanks, man. Oh, my rings! They have this cool ability. Since one of them is like a blacklight, it helps me see hidden metas like a blacklight helps you see.. undesirable fluids. That could help out too, right?"

Suddenly and abruptly, the man in Black would zip away. Not cool! Also suddenly and abruptly, the ring would draw a black line up into the sky. Might be trouble.

"Speaking of the Blacklight feature, someone else is coming!"

Nightlight would get in defensive position but realize he forgot his mask and quickly scramble down and grab it. As fast as possible, he'd pull it over his face and raise his fists. What the ring perceived as a threat pulls in and is.... An angel?

As she lands, Nightlight would look her over. Beautiful bright green eyes and dark hair. Just like her eyes, she was a beauty. No, Nightlight doesn't have a crush on her. At least, he probably doesn't. After Atlas were to talk to her, he'd make his own reply up using his buff and gruff voice.

"That guy? Nah, he's chill. Might be slowing the team down a little, if you know what I mean." Nightlight would do a fake hearty chuckle as he finishes. Hopefully he impressed the new lady.

Nightlight would throw down a while hole, boosting himself from the ground to another building after Atlas. And as he does so, Atlas would enter combat with another black suited individual. However, this one was more powerful. And he brought another powerful friend. Atlas easily dispatched the first one and the second headed after Tyuki. Nightlight would start to swing into action.

"Angel lady, bad guy incoming!"

He'd begin to swing up, using a black hole as an anchor point. He'd propel himself toward the villain with his shadow dagger in one hand and aim at the villain with his Blacklight Ring. However, he'd be caught by the villain as he approached at high speeds.

"Alright, this whole choking thing? Getting a little kinky, wouldn't you say?" He'd manage to gargle out.

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity July 14th 2019, 1:13 am

Humanity would have beat that child for the kinky comment if he had been there. Thankfully for the sanity of the human, and for the health of the magic-ringed wonder, he had been far away from that comment. He hadn’t gotten far, however before he found himself picking up on the different drifts. There wasn’t much to pick up on sound, except for the feeling he was being watched. Intuition for many seemed like such a superstitious thing, but he knew better. Intuition was the collective subconscious attempting to alert you before the cognitive mind even has time to react.

Swooping down, from his wingsuit, Humanity came down like a falcon, crashing into a man wearing the armor, the pinky finger of his gauntlet piercing into the armor and bypassing the durable flesh, the coating of the radiation-warding substance being all too wonderful against the knock-offs as it was against the original. The fear toxin left the protected vial of th epinki finger and the man began to cry out.

"Another one that doesn't break! Such an intriguing new toy." The human laughed through the infrasound modulator, the metahuman beginning to scream as it’s eyes began to glow. Humanity rolled off to the side, gripping behind the being’s head and aiming the eyes right for their compatriot in black. The plasma seemed to connect with the soldier sending them back. Humanity knew that it wouldn’t be the end. He could feel his heart racing, his blood rushing to his head. He looked to a sleek, silver drone that seemed to arrive. He growled as he realized that another player was joining in his game.

They were super strong, but they weren’t capable of defying the laws of nature, physics and anatomy. They were like Atlas, they were NOT Atlas. Humanity could feel his mind kicking in as he began to shift his grip. His training changed to what was taught to him as Prophetic Form. He pulled the Metahuman’s head back, sliding his smaller form behind the soldier, suing them as cover as a hail of bullets battered against the metahuman he was using as a meatshield. He began to focus on his foe, utilizing his knowledge of Hellstromism to feel how the metahumans would try to shift, and apply the pressure as required. Some points of the human body only required 5 pounds of pressure in order to make it feel akin to 150 pounds. With his strength, including the concept of his improved toxin, that was another thirty-three percent.

The bullet-hell ended and Humanity began to formulate an idea. The way things were headed, the meta would use their inhuman strength to push off the ground and launch into the air. He could feel those muscles starting to shift. The metahuman did exactly as he predicted. He released the metahuman and shot his grappler into his back. As the metahuman took a forceful departure, Humanity could use both his hands to withdraw Sacrimony, aiming it at the drone and firing off the EMP pulse, hopefully putting it out of commission. The metahuman would seen see that he had not shaken the human, only to see a horrific visage of the monstrous horror following after him on a set of wings. As the plasma eyes began to glow, the human , retracted his grappler, allowing him to fall from the sky. Opening his arms, the wingsuit allowed him a subtle glide through the air, through a rough and tumble landing several yards away from the first encounter.

Someone’s watching me. Corralling me. He thought to himself while focusing. He realized that now was not a time to be focusing on who saw what. But of course he was careful, especially when he saw a black-suited soldier fly from the sky. “I’ll say again...you need about 9 more.” He chuckled as he placed Sacrimony upon his back. He cleared his mind, focusing entirely on exploiting the weaknesses he could. As he stepped his body froze and his eyes widened for a moment as he felt the tear, the sharp pain radiating through his ribs. It caught him off guard for only a moment as the etahuman reared their arm back, as if to punch him, save for the fact he was several feet away. Humanity ducked down, driving his dagger into the ground as a powerful sonic punch sent him reeling. His body was sent across the ground, the dagger kept fast within the ground, though the force causing it to cut through the pavement as if it were a birthday cake. It only stopped when Humanity was backed into a car. The car caved beneath the weight of him and his suit on impact. the force making his insides feel like jelly, but he avoided death for that moment.

"Oh, you actually have some brawn with that brain?" He hissed as he stood up, his legs wobbling before he steadied himself. He needed to remember that the feeling was just that, nothing more. It was a distraction, there was nothing actually wrong with his legs. Muscle memory, walk, run and stab as you always have. "Fine then...You'll need 12 more." He growled as he took off, charging at the enemy with what seemed to be a reckless abandon.

Spoiler:

A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 19th 2019, 5:19 pm

Tyuki's attention would follow Atlas as he spoke, trying to hone in on the little information he knew. She would nod along with him, allowing the information to sink in. Amaterasu. Almost sounds like Tiramisu. A little weird, but Tyuki was down to kicking anyone's ass, even if their name rhymed with a shitty coffee dessert.

She flexed her toes, arching up onto the balls of her feet before rocking back onto her heels. She would stand with a firm presence resonating from her core. She would pulse with each beat of her heart, the light energy enveloping her pulsating as well, her eyes and hair becoming stark white as a grin crept over her face.

"It's been a long time since justice was served." she referred to her fists as justice, her attention peeling off of Atlas as he took off toward Liberty Island. It was his fight, and she would ensure that the people of New York would not befall victim to these wannabe's. They all wanted to be her lover, but they had to get with her friends first.

This was obviously not the right story for that.

She would chuckle at Nightlight's comment, his form bounding up and into the air off of a white circle that appeared underneath of him. It was almost like a stationary trampoline. It was definitely neat, and something she hadn't witnessed yet!

Her own white feathered wings would snap open and then pump once, shooting her up into the sky after Nightlight. He had engaged into combat shortly after Atlas, and the wannabe clone had grabbed the younger hero by the throat. Tyuki was not going to let that happen. No way!

She would arch her wings and glide, using the upward force winds to stay steady in the air, hovering in place near the Atlas clone. She would then whip around, her wings snapping to her quickly, forcing her to spin faster, her hands grasping together to form a tight double fist before smashing it into the clone's head, knocking them unconscious with one solid thunk. The grip on Nightlight's throat lessened and it would drop him. Tyuki's light tendrils would reach out and grab him, and the Atlas clone, ensuring neither of them would drop to their death.

"I'm only letting that comment slide because you were literally getting the life choked out of you."

She said, the sound of shattering glass going off on her left as another clone came hurtling after the two of them.

"I'm gonna let you go! I hope you land on your feet!" she said, her tendrils letting go of Nightlight so he could free fall to the ground. She had high hopes he would be able to recover from the fall - after all, he had gotten himself up this high, he had to have a way down!

--

With an unconscious Atlas wannabe attached to her via a tendril of light, the second one was coming at her with a sort of vendetta to avenge their fallen comrade. But this guy wasn't dead! He was only unconscious! At least, she hoped! She hadn't checked yet!

"A little help here!" she called, dropping the soldier for Nightlight to, hopefully, catch!

She would then find herself entangled with the new solider, their grapple sending her against the window of an office building. Cracks would form on the glass, threatening anyone inside. Hopefully they had evacuated. Turning her head to look, she noticed there were a few people still inside, but they had been trying to get out. It seemed the power was out and the access doors to the stairs were locked with a security code. She would have to get these people outta here!

"Ugh! You're really starting to piss me off." she said, the thin layer of light energy enveloping her expanding and forcing the grip of the solider to lessen. Once her arms were free, she clapped her hands onto either side of the solider's head, intending to knock this one unconscious as well.

She hoped she did.

-My DeviantArt-
A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas July 19th 2019, 7:25 pm

Atlas knew he wanted to help the people who came to help him.

Heroes all in their own rights but he trusted they could handle themselves. Powerful within their own rights, especially Humanity despite being human. Only human however was not something anyone could hope to label him because it was patently false.  It took quite a bit to subdue the heroic urge that came with being himself and flying off into the distance.  Watching the city around him burn borough by borough despite how many metahumans had come out to defend their city. Despite that there felt like too many people for all of them to deal with it and tore him apart.  Which might have explained why he stopped along the way to help a few pockets of heroes that were having trouble.  Dealing with the people bearing his own powers in a few quick punches to the surprise of people having a much harder time.

It was easy really, though he could tell they didn’t all appreciate the help. Grumbling under their breaths has he rose into the sky and took off. Too strong maybe, but  he couldn’t help it. Is body was what it was and he had to deal with it. Watching  the city fall to a blur and eventually the statue itself come into veiw. A massive green copper structure wreathed within the flames that rose from the streets before it despite the gulf of water between them.

He was surprised she didn’t bring the statue down in the chaos but that was all good. His eyes scanned over the expanse of the statue until they took in a shape standing on the apex of the scales, leaning against it almost leisurely.  He approached with less speed than before, not enough to break the sound barrier until they were less than five feet apart.  She considered him with a cloak flapping over her shoulder in the wind, appraisal apparent despite how he couldn’t see through the mask even with his powers that should allow it.

”I was hoping you would come to meet me but I wasn’t sure. Maybe the one known as Humanity would come instead,” She stated, lifting from the metal beneath her. ”it was all over the internet, your grand defeat.  Don’t know how you can stand even showing your face after such a disgrace,”

He paused for less than a second, grinding his teeth together. ”Didn’t know you destroying an entire city was just a plot to talk down to me. There are other ways to do that,” His tone was clipped, short enough.

”Oh, that’s not my reason. I’m here to affirm that the peoples faith in you is wrong. That you’re not only a failure but a threat to them as well. You’ve allowed the metahumans in this city to become complacent, to allow the collars humans want to put on them to slide without a fuss. Once we defeat you, any question about how serious we are will be dashed in the wind, ”

”Talking ahead of yourself when i’m still on my feet aren’t you?”

He could hear her chuckle before she spoke. ”It’s already done,”

No time was wasted between that sentence and Atlas moving. The two met in the middle, the shockwave ringing outwards as it shattered the arm of the statue as Amaterasu was being pushed back a good dozen yards until they were hovering above the water. Large ripples spread outwards from above where they levitated.

”Come on. You’ll need more strength than this,” The knee collided with his stomach, pain echoing through his guts and the bones as well. He didn’t even realize he was flying through the air until he tried to will himself to stop but she was already on him. Faster than he expected with fists that collided against the arms raised to blocked a shower of blows. Enough to bruise with each strike and he worried that they would even cracks the bones. He only broke from the flurry by unleashing a burst of plasma from his eyes, sending her propelled back into the ground of the liberty island soil and shooting forward to hammer her down into the ground.

Cracks spread outwards and a part of the island sinking into the ocean.

********************************************************************************************

"Looks like i’ll need four at most," A figure wearing what looked to be skintight black armor accented with pink. They tapped into four  nodes onto their left shoulder, each clicking with a pressed before spinning with a robotic whirr and rising.  A circle within them turned from light green to dark red. One of the Atlas powered would take note of her before she seemed to disappear to any human perceptions, a blade sticking out through the soldiers throat and bringing them down to the ground on the same street Humanity was fighting for his life on. They twitched under the weapon, blood seeping from the wound until it was violently ripped form their flesh.

All they could do was gurgle until growing still and she wiped away the blood from the weapon on her forearm. "Not that impressive little Atlas’,"Hher filtered voice stated, considering the other person fighting against them and chuckling. "hope i’m not stepping in on your fight. Wanted to see if these people were worth anything in a fight, but honestly i’m disappointed." Another had turned their attention towards her, charging and finding themselves sidestepped and then kicked into the side of a building.  She seemed too skilled to be just some speedy meathead. She would allow the human to fight his own opponents, but that was when the drone began firing upon the woman as well, barely managing to bat away some of the bullets and armor chipped away with those that got through.

Two and even three more had risen to focus on them, though mostly Humanity while one seemed like it felt it were good enough to hold her off.  This was when one of the Atlas types slammed onto the ground, nearly causing the street itself to collapse beneath the two of them. Well, it only took a few seconds until the street did collapse beneath them with some of the buildings coming down into the large new sinkhole.

She slid downwards, landing on the ground below in what looked like an all too smooth floor to be a sewer. The walls around them undulated as if liquid and beyond stretched a hallway that likely shouldn’t have been there.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr July 30th 2019, 9:32 pm

"Sorry for the language, just gotta, get that stuff out of my system!"

Nightlight would begin falling through the air at Tyuki took out the clone and dropped him. He'd launch a black hole into the sky, preventing himself from falling hundreds of feet to his room. However, another body came rushing down past him, hurtling toward the ground. He'd release the black hole, pulling his appendages inward, turning himself into a living arrow. As he got close to the falling clone, he'd outstretch a hand, grabbing their leg. Using his free hand, he'd launch a black hole toward a building, pulling him and the clone up to its roof. As they land, Nightlight would throw the unconscious body into a small metal structure atop the roof, the body crushing it with its weight.

Nightlight would gaze up from the rooftop to see Eclipse deliver a mind blowingly powerful double decker THUNK onto the head of a clone.

"NOW THAT'S FUC- HECKIN' EPIC!" However, the clone wasn't done for yet. They were a little woozy, dazed from the slam that could turn a normal man to a puddle. Nightlight would see his chance to really make an impression.

Nightlight would summon another white hole beneath him, narrowing his eyes beneath the extremely damaged mask with an eye exposed. Nightlight would boost into the air at high speeds, his arm quickly gaining an aura of dark energy, pulling in the light. The clone would look to see Nightlight in a heavily damaged costume with an arm as black as night ready to knock his socks into the next dimension.

As Nightlight propelled his darkness infused fist into the clone's face, they'd be propelled into the building behind them, shattering windows and causing rumbling throughout it. The amount of power in the punch along with the darkness worked perfectly against the clone. However, something was wrong. The building! It looks as if it's... About to collapse!

"OH, GOD!" Nightlight would continue soaring through the air with the momentum from the initial white hole. He'd grab the spire atop the building and grip it with his hand. His other arm.. Maybe he had used too much force in that punch. There were people in the building. Even at the building's highest point, he could feel the rumbling. Property damage and potential manslaughter. Oh god. Not good.

"Oh god, this is my fault. Uh, hate to ask, but, a little help?" He'd look to Eclipse before taking action.

Nightlight would throw out a black hole with his well arm, swinging down low around the building and then releasing, throwing himself in through a shattered window. People were huddled up, prepared for the worst. He grit his teeth under his mask, one eye exposed from the damage it had taken. Nightlight would raise his voice. "Everyone! Don't fear. I'm your light in the night! The bright sunrise after the blackest night!" He'd rush forward as the ceiling began caving.

What was his plan of action. He could grab- No. Picking up civilians would never work with the building structural integrity failing. And one of his arms was done for... He'd have to hold up the building. This was going to be stressful. From the ground up, light would shoot through the building as Nightlight's constructs reinforced its foundation. It was immensely painful as all the building's weight felt as though it were being placed on him. Like he was holding up the world... The burden was great. But he had to endure. For the people. For Eclipse to get them out.

"I am the NIGHTLIGHT!"

Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus August 4th 2019, 4:16 am

He was irritated, which was far more than he could say for the slightly intelligent thug
with the inhuman strength and speed of a God. He knew that these people were only a portion of the powerful, iconic hero. It was without saying that he was being as careful as his wounded body could be. His determination would see him through this, but more than that it would be his skill.

He was charging head on towards the empowered person, dagger in hand as he felt his adrenalin kick in. Everything seemed to be in slow motion for only a moment as he felt a spark of life inside him. He was an adrenaline junky for sure, but it was moments like this that helped give his life under a mask the meaning it had. He could feel his body moving proactively. The empowered soldier was in fact quick on his hand, but years of training and self-deprecating torment had their scars showing. The soldier hadn’t noted Humanity’s placement of his hands, and he hadn’t noticed his footwork and positioning. The faintest traces of his personal direction, his intended vector were obscured.

Their full speed was unknown as they rushed to Humanity, their fist coming to what they would assume would be meeting his face, until their hand came clean off, sending them stumbling back as blood gushed from the wound. Humanity took a step back himself as he realized what a close call that had been. He hadn’t utilized the Jotunn form in such a long time, beings of this low speed were hardly comparable to the ones on the teir of Guilty Spark, Bolt or Lightyear. Thinking too much, WHY CAN'TI EMPTY MYSELF!?

Yet there were more challengers to add to the mix. Four, five and six more of the
soldiers dropped from the sky, all of them leering as they saw one of their own members without a hand. Humanity scoffed and began to prepare himself to focus once more. However, he caught the sound of a voice. His irritation from being unable to center and "empty" himself was momentarily forgotten, as his eyes scanned the source.

There was a certain type of vibe one could receive from others. Some say it’s due to the latent psychic ability of man. Others say it’s a culmination of years of instinct, finely cultivated to be the ultimate sense of danger and gauge of character. So when his heart stopped dead in his tracks, witnessing a woman state that she only needed “About four” and touching things upon her arm, he could honestly say that he knew she was bad news. For him, at least. She seemed in good spirits, enough so that she made it clear that she didn’t mean to step upon his toes. That being said, she may have been an ally, but it was difficult to figure her out.

He had bigger fish to for right now. Humanity didn’t pay her much heed, though he nodded to her, a sign of respect to some degree. The ground caved beneath them as Humanity fought, kicking from one soldier's chest and spinning in the air, the blade slicing through with a wicked wind as blood began to spill. One more down. Two down total, one distracted and another killed by the woman. She dispatched them as if it were too easy.

But then the Earth itself changed, rumbling and roaring as the ground collapsed. He tried to leap as one of the empowered soldiers slammed into the ground with their fists. The shockwave kf it proved to be the worst of it, though Humanity let out a yelp as he attempted to dive away. The warrior’s concussive force seemed to shatter the ground open, as the human slid down the pieces of road. The sound of blacktop and concrete falling was roaring as he stuck his dagger into a large chunk of the road essentially riding it down.

Having quite enough of this foolishness, he sheathed his dagger, withdrawing his ballistic knife. With a grunt he looked to the woman. She'd probably be dismissive of him. Most metahumans were. Part of what made him so deadly.... but she wasn't the target. Setting himself forward on his goal he walked past her headed towards his personal goal.

A sun rises on The Big Apple (Crisis thread, Invite only) Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas June 28th 2020, 12:28 pm

Asura slid down the shattered remnants of the streets collapsing above her, eyes scanning around the dimly lit section under the city. It was different than expected from a cities sewers, walls undulating as if made of an unknown material. "Now this is interesting,” She muttered under her breath, hearing the sound of something rumbling deeply in the distance. Shaking the city to the core like a tumultuous earthquake.  The room around them was a dimly lit looking passage way,  lights blinking on the upper limits of the wall. "you here masked guy?” She questioned, looking around with fingers clenched tightly around the hilt of her vibroblade and rising to her full height to consider everything.

Someone had rapidly built a tunnel network under the city or perhaps overlayed on the current underground. How had something happened like this? Did this have anything to do with the attack on the city? ”Watching Atlas fall a second time was my intention but catching Humanity in my web, well now that is quite the prize,” She watched the undulating material rapidly close over above them as if no hole had been created. ”watching the avatar of mankind take down the physical god before us, it weas breathtaking really.  I want to see what else you can do,” The voice sounded male, modulated in a way that suggested they didn’t want to be known. Someone was messing with them, that much she knew but for what reason was unknown.

"Don’t know who the hell you are or what you want with this guy, but I don’t want a part of it, ” She growled, looking for any exit save for the hallway which stretched out beyond and behind them. Seconds lasted be fore the walls behind them began to squirm and then close in, as if trying to consume them like an avalanche. Quasi-mud that was trying to eat them much like a massive maw. "shit shit shit,” She cursed under her breath, turning and quickly looking over the branching passages ahead of them. "you don’t have to trust me but I’m pretty sure whoever’s doing this won’t care if we die from this,” She extended a hand as if offering to carry him down the hall, the speeds less than sonic but hopefully enough to outrun the death coming for them.

This would lead them to a larger section that would have been one of those wide open sections within a sewer, but reformed with the stranger matter. Sterile lights shining upon them, with only one exit once the one behind them closed in on itself.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top