The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2024 12:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 8:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2024 6:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 12:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 10:22 pm by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2024 10:19 am by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 2:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2024 12:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2024 8:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 11, 2024 3:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Character Creation Contest: May 2019

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Creation Contest: May 2019 Empty Character Creation Contest: May 2019

Post by Chellizard Fri May 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Character Creation Contest

May 2019
END DATE: May 17, 2019 @ 11:59PM
THEME: Sealife / Creatures of the Deep / "Mer-may-ds."

What am I being graded on?

Creativity

Your job is to create a character that, not only is unique, but has a unique personality, history, and set of powers and weaknesses to go with it.

Concept

The concept is generally diving more deeply into the history of the character as well as the powerset. How well do they work together? How do the powers work? How does the character function in SHRP's normal society?

Execution

This goes without saying that we're looking at the overall application and flow of the application. How pleasing it was to read, and how easy it was to understand. Was the origin story spot on? Did it make sense for the character? Are the powers perfect?

Who is grading me and how?

Grading Scale

With the three main components of Creativity, Concept, and Execution there will be a grading scale of 1-10. 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest.

Bonus Points

Bonus points will be handed out based on two categories: Graphics and Grammar. These will be graded on a scale of 1-5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.

Judges

The community.

Users that do not wish to participate will be eligible to judge the contest. You will need to reply to this thread stating if you are entering or not so that I know who will be judges and who will not.

What do I get?

1st Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
200 flat XP

2nd Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
150 flat XP

3rd Place Prize

Ghost Slot*
100 flat XP

Participants

50 flat XP

Grading Code

Copy Me!

Code:

[b]Creativity:[/b] 0
 [b]Concept:[/b] 0
 [b]Execution:[/b] 0
 [b]Graphics:[/b] 0
 [b]Grammar:[/b] 0

*A ghost slot is a character slot that you gain temporarily to allow one more character to your roster. Once you choose to retire a character, you lose that slot. You do not gain a permanent character slot.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited by Chellizard on Fri May 31, 2019 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Contest: May 2019 Empty Re: Character Creation Contest: May 2019

Post by Thorgron Fri May 10, 2019 12:57 pm

I will be participating so no judging for me!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Contest: May 2019 Empty Re: Character Creation Contest: May 2019

Post by Ultragal Fri May 10, 2019 1:01 pm

I'm sorry, my old & dear friends. I can't participate or judge. I'm sure I'll enjoy reading the posts after the contest ends. Thank you.
Ultragal
Ultragal
A Sweet Cinnamon Roll

Quote : "To be good, kind, and fair will always triumph over evil, being ruthless/cruel, and being a tyrant/dictator."

Number of posts : 263
Job : Office work/clerical/occasional multitasking
Registration date : 2016-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor Fri May 10, 2019 2:25 pm

I won't be participating, so I'm free to Judge.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : Fellas, you can walk out of here on your own two legs, or the EMTs can wheel you out on stretchers. Make the right choice. -Gavin Clough

Number of posts : 122
Job : Warbound
Humor : Not child friendly.
Registration date : 2019-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes Fri May 10, 2019 2:45 pm

I will be participating, and I’m gonna wipe the floor with all y’all! ...but let’s also have fun...
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina A. Russel Fri May 10, 2019 3:53 pm

I have a kickass character that'll blow all ya'll's lame attempts out of the water. Don't @ me.

I'm so joking ya'll know I love you.
Katrina A. Russel
Katrina A. Russel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Fri May 10, 2019 9:28 pm

I'll join. Have had a character in mind for awhile that I thought I might introduce in an Alert as some sort of villain, but this works too.

Also gonna be a flawless victory. No contest. Fatality................

Death and destruction.

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FantasyBound Fri May 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Gonna assist with the judging, my favourite! Destructive Constructive criticism!
FantasyBound
FantasyBound
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 149
Job : Gofer
Humor : Eh, I just make a lot of comments and see which one kicks.
Registration date : 2018-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Row Sat May 11, 2019 8:39 am

im partaking it it >.> i gotta improve my writing

Poring Flan
Glitch
Kari
(EXP)
Character Creation Contest: May 2019 Emerl_by_arrowhead_by_omireiworld-dbj7qwz
Row
Row
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2017-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShoddyHuman Sat May 11, 2019 1:49 pm

I'm going to participate as well.
ShoddyHuman
ShoddyHuman

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by REDSHEILD Wed May 15, 2019 6:20 pm

I am participating, and have submitted my entry.
REDSHEILD

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Jean Robert Boisvenu Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 pm

I'm also participating and I submitted mine!
Jean Robert Boisvenu
Jean Robert Boisvenu

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2019-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top