The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Gavin Clough I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Gavin Clough I_vote_lcapGavin Clough I_voting_barGavin Clough I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Gavin Clough

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gavin Clough Empty Gavin Clough

Post by inquisitor April 1st 2019, 3:04 am

Gavin Clough

"Fellas, you can walk out of here on your own two legs, or the EMTs can wheel you out on stretchers. Make the right choice."

The Bio

Renegade Name:  The Blacksmith
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human, Caucasian
Hair: Thick, curly brown.
Eyes: Deep, dark brown.
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 235 lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Gavin has wide shoulders and strong arms gained from his hours working as a blacksmith's apprentice, and then blacksmith, for a variety of Renaissance Fairs. He is tall, standing at 6 feet, 5 inches in height, and weighs around 235 pounds. He has thick, curly brown hair, a beard to match, and deep, dark brown eyes. Hidden under his clothing, he also has a small majority of scars on his arms, where sparks from his forge work have burnt him.

Gavin Clough Latest?cb=20111122223152&path-prefix=es

The Personality

Gavin is typically very gentle and slow to anger. Due to his naturally great strength, he learned while he was still a young boy to restrain himself so as not to inadvertently harm others. This restraint extends to his mindset as well, and he typically says only what he thinks needs to be said and nothing more. He also takes great care before speaking, making sure his thoughts are well formed and complete before opening his mouth. This carefulness, combined with his bear-like stature, often gives others the impression that he is somewhat slow of wit. However, his cautious way of thinking gives him such insight into people and situations that scheming "Heroes" and "Villains" often mistake his straightforward manner for one of extreme craftiness that he has intentionally disguised with a simplistic veneer.

The Story

Gavin has, since he was 12, worked with his uncle in the a traveling forge that joined various Renaissance Fairs. He enjoyed the work, as it gave him something to focus on, and also something that would allow him to use his natural strength. He spent three years learning the art of the blacksmith from his uncle, and friends of his uncle. And then one day, shortly after he turned 20, his powers manifested.

Shortly after his 20th birthday, Gavin was working the forge with his uncle, helping craft a number of special order swords for a group of "knights" for the Fair they were attending. While holding one of the swords on an anvil for his uncle, a fight between Fair goers spread into the forge and caused a spill of coals, which started a fire. In the confusion that followed, Gavin's uncle was trapped in the burning building. When Gavin realized this, he rushed into the building to help him get out, still holding the tongs he had been using during the work.

It was only after Gavin emerged from the burning building, with his uncle, that he saw what had happened. His body was iron, literally. And it had allowed him to push through the burning building and rescue his uncle. He was so shocked that he dropped the tongs, and the iron was gone, as if it had never been there.

Gavin has spent the last eight years learning to control his powers, moving between Fairs with his uncle. Recently, however, he has saved up enough money to be able to buy a house and plot of land on the outskirts of Chicago. Using some of the land, he built his own forge, where he hones his skills, both mundane and power-related.

The Priority

1. Strength
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Agility

The Powers

Matter Absorption
Gavin has the ability to duplicate the properties of any solid, non-living matter he touches. For example, if Gavin touches the metal titanium, his body takes on the appearance and properties of titanium. In accordance, his physical attributes are enhanced to match the matter he absorbs. Gavin retains his intellect and capacity for speech and full physical movement.

The Weaknesses

Normal Human
Without absorbing any matter, Gavin is susceptible to all the same things a normal human being is, such as physical injury and illness.

Matter Weaknesses
While his powers allow him enhanced durability and strength, they come with the weaknesses that match the matter he becomes. For instance, if he becomes glass, sufficent force will shatter him and enough heat will melt him.

The Items

When at home and working, Gavin wears a comfortable pair of pants, a shirt, steel-toed boots, and a leather apron that protects his clothing from sparks. When he leaves home, he normally carries with him a leather satchel filled with various items made of different materials. The various items are as follows: One dull arrowhead, made from high quality steel; one pair of brass knuckles, made of lead; a broken chuck of concrete; the tongs he was using the first time his powers manifested.

The RP Sample

Gavin stood, his back to the wall. His outfit worked well for this kind of situation, as it was just the right shade to match with the concrete he was touching with his left hand. Absorbing the concrete allowed him to blend just enough that the bank robbers had missed him in the hustle, as they rushed in to take over the lobby, and hold the patrons and staff hostage. One of the guards had tried to fight back, and had received a bullet for his trouble. Seeing that had caused the blacksmith to pause for a moment, instead of stepping in and ending the situation. After all, if these men were willing to shoot a normal person, there was a good chance that they would shoot him as well, no matter what his abilities. So he stood and watched, his left hand resting inside his satchel, fingers running across the four items in it.

After a good deal of shouting, mostly from the patrons, as they scrambled in fear, the lobby went silent, save for a woman sobbing as she held her head in her hands. And then the bank robbers got "organized", as they ordered the staff to open the tills and fill their bags. As two of them stood watch in the lobby, the other five went across the counter, to make sure the tills were emptied and the silent alarms weren't touched. One of the five grabbed the manager and drug him towards the back, where Gavin was certain the safe was. Watching, Gavin frowned softly at the woman who was still sobbing. One of the robbers was staring at her, his eyes narrowing. It was hard to tell what his expression was, hidden under the hockey mask, but Gavin could guess, as the young smith watched the mans fingers tighten on the grip of his rifle. The robber moved forward, towards the woman, and raised his rifle up in the air, aiming the butt-stock at the woman. He brought it down to smack her, only for it to stop just short, the middle of the rifle held clenched in a hand made entirely of high quality steel.

"Now, I know that this kind of work can be stressful, sir. But I also know that you shouldn't smack people around with weapons. Now, hows about you move along and leave this poor lady alone. Before I take that rifle and twist it around your neck like a pretzel?"

The robber stared for a minute at the steel-clad man, before he let go of the rifle with one hand to pull a pistol out. Leveling the much smaller weapon at the blacksmith, he squeezed the trigger once, and then a second time, watching as the first bullet hit the man and then dropped to the ground. The second bullet shot off at a ricochet, passing through and shattering one of the windows set in the entrance doors. In the time it took for the entire interaction between the two men, the other robber in the lobby had managed to level his rifle at Gavin, and call out to the other robbers. In short order, Gavin was surrounded by 5 armed men, each with a weapon pointed at him.

"Fellas, no matter what happens here, this day is not going to end well for you if you don't stop pointing those weapons at me," came his calm, collected voice. "The only person walking out of this Mexican stand-off intact is going to be me. And I really don't want to have to give the police a really long statement about how I beat all 8 of you unconscious," he continued, turning his head to look at each man in turn.

From outside the bank, there was already one police car parked, with the two officers assigned to it already on the radio, calling that shots had been fired. There was silence for a moment, after the first three shots, and then a rapid burst of gunfire, followed by screams and grunts. And then, silence once more.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : Fellas, you can walk out of here on your own two legs, or the EMTs can wheel you out on stretchers. Make the right choice. -Gavin Clough

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 127
Job : Warbound
Humor : Not child friendly.
Registration date : 2019-03-30

Back to top Go down

Gavin Clough Empty Re: Gavin Clough

Post by Dubloon April 1st 2019, 4:39 am

Approved Until Stated Otherwise \o/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top