The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapStumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_voting_barStumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Stumbling Into Madness (Complete)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stumbling Into Madness (Complete)

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 4:29 pm

"Yep, got them right here," Alan opened his knapsack to expose said flashlights, "And I got some extra batteries too just in case. One thing that reality has over horror movies is that real people can avoid making the kinds of decisions that get fictional characters killed,"

Alan walked onward towards the ruins, keeping his eyes and ears pealed for anything out of the ordinary. At hearing Iha's comment, he glanced back and nodded, "I got the same feeling on the bus ride here. A part of me thought it was just my imagination but if you're getting the same sensation then this can't just be coincidence..."

He stopped at the archway leading into the city and took a deep breath, "Alright...whatever happens...happens..." With that, he walked through the entrance.

GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 344
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Stumbling Into Madness (Complete) - Page 2 Empty Re: Stumbling Into Madness (Complete)

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 6:05 pm

"Good thinking." He took one of the flashlights and turned it on. The beam was wide and bright, making the trail before him clear.

The city was over two miles in diameter with the temple in its center. The schematics showed the path through the city easy enough. Occasionally there would be a crumbled wall of an old building or a deep crevasse blocking the most direct path, but with Mehka's help the path calibrated it's self.

They where two blocks in now. A dark figure shown before them. When Iha put the light to him he didn't flinch. The man looked normal enough. Common day cloths. Normal skin. Dark eyes. Iha's facial recignition didn't show anything troubling.  Now to see if he can answer questions.

"How are you doing tonight?" Iha asked. Taking a slow step forward. "You out here alone?"

Then man didn't answer. His body twitched a little, a ripple that started at his right shoulder and ended at his left leg. As Iha got closer, about ten feet or so the man leaped at him. A loud growl pouring from his throat.

Quickly turning his body, using the man's weight against himself Iha tossed him to the side. The figure slid to a landing on both feet and darted toward the others...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Avatar image: By Ofelia Generated with AI.
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 443
Job : Medical, Navy
Humor : Your mom
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 6:19 pm

At seeing the man appear before them, Alan stopped and tilted his head, "Hello...?" However, he backpedaled almost immediately when the man went on the attack. Alan grappled with the lunatic before trying to drag the latter's arms behind his back, "I hate doing this but I need to find out what's got you so ticked off!!" He threw an apologetic look in Iha's direction before he proceeded to start using his Telepathy on the man.

Almost immediately, he was hit with a wave of fury and sorrow, like he was on a boat in the middle of the sea during a storm and there was nothing he could do about it. He focused on Iha again, "This guy isn't in his right frame of mind! It's like he's possessed or something...I'm gonna try and calm him down!!" With that, he set about using Pathokinesis to try and lower the aggression he was emitting.
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : College Student

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 6:41 pm

As the two wrestled, Iha circled them. The kid did seem pretty skilled, getting behind him so quick reminded Iha of a police officer. As soon as the man seemed to relax a bit another wild person burst out from behind a wall, the clash caused rubble to spread along the path.

Iha's systems activated to protect him from falling debris. In almost an instant a piece of metal on Iha's belt melted into a metallic ball and darted to his right. It fanned out to create a crescent wall that absorbed the incoming stone. As soon as the last of the rock fell to the ground the metal melted back down and began to circle Iha in it's liquid form prepared to black anything.

The crazy person landed then lunged for Iha. A shift to his right side allowed the metal to form a loop around the man's body and legs, subduing him. Thrashing on the floor and making animal sounds disturbed the perfect darkness of the city. Grunts and howls began to roar throughout the area. If Iha and his group where ever hidden, they weren't any longer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 7:03 pm

Telepathy and anything related to it was not something Alan or Aurora liked using very much as it felt invasive and the morality behind it was questionable at times. Regardless, their efforts seemed to pay off and the man slumped to the ground, barely conscious.

Alan then turned in time to stare in surprise at Iha's display of metalbending, managing to deflect an attack and capture the target with what seemed like little effort, "Nice moves..." The young man then just stood there awkwardly, scratching the back of his head as he let out a sigh, "I guess both of us are more than what we seem, aren't we?"

The sounds of howls through the area made his hair stand on end and he whirled around to see a mob of crazy people at one end of the alley, "I got these guys! You take the ones on the other end! Try not to hurt them too much though, as I don't think they're doing this of their own free will!"

Alan reached out an arm and stopped several of the men in their tracks with his telekinesis before shoving them against the walls. He opened his mouth and let a surprisingly soft melody that echoed through the halls and made the concrete walls seemingly come alive long enough for globs in the shape of hands to reach out and hold the possessed people's arms and legs with the globs solidifying to hold them.

More howls came from over the walls as what looked to be black specters in the shape of wolves bounded over them, beady red eyes glaring down at Alan. He held his arm up as it morphed into a shield only for it to start to crack from being repeatedly attacked, "Magic...of course..." His other arm morphed into a tentacle and he lashed out, grabbing one of the wolves and slamming it againt a wall hard enough to make it explode into mist.

He ducked under another as it did a flying leap only to grab its tail as it passed over him and smashed it down on one of its buddies hard enough to leave a crater and then did it to another one before tossing his makeshift bludgeon away. Alan winced as one managed to slash him across the back, drawing a bit of green blood, before he kicked it hard enough to send it flying back over the wall.
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 7:22 pm

Iha had just enough time to smile at the man's comment when a wolf attacked from behind him. The metal forming into a spiked wall caused the creature to burst into little purple particles. Dark magic Iha thought. The kid was right, these people have to be possessed. A mob started toward him.

Iha unlatched a pouch on his belt and let animal hair fly out. With a word or two in ancient Egyptian the ground shook. A necropolis formed from out of the ground, two large statues of Anubis stood six feet tall at two of the ends. Four large foxes emerged. As the crowd closed in Iha spoke, "Darkness." The foxes leaped into motion. Their spirit like bodies attacking the people, with jumps at their throat's the foxes themselves fell through their opponents, only to drag an evil manged coyote spirit out of the people.

Once the spirit was out of the people they feel to the ground, looking to be asleep. Who knows how long they have been out here. Maybe days. They would have to be exhausted.

Though the foxes where doing well. Each one of their attacks seemed to at least paralyze the people. But it wasn't fast enough. The mob was soon on Iha's flanks. Taking into account what Mehka had taught him Iha began to punch, throw, and kick people. Hitting some harder than he'd like, they would hit the stone walls that created the ally, sending shivers down the path.

This seems useless. Iha thought. "We have to get to that temple!" He yelled in the other direction to his companions.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 7:33 pm

Fighting through the pain of his cut, Alan managed to catch a glimpse of Iha's power yet again and to say he was left shocked would be quite the understatement. "Ok, I think I speak on both our behalves when I say I'm glad that guy's on our side." Aurora commented, also watching.

"Yeah..." At hearing Iha's suggestion to get to the temple, Alan nodded and booked it even as more coyote spirits began to gather. He stopped and turned to face the oncoming mob and let loose yet another song, causing a slab of ground in front of him to shoot up and block off the passageway, "That should hold them back for a while..."

He turned and followed Iha deeper into the city even as he noticed the scenery around them was starting a gradual shift from man-made structures to looking like it was slowly being reclaimed by nature, "Alright, mind giving me some info as to what exactly is going on here and why you're so convinced we gotta get to the temple?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 7:44 pm

The metal on Iha's belt melted, adding to the already floating mass. He used this to shape into an arrow type barrier. Pushing through the large crowd they made their way deeper into the city. Leaving the foxes behind to cure the area as it might.

"Well, sense you have abilities I thought you might help me." He explained as he taunted them to run. "I believe there is an artifact in the temple causing this to happen. If we can get there and subdue it somehow this might save the next city." He continued. "The powers of this thing has been growing somehow... Will you help me?" He asked, knowing people can be fickle at times.

The scene behind them started to look less like city and more like jungle. Large trees began to tower above them, the road started to show patches of thick grass, and animal sounds intensified, though somehow these sounded, 'normal'.

"The temple is about a half mile away." He said as they pushed on.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 7:59 pm

"You don't even need to ask," Alan said with a small smile, "I happen to really like Mexico so if this relic is a danger to this land, and judging by the looks of this, it is..." He eyed the scenery around them which now looked more like a jungle, "Than if you ask me, it's better off destroyed than in the wrong hands...oh, but first..."

A flash of light and now there were two aliens flying alongside Iha, "This is my partner-in-crime, Aurora," Alan remarked as he gestured to the other alien who did a small bow back, "Our superhero identity is named Siren. Also-"

Before they could say anything else, the pair suddenly flew in front of Iha to stop him. The floor in the area before them suddenly gave way as what looked to be a bunch of gigantic venus flytraps emerged from the bowels of the earth to tower over them before one of them lashed downwards forcing the two aliens to use their telekinesis to jam rocks down its gullet, causing it to start choking.

Both Aurora and Alan nodded to each other before doing a high-five and fusing in a flash of light into their superhero self as more of the plant monsters began to emerge and hover over sections of the city...
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 8:28 pm

Aliens began to fly by and Iha was surprised. So this is what happened so many years ago. He thought as they came to a halt. Huge plants rushed toward them, being saved by Siren Iha pulled at the metal barrier. Shaping it into a sword he pushed the blade through the attacking plants, causing them to fall in heaps.

Two more came at them. The Metal dratted out, blocking the huge jaws, this gave Iha time to run past and cut them down as well. The ground shook. Vines pushed out from the wooded surroundings and attempted to grab Iha. The meal was just quick enough to smack it way. Seeing that the system was starting to be overwhelmed by the sheer amount of vines and attacks, Iha opened another pouch.

Pulling a feather out he tossed it before him, saying three words in Egyptian he crossed his arms. Before him two large soul like arms formed. "Stay close to me." Iha said as he moved forward. The arms created a magical barrier. When the vines came for them they would evaporate into tiny particles.

"I am actually an android. Sense we are sharing secrets. And my name is Iha." He said as they made there way to the temple.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 8:47 pm

Alan did as instructed, sticking by Iha's side and watching him go to work. "An android that can use magic...well, a wise person once said something about how once science advances far enough it's not much different than magic," He/she stuck by their partner's side and morphed her arms into giant curved blades, swatting and slicing through the plants that got too close. A wall broke apart as more plants began to crawl through.

Siren inhaled and let loose a mighty sonic scream which caused a section of the upper area to fall and crush the plants, "I'll cover your back! Just keep moving towards the temple!!"

Suddenly, from out of the pit crawled what looked to be various types of creatures formed from plant and wood, including giant worms formed from swarms of vines bundled together and humanoid flowers donning wooden armor and their limbs fashioned into various weapons.

Gnarling her teeth, Siren threw both her arms forward and sent a telekinetic blast out strong enough to shred a good number of the monsters to pieces and then shielding her fist in a telekinetic shell she would punch the earth hard enough to split it open and drop another portion of the mobs back down into the depths they had crawled out of.
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 9:09 pm

Iha pushed forward. The creatures that attacked obliterated on the magical shield, they didn't have a chance, but the ones that stood still did. If the barrier where to pass them before they attacked it would give them a perfect opening. Iha had to shift his position once or twice around crazed people or tree branches. The metal did the rest.

They approached the temple. The sonic screams that this hero made caused Iha's ears to mute in and out. Luckily it didn't effect his balance as they made their way up the thousand stair climb.

As they got closer, creatures began to crawl up the almost vertical walls. Attacking from right, then left, then obliterating at the front. It was a miracle this temple could get so horrific without people noticing, Maybe they did, but didn't stand a chance against it.. Iha thought.

A huge vine whipped down the stairs they where on. The metal formed to a point and broke it, the magic shield dusted the remainder. Finally they where at the top.

Looking down for a moment Iha dropped his arms. The barrier broke away and the liquid metal bubbled up again around him. It wasn't as crazy up here. At least for now. In the distance Iha could make out the  city lights.

Incoming Iha. Dr. Icarus has arrived. Whats the plan? Mehka asked.
Drop ten T-16 around the perimiter of this Temple City. Don't let anything leave unless it asks. Iha finished.

Grabbing at the flashlight Iha pointed it down a large shaft. "I think its that way." The schematics where only estimates at this point, who knows what has changed.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 9:25 pm

"Hang on, I need a quick breather..." Siren mentioned as they stood at the top of the steps, trying to catch their breath as the cut on their back started to heal, "Alright, I think I'm good..." She straightened and looked out over the ruined city with a solemn expression, "So I was right...the Aztecs stationed here didn't vanish just because of the colonists....I don't know if this relic they had was something they made, a curse from their gods, or some awful mix of the two...but no matter what happens from here, we gotta stop it..."

Siren then morphed into a feathery serpent and laid next to Iha, "Climb on and let's head down." She'd wait for him to do so and then they would take off down the shaft.
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 17th 2019, 9:48 pm

Iha could see the lights and fuel trail of Dr. Icarus's plane. The T-16s where being deployed. Iha smiled. "We can take a brake, you see that?" He pointed to the plane. "My friend is dropping off some help. So you know we aren't alone." He comforted.

After the hero morphed Iha jumped on. This was turning out to be one heck of an adventure. But he definitely agreed with Siren, this thing needed to be destroyed. Who knows how long it will be before the madness of this place started to spread.

The T-16s are setting up their positions. Mehka said.
Good, make sure they are ready for Mobs. But if they stay far enough back there may be no trouble. Lets just how this place isn't growing too fast. He said to her as they worked their way downward.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerXZ January 17th 2019, 9:53 pm

"That's good to hear," Siren mentioned with a nod, "It's gonna be up to them to keep this place contained until we can do what we gotta do," As they flew ever deeper into the chasm, he had to ask, "So, Iha...we got some time to kill before we reach the bottom so why don't we trade stories about how we got into the superhero business?"
GamerXZ
GamerXZ
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost January 18th 2019, 6:56 pm

After Iha jumped on the now creatures back they made their way deep into the temple. The flashlight beamed against the walls of the cavern like shaft. Vines, grass, and ivy like leaves  combined with the strange designs of Aztec architecture could send chills down the spine.

The light flashed downward. It was indeed going to take a minute to get to the bottom.

"Well, I don't look it, but am actually and ancient Egyptian. At least that is what people call us nowadays. Long ago I found out that my teacher in the magical arts sent an evil spirit to kill me and my family." He spoke quietly, trying not to let his voice echo and give away their position; if it might be saved. "I was able to defeat it, but at a cost. The type of spirit that attacked my family would have destroyed my city.. my people if I didn't go away." He sighed.

For a moment Iha's eyes fell on the wall. Thoughts of his family ran though his head. His teacher. Healing the body was easy, but not the mind. Talking about it might help. He thought.

"I sealed my soul inside of a stone, the one that now lay in my chest. In doing so the spirit had to turn on my teacher, and I was able to save my people." He whispered. "In doing so I made a packed with my God's, that if I was ever given another chance at life. I would protect this world from evil and protect the artifacts of my time." He finished.

A small laugh left his chest. "You must think all of this is crazy... How about you, how did you become... this?" He questioned.

ghost
ghost
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum