The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Nightlight I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Nightlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nightlight Empty Nightlight

Post by Puglife43vr December 13th 2018, 10:13 pm

Nightlight

"I am the brightest light in the sky of the night.

I will fight for what is right and demonstrate my might.

I- y'know this is taking way too long. I am the Nightlight!"

The Bio

Hero Name: Nightlight
Title: Shadowstalker
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'9
Weight: 170 lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Blacklight & Brightlight: The Blacklight is the more negative side of Nightlight. Blacklight is more aggressive and dominant than Brightlight. His goal is to be able to be able to neutralize another super being with a single attack. Brightlight is less aggressive and quite submissive compared to Blacklight. Brightlight enjoys his job of healing others including those who oppose him. He shoots to be able to heal a whole city.

Lumin has never really developed a personality of his own. He's always the voice of reason between extreme good and extreme negativity.

The Story

Cliche:

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Reaction
3. Endurance
4. Strength

The Powers

Blacklight Ring:
Blacklight is one of the varying personalities of Nightlight. Blacklight has the ability to discharge extremely powerful beams of destructive energy. This energy isn't an instant kill beam. It ranges from non-lethal stun mode to a beam powerful  enough to cut through a steel beam with enough time given. Lumin uses negative emotions and deep shadows to power up Blacklight. Blacklight can also scan areas for metahuman presence.

Brightlight Ring:
Brightlight is also one of Nightlight's personalities and allows him to repair and heal objects and organic beings. The extent of this healing is light bruises to deeper gashes. Maiming/Vital Organ damage is not supported. His abilities are charged up by positive emotions and being in a well lit area. Brightlight can create bright glowing constructs similar to hardlight. They can take whatever shape he pleases. They aren't able to take a great deal of damage from attacks, but they can be used as supports.

Black Hole:
The black hole is a ball of dark pulsating energy that manipulates the area about itself to pull objects or people toward it. It can be used battling enemies or transportation. It acts as an anchor point that Nightlight can pull himself towards or swing from. It gives him more control over his movement in air.

White Hole:
The white hole is a ball of glowing energy that naturally pushes matter away from it in every direction. It can be used for keeping away enemies or transportation. Nightlight can be propelled at high speeds from this ball. It is a bit less wieldy than the Black Hole.

The Weaknesses

1. When one of the sides is active, their weakness is their opposite. If an opponent has dark powers and Brightlight is in use, he will be severely weakened. The Brightlight ring will stop working.

2. Lumin takes on the personality of the ring in use. The longer he uses it, the darker/more aggressive or lighter/friendlier Nightlight is. He could be so lighthearted as to heal opponents or as aggressive as to injure civilians.

3. The rings will only allow Nightlight to exist if he stays pure. No alcohol, drugs, or anything. He can't kill anyone whatsoever otherwise the rings will reject him and leave until he redeems himself.

4. Any reflective surfaces can be used to bounce Brightlight's attacks back in his direction. Also, his attacks can hurt himself.

5. The element Xenon interferes with all of Blacklight's abilities. He'd have to switch to the entirely support based Brightlight mode.

6. This is more of a limitation, but each of the abilities can only be used when the certain personality they are tied to is active.

The Items

The Rings of Luna and Sol:
The Rings of Luna and Sol allows Lumin to transform into the Nightlight. The rings were passed down from generation to generation and are priceless artifacts. The rings can also shift into dual blades, one for light and one for darkness. They both can return to Lumin as he wills it and the Blade of Luna allows Lumin to detect hidden objects and individuals. The Blade of Sol can heal individuals that the blade is in the area of.

Suit:
The suit that Lumin acquired was fabricated by the rings after scrolling through a few comics for inspiration. The mask is for protecting Lumin's identity and the suit sligtly helps concentration while using his light based powers.

Extra Dimensional Utility Belt:
A belt with compartments that have a holding capacity of around ten tons via a personal pocket dimension. As long as an object fits into the belts openings, which are 5" by 5", it can be stored. The belt also has an accompanying wrist watch that allows items to be identified then quickly accessed. The user need only search for their desired item on the touch screen, then reach into the belt to grab it from an otherwise chaotic treasure drove.

Weakness:
This item is a special Alert Reward. It has no weakness.

The Minions

The Fluff

Shadow Arts: Lumin has some martial arts training and has skill in Taekwondo.

Bending Light: Nightlight is relatively agile when operating as Brightlight. Not so much as it is a remarkable ability, but he is able to dodge punches and perform some acrobatic feats.

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Puglife43vr on July 4th 2019, 8:58 am; edited 4 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Nightlight Empty Re: Nightlight

Post by Red December 15th 2018, 12:16 am

Approved until stated otherwise.

Love the Oath subversion.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes July 6th 2019, 1:54 pm

Reapproved
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum