The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Anthem I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Anthem I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Anthem I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Anthem I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Anthem I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Anthem I_vote_lcapAnthem I_voting_barAnthem I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Anthem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anthem Empty Anthem

Post by Anthem August 7th 2018, 4:27 am

Anthem
"Sometimes I tremble like a little child. This face's mourning with a broken smile..."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Villain Name: Anthem
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human
Hair: White
Eyes: Aqua
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Blood type:

The Looks

Spoiler:

Alignment Justification

Chaotic Neutral characters do whatever the hell they like and damn the consequences. Asher in particular falls under the archtype of "The Hedonist". The Hedonist is interested in fulfilling their desires, and in pursuing their own interests. They have little to no respect for law and order either. They may take a moment or respect someone else's wishes or desires if that person just so happens to be their morality pet, or a person of sentiment. But on average,  they tend to look out for themselves. Most Chaotic Neutral characters don't constantly break the law, but they cannot see much value in laws. They believe that their own consciences are their best guides.

The Legacy

Personality:

Asher is a calm and passive person, very quiet and shies away from direct confrontation due to social anxiety. When forced into uncomfortable situations, he tends to retreat into his music, listening to it and attmepting to anticipate the beat of new songs, or commit chords to memory. While initiall a cold and isolated person, he actually acclimates quite quickly to others and becomes more active after a small time of observation. He is insanely loyal and protective of those he cares for.

Asher's powers come with a powerful curse, one that completely changes his personality to that of a cruel harbinger of death on occasion.

History:

Asher Atrepan was the son of a New York minister and a C.I.A deputy director for a mother.He had an older sister, Naomi, and two older brothers named Noah and Tori. Sahser discovered his metahuman power at the age of 5, when he was listening to music and he realized that he was capable of moving objects when he would attempt to play with the Rockband drum kit. Of course the loud clatter didn't mean much, but his love of music drove him forward, and he would quickly pick up the Violin, proving to be quite the virtuoso. While he tried many instruments, the only one that he truly loved was the violin.

Asher began to play the haunting melodies of his favorite band, and nightmares began to intensify. His cryokinetic brother Noah would try to help him, but it was only the oldest brother, Tori that would be able to assist him.

Asher never knew his father, all he knew was that his father didn't want him. That he would never accept a fourth child within the family, threatening to do the most horrific of things to ensure it never came to pass. Despite the fact that his father was a horrible man for doing so, Asher would eventually come to understand why, especially as Asher's powers developed.

The haunting melodies and the wailing strings of the bow sliding across the neck brought terrible forces with it, as the spirits of his ancestors began to appear before him while he played. Of course he was beleived to be insane, for the longest time. He was even placed in a special metahuman psychiatric hospital by his mother, hiding him under the fake surname of Atrepan. Stephens blakc hair slowly started to grey, then after a few years turned a stark white. He was visited every day, but his claims were the same. He heard and saw the voices of his father's family.

The Asylum collapsed, it was ruined as a human under tight guard had escaped back into the world. When it broke out, there was a powerful metahuman that brought own the roof, and unleashed a horrific monster that could not be seen by the living... not until it had targeted you. Asher had to leave, and when he escaped he had made it out only with his Violin, several hours, possibly even a day after the "incident".

Ever since, Asher has been wandering, looking for someone or something he could use to take him back to his family. But every time he gets close, the curse upon him seems to keep him farther away. Perhaps it was simple luck, but all Ash knew... he was going to have to use his curse... his power... to find the answers.

The Powers

Ghost Opera:  Asher is cursed. The Fourth Child of every generation would inherit the curse known as "The Ghost Opera". The ghost Opera allows the bearer of the curse to see the undead and supernatural for what they truly are. It also allows him to summon forth the spirits of his ancestors to do a plethora of things by preforming certain songs. All of his "Powers" are actually just different parts of this curse.

Ghost Opera (Into: The Haunting *Somewhere in Time*): Asher is cursed so that he is immune to all the same things as his ancestors would be. He is immune to age, disease, drwoning, temporal manipulations and can communicate with the dead. Whenever he plays with his violin, others may hear many other instruments playing at the same time, as the ghosts of his ancestors play alongside him.

Ghost Opera (Act I: Soul Society): This presents itself as a summoning ability, allowing him to summon a few spirits of the undead to haunt an area. This is a quick-draw preformance that can be completed quickly. Of course the minions (listed in minions) are weaker than others.

Ghost Opera (Act II: Veil of Elysium): This is a moderately powerful song that takes ffect immediately as the song begins playing, but the length of this ability is determined based upon how long they can play the song through. Veil of Elysium selects a target or targets and tethers them to the veil between life and death, pulling them in and trapping them with Asher. While in this plane, nothing in the physical world can affect them (unless it was selected to be pulled in as well) and they cannot affect anything within the living world.

The Weaknesses

Generally Oblivious: Asher is generally pretty clueless to everything going on in his surroundings. This is a byproduct of simply not caring as well as not being very in tune with the land of the living.

Supernatural Beacon: Literally anything and everything that qualifies as "supernatural" (Ghosts, Angels, Demons) can feel this guy pulsating miles away. The energy and aura wouldn't likely be appitizing to many angels or demons, however he is a walking vast collections of souls.  

By Fire They Purge: The most horrifying thing for Asher is fire. The pressence of fire will actually inhibit his ability to access his powers, regardless of the song he plays. The presence of fire also causes him physical pain from 5 times the distance of a regular person, meaning if he doesn't wish to feel the pain he needs to stay farther away, lest his skin blister.

Sound pollution: If there's too much noise, he cannot concentrate and it will cause him attempting to use his powers to backfire and physically harm him, and ruin chances of concentration later.

The Haunting: Not feeling pain is a weakness, because he is STILL living, and he can cause serious damage to himself by pushing himself too hard. He could also be harmed without even realizing he'd been harmed. Likewise just because he cannot drown doens't mean he doesn't suffer the panick, anxiety and horrific torutrue of feeling like he was drowning.

Honor Thy Ancestors: If Asher does anything, at any point that would make his father's ancestor mad at him, they will flood his mind and could possibly cause his personality to transform into "Anthem" which is the dark, necromantic personality created from the collective will of his ancestors. Best case scenario it causes him to pass out. Worst case, he is no longer capable of being himself and discerning friend from foe for a long time.  

The Mechanics

Ghost Opera (Prelude: Necropolis): Anthem is immune to the natural causes of death. Pestilence, Plague and Famine have no effect. While he breathes it is not a requirement for him to survive. Diseases and poisons can have no lethal effect on Anthem, they can become cumbersome, debilitating and horrifically painful...but they will not kill him.

[b]Ghost Opera (Interlude: Ministrum *The Shadow Key*):
A natural gift not born of the Ghost Opera, or even of the family curse. Asher is an excellent musician and singer. Asher is, of course, a virtuoso and is incredibly talented and quickly picks up even the newest of instruments and can learn to play it as beautifully as a well trained musician in only a day's or two's time.

The Arsenal

The Violin: A mundane violin that is a bit of an emotional crutch for Asher.

The Minions

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)

Minions:
Spoiler:

Physical Priority
Reaction
Agility
Endurance
Strength

Character Trivia

• All of Asher's powers are the name of Kamelot songs.
  • Asher's name is "Anthem". Anthem is defined as a rousing or uplifting song identified with a particular group, body, or cause.
  • Asher hates loves to play the Banjo and the Hamronica, however the Ghost Opera will possess him and immediately break any and all of those items present if he attempts to play one.
  • Asher has two brothers; Noah and Tori

RP Sample

Rp sample

Last edited by Anthem on August 12th 2018, 11:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anthem
Anthem

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Anthem Empty Re: Anthem

Post by Anthem August 8th 2018, 5:15 pm

Completed

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anthem Anthem10
Anthem
Anthem

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2018-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubloon August 26th 2018, 10:13 pm

Approved until stated otherwise.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Characters
Spoiler:
Dubloon
Dubloon
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "...."

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2015-07-20

Back to top Go down