The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_voting_barDOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ghost
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_voting_barDOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DBL XP Re: DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years?

Post by Shadowoof July 19th 2018, 11:56 pm

1. What brought you here? Boredom. I had just started writing online. Roleplaying. It was in sense, a new thing to take my time up. Then, one day, I decided to look up superhero rps and I found this place. And the size of it, the look of it, everything kinda just made me want to check this place out, to sign up. So I did.

2. What made you stay? The people. Ish. Mostly it was because I wouldn't leave. I wanted to make a story, to have fun and to meet new people. And while at the start I wasn't exactly the best person and as I've spoken to others, nor was I to them, I grew up and as I grew up, I grew up alongside the site, hells the site helped me grow up. And I couldn't leave it at that point. No matter what.

3. What would you change? I can't think of anything. I'm sure their are things already said that I'd agree with, but as it stands now, I don't need anything changed. This place is perfect to me. And I don't need anything more personally, I'm just quite happy to accept change as it comes, not bring it, lol. Only thing I could say is updating the history a little? Not sure what would be added, but eh.

4. What shouldn't we change? I refer to the above for this answer. Everything as it is, is fine to me.

5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times? I have no personal feelings to this, as a member, I didn't thin staff where unfair, and as a staff member, I attempt to be fair. But attempt is the best I can give you.

6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)? I wish I could have certainty. I wish I could write something from the many, many threads that I've written in. But as it stands, I have too many and too few, I do not know what exactly is my fave moment. But I do know I've mostly enjoyed every moment of rp.

Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 1508
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Katrina A. Russel July 20th 2018, 1:42 am

1. What brought you here? Short answer? The amazing stories and immersive environment that has been fostered over the course of SHRPG's long lifetime. One look at the site and you can tell it has a story, and when I first saw it, I wanted to be a part of it.

2. What made you stay? The people. First Pat, Chelle, Bliss, and then Zonk, Nate, and everybody else here who make SHRPG like family. So many sites have staff and members who don't care to be immersive or take part in the site as a whole, and the fact that we have so many who do, and actively campaign and band together for changes they feel benefit the site as a whole speaks volumes about the integrity of the staff and the quality of the site itself.

3. What would you change? Objectively? Nothing. The mechanics are in place for a reason, strict as they may seem, and real life always takes precedence over internet things. Subjectively, however, I would like to see experience easier to obtain, for whatever reason people wish to use it. I would also like to see organizations having a bigger impact on story. As it stands, organizations, businesses, and bases tend be more of a flavor option. But then, I'm obsessed with detail, and this is my entire subjective, most likely wrong, opinion.

4. What shouldn't we change? In general, everything. The site has been working, the influx of new writers and army of old attest to that much, and if it ain't broken don't fix it.

5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times? No. Strict, sure, but everything staff does has proper reasoning. And on the rare occasion that a staff member does reach beyond his or her station, the other staff members work quickly to remedy the situation. It's not like this is a dictatorship.

6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)? God, so many. The blossoming relationship of Ryan and Kubi, Elaine storming an army base, Katrina starting a war with Mr. Immortal. But to quantify any of these as my favorite moment would be to take away from the quality of all posts; I have never received anything other than perfection from any of the writers here, and even if posts are long in coming, I am always ensured it will be worth the wait.
Katrina A. Russel
Katrina A. Russel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2017-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger July 20th 2018, 11:32 pm

1. What brought you here?
Oh god I joined in 2011. I was an itty bitty little thirteen year old when I joined as it was still a few days before my birthday. Around that time I played a lot of Roblox because I was a hipster and was totally a head of the curve. On there I got into some role-playing games and realized I wanted to do more of it. This eventually lead me to a Percy Jackson rp site (that some of you may know) and after getting the hang of it for a year or so I wanted to do more. Possibly superhero based because I was into Superheroes and after a quick Google search (still the first result on google. Wooo!) I found my way here. The rest is history.

2. What made you stay?
Because this place is Hotel California.
The people, the stories we've told and have yet to tell. I can't seem to get enough of this place and the people I've come to know. No matter what life throws at me, how busy I get, or what else I always find my way back here.

3. What would you change?
A lot of people have been saying more character slots or at least an easier way to get them. Which honestly I don't see the need for. That may be because of my busy lifestyle but the characters I do have is already more than enough to keep me entertained.

Actually answering the question though.
Lore. There needs to be an easier way to keep track of things that have happened on the site. Things that have had an actual impact in game or possibly even minor ones. I like what Odien was attempting and think that would be a great thing if it was finished, maybe even do something similar for the stories that have happened so people can read up on what has happened with a character they're posting with. (Also more Arcs, bigger board involvement altogether. Idk I'm tired and rambling)

4. What shouldn't we change?
The atmosphere, the feel of the site and the people. It's what keeps people coming and staying. Everything about the site is wonderful and I appreciate everything that's happened in my long 7 years on this site.

5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times?
As a previous staff member I honestly can say that yes. We're all humans. Sure, we try our best and the staff only want what is best for the site but sometimes emotions get in the way. Or some preconceived prejudices or thoughts, point is sometimes staff can be unfair or harsh in their judgement of a character application, or ruling, but over all that hardly ever happens and staff should keep up the good work.

6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)?
The entirety of the New York Assault, running around as Project Death and kidnapping super's for Doc Necro.
Anything involving Ranger and Paine (Dead OTP will live on in our hearts), Ranger's fued with Phillip, Huntress, Elena Marie and thus him joining the Phantoms. This of course would eventually lead to him creating the hero group Knightwatch was was awesome while it lasted.
Any and all threads involving Darren. His introduction where he meets his best friend Forceave, joining the Talons, etc. The jokester hobo with a sword will live on in infamy.
All of the havoc and destruction caused by Cain. Starting off as a lowly wanabe Vampire, eventually becoming a real with (thanks Chelle) and the threads with Pat where he (Cain) would eventually become the Lord of Shadows. The big bad king and lord of the night and all the creatures that call it home.
Finally most recently the thread between Romulus and Lucius Alba/Red.
'Twas an amazing seven years

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
DOUBLE XP EVENT: Has it really been 10 years? - Page 2 TheRangerFinishedResize-1
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 535
Job : Lawyer in training
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 21st 2018, 3:52 am

The Ranger wrote:
Finally most recently the thread between Romulus and Lucius Alba/Red.

Honored to be specifically mentioned. I really enjoyed that thread too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Swolefather July 26th 2018, 9:59 pm

1. What brought you here?
I just googled 'super hero roleplay' and blam, it popped up.
2. What made you stay?
Patto, Roody and later on the zonkers.
3. What would you change?
Take Zonk off of staff.(Kidding, I would just add a little bit more lore)
4. What shouldn't we change?
Dave. Dave should never change.
5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times?
Only when i'm being a whiny baby.
6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)?
Roan accidentally knocking Eric Slattery into a wall
The Swolefather
The Swolefather
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : SHRP's strongest member
Lift things up, put them down.
Resident competitive weightlifter.

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire July 26th 2018, 10:09 pm

1. What brought you here? I searched up Superhero RPG, looking for something like this site... Guess what I found!

2. What made you stay? The open concept of things, encouraging the creativity of everyone around. The site encourages thinking, using your brain to create something that you can be proud of.

3. What would you change? I don't really see anything that I would change, but I'm not really picky.

4. What shouldn't we change? The community. Everyone I've run into are really nice to me and each other, usually willing to work around other people... Perhaps I'm just lucky, but I've loved the community.

5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times? Nope. But I've never witnessed the staff work, and I thought they may have been TOO fair.

6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)? I've loved all of my character's interactions... 
From dancing like Michael Jackson in a gunfight, to pissing off Humanity in two incomplete threads, to going forward in time with his friends, and all the way back around to proposing to a girl by writing 'Will You Marry Me' on the wall with blood. 
My favorite moment has to be a tie between Dire and Jeannie Rose's wedding and Dire working with Fort [Sam Vervliet] to stop a teenage bomber.

Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Number of posts : 614
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius July 26th 2018, 10:31 pm

1. What brought you here? I was 17 at the time and just recently discovered the concept of forum based roleplaying. Of course I thought I was a good writer at the time but that was neither here nor there. I googled superhero rpg and after a little searching ended up here.

2. What made you stay? Now that’s an interesting story really. Guess in the beginning I didn’t have a better place to go. It evolved from there, the people, plots and characters managing to keep me around like a magnet. Honestly I guess the place sorta grew on me.

3. What would you change? Probably how information is compiled on the site, at the very least relevant information. Maybe something newer members could look over. Anything to help make roleplaying here a little more accessible. There’s also the talk about more character slots coming up, which I find is a fair thing to ask for. Maybe not anything like unlimited character slots but perhaps a wider selection of ways to get them. Give people something to strive for if they really want more characters.

4. What shouldn't we change? The room for creativity on the site is one of the reasons I stick around, so never change that. It gives me the chance to actually express my creativity without having to write up an entire book for a single premise. That most of all I would never want to change.

5. Do you feel staff are unfair at times? The staff are human, so from time to time they make a decision that would seem unfair but overall I don’t think so.

6. What was your favorite moment (in RP)? Now that is a tough one.

I guess Zell proposing to Sean and the two making a pillow fort afterwards.

Mike and pup confronting a sphinx.

The first time Sammy took on his demon form

There are a lot more but those are just a few I could think of off the top of my head.
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top