The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Not much different between New York and a Maze I_vote_lcapNot much different between New York and a Maze I_voting_barNot much different between New York and a Maze I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Not much different between New York and a Maze

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not much different between New York and a Maze Empty Not much different between New York and a Maze

Post by Champion February 24th 2018, 8:52 pm

Returning from Asgard to Earth was a strange transition. From a realm of combat and strength ruling to a world where law was suggested to be the true rule, now that was a massive switch. As someone that was more than proud of his own strength, that would have taken some getting used to. Energy swirled around Miguel as the gate itself opened, bringing forth loud whooshing sounds that felt as of he had shoved his head into a wind turbine. He was thrown through this tunnel of light and window, hurtling by the prompt of gravity until it gave way to darkness around him.

Night if he could tell.

This sensation of fall exaggerated as he continued, buildings rising like grand spires around him, composed of concrete and glass that mixed into a blur while he continued to fall. That was when it hit him that he would end up hitting the ground, and likely very hard from what he could tell. ”Goddamn magic portals!” Was all he managed as the corner of a building first came to greet him, shattering off and shaking the foundation as he continued to fall downwards. A sharp lance of pain going through his left side, quickly compounded with him meeting the ground.

Dirt being ripped up, along with what he could only assume was a fence ripping around him and followed suit. Eventually his motion was stopped by the side of a truck, windows shattering and metal denting inwards. ”Last time I let Roan configure the damn thing.” He groaned, removing himself from the side of a now ruined vehicle and examining the details through his armor. A few minor bruises but nothing that constituted him needing actually medical attention. Luckily his body knew how to deal with that thing in the first place, because it could have been...messy if he were normal. How normal people even went through their daily lives without dying was unknown to him.

”Now where the hell even am I? This looks like LA, if a little more...ghetto.”
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Not much different between New York and a Maze Empty Re: Not much different between New York and a Maze

Post by Zonkes March 1st 2018, 5:28 pm

Cadmus had been walking around the city for a good long while now. He had been here for months, and was starting to make a very small name for himself among some circles. They regarded him as a "metahuman" whatever that was, and thought that he might be dangerous. Honestly though, Cadmus wasn't sure why they would think that. He was a hero after all and... Well, he couldn't have been too awful. He had mostly just been stopping minor villains and rescuing cats from trees. It didn't seem like he had done anything to warrant such a response.

He decided he would take a walk through central park. Maybe meet some local dryads, though he had started to notice that their particular spear of influence was waning from where Cadmus had grown up. The air was less pure, water dirtier, grass just ever so less green. Dryads were also very few in number. So few in fact, Cadmus hadn’t seen a one.

He was however distracted by a minotaur materializing in the ghettos that was probably as tall as the apartment building he had found himself residing in. If he had to guess, he would put it around 7 stories high. Probably taller. MORTALS! Bellowed the massive beast, its hair swaying back and forth as it moved. I AM THE MIGHTY AGRAJAX, AND I HAVE COME TO TURN YOUR FORMERLY GREAT CITY INTO A LABYRINTH! The beast punctuated its point by knocking over a recently constructed skyscraper. Cadmus had heard tell of a cataclysm that had destroyed the majority of the city. It made sense considering the state things were in compared to what he had heard it was from a great sailor who had come here not 10 years before.

Cadmus got into a running position and touched his amulet. Lightning struck him, and he was surrounded by a set of bronze armor with a massive spear in his hand. Cadmus ran into the city as fast as he could, and greeted the monster. Greetings, Agrajax! I am Mythos! I would very much appreciate it if you would not destroy our lovely city! The hero began charging his spear with electricity ever so slightly.

The minotaur laughed heartily. WHAT IS THIS, SOME SORT OF HERO?! WHY, I HAD THOUGHT THAT YOUR KIND WOULD’VE GONE EXTINCT BY NOW! ALLOW ME TO HELP YOU GREET ELYSIUM! The minotaur raised a shining bronzine double headed axe and smashed it into Cadmus’ head… The axe drove Cadmus into the ground, but it left a massive head shaped dent where the thing had hit.

Cadmus couldn’t move free, but he knew he couldn’t get hurt either. He would just have to hope another hero would be able to free him.

Last edited by Zonky Blong on March 7th 2018, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Not much different between New York and a Maze Empty Re: Not much different between New York and a Maze

Post by Champion March 2nd 2018, 5:44 am

Looking down to the poor truck he had smashed into with his body, reducing it into a nearly inoperable pile of junk and likely a nightmare for the insurance that covered the poor thing. Not like it was his problem, considering Miguel had far more important things to worry about than someone elses little issues. The metal sections of his armor threatened to dig into his skin, these ineffectual little pieces that were no more dangerous to him than cotton fluff to the average person. A strange comparison within itself, but one that he didn’t consider in any real depth.

Contemplating deep themes would have gone on for a few minutes, but that was when he noted people were doing their little screaming and running thing. This suggested that something was going on and he needed to look into that little portion of things. ”Oh look, a massive minotaur. Now that is not out of place in this city.” Miguel noted with a roll of the eyes, drawing the long sword from his back and approaching the now dangerous situation that was going on. There were people he had to protect and he planned to do that with these fancy little superpowers of his, goddess given if he was understanding correctly.

A skyscraper had been knocked over, now rubble that was scattered in massive chunks. The massive creature proclaimed himself something, and then proceed to continue the wonton destruction that came with massive bullmen that didn’t understand things like that. Another hero had apparently challenged him but was slammed into the ground by a massive fuck off axe that likely was as large as a van. ”Hey, great Ag whatever! I’m gonna speed this along but you’re really messing up the neighborhood and it’s ticking me off. I’m giving you till the count of ten to leave or I rip that ugly bull head from those shoulders of yours.”

Of course Miguel would actually begin to count down, keeping eyes narrowed on the giant bull while doing so. That was when it raised its weapon and brought the thing down with a certain level of finality, one that he raised his blade to meet as the thing rapidly became a greatsword and caught the head of the axe. Concrete cracked and splintered around him, the young god being driven slightly into the ground. His face showed he required some effort to keep himself from being smashed downwards, but that effort quickly ebbed as he began to push the axe upwards. ”I’ll give you some points for balls but I doubt you’ll have those for much longer.” With a great shove he threw the Minotaur off balance, noting that the hero who had been driven into the ground looked stuck and so he darted over to their location.

Reaching down he tried to lift them from the ground while the minotaur was likely stunned from his sudden return.[/color][/color]
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes March 7th 2018, 10:27 pm

Cadmus had not been expecting such a devastating. He actually felt a bit dazed by it. Wait, he was dazed? This thing must be powerful. Or it had some sort of magic that was counteracting his invulnerability...at least partially. Either way, Cadmus knew this wouldn't end well if he didn't stop it quickly.

The Minotaur meanwhile was busy laughing at the puny humans pitiful attempts to attack him, and then stared at his axe which had a massive dent in it. He growled low, before another new hero joined the fray. The minotaur could sense something about these two heroes that reminded him of home.

The minotaur rose it's axe, attempting to destroy yet another hero and... missed? No, it didn't miss. The hero had caught the head. Agrajax roared in horror as he attempted to break the grasp of the hero, but was quickly pushed back. The minotaur fell backwards and crashed into a building.

Cadmus was impressed by the new heroes ability to easily disarm the monster, and was quickly pulled from the concrete. My thanks, hero. It would seem that this overgrown cow has decided that it should retreat. Said Cadmus as he watched the minotaur stand up and begin running away through the city streets.

Agrajax wasn't running however, not really. He was just calling in backup.

Suddenly, the air was filled with angry screeching as furies blasted from the skies, their terrifying claws cutting through concrete like heated butter, around 3 or 4 of the winged demon women headed toward Miguel and Cadmus.

Cadmus summoned electricity to his spear, and slammed the point into the closest one, destroying it almost instantly. The other one, managed to cut through the armor that was guarding his chest. Cadmus kicked it away.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion March 9th 2018, 4:44 pm

The strange hero he had saved from being lodged into the concrete gave him thanks once removed, Miguel giving them an actual proper look over once that was done. Well he was easy on the eyes, and definitely could withstand whatever pounding it took to get lodged into a street. Eyes turning to the minotaur that looked disquieted by the fact he had disarmed the thing so quickly and likely was ready to retreat. That was the assumption, until the sky itself tore open and three to four creatures emerged from them. Harpies was the assumption, but they would be dead either way.

Their claws looked pretty nasty but nothing that he worried about. Miguel deftly stepped back from the claw aimed for his chest, quickly reaching forward and grabbing onto the wrist to yank the creature forward. It let out an angered cry as he whipped his blade forward, one handing the greatsword as it sliced cleanly through the monsters torso and left the harpy a bisected mess that quickly expired. He grinned, stepping on the head of the down Harpy, applying enough pressure to crush the skull underneath his feet.

”Come on coward. Are you going to fight me like the great thing you say you are or do you need the ladies to stand a chance?” He called out, insulting the minotaur and everything about them with one statement. If there was one thing he didn’t like, it was cowards. Twirling his weapon, he turned to the one that Cadmus had kicked away and leaped forward to slam his weapon down it them. Except they knew to avoid the weapon, sharp edge missing and claws coming down. These bit down into his shoulder, managing to cut through skin and draw blood. There was pain, but nothing he wasn’t used to.

Turning the blade back, he swung it at the harpy again who attempted the same maneuver. However that lead to him abandoning the weapon and grabbing their arm. Slamming them face first into the pavement. ”I’ll leave her and anyone else who comes through to you Hunkules. Let me take care of the mutant minotaur.”
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes June 30th 2018, 7:03 pm

Cadmus was amazed at how easily this other hero dispatched the mythological beasts. He would have to ask for advice once this ordeal was over. Cadmus slammed his spear into the ground and summoned lightning, destroying the new threats called from the sky.

Agrajax began to glow red with anger as his plan was foiled one after another. He pointed at Miguel. I WILL FIGHT YOU, ONE ON ONE; LITTLE HERO! IF YOU WIN, THE CITY IS YOURS. BUT SHOULD I WIN, OR YOUR COMPANION FAIL TO DEFEAT MY MINIONS, YOU HELP ME TAKE THE CITY!”

Cadmus grinned as he looked around. ”I’ve bested your minions in combat, beast. What else can you possibly offer?” Asked Cadmus, not even noticing a Sphinx statue awakening.

“A battle of wits, you must win.” Said a ghostly voice. “To save the city that you live in.” The Sphinx stalked in front of Cadmus. “Try to cheat, or lose the day; and I will make you pay.” The beast grinned.

Cadmus looked at Miguel. Cadmus knew better than to trust his wits. But if Miguel was willing to fight the battle, then Cadmus had to do so as well.

“Very well, Sphinx. I will take your test.” Cadmus collapsed his spear and stood with his arms crossed. ”If I cannot answer your riddles, I shouldn’t claim myself as a son of Greece.”
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion July 6th 2018, 11:51 pm

Lightning struck down from the heavens and smote the reinforcements that the minotaur called onto the battlefield. Miguel smirked, awed by the massive display of power that was required to do so. Much different than what few people that remained in the area that saw the terrifying power before them. His massive bovine foe pointed him out, accepting the challenge after likely seeing that anything underhanded would have gone unsuccessful. He hefted the greatsword over his shoulder, feeling the weight of the weapon pressing against his shoulder. ”So, finally decided to fight me properly ya big bull.” His eyes narrowed, seemingly taking on an excited gleam to them. The battle lust that racked him was now more obvious, as if the god of war himself stood before the monster.

”I’ll not hold back now, since I bet that’ll just lead to more property damage for people to bitch at me about. Try not to doom the city or whatever.” He sounded confident, even shooting a wink to Cadmus before letting the transformation take over him. Visibly the muscles exposed by his armor bulged slightly, skin taking on a more olive tone and body seeming to change entirely. Black hair turning to deep red, marks spreading along his cheeks and two spots on his forehead splitting open to reveal curved rams horns that settled upon his head. A tail of scale and fur lashed out from his lower back, slamming into the street to leave a large crater ringed with cracks.

”Just don’t blame me if this hurts a lot.” Without a leap he was before the minotaurs face, already mid swing with his massive blade. Even if the strike was blocked, they would find that his strength had increased exponentially. Likely it would not even be able to stand before the might of his swing as he attempted to slice its face in two.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top