The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Encounter in the museum
Today at 9:48 am by Fort/Sam

» The Witch of Fire and Earth
Today at 6:49 am by Fort/Sam

» I Don't Know Why (Humanity)
Today at 4:49 am by Drifter

» The pillar to Heaven built in Hell
Yesterday at 8:45 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Not like any other hunter. (Thalia.)
Yesterday at 5:46 am by Shadowoof

» Comical clashes
Yesterday at 5:36 am by Charlatan

» Written in the Stars [Dubloon]
Yesterday at 3:42 am by Dubloon

» Dire Straights (Row)
Yesterday at 1:50 am by Bliss

» The tortures of the damned
Yesterday at 12:36 am by Adam Johnson

» Character Outfits
February 15th 2018, 10:27 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Asha's Inferno [Seraph/Superboss]
February 15th 2018, 10:00 pm by Zonky Blong

» "This used to be a funhouse..." (The Zonky)
February 15th 2018, 9:45 pm by Zonky Blong

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2018 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Encounter in the museum

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Encounter in the museum

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 5th 2018, 5:08 pm

yay plane snacks Jeannie smiles happily thinking about what they might have

Jeanne's mommy smiled happily about Matilda comments oh yes it's nice seeing the kids smile and what they come up with. so your an archeologist then?

Jeannie Rose

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 6th 2018, 2:22 pm

“A professor in Archaeology, actually,” Matilda told Miss Rose. “My duties for the university back at home consist of teaching, overseeing the occasional dig on behalf of the faculty, and make sure to publish something at least once a year. The first and last, I enjoy as I see both as opportunities to charge my knowledge with the rest of the world. The middle one however… Let’s just say that is has more to do with efficient management than actual archaeology. I won’t go as far as to say I’m lucky if I get to touch something, but it’s not too far off.”

She chuckled. During her last dig for the university it had been a close one or she wouldn’t have been able to see, let alone touch that cracked vase they had found. An overeager student had already began preparing it for transport by the time she’d been informed. It would have been an embarrassing situation if that had really happened.

“I prefer smaller expeditions or even venturing out on my own. it’s not so much the rules, but the fact that I want to use my hand, if you catch my drift. I really want to uncover the past myself, not just have my name written on a plate in a museum just because I happened to be in charge. Don’t get me wrong, I’m proud if I see my name mentioned there, but only if I actually did something.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Female
Number of posts : 821
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 6th 2018, 8:51 pm

jeannie gets excited hearing about archeology stuffhuh think we might find a dinosaur or a mummy maybe a mummy dinosaur!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Female
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 7th 2018, 2:29 pm

Matilda frowned. The mummy she could understand, they often showed up during a first conversation that involved her job. The dinosaur was something she had trouble placing as it had nothing to do with archaeology. Maybe Jeannie just mentioned it because she’d see a replica today.

“A dinosaur? No, I don’t think so. Besides, I’m an archaeologist, not a palaeontologist. I study human history, not extinct animals. And I’ve never found the remains of one, either. Remains of dinosaurs are usually found a bit deeper than human remains.  And to have a dinosaur mummy, it would have to be mummified first. I, nor anyone else, has ever found any trace of Ancient Egyptians living together with dinosaurs. The same goes for any other culture where they’ve mummified the remains of the dead. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is no.”

Matilda took a nip from her drink before she continued.

“The closest thing they had to dinosaurs in Ancient Egypt were crocodiles. They were considered sacred animals. And yes, they’ve mummified those. Though I must confess I’ve never actually seen one.”

She drank what was left in her glass, all this talking had made her thirsty.

“What we’re looking for is the wreckage of a Spanish galleon. It has nothing to do with mummies or dinosaurs. However, they have a nice collection over at the museum. I’m sure if you’d ask Benjamin, he’d show them to you. But I don’t think you’ll get to touch them. No one has in the last decades.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 7th 2018, 8:34 pm

darn that sounded neat,no dino mummy. huh, ok me ask mister ben about that. that's like a boat right? maybe we'll find pirate treasure then

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 8th 2018, 2:46 pm

Matilda sat back in her chair.

“Yes, it’s a type of ship. A large, heavily arms sailing-ship that was used from the sixteenth till the eighteenth century to be precise. While I once saw a well-preserved copy of the ship’s cargo manifest from it’s last voyage, I don’t recall anything relate to a treasure. Remember, the she had just left Spain shortly before it disappeared with the intention to return to Atlantis. There was no need for them to take anything valuable with them. Not the kind you’re talking about, anyway.  They could have attacked an enemy vessel along the way and stole whatever valuable they had, but that’s sheer speculation. Anyway, they intended to make their fortune with what they found in Atlantis. That’s the real treasure here: the object that will take us to Atlantis and its secrets.”

She looked at her watch. It was getting late. Maybe Jeannie didn’t want to go to bed yet (given what would happen tomorrow, she couldn’t blame her), but that didn’t mean it was a good idea to keep her from doing so.

“But I think I’ve talked enough for one evening.”
She stood up. “Miss Rose, Mister Rose, thank you for the dinner, but I’m afraid I’ve got to go. I have a long day ahead of me.” She looked at Jeannie. “And you too, Jeannie.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 8th 2018, 9:24 pm

yay Atlantis! that is really real! jeannie was excited she saw movies and read books about Atlantis. seeing it would be super cool

your welcome thank you for giving such a lovely opportunity
yup oh if you find in thing amusing the museum isn't interested in let me know stuff from Atlantis could be amusing to mess around with

oww your leaving i thought we'd have a slumber party

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 9th 2018, 3:30 pm

Matilda sighted. Jeannie had brought this up before. And she still felt herself too old to have one. It was nothing personal, it was just a difference in preferences due to a decade or two of life experience that set them apart. And her own past experiences related to the subject.

“If you’re parents don’t mind, I’m willing to stay for the night. But a slumber party is not my thing,” she told Jeannie before looking at the girl’s parents, hoping she’d get some help from them in the matter.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 9th 2018, 8:58 pm

yay can she stay Jeannie looks at her parents with big puppy dog eyes

well that would make sure you get up in time to go or miss stark can stick you in a bag before she goes
jeannie and her daddy laugh at his joke about her sleeping habits it was true though punctuality wasn't one of the things she was good at.

that be good if you can take Jeannie in then she gets lost easily to, so that way we don't have to worry if she gets where your going

yeah and you'll like breakfast teddy bear chief makes yummy pancakes

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 10th 2018, 10:48 am

Matilda wasn’t certain if she preferred pancakes for breakfast. She normally preferred something substantial. It might be an old-fashioned concept in today’s world, but she considered breakfast to be the most important meal of the day. Something she’d make sure her children knew too. Apparently, she’d need to teach one more child about the importance to start the day with a healthy meal.

She had to admit what Mister Rose said was true, if she stayed she’d be able to make sure Jeannie got up on time too. They wouldn’t be able to afford any delay tomorrow morning. If staying for the night was the price she’d have to pay for it, so be it. It was a small sacrifice from her part.

“Alright then, I’ll stay. But you better get to bed right away. It’s going to be a busy day tomorrow. And the days after too.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 10th 2018, 9:20 pm

oww ok, I guess we should go to bed then,
adventure time!

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 11th 2018, 7:25 am

“Yes, you should. In fact, we both should,” Matilda replied. She wasn’t feeling tired, but she figured it was the fastest way to get Jeannie to bed for tomorrow. “On the same subject, where do I sleep?”

She was perfectly aware how silly she sounded right now. Any place this size should have at least half a dozen bedrooms and, if her own place was any indication, at least one of them would we a guest room that was kept in perfect order so it could be used at any given moment.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 11th 2018, 8:27 pm

oh yeah you don't know where stuff is Jeannie grabs bell on the table and rings it, one of the teddy bear butlers pops up.

show miss Matilda to a guest one, and help her get settled in the bear nods and motions for Matilda to follow it.

ok see you tomorrow than Jeannie wave goodbye and skips of to her room.

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 12th 2018, 2:25 pm

Matilde bid Jeannie and her parents goodnight before she followed the teddy bear butler to her room. She didn’t think she’d ever get accustomed to these fluffy servants who took care of the household around here. Jeannie might like them, but she preferred a butler of flesh and blood over this artificial construct. At least she assumed it was a machine, she hadn’t caught it breathing so it being a machine seemed a logical choice.

In almost utter silence, the bear didn’t seem the respond on anything she said, they reached their destination: a room located in what had to be the east wing. Contrary to her guest room back at home, this one was lavishly furnished. Against the west wall, facing a series of windows, stood a large, old-fashioned canopy bed with a set of night tables; an equally antique dressing table with a large, round mirror and a chair stood next to the door. Next to it stood a large wardrobe that seemed oddly out of place because it was from a different time period. The other wall was decorated by a large landscape painting and a long-case clock that couldn’t be much over a century old.  In every corner of the room stood a large plant. The red wall-to-wall carpet that covered the floor tickled to her feet.

Matilda walked to the bed where she found a white nightgown and matching peignoir. Had it been put her specially for her, or did they have a guest-room strictly for women? Matilda couldn’t help but wonder.

She waited for the bear the leave the room in order to change, but the oversized toy did not move. It just stood there next to the door, seemingly waiting for something. She cleared her throat, nothing happened.

“Do you mind getting out!”

For a moment it seemed as if the bear was going to ignore her anyway, then it started moving out of the room. The moment it had left the room, Matilda hurried to the door and locked it behind her. She didn’t want that bear slipping back inside while she was sleeping to do God knew what.

Once her room was secured, she slipped into her new attire. Nightgowns weren’t her thing, but she wasn’t complaining. She made sure to set the alarm clock of her phone before hopping into the bed.

A life of travel and trouble had taught her to sleep where and when she was. A few minutes after turning in, she was already soundly asleep.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 13th 2018, 8:25 pm

so in her room, Jeannie gets ready for bed one of the teddy butlers comes to give her some milk and cookies and sing her a lullaby.

Jeannie's Treasure Box:

Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 15th 2018, 12:11 pm

At the first beep Matilda opened her eyes. At the second beep, she was wide awake. At the third beep, she sat op straight up in bed. Her phone never got the opportunity to beep a fourth time. Matilda only needed a second to get her bearings. A lifetime of falling asleep and waking up all over the world had seen to that.

By touch she found the light switch next to her bed and flipped it over before she slid out of bed. She slipped into her peignoir; figuring if it was there, she might as well make use of it. The clothes she’d borrowed from Jeannie lay on the chair she’d put them on yesterday evening. While comfortable, she preferred her own clothes. Only thing was, she didn’t know where they were. Maybe she ought to ask one of those bears running around here.

She unlocked her door and opened it. To her shock she found the teddy bear butler waiting there for her. It must have followed Jeannie’s instructions to the letter if it had remained her all night long. Now she was twice as relieved she’d chased it out yesterday. If she hadn’t, it would have likely stayed inside all night, watching her sleep. That was just creepy.

“Where can I find my clothes?” she asked the bear. “And where can I take a shower?”

The bear did not reply, it just waved her to follow. Which she did.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top