The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The pillar to Heaven built in Hell
Yesterday at 11:05 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Welcome to the world. (Hope you survive the experience!)
Yesterday at 11:01 pm by Jeannie Rose

» OP Powers
Yesterday at 8:26 pm by Cerek

» Small Town Horrors
Yesterday at 4:34 am by SkepticalStoic

» Character Outfits
May 25th 2018, 10:55 pm by Jeannie Rose

» A normal day in New York.
May 25th 2018, 9:42 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Home at last
May 25th 2018, 2:50 pm by Arrowman

» Reporting for duty!
May 25th 2018, 2:02 pm by Arrowman

» A spark of conflict
May 25th 2018, 7:42 am by Casmaudius

» Shakedown (Woof)
May 25th 2018, 4:39 am by Shadowoof

» Jeannie's super treasure hunt
May 24th 2018, 10:48 pm by Jeannie Rose

» The Witch of Fire and Earth
May 24th 2018, 10:46 pm by Jeannie Rose

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2018 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Encounter in the museum

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Encounter in the museum

Post by Fort/Sam on January 29th 2018, 9:23 am

Being lead by the hand by a person half her age was a new experience to Matilda. Usually she was the one leading others. Mostly to get them out of dangerous situations where standing still meant a certain, usually immediate, death. Though the odds of that happening around here were slim. Maybe Jeannie was just that hungry and she didn’t want her to dawdle on the way to the dining room like she had on the way here. Whatever the reason was, she decided to humour Jeannie and let her have her way.

Once they reached a big, nicely ornamented door and the smell of food became perceptible to everyone, Matilda knew the dining room was just in front of them. She pulled her hand free and straightened her sweater to the best of her abilities in order to make a fine first impression. At least as much as the situation allowed it.

“Right, ready to go,”
she informed Jeannie.

Fort/Sam

Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 29th 2018, 5:52 pm

ok! yay smells yummy! she leads Matilda into the dining room. she waves to her parents hi mommy and daddy the museum lady is here she then hurries to her seat as she was hungry and starts to eat the yummy foods
Jeannie Rose

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Female
Number of posts : 2348
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 30th 2018, 1:46 pm

Matilda hesitated. If she remembered her lessens about etiquette well, she should have made a curtsy to greet Jeannie’s parents. The thing was, she didn’t quite remember on how to do it. Or if it was even appropriate when not wearing a dress. Rather than making a fool out of herself, she gave them a polite nod. It was a universal enough gesture to make her intentions clear. At any rate, if Jeannie’s behaviour was any indication her parents weren’t that preoccupied by the finer rules of ‘civilised warfare’ in the first place.

She took a seat on the vacant chair next to Jeannie and opposite her parents. Much to her relief, she only found a normal set of silver cutlery next to her plate compared to the larger sets of different forks, spoons and knifes she was normally confronted with whenever someone invited her for dinner. Back at home she had a large selection of silver cutlery too. It was normally kept in boxes and was only brought out every now and then when Arthur felt the need to clean them. And complain to no end that it never served a proper use.

The dishes themselves were not what she had expected either. It wasn’t bad, far from it. Jeannie’s mother was clearly a better cook than she’d ever be. It’s just that the choice of dishes wasn’t what she was accustomed to. Whenever she was invited her hosts had always served the most elaborate dishes possible in the hope no one would be able to outperform them. Only for the next person to do it anyway. That kind of behaviour made her wary of accepting such invitations. To find out that Jeannie’s family was nothing like that, was a welcome refreshment indeed.

“You’re sure you’re up to it?” Matilda asked Jeannie during diner. “Missing your mother’s cooking for a few that’s, I mean.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 30th 2018, 6:18 pm

huh, oh darn that's right, but I love mommy's cooking, huh think mommy and daddy can come with us then?
I guess she could make snacks for us to take
Jeannie Rose

Female
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 31st 2018, 1:26 pm

“I doubt Benjamin would approve of that,” Matilda answered truthfully while she played with her fork a bit. “He’s already having the museum pay for the both of us, I doubt he’s going to get away with two more people. The supervisory board would just claim he’s having the museum pay our vacation and cancel the whole trip altogether. And besides, I’m afraid it’s a bit late now too. He’s already going to have enough trouble getting the two of us on a plain by tomorrow morning. I doubt he’d be able to add two more.”

In truth, she doubted it was Benjamin himself who took care of all of these things. More likely it was his secretary who’d be responsible for the whole trip. And she was one who made sure every penny the museum owned was well sent. That would be two tickets economy class, public transport to their hotel, and if they were lucky they’d have a room with two separate beds instead of a single big one.

“I actually thought you’d be happy. Most kids your age are more than happy when they get the change to be away from their parents. Even if only for a couple of days.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 31st 2018, 8:49 pm

huh guess so, ok then I'll just make sure to take lots of pictures to show you guys when I get back, huh have to pack snacks then

well it would be hard to pack food for the whole time your gone, but me and the kitchen bears could make a goodie bag of your favorite treats to send you off with. plus your daddy has a class to teach so he really can't go

oh right, darn why can't I just invent stuff,
that's more fun, but I suppose if I want the university to fund my work got to do something for them now and then.

jeannie giggles amused daddy would be so lost without mommy to keep track of stuff for him
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 1st 2018, 12:05 pm

“What is it actually you teach, sir?” Matilda asked mister Rose. If he was an ‘inventor’ of some sorts, she knew he couldn’t be teaching anything remotely connected to her own domain, but it was always nice to meet a fellow professor. Especially in a place you didn’t expect. It was a welcome change to the teddy bear butler she had encountered earlier. And if miss Rose was to be believed, they had an entire staff of them running around here.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 1st 2018, 9:00 pm

well it's kinda couple things engineering, chemistry, biology guess things that you'd expect a mad scientist to know.

daddy makes stuff and figures out how things work
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 2nd 2018, 2:16 pm

Matilda had to suppress herself not to whistle between her teeth. That was an impressive resume indeed.

“So, you’re a bit of a Renaissance man then. It must be quite a challenge, going between teaching and your inventions.”

She knew from personal experience that the switch between teaching and a more adventurous lifestyle could be a challenge every now and then. Not that teaching wasn’t an adventure on its own, albeit one with less gunshots and explosions. Or without its own rewards. Keeping a class of young people interested for two to three hours in a row was no small feat. There was also the added bonus of being able to shape those who would one day take over from her. Something she was rather proud of.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 2nd 2018, 9:46 pm

huh yes I guess that is one way of putting what I do. yes, teaching can be quite boring sometimes not the kid's fault they love when we get to blow something up.
but the school is so picky on what we can do safety issues and such

they let you make little volcanos though those are fun

the hardest part is getting him to remember to go to the class he gets so excited when inventing something and loss track of time
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 3rd 2018, 9:15 am

“But surely you must get some satisfaction out of it as well? The actual teaching, I mean. You are, after all, teaching the top scientists of tomorrow.”

She could sympathize with him on a part of it, though. Her own university put some restrictions on what she could do with her own students. More precisely where she could take them and just what she could tell them. While they saw nothing wrong with one of their staff members venturing to areas labelled as dangerous by most definitions, she was not allowed to take any of her students with her. Not even those who specifically asked for it.

That she could not order them to go to dangerous places, she understood perfectly. She would never expose someone deliberately to danger simply to further her own goals. But she didn’t understand why she couldn’t take those willing, and capable, with her. As far as she was concerned, that was a vital part of their education too. Not everything an archaeologist did could be done from the comfort and safety of a library. Sometimes they had to go out into the field and get their hands dirty.

The other part the dean had forbidden her to do was telling her students about her ‘wild escapades’ so not to fill their heads with tales about fortune and glory. While she had kept her end of the bargain, it hadn’t prevented word about it getting out. Largely thanks to the internet and a few sensation journalists, just about everyone knew what she did while away from the campus.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 3rd 2018, 9:07 pm

yes it is nice to help them out, kids have some amusing bright ideas
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 4th 2018, 5:58 am

Matilda nodded. “True indeed.”

Her phone in the sweater’s pocket buzzed, indicating an incoming message.

“Excuse me,” she said while she pulled her phone out. The message was from Benjamin, confirming their flight information and the hotel they’d be staying in. She forwarded the information to Adam so he could have her belongings sent over. With any luck they’d arrive the same day they did.

“It’s from Benjamin,” she stated. “Our flight leaves to tomorrow at six from Heathrow. We’re expected at least an hour and a half in advance. Benjamin said he’d be there too for some last-minute information.”

She finished the rest of her dinner before she turned her attention to Jeannie’s mother. “And what about you, Miss Rose?”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 4th 2018, 7:46 pm

tell grandpa to bring some of his yummy pie and hot chocolate with him that be a good going away snack

oh I'm an art teacher, nothing as fancy as you or my husbands teaching mostly finger painting and macaroni art.

but you never know one of them could grow up to be the next Picasso.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on February 5th 2018, 2:37 pm

“You can have some on the plane,” Matilda told Jeannie.

If she was lucky anyway. Chocolate milk might be served in economy class, naturally coming from a carton and only served at room temperature. The pie Jeannie could better forget. The only time Matilda had ever been served pasty, was on a trip from New York to Cairo and had so bad the only use for it she could think of had been pest control. And it might have been too bad even for that. Not that she was going to tell Jeannie about it. She’d let her figure it out on her own. Building character, her mother would call it.

“Come now, you’re being too hard on yourself. Helping others to express their creativity is always an admirable occupation. And some of the things we have on display in museums are basically their period’s macaroni art or finger paintings. In fact, one of my first finds was nothing more than that. We think the painter was just experimenting with a new type of paint as we found more of such artistic experiments in the same area.”

She had also found the remains of a dead cat with it, but she rarely mentioned that part of her find. Not that she was ashamed about it, in fact it told her a lot of the people who had lived there. A dead cat was just some kind of a conversation killer. Especially in higher circles.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on February 5th 2018, 5:08 pm

yay plane snacks Jeannie smiles happily thinking about what they might have

Jeanne's mommy smiled happily about Matilda comments oh yes it's nice seeing the kids smile and what they come up with. so your an archeologist then?
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum