The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Encounter in the museum
Yesterday at 9:39 pm by Jeannie Rose

» The Witch of Fire and Earth
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Sympathy for the devil
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by Alpha

» Elena Vexus’ 9th Advancement
Yesterday at 5:08 pm by Elena Vexus

» Not like any other hunter. (Thalia.)
Yesterday at 3:29 pm by Shadowoof

» Shakedown (Woof)
Yesterday at 3:28 pm by Shadowoof

» Good Knight, Jack [KNIGHTFALL]
Yesterday at 3:23 pm by Knightfall

» Bliss Saves Christmas. And Other People Help (Closed)
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by The Swolefather

» The Lament of London [CLOSED]
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by The Swolefather

» An Interesting World (Samual Grayson, Night Walker, Witchcraft and Nolan Darner)
Yesterday at 4:08 am by Nate6595

» Character Outfits
January 15th 2018, 2:36 am by Jeannie Rose

» A light within the heart of darkness
January 14th 2018, 10:17 pm by Red

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Encounter in the museum

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Encounter in the museum

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 6th 2018, 9:42 pm

jeannie wonders about looking at more stuff. huh I just thought of somthing she goes to the office and knocks on the doorhey mister grandpa guy I was wondering where you get the yummy pie? like can I buy it somewhere or is there a recipe I can give mommy so she could make me some.

Jeannie Rose

Number of posts : 1980
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 7th 2018, 7:00 am

Upon Matilda’s request, Benjamin turn his computer screen ninety degrees so she had a clear view. He strummed on his keyboard and a map of North-West Africa appeared in the screen. There was a small red dot visible in the top left corner of the screen in a large, blue area. Judging by the scale, was inclined to estimate it was five miles out in the sea.

“This is the town of Sidi Ifni in southern Morocco,” Benjamin started when he pointed to a coastal town on the map. “That’s where Doctor Yvette Lefranc currently resides. She’s the one who discovered the location of the wreckage, about four miles away from the coast.”

Matilda nodded. So that’s why no one had ever been able to find the wreckage until now. Everyone had always believed De La Loma had set sail straight for the new world, but his course had taken him more to the south. But why? He was a conquistador. According to the few sources they had, he had made his discovery in the new world. What could have compelled him to go south.

“Has she been on board already?” Matilda asked.

Before Benjamin could answer, someone knocked on the door and stuck her head inside. Matilda froze. Had this girl overheard their conversation again?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Female
Number of posts : 733
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 7th 2018, 8:22 pm

hello again! so what about it Mr. grandpa whats the secret to yummy pie? she then saw the map so is that where the thingy is? oopsy daisy, I should pretend I didn't see that right.don't worry me keep secret Jeannie covers her eyes and comically tries to find the door walking into a closet. luckly I'm terrible with maps so i don't know where that even is, why does this hallway smell like old socks?
Jeannie Rose

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Female
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 8th 2018, 3:22 pm

Matilda’s first reaction had been to jump in front of the screen so Jeannie couldn’t see anything, but when Jeannie closed her eyes and walked into a closet, she wasn’t sure what to do anymore. Or think. Was this girl really such an airhead, or was she just pretending to be one to avoid suspicion? If she was attempting the later, she wasn’t going a very good job by drawing so much attention to herself. But is she really was the dimwit she was pretending to be, would their secret still be safe with her? Even with the whole secret thing she could just flap it out in front of a group of strangers. They’d have to find a better way to make sure she didn’t talk.

She looked back at Benjamin. He had already hidden the map and gave her a sad look. “I keep my spare shoes in there,” he declared.

“Right,” Matilda sighted and walked towards the closet. “You can come out now,”  she told Jeannie while wondering if there was different way to keep her quiet. Apart from sticking her in a crate in the seller, that was.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 8th 2018, 7:51 pm

ok Jeannie finds her way out wrong door, huh oh yeah you forgot to tell me when to come for the special tour you guys promised, want my number so you can call me when it's time
Jeannie Rose

Female
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 9th 2018, 1:26 pm

“Oh that, you can come whenever you want. If the museum’s open, I’m usually in,” Benjamin explained her. “And as to your earlier question, I don’t know. I had it brought over from the canteen. I’ll make sure to ask them if the can give the recipe.” He took a pen and wrote it down on a piece of paper that was still lying on his desk, giving the impression he’d be true to his word.

“But before you gone, one more thing? What do you thank about going to Morocco for a couple of days?”

Matilda thought she was going to have a stroke. Surely, he couldn’t expect her to take this girl with her on such an important assignment? She wanted to ‘pet’ dinosaur replica’s, liked eating sweets, seemed to treat the world around her as if it was all one big game, and managed to get lost in an office! Not exactly the type of person she usually took with her when she went out. On the other hand, Dave was pretty useless in the field too. He was fine as long as he could organize things from behind a desk, but take him away from it and he was next to useless. Taking him or Jeannie along wouldn’t make that much of a difference. But Dave was, by all accounts, and adult whereas Jeannie was basically a big child. Taking her along meant she was responsible.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 9th 2018, 8:56 pm

oh ok then. jeannie smiles happily that she'll get the pie secrets oh did I win a prize vacation or something? yay, that sounds fun I have never been to that place before.

have to tell mommy and daddy, do they need to sign a permission slip thing?
jeannie bounces around excited she didn't know you could win vacations at museums.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 10th 2018, 1:33 pm

While Jeannie bounced up and down, she reminded Matilda of her own children whenever they were excited about something. At which point she would usually step in and tell them to behave. Somehow if felt strange if she would give Jeannie the same treatment. She wasn’t her daughter, and looked old enough to know how to behave already. But didn’t seem to. Another proof that age and maturity needn’t go hand in hand.

She left Jeannie for what she was, and bended closer to Benjamin.

“You’re not expecting me to take her with me, are you?” she whispered.

“Why not? She could use the experience. And you don’t have to take her with you when you go diving for the ship. Leave her on the beach or something. If it’s money you’re worried about, the museum will pay for all expenses.”

Matilda frowned. By the sound if it Benjamin was thinking it would be some sort of summer vacation you’d take the rest of the family with. If they were lucky, it would be. If they were lucky. But so far luck hadn’t exactly worked in her favour when it came to avoiding trouble. For some reason wherever she came, she seemed to attract it like a flame did to moths. That it wouldn’t happen now, was too much to hope for.

“It’s not the money that worries me. What if I’m not the only interested party?”

“If we move fast, we could avoid that. And you’ll have another pair of hand to help you.”
Benjamin sat back in his chair, looking at Jeannie. “No, that will not be necessary. But it might be better if we call your parents back in for a moment.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 10th 2018, 8:41 pm

ok! I can't wait to tell them I won a vacation! how fun!
jeannie waits for her parents to come back
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 11th 2018, 12:53 pm

While they waited for Jeannie’s parents to return – Benjamin had sent his secretary the task of finding the again – Matilda took advantage of the few quiet minutes to phone home to let Adam know what she was up to. She’d have rather told him in person, but with so much to do she didn’t know if she’d still make it back home. Edinburgh was, after all, a good seven-hour drive. Not something she wanted to do twice on the same day. She’d just have to look for a hotel room for the night and ask Adam to send the most necessary items to her hotel in Morocco.

“Hello, Honey, what’s up?” Adam greeted her.

“Adam, something’s come up. I won’t be coming home today, and I’ll be away for a couple of days. Three, maybe four nights,” she told him. She didn’t give him a full explanation, it would take too long. If he wanted to know, she could tell him every detail she knew when she got back.

It was quiet for a moment before Adam answered. “I understand. Is there something I can do for you? Prepare the usual, perhaps?”

She smiled. It was as if he had read her mind. “If you could. I’ll send the address later today.”

“Okay, I’ll make sure it gets there.”

“Thanks. You’ll give the children my regards, won’t you?

“I will, don’t worry. And take care.”

“Thanks, I shall. Bye, love.”

She put her phone away. And just in time too, Benjamin’s secretary came back in with the announcement she had found Jeannie’s parents.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 11th 2018, 11:25 pm

mommy daddy gusses what i won a vaction! she bounces around excited

mommy"oh that's nice dear"
daddy"interesting didn't know they gave those away here.
well that's good"
yup I'm going too um what was it again Mr.
grandpa, it was a big word
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 12th 2018, 12:08 pm

“We’re going to Sidi Ifni. It’s a coastal town in southern Morocco,” Matilda answered before Benjamin had the chance to. Time was running short, they had to start moving.

“Lady Stark here will be accompanying her,” Benjamin clarified. “She knows the local languages and customs. Your daughter will be in excellent hands.”

She wondered what Jeannie’s parents would have to say about this. She wouldn’t just be going to a faraway place, but she’d do it in the company of a complete stranger too. If her own children would came up with it, she’d ground them till they were thirty. For the very least. She wondered what Benjamin would do if her parents were of the same mind. Hopefully he wouldn’t send the entire family with her over to Morocco.

On the other hand, if her parents came along they’d be able to keep an eye on Jeannie while Matilda did what she had to do. It would be a real vacation. To them anyway.

“The museum will, naturally, reimburse all costs made on place as well,” Benjamin added, as a last master-stroke to pull Jeannie’s parents over the edge. Money was always a great motivator to get people moving. “But we need to make a decision soon. Preferably we’d already have them leave tomorrow.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 12th 2018, 9:24 pm

morocoo sounds fun!
Mommy: well if they are sending someone to keep eye on you, it should be fine
daddy: and you guys paying for it is great, got to warn you she eats a lot so expect large restaurant bills
mommy:oh and keep a close eye on her in area's with lots of shiny things,stuff that might seem interesting, Jeannie is easily distracted. so be a good girl for miss stark and you can go ok?

ok i promises to be really good! and I'll find some neat gifts to bring you guys back, huh wonder what gifts moomooco gift shops have.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 13th 2018, 8:16 am

That went remarkably easy. Matilda had expected Jeannie’s parents to put up more resistance. Apparently, they saw no trouble in the fact that their daughter would travel to a distant country in the presence of a stranger. Her own children shouldn’t think they’d get away with it that easily.

“I’ll promise I take care of her,” she reassured Jeannie’s parents. As far as she was concerned a promise from one parent to another concerning the safety of their child was a solemn one and should never be broken.

“Splendid, it’s good so see everything is working out so well,” Benjamin cheerfully announced. “Now, I believe that will be all for the time being. We will contact you later today to with the time of your departure and arrange for transport to take you to the airport. I best let you going than, so you can start packing.”

It seemed Jeannie would accompany her for certain now. That meant she’d have to give her a briefing about what it was they were after. She had always been honest with her own children, and saw no need to change that now. Besides, she couldn’t leave Jeannie in the dark. Not when she’d become part of the team. In her experience not fully trusting your team members always resulted into trouble.  She wouldn’t give her the full story, that would take too long. But enough for her to understand the gravity of the situation.

“Actually, I’d like to have a moment with Jeannie before she left,” Matilda said. “She’ll need to know what it is we’re after.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on January 13th 2018, 6:38 pm

they get ready to go
after? I thought we were going on vacation? jeannie was confused
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on January 14th 2018, 6:52 am

Matilda took deep breath. “There is that, but there’s more.,” she started.

She gave a nod to Benjamin who pressed a few keys on his keyboard. The desktop faded and made room for two old pictures. The left one showed an old Spanish galleon with the statue of a reared-up unicorn attached to the front of the ship. The right one was the portrait of a noble looking Spaniard. Matilda knew the portrait wasn’t a realistic one. According to many sources De La Loma had a crooked nose, the result of a childhood accident, and by the time the portrait was made, he had already lost his left eye to pirates. But then, when had these portraits ever been an accurate reproduction of reality? She had a collection of busts back at home of ‘famous’ ancestors who had looked nothing like their busts. She dared say the might not even recognize their own image if confronted with it. But this was neither this nor that.

“This,” she started when she tapped the image of the portrait, “is Alejandro De La Loma. A Spanish noble and conquistador from the late sixteenth century. And this,” she tapped the galleon, "was his ship, El Unicornio, the unicorn.”

“Like so many of his countrymen, De La Loma was attracted to the riches found in the New World. But where as his fellow conquistadors were mostly interested in acquiring gold and fame, our friend here had a much higher goal: he attended to achieve immortality.”

“What caused him to become obsessed with it is unknown, but most assume it had something to do with him losing his sister whom he loved very much at a young age,” Benjamin added. “He himself has burned most of his family chronicles from that time in a fit of anger, so we can’t be certain.”

“Anyway, we know that in order to achieve this, he tried to find the Fountain of Youth which he believed was located in the New World,” Matilda continued. “There’s plenty of sources that indicate had had disregarded orders to pursue a clue. All in vain. Eventually he turned his back on his fellow conquistadors completely to peruse his own goals. What happened to him the next three years, we don’t know. But than he unexpectedly showed up in Spain again, looking like a man half his age. He even had his missing eye back. Or so the stories go.”

“Which you can’t see here, because the artist has taken some liberties,” Benjamin added, referring to the portrait. He was beginning to sound exited.

Matilda on the other hand remained as calm as ever. “When asked what had happened, De La Loma claimed to have found his Fountain of Youth in Atlantis with the help of some strange map and a mysterious stone. Nothing is known about the map, but we know the stone was kept in a locker De La Loma always carried with him. We know he had it with him when we set sail again to Atlantis. And that’s the last we ever heard from him.”

“Until today!” Benjamin exclaimed. “The wreckage of his ship has finally been found!”

“And we intend to go there to get that map and stone before anyone else can,” Matilda concluded. “So you can see, it won’t be an ordinary vacation.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top