The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Electric Patrol
Today at 9:22 pm by skullheadsoldiers

» New Hero on the Block
Today at 8:29 pm by skullheadsoldiers

» We need a vacation
Today at 7:36 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Legends (Alpha)
Today at 6:12 pm by Red

» First encounter with the devil(roleplay)
Today at 6:03 pm by Apeking4

» The nine circles
Today at 3:47 pm by Samael Christensen

» Numb [Sam]
Today at 12:40 pm by Fort/Sam

» ZUKIN DRIVER!
Today at 10:58 am by Shadowoof

» The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF)
Today at 10:49 am by Shadowoof

» Tesla (Jeremiah) Hero Application
Today at 3:58 am by Dubloon

» Jeannie and Dire: The Christmas Special! [Issue #4]
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by Jeannie Rose

» A Sushi Place in Beachside L.A.
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by The Nekromonga

Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

A Sushi Place in Beachside L.A.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY A Sushi Place in Beachside L.A.

Post by The Nekromonga on September 30th 2017, 7:48 am

In a city of metahuman gangs, supervillains, alien invasions, robot uprisings and magic, and many other forms of superpowered insanity, there are also many places where normal life tries to eke out a living. The Little Tokyo district is infamously run by the Yakuza, but on the surface at least, things are orderly.

On a side street near the central business district is one such little shop among many, no more than 5 meters wide and about the same deep. It had only about 4 tables, and a bar that divided the diners from the kitchen area. The entrance was a traditional sliding paper door, while the sign a carved wooden board. At the moment it was empty, save for the owner who was preparing tonight's horse radish.

The interior was clean and clean white wood was the material of choice. A single screen was playing the news, going on about the usual issues- climate change, the president, and metahuman violence.

DING A LING*

The older, Japanese looking man with a graying beard would greet any comers. "Ayyy. Welcome to the Sushi shack. Take a seat. So what'll it be?"  He says with a tired american accent, and hands the new arrival a menu containing all the usual Japanese fare. "Hey, we got a new house special today- Ikizukuri. Live fish sashimi. All the white kids love to creep their friends out with it."
The Nekromonga

Quote : I did not choose to be a bear, but I choose to be happy.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 2065
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: A Sushi Place in Beachside L.A.

Post by Danny The Sphinx on December 8th 2017, 2:54 am

Danny walked in past the buzz of static waves buzzing from the television. She opened the door for herself, pushing it just enough to all allow a man to follow her in. White complected with wavy brown hair, he stood a few inches above six foot with a box jaw line covered in a light beard. Behind him walked another man with darker skin, but just as tall, if not a little more lean. Tonight Danny double dated with the half sister of Bliss she regularly did not hang out with- Mitsuko.

Even though Mitsuko's specialty resided in fashion, Danny forwent her advice and sensibilities and just kept it casual with jean shorts and a Stanford jacket. The climate of the subtropical Los Angeles did her a favor in picking shorts in December.

Mitsuko walked past the little man, smiling at the invitation for Ikizukuri. The click from the heel of her boot echoed on the wooden floor as she almost glided across to her table in a short, green, pleated skirt with a graphic black and white shirt with an anime panda adorned on it. She took the seat across from Danny and next to her date for the evening, accepting her seat to be pushed in by the much taller man.

Danny took her own seat and placed her elbow on the table, resting her chin on a perch to look down the table. "I guess we need to watch out for Ben ordering any Izikukuri."

"I don't think that's what the guy said, Danny." The man next to Mitsuko laughed as he attempted to remember the exact wording the man came up with, before glancing over to the more culturally knowledgeable Mitsuko.

"Ikizukuri." Mitsuko looked around for her hands to try and find something to fidget with, before just laughing in unison with the man next to her. "Don't worry Isiah, it goes down smooth."

Danny smirked in compliance as she looked down to the man at the front of the restaurant, not knowing if she needed to bark out her order, or merely wait for someone.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danny The Sphinx

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga on December 8th 2017, 9:02 am

"Hehey, welcome, two beautiful couples. Always welcome in this old place." The Oji-San accommodated the young customers and hear them talk back and forth about the dish he offered.

"Okay, two Ikuzukuri it is." He said, then shouted to the kitchen. "Advance call for two Ikuzukuri specials!

He then turns back to them. "Will there be anything else? ah, drinks? ramen? some gyoza?"

"Hai, hai, Two specials, got it." From the kitchen came a familiar voice. Female, tired and weary, belonging to someone who had a deep association with katanas, cyber samurai armor and other Japanese things. However, these days, Diana was wearing an apron, a hat, and using a big heavy cleaver.

While Oji-San took their other orders, Diana went to work. with expert hands, a sharp blade, and a sharper eye for anatomy she scoops up some live fish from the kitchen tank and lays them out on the chopping board. The fish flop about in her grip, trying to escape their fate, but Diana needed that $13.50 an hour.

Without missing a beat Diana descales and guts the creatures and turns their bodies into slices of sashimi, the chopping board making loud thuds as the cleaver struck the wood. Diana artfully prepares two wooden trays with shaved ice, some red ginger and a small pinch of wasabi. Throughout the process the fish is still gasping, though likely no longer alive, and by the time it reached their tables, the fish seemed like it was trying to breathe, and made eye contact with Danny. If Seagirl was here, she'd probably make out the fish trying to say, '...what did I do to deserve this...'

"Two orders of Ikuzukuri, and I'll follow the rest of your order. Well, enjoy your meal." The old man says, cheerfully serving the gruesome meal.
The Nekromonga

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx on December 9th 2017, 12:07 am

The quartet shuffled through idle talk like a dealer breaking in a new deck. The two girls met their dates for the evening at a Clipper's game after Mitsuko met with an up and coming fashionista whom wanted to talk about a partnership with the young designer. The business talk did not go well due to the fashion industry being one or two steps above nineteenth century slavery- the realization which almost broke Mitsuko, but Danny did manage to get her a hot dog in time to lift her spirits.

"This looks good." Isaac put a napkin in his lap as he shuffled his fingers.

"If you say so boss." Ben did not share his friend's enthusiasm, but still felt intrigued enough to poke the fish. "What do you think?"

Mitsuko leaned forward, looking he fish in the eye. "The blade work is very well done. Should go down very smooth."

"I'm digging in." A pair of invasive chop sticks crossed the table. "First to eat is lucky or something like that."

"I'm not sure that's how it works." Mitsuko broke her chop sticks apart and poked at the rice.

Both of their dates followed through in motion, partaking in the oddly delectable dish.

As the four continued to keep their conversation empty, the common room did not remain so. Three girls sporting very colorful, but painfully cheap, outfits strode into the restaurant. Their outfits consisted of skirts with tights, the top covered up by sweatshirts, each in pink, light blue, and yellow respective to each girl.

Danny looked over to Mitsuko with an eager look. "Do you think they're following in our footsteps."

Mitsuko covered her mouth with her hand to hide the food while she spoke. "No, I think they're trying to be superheroes."

Danny looked crossly at Mitsuko. "I'm chalking that one up to translation. I think I'm going to go talk to them. Who knows, maybe they need a little guidance."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Danny The Sphinx

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga on December 9th 2017, 7:34 pm

Since it was a small, personal place, Oji-san greeted each of his customers and asked them for feedback on the food. He approached Danny's double date table, hands clasped and a sincere smile. "How do you find the meal? If you need anything just ask."

The little bell rang again announcing new arrivals. The small restaurant was very quickly filled up. The old restaurant owner went to welcome them after conversing with Danny and company.

"Hello welcome to the sushi shack. Well... those are... interesting wardrobe choices. What can I get you three ladies?" He asked, helping them to the only other table in the whole place.

While the dishwasher washed up, Diana sat around and brought out her phone to watch some vids. She was just about to browse when the restaurant door bell rang, signalling more customers. She went back to her station to get ready.
The Nekromonga

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx Yesterday at 5:21 am

"We'll take the spicy tuna, and- you guys wanna share a California roll?" The girl in pink looked to the others with a pair of light blue eyes that betrayed the origins of her Korean ancestry.

"I'm just going to pick around at it to be honest." The blonde in the light blue outfit sat the menu on the table, looking over to the darker skinned girl in the yellow outfit.

"Yeah, I have no idea what this stuff is, so you go ahead and be our international savant, Heather."

"Well in that case, tack on a spicy shrimp tempura for the newbies." Heather folded the menu and handed it back to the man. "Alright, Karen, Stacey. We did well tonight, but I think we can work on a few-"

"Hey! Couldn't help but overhear something about stopping evil." Danny slid in between Heather and Karen, pushing the blonde over.

"Oh yeah?" A small glow began to form around Heather's cheeks. "I wouldn't say we're really doing any important, but we're getting started."

"You look familiar." Karen moved back to her original point of origin as she tried to look to Danny's face.

"Hey, yeah. Are you Danny Tamamoa?" From across the table, Stacey tried to get a better look at Danny.

"The Sphinx?" A furrowed brow sat atop Heather's eyes as she tried to grasp the answer.

"No, the cheerleader." An open palm embraced Stacey's chin.

"Yes to both of you actually." Danny smiled as she embraced her hands in front of her chest. "Danny the Sphinx at your service. Is there anything you want to know about the superhero situation?"

"Yeah." Heather moved her head forward. "Why are you the Sphinx? Don't you make constructs?"

"The name isn't important. It really isn't." Danny shook her head. "I really don't know what made me go for that name."

Danny The Sphinx

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga Yesterday at 7:34 pm

The service bell rang, and the video feed in the kitchen replayed the girl's order. Due to having a legal disability Diana couldn't take written orders. "Spicy tuna, spicy shrimp tempura. Okay." She repeated to herself.

Diana's sensitive hearing picked up the conversation outside the kitchen, over the sizzle of breaded shrimp being deep fried. Once she set the timer on the automated frier she went to the sushi table to work on the rolls.

"Danny's the sphinx because she's hard to figure out; she ain't no basic bitch." Diana chimed in on the conversation, while she was making those spicy rolls on the cold prep table. "Ohai Danny." She added, managing a brief smile amidst all her pent up angst. Seems the internet has rubbed off on the Ronin.
The Nekromonga

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top