The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Outfits
Today at 12:38 am by Jeannie Rose

» Encounter in the museum
Yesterday at 9:39 pm by Jeannie Rose

» The Witch of Fire and Earth
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Sympathy for the devil
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by Alpha

» Elena Vexus’ 9th Advancement
Yesterday at 5:08 pm by Elena Vexus

» Not like any other hunter. (Thalia.)
Yesterday at 3:29 pm by Shadowoof

» Shakedown (Woof)
Yesterday at 3:28 pm by Shadowoof

» Good Knight, Jack [KNIGHTFALL]
Yesterday at 3:23 pm by Knightfall

» Bliss Saves Christmas. And Other People Help (Closed)
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by The Swolefather

» The Lament of London [CLOSED]
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by The Swolefather

» An Interesting World (Samual Grayson, Night Walker, Witchcraft and Nolan Darner)
Yesterday at 4:08 am by Nate6595

» A light within the heart of darkness
January 14th 2018, 10:17 pm by Red

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Numb [Sam]

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Numb [Sam]

Post by Fort/Sam on December 26th 2017, 3:13 pm

Sam shrugged. If Dire didn’t want to tell her, so be it. She’d find out eventually when he took her there. Though she doubted to place could be as dangerous as Dire made it seem to be. One doesn’t simply go to the most dangerous places in the world to get mundane items like a pencil and paper. He was probably just trying to share her in the hope she’d go back on their deal. If so, he might as well save himself the effort. She had every intend to see this through to the end.

She allowed to let Dire take her to their next destination and when the arrived, she immediately recognized the area. This was where the attack had taken place! If this was where this kid lived, had had been hiding under their very noses the whole time! It also meant he had placed a bomb inside his own neighbourhood. Not only endangering the lives of strangers, but of the very people he grew up with too. How could someone do this?

“Aren’t all scout groups mixed gender by now?” Sam commented before she used her X-ray vision to have a peak inside. She found the first resident inside a living room had looked like it hasn’t been cleaned in ages. It was a middle-aged man, terribly out of shape who hung in front of his television. The empty beer cans laying around him made it seem unlikely he’d get up and open the door for them. Or being able to do anything else, for that matter.

She moved her gaze to the next room. The kitchen wasn’t such a mess, but couldn’t be considered clean either. Not with a pile of dirty pots and on the sink. The garage that was incorporated in the house was more of a junk-yard than anything else. They’d be hard-pressed getting a care inside there. Or maybe they simply didn’t have a car, this was the only house in the street without a car parked in front of it. She continued with the next floor.
The first room she checked, was the bathroom; Quickly she turned her X-rays vision off and didn’t turn it back on until she was certain she was investigating a different room.

“Bingo,” she mumbled.

The kid was in, he was just laying on his bed, staring at the sealing. If what he had done yesterday had gotten to him, he was sure hiding it well.

“Over there,” she told Dire while pointing at the bedroom window.

Fort/Sam

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 26th 2017, 4:39 pm

Dire held up a finger, "Good point, but Girl Scouts has a better ring to it. Let's be honest, any preteen boy would LOVE to be in a room full of girls."

He saw Sam doing her work with the X-Ray vision and felt a little jealousy.
His job of being a mercenary would be so much easier if devices like that were just... Built into his eyes.
"Let's go to the roof. I'll swing in through the window, and you wait there. I have a feeling he's going to try and escape through the maintenance stairs on the top of the building. Just be sure that doesn't happen."

He shot his grappling hook to the top of the building and rappelled down.
He had to admit their chemistry was great when they were on the same team.
It showed in the alien ship and it was showing in this moment here.
They had good enough chemistry that they could even fit in witty banter.
He hadn't had that in a LONG time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex was laying on his bed with a tear in his eye.
The news report of the two heroes who failed to save a runaway train was playing.
Alex wasn't watching.
He could only hear it.
Dire and Fort didn't deserve that.
His guilt was bringing that feeling back.
The feeling of losing the will to live.
It was back.
Back for too long.

Suddenly, there was a crash!
The Demonic Dire swung into the building, rolling onto the floor with a gun pointing at him.
"End of the road, kid. Put your hands up, and I won't have to shoot."

Alex's eyes went wide, he couldn't go to jail!
He would rather die.
Death was better than life.
Alex rolled out of the bed, slid out of his window, and scrambled up the stairs.
He skidded to a halt when he saw what appeared to be Fort, but he wasn't even sure at that point. He turned heel and saw Dire crawling out of his window.
"Well... This is how I said I wanted to die."
At that, he jumped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"God damn it." Dire said as he saw the kid flying off the edge of the building.
He leaped off the stairs, catching the kid mid-fall.
"What're you doing?!" Alex asked, horrified.
"Being a hero." He said as he shot Alex with the dart gun, putting him to sleep.
Dire positioned himself so he would break Alex's fall, leaving him unscathed.
With a sickening CRACK he felt his spine snap, his ribs crumble, and his skull fracture.
He lay trying to breath for a moment, then he disappeared in a red flash.

Dire lay on the floor of his apartment, suddenly air filled with lungs.
He began to feel pain.
Sweet, sweet pain.
He wasn't paralyzed anymore.
Good thing it wasn't his first time.
He pulled out his phone and called Sam.
"I'm at my apartment. I have the pencil and piece of paper. Come turn me in. You'll be a folk hero." He said panting as he threw the phone across the room.
The pencil and piece of paper were laying on his desk with a note.
All the note had was a winky face on it.
He just shook his head and folded it neatly into his pocket, setting his real pistols down on the table.
Then he sat.
Waiting to be taken to jail.
The Metahuman Maximum Security Prison, to be more specific.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 558
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 27th 2017, 2:57 pm

While Dire entered the building, Sam positioned herself in such a way she had a clear view on the stairs just in case the kid decided he’d better go down the stairs rather than up. And then she waited. The sound of shattering glass was her clue Dire had made his move. Soon after she heard footsteps running on the metal stairs. They came rapidly closer. She looked down. It was the kid alright, with Dire in hot pursuit.

Sam crossed her arms as she waited for the kid to come her way. Only for something to happen neither she nor Dire had thought about. When the kid noticed her standing, and saw Dire closing in on him, he took a third option: he jumped of the stairs!

She moved, but not fast enough. Dire had already jumped behind the kid. Sam blinked. Had that really happened? Had Dire, the guy who had already let someone fall to his death today, really jumped after that kid? She didn’t know if she had to applaud him for his heroics, or scold him for his stupid behaviour. Probably the later as there was a good possibility the fall could kill them both.

‘Why couldn’t let me catch him,’ she asked herself as she flew down.

She landed next to Dire and the kid want wanted to check if they were both alright when Dire suddenly vanished in a flash of red light. Why he hadn’t done that as soon as got a hold on the kid, was beyond her. At the very least it would have saved him a lot of pain. Either way, if he could teleport away it meant he was still alive. She’d check where he went later, now she had to take care of this kid first.

A quick scan told her he was alright, just asleep. Dire’s doing, no doubt. He had held true to his promise all the way. She lifted the kid up. First, she’d take him to the local hospital, just to be sure he really was alright. The police could take over when he was awake.

While she prepared to take off, a group of locals had come out of their houses to see what the commotion was about this time. When the recognized her from the day before, they kept their distance. All but one, that was.

“That’s Alex,” an elderly man spoke, pointing at the kid she was carrying. “What happened to him?”

Alex, for the first time in a day the kid had gotten a name.

“He had an accident,” Sam replied. While not a lie, it was still stretching the truth. But no matter what he had done, it wasn’t her job to share this with others. The police could take care of that when and if they wanted. “I’m taking him to a hospital,” she continued. “Do you know where his parents are?” She looked around, hoping to spot they guy she had seen sitting in front of the television before. He was nowhere to be found.

“His mother’s away,” the man replied. “As to his father…” he just shrugged. “Anyway, the nearest hospital’s that way. You can’t miss it.” He pointed to the west. “I hope he’s going to be okay, he’s such a nice kid.” A few of the people in the back let out an approving confirmation.

Sam didn’t know what to say of that. If they knew what she knew, would they still think of him as such? Instead of worrying about this for much longer, she nodded and flew away.

About two hours later

Once again Sam found herself in Dire’s apartment. Much to her surprise, Dire seemed to be doing fine. Not even a scratch from the fall. And the magical residue inhere was stronger than it had been a few hours ago. One didn’t have to be a genius to put one and one together and figure out what the magic wards were for.

“I’m glad your going fine,” she said before she helped herself to a chair. “Alex – that’s the kids’ name, by the way, Alex Sharpe – he’s doing fine too. The doctor said he hasn’t sustained any injuries from his fall. He was lucky you caught him like you did.” She paused for a moment. Should she compliment him or not? “Well done,” she continued. “No one knows what they’re going to do with him next. Extensive therapy, most likely. Oh, and they’re checking on his father too. It seemed he’d what you could define as a lousy parent.” She looked at Dire again. “I don’t know, does this sound like a victory or not?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 27th 2017, 4:34 pm

Dire listened to Sam speaking of the kid's condition with disinterest.
He couldn't listen to that.
Not now.
"It's not. Heroes don't have victories, but they don't have losses. Villains? They just lose..."
He paused for a moment.

"You wanna know the first person I killed?" He chuckled. "I mean, of course you don't... But the first person I killed was my sorry excuse of a dad. Back then, it was the sweetest thing I could've ever done. I was shaking with anger and hatred. You don't feel the pain of killing someone until later. You kill someone without a second thought. But all of those Christmas days alone, that's what gets you."
He stood up and put his flaming katanas in the chair and grabbed the pencil and piece of paper.
"You'll always win, because you didn't have to kill somebody to save the day. I'll always lose, because I did."
He then grinned, "Do I really gotta put my hands behind my back?"

In the courtroom
"On the limitless counts of murder, thievery, and grand theft auto. How do you plead?" The judge asked.

His attorney stands, "Guilty, your honor."

"Therefore I sentence you to life in the Metahuman Maximum Security Prison. No possible bail. Court dismissed."

Final Goodbyes
Dire was standing in handcuffs wearing a neon green prison suit.
"Green really is my color, isn't it?"
He said to Sam, smiling.
"Just remember, you had better see me everyday for 3 months. If you don't, I'll start being a naughty boy."

[[OOC: I don't intend on this being the end of this, if you don't mind. I'd like to continue it on the actual Max Prison page and give it the huge finale. If not, that's fine though.]]

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Male
Number of posts : 558
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 28th 2017, 12:11 pm

His dad… If what Dire said was true, he and Alex had more in common than you’d say on first notice. Both had a poor excuse of a father who was at least partially responsible for their current state of mind. But while it might have been their fathers who pushed them on this road, they were the ones who kept following it while they could have chosen a different one when it presented itself. Alex didn’t have to push the button, he could have let go if he wanted to. And Dire, she was certain somewhere in his life that opportunity had crossed his path. But like Alex had had chosen to stay on this path. And now both had to live with the consequences, how hard they might be. It wouldn’t be an easy path, for neither of them, but they were still young. With the right support, they could one day close this dark chapter of their lives and start anew. Of this she was certain of.

It made her also realise how lucky she was with her family and friends. Sure, they didn’t always get along, even drove each other insane from time to time, but they were always there when they needed to be. In a way having them around her was worth more than any superpower in the world.

“No, you don’t have to,” she told Dire. “I trust you.”

[Outside the courtroom]

When the trial was over, listing the charges had actually taken longer than the jury coming with their verdict, Sam awaited Dire outside. She felt she owned him that much. At first the guards wouldn’t let her see him, likely because they were afraid she might help him escape or something. It had taken her some compelling arguments to make them change their minds. Key amongst them being that if Dire wanted to escape, he could do that without her aid.

“I promised I’d be there, so I shall,” she reassured Dire. He had stuck to his end of the bargain, and so would she.

OOC: Sure, no problem. Just let me know when you're ready to go.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top