The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Electric Patrol
Today at 10:22 pm by skullheadsoldiers

» New Hero on the Block
Today at 9:29 pm by skullheadsoldiers

» We need a vacation
Today at 8:36 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Legends (Alpha)
Today at 7:12 pm by Red

» First encounter with the devil(roleplay)
Today at 7:03 pm by Apeking4

» The nine circles
Today at 4:47 pm by Samael Christensen

» Numb [Sam]
Today at 1:40 pm by Fort/Sam

» ZUKIN DRIVER!
Today at 11:58 am by Shadowoof

» The Good Boy, Bad Girl, Evil Mom and a Little Heart (WOOF)
Today at 11:49 am by Shadowoof

» Tesla (Jeremiah) Hero Application
Today at 4:58 am by Dubloon

» Jeannie and Dire: The Christmas Special! [Issue #4]
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by Jeannie Rose

» A Sushi Place in Beachside L.A.
Yesterday at 8:34 pm by The Nekromonga

Staff

Administrators

Site Moderators

Forum Moderators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Numb [Sam]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Numb [Sam]

Post by Fort/Sam on November 28th 2017, 3:52 pm

Sam blinked as she was trying to process what had just happened. The one moment she was in Italy, she had just finished dinner and had chatted a bit with Dire. This was all fine. Then had had volunteered to take her home. Also nothing out of the ordinary, provided you ignored the roughly two thousand kilometres between the restaurant and her home. But then she suddenly found herself at home. In her bedroom, not the place she usually took guests to. And she certainly did not invite them over in her bed!

Before she was able to say anything, Dire had rolled out of her bed and disappeared with a flash of light, leaving her to wonder whether she would strangle him the next time they met for taking so much liberty or not. She didn’t get the time to sort it out when her bedroom door was suddenly pushed open.

Much to her surprise Arielle stormed in, swinging an umbrella as if it were a sword. This unlikely swordsman soon made her first victim when she accidentally knocked Sam’s nightlamp from her bedside table. A dented lampshade, but apart from that it had survived the attack very well.

“Sam!” Arielle exclaimed when she noticed her room-mate staring at her. “I had heard some rumbling coming from upstairs! I thought it were burglars!”

“They generally don’t come in on the third floor,” Sam reminded her when she put her night-lamp back on its place. “Besides assaulting them with an umbrella is not allowed. It’s better to make a lot of noise; that scares most of them.”

“Or I could find a room-mate who doesn’t come in through the window in the middle of the night. How about that?” Arielle asked her when she jabbed her a few times with the umbrella. “Just because you and some guy saved us all from a bunch of aliens doesn’t mean you can get away with everything you want, you know.” She jabbed her again witch each word. “That is, unless you happen to get his number.”

Sam sighted. “I didn’t. Wait, you know about the aliens?”

Arielle rolled her eyes. “You’re kidding right? Of course I do, it was on the news. And before you ask, yes, your mother was here too. She didn’t stay long. Just long enough to complain about you not answering your phone.”

Her mother. Sam gasped. Now some was going to get it. Next time they’d meet she was sure going to get at least a few dozen reasons why she should have stayed out of the whole alien affaire. And at least as many complains for not answering her phone. In her defence, she hadn’t deliberately ignored her incoming messages. She had switched her phone off when going to the hospital and with all the commotion that followed she had simply forgotten to turn it back on. When she did, messages started coming in.

Most where congratulations from people she knew for dealing with the aliens. She even got one from her aunt, a simple: ‘well done’ which was high praise coming from her. Her brother on the other hand wanted to know all the details. Anna too, though likely for different reasons. The messages from her mother, mostly variants from call me, were the only ones that didn’t contain any praise.

“I’ll drop by after classes tomorrow,” Sam promised as if it was going to change anything.

“Make sure to tell her before she shows up here again tomorrow,” Arielle told her. She checked her watch. “Well, I’m going to bed. Us mere mortals need our beauty sleep, you know. See you tomorrow.” Arielle jabbed her one last time before returning to her own room. With the umbrella.

Time skip

An annoying buzz filled Sam’s bedroom. With some difficulty she opened an eye. It wasn’t her alarm clock; that sounded like a bunch of chirping birds. It took her a moment before she realised it was her new ringtone. Who could be calling her at this hour? Not her mother; they had met yesterday. And it had been a difficult conversation. As usual her mother had tried to talk her out of being Fort while she came up with counterarguments why she had to. it was an old game they had played many times before and would likely continue to do so until one of them gave in. Unlike other times, however, the conversation had not ended with her angrily leaving her parents place. She considered this a moral victory and perhaps a sign her mother was finally coming to see things her way. But if this wasn’t her mother, who could be calling her?

With a “Sam here,” she answered her phone, barely able to suppress a big yawn. She may not require sleep to function, it didn’t mean she liked being waken up early.

“Sam, it’s Monica,” the person on the other side of the connection identified herself.

This couldn’t be good. Police Inspector Monica Tage was one of the two persons in the police force assigned to her as a liaison officer. The other was Dirk Teur. But while Dirk contacted her for smaller matters, Monica only did so when something big was going on and the occasional social call. And she wouldn’t be making a social call this early in the morning. Something must be wrong for her to call this early.

“Monica, what’s wrong?” Sam ask as she sat up straight in bed.

“What do you mean what’s wrong?” was the agitated reply. “Haven’t you seen the news yet? It’s all over the place! Everyone’s looking for you. Literally everyone.”

Sam blinked. Why would everyone be looking for her? What was going on that her presence was required? And what could be so big that everyone was looking for her? Had those aliens come back?

“Looking for me? Why,” she asked.

“Not just you, they’re looking for this Dire fellow too,” Monica told her.

“Dire?” Sam repeated. Had she really heard that well?  Why would the both of them be needed?

“Yes, Dire,” Monica assured her. “Sam, this is big. We got contacted by the Interior ministry who got contacted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They in turn got contacted by the US ambassador himself. He’s asking you to go there on the double.”

“Where, you mean the States? Why would they need me?”

“Because some lunatic is threatening to blow up a train if you and Dire don’t meet him, that’s why!”

That was all the motivation she needed to jump into action. She hurried out of bed and changed into costume while she listened to Monica telling her exactly where she needed to go and urging her to get there as soon as possible.

“Sam, this is the first time anyone asked for you in person,” Monica concluded. “This is an important opportunity. Not just for you, but for the country too. It’s your chance to prove you can be trusted to handle international crises and boast the reputation of every other hero we’ve got. Do your best!”

Mere moments later Sam jumped out of the window and flew straight towards her destination while praying she wouldn’t be too late.

Fort/Sam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on November 28th 2017, 8:59 pm

Dire was laying in bed, sleeping like a baby, when there was hard rapping at the door.
He rolled over with a groan, "Who is it? If you are of no relevance, I will shoot you."

"F.B.I, open up! We need you."

He sat straight up, suddenly fearful.
How did they find him?
This place was supposedly untraceable.
Had the wards Errtu put on it worn out?
He'll never know.
He rushed over, about to open the door, when the door was kicked open right in his face.
The men rushed in, ready to find him and force him to come, but saw him on the floor holding his head.
Luckily, he was in costume, or they probably would have taken all of his guns and arrested him.
"Not the best greeting card but I'll bite, what do you want?"

A man helped him to his feet, "My name is Agent Daniels, and it is not that we want you, it's that we need you... We-"

Before he could finish, Dire started laughing. "You are really bad at convincing people to do things, did ya know that?"

The man just grimaced and continued, "We will explain on the trip, but the Ambassador needs you there now."

Dire just slumped and groaned, "I'm gonna kill the fucker that made me wake up this early..."

"Perhaps you'll reconsider when you hear who caused this, sir... Right this way."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When Fort arrived to the Ambassador's headquarters, she was waiting for her.
She began leading her to his office.
"Thank you for coming on such short notice Miss... Vervliet, is it?"

Before she could answer,

"I hate that it must be like this that we meet, but this is a serious case. I hope you have contacted your friend to let him know we are sending for him as well."

Again, before Sam could speak,

"If you don't already know, you and your partner are being called upon by someone who knows you two by the Alias. I would presume someone you two put away from the past who escaped? We couldn't really find anyone on record of you two taking anyone to jail, perhaps it's someone you two thought you killed? It matters not to me, but you should consider just knocking them out. Anyway, thank you for your cooperation."

She continued briefing her as she led Fort through the twisted halls, never really allowing her to speak. As they neared the dark oak door of her office, she smiled.
"Welcome to the U.S Ambassador's office. It will serve as your briefing room today."

She opened the door, and sitting at the Ambassador's desk, The Demonic Dire with a plastic crown and a slushee.
He had his feet propped up and his exposed abs looked like there was a bit of ketchup.
The Ambassador looked at the man sitting in her desk with wide eyes before saying, "Sir, just what are you doing?"

Dire quit sipping his slushee to say, "Waiting for your slowpoke self. What about you?"

He would then see Sam and wave with a smile, "Hey, Sam!" He said before smacking his mouth, "I mean... Fort! That's what I meant... I don't know if the government knows your name or not, but they don't know mine so shhhhhh."

A man with no hair and a completely shaved face came in with a remote to the tv on the back wall and a folder containing some information.
"Alright everyone, we don't need to waste much more precious time. There was an anonymous letter sent to the police station local to the bridge that is proposed to be bombed..."
He put an image of the letter on the screen.
"We have no way of searching the whole bridge ourselves, so we have play the game for now. We believe that this may be an alien from the threat you two stopped the other day. S-"

Dire put his finger up, interrupting him.
"That can't be right. We pushed a-.... Er... Killed them all. There's no way there was any of them still alive."

"Perhaps it is their leader, he may have fled the scene. We believe that it could also be someone that you two may have dispatched before, or a terrorist group."

"I don't think a terrorist group would go with the anonymous tip thing... They would just claim it after the fact. This person wants us there. Probably knows that you will be monitoring it..." He said, putting his feet down, now interested.

"Perhaps, that is why we are not going to be there. We are going to have a bomb squad on the ground and we will have you on microphones, when he gives the location of the bomb... We will go to work. We are all counting you two to stop this maniac before they cause any damage... Good luck."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After travelling to the drop off point on a roof, Dire fidgeted with his ear piece.
"I like it when you talk dirty to me..." He said seductively on the coms.

Well, your mic is working...

"I know you couldn't have forgotten our romantic evening together. It's not possible. You were head over heels for me!" He grinned.

Perhaps, until I learned that you were a low life mercenary who broke into my office for no other reason than for your own personal gain... Not to mention that the government STILL doesn't know who you are...

"Hey! I've been contracted to kill you, but guess what! I didn't just because of that evening. Don't ruin that."

Yes, and that you don't want the U.S government to be on your behind the rest of your life... Now, if we can move past this and be working partners again, Dire, I would like to see if Fort's com is working.

"You can figure out by her answer to this: Where do we meet this... Secret admirer?"

The cold rain of the stormy night was falling off his crimson caped cloak, protecting his otherwise uncovered abdomen. The rain whipped at him like little tiny knives trying to just barely cut through the skin.
The time read 11:40

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 540
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on November 29th 2017, 9:33 am

Sam whipped the rain from her eye as she took a good look at her surroundings. The illuminated bridge dominating its surroundings, an everyday neighbourhood like you could find them all over town. Nothing that would suggest anything out of the ordinary. And yet right now there was nothing ordinary about this place.

‘So, that’s the bridge,’ she told herself. That was the bridge someone was threatening to lure Dire and herself here. But why would do such a thing? And why? She doubted it were those aliens again. Even if one of them had escaped and returned, why go for a ploy like this? There were better ways to try and even the score that didn’t involve having them travel half way across the world. Not to mention their first meeting had just been a display of raw power; no plans or strategy whatsoever. No, she didn’t think it was them.

Someone else she had locked up and gotten out then? That man over at the office seemed to believe it was a possibility. But why would the both of them be involved? Until their brief partnership in London they had only heard of the other trough their mutual friend Jeannie. Apart from that, they had practically been strangers to each other. Their evening out had only done a small part to remedy this.

Could it than perhaps be that the only reason they were both named was because of their recent television appearance? Maybe it was just the work a wannabe criminal trying to make a name for himself by challenging two people whose names were still fresh in everyone’s memory? Out of the three it seemed the most likely one, some people were willing to go to any lengths to build themselves a reputation.

Still, something felt wrong about this. For instance, why this bridge? She looked at her partner to see if he had anything meaningful to add to the subject only to find him flirting with the woman at the other end of the line. This was neither the place nor the time for such frivolities, there were lives at stake.

“It’s working perfectly,” Sam confirmed the functionality of her earpiece. “Now that this has been established, do you have any last word of advice before we go in?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on November 29th 2017, 5:02 pm

If it comes down to the two of you, Dire dies first. Got it?

"Yeah, love you too, babe..." He said, rolling his eyes with the glowing red irises.

He looked around and tried to think of places that this person could be. Though he was joking around, he was actually panicking. They were running out of time. Standing here talking was not helping.
He looked around trying to find places that there could be visibility to all areas.
He looked down at his watch to see 11:55.
"Holy shit! We've spent WAY too much time here... Time for a shot in the dark."
He directed Sam's attention to the top of the news building that had a billboard that conveniently said "I'm right here!" due to the way it was nestled between two larger buildings.
He teleported on top of the building and drew his katanas.

When he arrived on top of the building, he saw... A kid?
He was holding a flip phone and he was standing on the edge of the building.
Dire couldn't really make out any of his details, but he knew that this was a kid.
How did he stay undetected?
"Oh. Hello Dire. Nice to see you."

"What're you doing, kid?" Dire sheathed his katanas, he had killed kids before... He's not gonna do it again.

"I'm exposing you for the asshole you are and make you make a hard decision... Kid."

Well.... Perhaps he was going to kill one.

As Sam made it over to the two, Alex waved as Dire clutched a pistol and a katana.
"Now, as you two know... I've wired this bridge somewhere... And the bomb will explode... And the train will go down. Now, you can either kill me now. Save the lives of a whole train. Kill a child." He looked to Dire.

"Or, you can go and try to save the train. Letting me go." He looked to Fort.

"The only way I will die, is if Dire kills me. If I see Fort move an inch in my direction, I blow it up anyways. I will only leave if Dire verbally agrees to allow me, a criminal and mass murderer go. See that camera over there?" He pointed to the camera on the vent next to them.

"There is a reporter who always comes in at 11:30 p.m to do his reports early, so he doesn't have to be at work all day. No doubt he is there watching. So he will see just exactly what you'll do, and the whole world will know... BUT. I will say, that you will have a slim chance of saving the train... So, what's it gonna be? Let me go? Or kill me?"

Dire couldn't keep his head straight. What if it were Nadia on that train? What if it were Jeannie on that train? Rozmer? Sam? Would he just let them die? He couldn't. Yet, he couldn't kill any more kids... This was just wrong...
He pulled the gun out, closing his eyes.
"Sam?"
The clock read 11:59

[[OOC: Sorry this is kind of anti climactic...]]

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on November 30th 2017, 2:56 pm

Sam blinked in disbelieve. A child? All of this trouble was caused by a child? It Not exactly what she had anticipated. No one had, apparently. Dire didn’t seem to know how to handle the situation and the voice on the other side of the earpiece had gone silent too.

Of course, how does one deal with something like this? This wasn’t the sort of situation anyone was prepared for. A common criminal or even the return of those aliens was a threat they were all familiar with and knew how to act accordingly. But a child’s desperate plea for attention was a different matter entirely.

‘A desperate child that is threatening dozens of lives,’ she reminded herself. As much as she felt sorry for him, she had to keep in mind that it was his finger on the trigger. Still she couldn’t bring herself to just freeze the phone in his hand and prevent him from sending the signal when the train got here which she would have done in any other circumstance. But against a damaged child…

And why was he so obsessed about Dire? By the looks of it Dire didn’t know this child. So why was this child forcing Dire to make the hard choice? Coincidence? Maybe. She’d have to find out if she wanted this to end without anyone getting injured.

She closed her eyes for a second and pricked up her ears. She could hear the train in the distance. Not where it should be now. Thank God for the universal punctuality of trains. It would buy them a few extra minutes to defuse the situation. Not what she had hoped for, but it would have to do. Both the train and this child had to be saved.

She opened her eyes again. Dire had drawn his gun. She prayed he wasn’t planning on using it.

“You’re better than this,” she finally spoke. “You both are.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on November 30th 2017, 8:47 pm

Alex looked at Sam and frowned.
He wasn't better than this...
Yet hearing it from her almost made him reconsider...
But he couldn't.
He wanted death, but it didn't seem as if Dire was going to grant him that.
"You'd live with the gu-"

"Don't talk to me about guilt! You are FAR from feeling guilty! But guess what! You are the most guilty one out there!" He said, feeling his rage boil over due to Dire not doing what he was expecting to.
He then looked at his watch and widened his eyes, "Oh, look at that... It's midnight. You waited too long, now it's time to pay the price."

Without hesitation, Alex pressed the button.
He had placed the bomb in a place where it would make it seem like there would be time to stop it, but no amount of strength of mechanical power could stop the train really.
Dire turned to see the bridge explode. The fiery ball was just on the corner, so the train would eventually just shoot straight out into the building closest to it.
Growling, Dire shot back at the kid's direction, but he was long gone.
He wanted to go chase him down.
He wanted to pounce on top of him and gut him.
Right in the middle of the street and hang him with his own intestines.
But he was trying to become a hero.
Who wants to see the city's hero mutilate a child in the middle of the street?

Dire ran off the building and jumped to the next, hoping that Sam was following and that he could get there on time.
Yet, even with his demonic speed, Dire couldn't make it in time.
He watched as, despite their efforts, the train plummeted down into the road in another big flame.
Dire just stared.
He had seen many mass bombings due to his hands, but this seemed... Different.
All at the same time, it was EXACTLY the same.
He stared for just one moment longer before he began to hear the screams.
The God-awful screams.
He ran down, stripping his cloak off, ready to get in there.
He stepped in, the fire not effecting him nearly as much as it should.
He grabbed a family of three, a wife husband and child.
He hoped Sam could help get the rest as he was running to set them somewhere safe.
The husband could pull his own wait, and he was probably stronger than him anyways judging his physique.
Yet the man limped along with his boy while Dire carried the mother/wife.
When he sat them down in a safer area, he looked at them.
"Stay here until the paramedics get here..."
He then ran to help anyone else he could find.

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 1st 2017, 3:21 pm

There was a loud ‘no’ when the train came crashing down and caught fire. Vaguely Sam became aware it was her own voice she was hearing. ‘How could this have happened?’ she wondered. ‘How could things have gone out of hand like this?’ When the smoke coming from the burning train began filling the air, the scream died down. Only to be immediately replaced by screams coming from the burning wreckage. This was enough to snap her out of her trance. She had a job to do. She had already failed once tonight, she wouldn’t do so a second time.

A split second later she was hovering over the burning train. Dire had already began evacuating the trapped passengers. Commendable, but it would take to long to move them all one by one before the fire got to them. She hovered to the seat of the fire and unleashed icy blue blasts from here eyes.  The fire was no match for the cooling powers she possessed and was soon extinguished, allowing her to tend to the passengers still trapped inside.

Thanks to the combination of her enhanced hearing and her magical X-ray vision finding them wasn’t all that difficult. A blessing for those who had sustained mortal injuries and wouldn’t have lived long enough to wait for normal help to arrive. Rumble was lifted with ease and carriages were torn open like wet tissue paper when needed in order to get the passengers out from which point the emergency services took over from her, allowing her to move on to the next carriage.

Before long all passengers where rescued from the train wreckage. The worst cases where transported right away to various hospitals in the region while the minor injuries were treated on the spot. They would still need to see a doctor the next few days, just to be certain, but for now they could rejoice they had survived the ordeal. Or morn those that weren’t so fortunate. Like a weeping woman accompanying a stretcher with a small body bag on it. The price of her failure. When they crossed paths, Sam couldn’t muster the strength to look the woman in the eyes.

“How are you holding up?” Sam asked when she finally found Dire back amongst the many people running around.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 6th 2017, 9:03 pm

Dire saved himself from nearly getting blasted with the cold himself before saving other people from the cold and fire themselves.
Everything else happened in a blur to him.
The authorities arrived.
So did the paramedics.
They took over.
Dire sat down on a curb.
Head in hands.
He couldn't even look.
That was all him.
He should've pulled the trigger.
Since when did he care about the creds he got?

His thoughts were stopped when he saw Fort, the only person who would even look at him right now, come up to him.
He completely drowned out what she was saying, because he already knew what was coming out of her mouth.
"I've seen better days, I guess..." He said dejectedly.
"I plan to go to the hospital soon.""

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 7th 2017, 8:08 am

Sam nodded. She understood he wasn't in a talkative mood. After what they'd just been through, she couldn't blame him. But at the same time she also knew that talking about your problems helped to make them more bearable. And right now Dire looked like he could use a talk but apart from herself no one seemed willing to do so.

"I could take you there, if you want to," she offered after she sat down next to Dire. She could easily been missed, the emergency services seemed to have everything under control. All she could do now was put her first aid knowledge to the test, but with so many paramedics running around she'd only be in their way.

She stared at the exploded bridge, the damaged housed and the remains of the demolished train. So much destruction. To say nothing of the injured people or the lives lost. She knew she'd revisit this scene in her dreams for a time to come.

"That kid," she finally spoke, "he wanted you to do it. Do you know why? It almost felt as if he held a grudge against you for some reason."

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 7th 2017, 7:33 pm

Dire shook his head at the offer to fly the two there.
"Nah... I kinda need the walk..." He paused, "You can walk with me if you'd like though."

He pondered on Sam's question. He wasn't sure why that kid wanted him dead.
What had he done to that kid in particular.
Hell, he knew Dire by name.
He had NO idea who he was, though.
"Yeah, I could tell... I've done a lot in my life, but I'm not really sure who he could be..."

That was what frustrated him most of all.
He just couldn't figure it out...
Besides everyone in the world, who wanted to do this to him.
Dire was starting to shake.
He didn't know what to do.
He stood up and walked to the nearest street light.
As the anger boiled up inside him, he yelled out and punched it.
Leaving a fair sized dent in the pole, and a fair amount of damage to his hand that he would feel later.
"I should've pulled the trigger."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 8th 2017, 4:01 pm

Sam said nothing when Dire all of a sudden decided it was a good idea to work out his anger on an innocent street-light. That didn't mean she approved of his behaviour though. She could understand he was angry, it just wasn't a very good excuse to start trashing things up. This place had seen enough senseless destruction for one night.

"Don't say that," she calmly spoke when Dire was done. "It was a cruel choice he put you to. Killing him or allowing him to blow up a bridge. But it wasn't you who blew up the bridge.  You choose to save a live, he choose to end them."

But what if she had taken a third option instead? No matter what that kid have said, she knew she could have disabled the remote on time if she had tried too. Was it wrong to have tried to talk him out of his rash action? If she hadn't, if she had acted instead of talked how many lives would have been spared? To say nothing of the millions of property damage the incident had caused. This fiasco was on her head too. If she had just acted...

No, she shouldn't think like that. She had tried him to listen to reason, offered him a chance to end this without anyone getting hurt and he had rejected that opportunity and proceed on this path. She didn't know what pushed him to act the way he did but whatever it was, it wasn't an excuse. He could have chosen to be better than this.

"We'll have to go after him, won't we?" she eventually asked after a moment of silence.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 8th 2017, 11:12 pm

Dire listened to Sam speak, noting that she seemed to feel like it was on her shoulders too.
He was going to let it go, but decided not to.
"Hey, don't go putting the moral highground on me... I'm a mercenary. I kill for a living... It's on me, not you... You were the hero today..."

He heard the other question and kind of winced.
They WOULD have to go after him.
And it would be different.
"Yeah... Next time, I'll do what everyone expects me to do."

He looked up at Sam with tears in his eyes, "You know that really old cartoon about that squirrel?" He pauses for a second.
"Well the squirrel finds a coconut, and thinking that he found the motherlode of all nuts, he tries to crack it. Thing is, coconuts are hard to crack. So he spends the whole episode trying to crack that coconut... No matter what he does, it won't crack. FINALLY, after chucking the coconut over a cliff, it cracks. You know what's inside? Another coconut. I'm that squirrel. No matter how many times I try to do good, it blows up in my face. Then when I finally get around to the time I do good, I STILL can't do right... It's awful...

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on December 9th 2017, 2:38 pm

I'm a mercenary. I kill for a living. Sam repeated those words in her mind several times. Was this really how he saw himself? Only capable to destroy? No, that wasn't true. If it was, he wouldn't have hesitated to shoot when he had the opportunity to do so. That he hadn't proved he was capable of so much more. Why couldn't he see it himself?

What Dire said next, came as an even bigger shock. Was he really planning so shoot this kid the next time they met? Before she had to opportunity to ask him about this, Dire continued with this story about a squirrel while his eyes became wet from tears. She couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Trying to do the right thing only to have it explode in his face must be a bitter pill to swallow.

She put a hand on Dire's shoulder. "Tell me, this squirrel what did he do when he found the second nut inside? Did he gave up, or did he try cracking that one too? Don't you think that after all the trouble he went though to get the first one open, he would try to crack the next one too? And I bet it was a lot easier for him the second time.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on December 9th 2017, 4:27 pm

Dire looked down.
Yeah, it was easier.
Every time.
Yet...
The show went on forever.
It was such a long show.
"Sure, it's easier every time. Then I look at the flipside. When I need to be a hero, I'm a villain... When I need to be a villain, I'm a hero... It used to be that I wanted to be a hero, but couldn't help being the villain... Now... I just want to be the villain... Yet, I can't stop being a hero..."
Even as he said it, he knew that wasn't true.
He was trying so desperately hard to clean up his reputation, but it never worked.
It always came back.
"So... Yes. The coconut cracks easier the second time. Yet, in all the years of that show... The squirrel never did get to the center of that coconut..."
He hoped she could've gotten the fear he had without explaining it...

He began to walk, almost hoping she would follow. He had to apologize to some people.

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam Yesterday at 10:09 am

She didn't believe he wanted to be a villain. Not really, anyway. Villains, in her book, generally didn't worry when their actions hurt innocent people. As long as they didn't suffer any harm everything was fine. That he was troubled enough by what happened to those inside the train to start questioning himself proved he wasn't a villain or even at risk becoming one.

Instead of realising this truth, Dire just went on about his squirrel cartoon before he suddenly walked away. Unsure what he was up to, Sam just followed him.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire Yesterday at 4:26 pm

With his head down, Dire continued to walk on with no regard of anything.
This was on his shoulders.
He hated that.
"Why do you believe in me so much? I just let a bunch of innocent people die..."
He broke off in tears again.
He felt hopeless.
All he wanted to do was help.

He stopped.
He looked down at his own katanas, and his two pistols.
He used to think they were wicked sick and amazing.
Now...
He just saw all the lives he took.
Innocent lives.
The amount that makes this massacre look like a scratch.
He was no different than the kid.
He really can't change.
He never can.
Never will.
"Ya know... If I could get rid of these powers in exchange for all the lives I've taken, I would without hesitation."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top