The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Character Outfits
Today at 12:38 am by Jeannie Rose

» Encounter in the museum
Yesterday at 9:39 pm by Jeannie Rose

» The Witch of Fire and Earth
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Sympathy for the devil
Yesterday at 7:02 pm by Alpha

» Elena Vexus’ 9th Advancement
Yesterday at 5:08 pm by Elena Vexus

» Not like any other hunter. (Thalia.)
Yesterday at 3:29 pm by Shadowoof

» Shakedown (Woof)
Yesterday at 3:28 pm by Shadowoof

» Good Knight, Jack [KNIGHTFALL]
Yesterday at 3:23 pm by Knightfall

» Bliss Saves Christmas. And Other People Help (Closed)
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by The Swolefather

» The Lament of London [CLOSED]
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by The Swolefather

» An Interesting World (Samual Grayson, Night Walker, Witchcraft and Nolan Darner)
Yesterday at 4:08 am by Nate6595

» A light within the heart of darkness
January 14th 2018, 10:17 pm by Red

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Numb [Sam]

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Numb [Sam]

Post by TheDastardlyDire on September 20th 2017, 8:59 pm

We follow a young man named Alex Sharpe.
15 years old. Lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
He suffers from a very serious condition called depression.
Daily he finds himself at war with himself.
Yet, he doesn't show it to his fellow peers at school. Actually, he's the class clown of the school.
Everyone loves him.
He puts a smile on his face for everyone that walks by, jokes around with his friends, and teachers don't even hate him necessarily.
It's his home life where he can show the signs.
His father is a heavy alcoholic and his mother is at work before he wakes up and much past the time he decides to go to sleep.
He pretty much has to rely on himself to survive.
He tries everything from music to self mutilation to escape from the pain, to his despair, nothing works.
He found himself walking home from school to his mundane, white house.
His father would most likely be in the basement and his mother is probably in some other state, or next door... Who knows?
He goes to his room and runs his hand through his hair with a sigh.
He sits in his chair, putting on the news.
Hoping to find something to occupy the time.
He puts on the news to something that looks quite interesting.
"Live! From Britain, two superpowered beings named Fort and Dire saved the world from an alien attack. The two have agreed to make brief statements before departing! We take you to that now!"

Dire stood behind the pile of aliens that decided to die after Dire flipped a switch in the mother ship. He guesses they were all being mind controlled.
His torso cut, slashed, and burnt. His cape was shredded to no repair, he had a black eye, and a bleeding lip.
He looked to his partner in crime, Sam.
He heard a lot about her, but hadn't actually met her before today.
Honestly he didn't know anything more about her from this trip than he did before they met.
He chuckled. "If anyone asks, we actually killed ALL of them, and not just three."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Male
Number of posts : 558
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Numb [Sam]

Post by Fort/Sam on September 21st 2017, 9:44 am

When her feet touched the ground again, Sam looked at her semi-apocalyptic surroundings. Their victory had come at a high price. Large craters were spread all over the streets, some filled with a muddy water when a nearby pipeline got damaged in the process. The faces of every building in sight showed large holes it the buildings hadn’t collapsed during the fighting. Several burned down cars, one still smouldering, added to the picture. To say nothing of the various corpses of the invaders that lay spread throughout the streets. The only thing looking out of place was the shiny, saucer like ship the that stood in the park at the end of the street.

When Dire, her unexpected ally, had done something inside the ship he had succeeded in killing every invader simultaneously. Unfortunately, that also included the one piloting their ship. To prevent the ship from crashing and claiming even more lives, she had intercepted it and safely guided it to the park. How it was ever successfully going to be moved from there was a worry for a later time. Right now they could rejoice, knowing that the invasion had ended without too much lives being lost because of it.

‘Macho,’ Sam thought when Dire asked her to lie about the number of aliens they had killed. She didn’t feel the need to brag about the number of aliens she had brought down. Their plans were thwarted, that was the most important thing.

“I don’t think anyone’s going to ask that. It’s not like they keep a score or something,” she told Dire as she brushed the dust off her cape. She hadn’t expected it, but her costume had braved the invasion without suffering any damage. Apart from the dust you wouldn’t even know she’d been in a fight. It seemed her costume really was as sturdy as she had been lead to believe. She made a mental note to thank professor Bolleboos when she got back home.

She looked back at her brother-in-arms. She had never met him before, and the heat of battle hadn’t been the most suitable time or place to make introductions either. Perhaps when this was all over she’d have the opportunity to get to know the man behind the mask.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Number of posts : 733
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on September 21st 2017, 7:40 pm

Dire smiled at Fort, thinking about how noble she must be. She didn't even want to lie to make herself sound more cool.
He envied her for that.
"Well, I keep score ya know?" He said playfully.

As the two stepped out in front of the crowd, Alex sat and watched with interest.
He saw the stand up, heroish looking woman. She deemed her an actual hero. Just seeing the way she walked out in front of everyone.
Then he took note of the asshole guy next to her. It looked like he wasn't a hero. Like he was the asshole that got blessed with something he didn't deserve.

One of the interviewers flagged down Dire and asked:
"What caused this to happen?"
Dire stood and pondered for a moment
"No clue, sorry."
The next one had a question for Fort.
"What was it like up there?"

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on September 22nd 2017, 4:31 am

This wasn’t the kind question she had prepared for. She had expected to be asked something along the line of “What if they come back?” or “How will we prevent this from happening again?”. Something that went a little deeper than the superficial though sensational: “What was it like up there?”. She supposed it was what the viewers wanted, knowing how it felt to be up there. As long as it was something heroic that would let their minds wander off from the gravity of the situation.

“A bit windy,” she deflected the question with humour as she remembered a lesson from her aunt: “If you don’t know what to say, use humour to defuse the situation. Or say nothing at all, that works too. Better even.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on September 24th 2017, 7:28 pm

Dire chuckled a true Sam's joke, "Sounds like she's still got some fight in her!"

The onslaught of questions continued until he finally groaned and said, "Oookay! Enough questions. I've got a hot date with a girl named Fort, and let me tell you she's a keeper! Alright... Dire, over and out."
He went to grab Fort's arm but was for certain it was not her arm... It was a tad too squishy for that...
When they teleported on top of the random building he thought of, he looked at where his hand was placed but didn't move it. Simply to elicit a reaction.
"Oops..."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on September 25th 2017, 12:34 pm

‘Dream on,’ Sam told herself when Dire boisterously made his plans for a date public. She would never consider going on a date with someone she had only just met. And besides, he wasn’t her type either. It seems she’d have to talk this delusion out of his head before she’d be able to leave. Something told her it would be harder than stopping those aliens. Much harder.

Before she had time to do so, however, Dire suddenly grabbed her. The next moment Sam suddenly found herself at the top of a tall building. Confused she looked around, trying to get her baring. How on earth did she get her? had Dire something to do with it? It must be, he had touched her mere moments before she had ended up her. He had touched her!

Her eyes went down and noticed Dire’s had resting on her chest. The nerve that guy had! Did he really think just because he was a guy he could get away with that? He didn’t even seem inclined to remove it and offer her an apology for his inappropriate behaviour. That guy was really asking for trouble!

Sam wasted no time.  With an iron grip on Dire’s forearm, she forcefully removed the had from its current location.  She made sure not to overdo it. She didn’t exercise enough force to cause any permanent damage, but just enough for it to serve as a lifelong reminder not to put his hands where they didn’t belong.

“That’s private property,” she added to drive the point home.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on September 26th 2017, 8:51 pm

Dire squealed a little bit as Sam firmly removed his hand from her chest.
"I was just joking, jeez..." He chuckled.

He sat on the edge of the building and sighed.
"Jeannie talked a lot about you. She tells me you're a really good person. Never really got to work with someone like you. Thanks for helping me save the world."
He laughed a little bit on the last part.
"It's wonderful isn't it?" He said, looking out at the starry night.
"The world, I mean."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on September 27th 2017, 5:51 am

Sam’s gaze went from the starlit sky to the city lights surrounding them. The place looked peaceful from up here. If she didn’t know any better, she’d never have believed an alien invasion had occurred here not even an hour ago. She closed her eyes and experienced the city in a different way.

Gone was the tranquillity as she picked up a myriad of different sounds coming from all over the city. The biggest noise-makers were cars and other vehicles, even at this late hour. She left those far what they were, and focuses on the fainter sounds. Those were the real voices of the city: it’s inhabitants.

Each city she had listened to might have had its own character, certain elements always came back. Expressions of joy, kindness, love, hope but also anger, pain, sorrow and regret. All the things that made life what it was.

“Yes. Yes, it is,” Sam answered when she opened her eyes again. “Fragile too. I’m glad we were able to put a stop to it.” She hesitated for a moment. Dire seemed like a different person now. Maybe he wasn’t the pervert she had believed him to be. “By the way, I didn’t hurt you there, did I?”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on September 30th 2017, 1:31 pm

Dire looked at his arm, it looked like someone gave him a really bad Indian burn.
"Nah, and even if you did I had it coming. I at least have to by you dinner first." He teased.

He wished a moment like this couldn't be ruined by his cynical thoughts.
He always thought human-kind was evil.
Including himself.
Then he meets people like Fort.
"So... I guess this is goodbye?" He asked a little disappointed.

As Alex finished the last of his homework, he flipped through the channels to find nothing on.
So he turned on his games. He had taken a liking to the game Overwatch as of late.
He loved playing these games, because it was an escape from the reality he grew to hate.

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on September 30th 2017, 2:51 pm

“Goodbye?” Sam muttered. She’d have to go back eventually. But did it have to be this soon? She had just stopped an alien invasion. Surely, she deserved a bit of time off. An hour or two wouldn’t hurt anyone.

“It doesn’t have to be,” she spoke aloud. “Being a goodbye, I mean. I could stay a bit longer if you want me to.”

‘And afterwards, am I just returning home as of nothing happened?’ she asked herself. They had stopped a bunch of aliens together! If something like that didn’t build a bound for life, what else would? Plus, Dire was a friend of Jeannie. So sooner or later they would likely bump into each other anyway. If she just walked away now, such meetings would become highly uncomfortable for anyone present.

“And afterwards, we can always meet again,” she continued. “Maybe go on a patrol together?”

A patrol? ‘What am I thinking, going straight to business like that again? Can’t I even keep things casual for even five minutes?’

“Or you could buy me that dinner you mentioned,” she hastily added. “But we better go somewhere else for that. France or Italy maybe. I’ve heard the food around here’s terrible.”

It wasn’t business related, but that was about the only positive thing that could be said about her statement. God, she was terrible at addressing a fellow hero. She hadn’t had many opportunities to talk with one she had never met before, but that was hardly an excuse to make such a mess of it. She really needed to work on that particular skill to be better prepared for similar situations in the future.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on October 1st 2017, 9:57 am

Dire nodded. "Yeah, I did say I'd buy you dinner... And I HAVE had a hankering for some Italian. Sounds like a date."

He stood and took her hand as someone would take a princess'.
He then teleported, thinking of Italy.
He was surprisingly on target, on top of a building dead in the middle of Italy. Where all the food was!
Dire smiled, "Bada boom bada vicci. Your fettuccine is completey."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on October 1st 2017, 3:25 pm

Sam couldn’t help but giggle when Dire took her hand. If it weren’t for the damaged, bloodstained clothes, he could have passed for a prince charming taking his princess for a stroll in the castle gardens. Not that she considered herself a princess, let alone his princess. It was still a nice gesture, though.

A flash and a blink later and Sam suddenly found herself on top of a different building. In Italy this time.

“Sounds lovely,” Sam whispered.

It was a good thing Dire had thought about appearing in a less populated area like a rooftop. She imagined it would have caused quite a commotion if they had appeared out of thin air in the middle of a crowd. Especially dressed like this. The locals might think they’d be next on the alien invasion list!

“I suppose we better get changed before we go down there,” Sam said as she began to loosening her bun.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on October 2nd 2017, 8:15 pm

Dire looked at his exposed abdomen with singe marks and bruises all down it.
He slouched and smiled innocently, "Oh yeah, that makes sense doesn't it?"

He pressed a button on his watch that made his suit whip into it in the blink of an eye.
He was wearing aviator sunglasses with gold frames and a brown tint, a navy short sleeve button up shirt with fox heads printed on it, black jogger pants, and brown boat shoes.
He stood for a moment before realizing he probably should have let Fort go somewhere to change.
His eyes went wide for a moment.
"Oh yeah! Ummm.... There!"
He covered his eyes realizing there was nothing to wait behind.
"Sorry, I should've let you change somewhere."

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on October 3rd 2017, 12:31 pm

Sam frowned in amusement when Dire covered his eyes to ‘let her change’. What was he thinking, that she was going to undress on top of a building just like that? In front of a stranger no less? What on earth could possess him to think something like that? There was no need for her to take her costume off, she’d just wear her regular cloths on top of it like she always did.

She had to admit, Dire’s instant transformation trinket did have its merits. It was far more practical than keeping one’s clothes in a compressed compartment in a cape. Faster too, she’d have to get them out first and put them on the old-fashioned way. Fortunately, it was just a casual outfit, it didn’t cause too much trouble. Getting high heels out of that compartment, however, was a nightmare.

She put on a green jeans, and struggled a bit with her cape when she pulled a white and blue checked shirt on. Funny how she always had trouble this was, but never the other way around. Was they world trying to tell her something? She buttoned her shirt and straightened her necklace. Her gloves and boots disappeared into her handbag before she put on a pair of brown ballet flats.

“You can open your eyes again, I’m decent,” she joked.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire on October 16th 2017, 6:46 pm

Dire's eyes widened at Sam's outfit choice. It looked strikingly like something he'd wear.
He smiled, "Nice outfit, madam."
He hoped she didn't think it was in a teasing way.

He pointed towards the sun and said "Wow, look at that!"
When Sam would hopefully look that way he would use his speed to catch her hands that would slightly move from her turn and teleport them to a bathroom.
When they got there he thanked any being that would be listening for putting them in a NICE bathroom.
Then he muttered a curse for putting them both on top of a toilet.
"Well, this is awkward." He chuckled through his cheek being squished up against Sam's

The Demonic Dire:
TheDastardlyDire

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top