The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_vote_lcapA light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_voting_barA light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A light within the heart of darkness

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: A light within the heart of darkness

Post by Casmaudius December 8th 2017, 12:49 am

Cas clutched his fingers tightly, feeling the damaged flesh of his palm would knit back together. The self inflicted injury would close rather quickly, so he seemed to ignore that while removing the blades tip from the ground. He could still feel the corruption within the air, writhing like an imperceptible black smog that threatened to choke his lungs and yet only offered mild irritation. Ren offered a compliment towards his weapon, which appeared to get a wide grin from the male as he hefted the massive blade to catch the glint of an unknown light. ”Thank you. My mother forged it herself.” he said so with absolute pride, letting the weapon dismiss itself in a flash of light blue light while the conversation shifted to talks of the supernatural.

”I can tell this isn’t your first time.”I just sorta work with mister sun spot here on his quest to...purify spots like these or whatever. He motioned to Cas who looked all too pleased with himself, smiling slightly as he  wiped away the golden blood that was drying on his palm.

”It’s good to have someone helping against these hell portals.” he noted, seeming to then look over the spot where the portal had once been. ””So...do you know any kind of magic? I mean I guess it should be obvious but didn’t want to assume.” Cas wondered about the male once he had finished examining the scene, eyes now glowing an odd molten gold.

Casmaudius

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2017-06-05

Back to top Go down

A light within the heart of darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: A light within the heart of darkness

Post by Red January 14th 2018, 10:17 pm

"You....... Could say that," Ren said, scratching his head. It was true that he knew magic, and he himself was a supernatural being, but his abilities and spells were nowhere near as flashy as those these two seemed to wield. Most were parlor tricks, and those that weren't were given to him by that Death guy.

"I can't go all DnD mage, but i know some utility spells, and um, can kill people by touching them.... " The teen said the last part as if he wanted it to be glossed over, but it was clearly a bigger deal then what he made it out to be. That said, he would continue talking before anyone had the chance to call him out on it.

"The darkness in this town is also mine. Ever since reading through that book on death it follows me wherever i go, unfortunately.... But then again, maybe it's what drew you guys here. So, not all bad," Ren said, leaning against the basement wall. His mind wondered for a moment if the situation was over or not, but he decided to not think about it too long. If more demons came, well, they would be dealt with. What was more important now was getting some questions answered.

"Anyway, I've given more exposition then a Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain. My turn's over. What's your guys' deal?" Ren was far more interested in Cas then the other, but he might as well grab any useful information on the other while he was at it. Sure, they might just go separate ways here in a few minutes, but knowledge is power, and the more he knew about all things supernatural, the better.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius January 17th 2018, 4:56 pm

Cas seemed somewhat interested by the odd person that had joined the two of them in their venture through the haunted house. His expression did however show confusion when the mention of DnD came about, brows furrowing and looking at him strangely. ”Kill people by touching them? That sounds like a pretty interesting little ability.” Christian noted, stroking his chin as if that were an interesting thing to have. Not exactly something he had dealt with before, beyond his own magic which could do something similar.

”So this darkness was yours? That’s some pretty powerful magic to affect things like that.” He leaned against a wall, crossing his arms as the question turned back on them about what they were.

”Well i’m...of a magical persuasion. I guess you’d call me a mage or even a necromancer. Don’t raise the dead often but I know how to.” The younger of the two explained before motioning to Cas. ”And he’s...well try not to overrreact but he’s a god. Deity or whatever you’d call him.”

”I remember the last time I told someone that. Was one of those humans with strange abilities and tried to assault me for some odd reason. I...might have broken nearly all their bones accidentally.” Cas noted with a sheepish smile and a shrug. ”Christian says I shouldn’t go around telling people that, so I guess it’s for a good reason.”
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Morana February 3rd 2018, 5:41 pm

Ren stared at Cas and Christian the entire time they explained themselves, his expression unflinching. He seemed to be unphased by the things these two were saying, as absurd as it all sounded. The truth was, Ren wasn't surprised. They had the abilities obviously, and they knew about magic. Ren had no reason not to believe the things they were saying. Even at the mention of Cas being a God, Ren didn't even show a ounce of doubt.

He looked like he might say something after the pair finished talking, but he didn't. An awkward silence filled the air for about a dozen seconds until finally Ren smiled and broke the tension. Still, he played it cool.

"Cool. Never met a god before. Unless Death counts..... Also, Necromancy is cool. Always been interested in that subject, even if what i do is essentially the opposite," Ren said. He then stretched his hand out for a shake from them both.

"Annnnway. Want to get out of here now? This place seems secure, and I'm kinda hungry. We could...... Go somewhere." Ren scratched his head as he spoke. It was pretty clear he wasn't very good at this social thing. He never even made eye contact when he said things. That said, he managed to get the sentence out in what he would call a pretty cool and casual manner.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ren Morana
Ren Morana

Number of posts : 11
Job : Stuff and Things
Registration date : 2016-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius February 9th 2018, 3:03 am

Cas wasn’t exactly sure what he was expecting from this rather dark looking individual, especially considering that not many people responded positively to what he was. Most of the time it ended up being a loud argument or someone trying to assault him as if that would disprove his own godhood in some fashion. Such strange leaps in logic never really made sense to him, but he let them do as they did anyhow. Something had warped the perspective of the people of this world, at the very least in a way he couldn’t comprehend. ”A god of death or avatar of the concept of very possible. I’ve met one or two before.” Not that he’d state that it was in another world entirely, as that was not really important information. Afterall, Christian always tended to glare at him when he went on like that.

”Go out to eat? I don’t see why not. Casting can be hungry work and I have always meant to show Cas the genius invention humanity calls fast food.” His tone dripped with sarcasm, but one could tell Cas was actually interested. Endless enthusiasm however tended to flow from him, so that was nothing new. ”Are there any good places to eat around here? I didn’t actually look into that any.” He noted, removing a smartphone from his pocket and scrolling through various spots on the internet to find what he was looking for.

”Yeah, that sounds pretty great.” He said with a nod, looking down to his hand where the wound had already rapidly healed. ”One of you will have to lead the way since I doubt either of you are up for me to get the food the old fashioned way.” Not that he minded doing a little hunting, which sounded fine within itself. Either way the three of them rose from the bowels of that house and had their minds on something else.

That being food.

Last edited by Casmaudius on July 8th 2018, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Morana February 17th 2018, 6:04 pm

"Cool. Food. Food is good.......... Lead the way." Ren scratched the back of his head as he spoke. He was simultaneously nervous and confident in himself, if that were possible. The truth was that Ren was fine in his own skin, he just didn't know how to act around people. Not having many social interactions when he was young most likely contributed to that, but nonetheless, he was trying. These guys seemed cool, and they knew about a lot of stuff he knew about.... Not to mention, angel boy was, well........ Very super mega hot.

Ren would follow along to wherever the pair took him, tapping his feet as he walked. He whistled and smiled pretty much right up until they got to whatever restaurant they were going to. If they had a car, that would make it easier, because he didn't have one at this moment, but he was fine with walking. Regardless, once they got to the place, he would sit down, hand Christian a twenty, and put his feet up on the table.

"Just get me whatever. Don't really care, just hungry," Ren said. He figured since Christian was the bossy one of the pair he would want to order the food anyway. Plus, it had the added bonus of leaving him with the more interesting one of the group.

"So you're a God then? One that i would know of, or a bit more obscure?" Ren said. He just wanted to make sure he wasn't sitting next to Thor (although he wouldn't object). It was definitely possible that this guy was from a pantheon he had heard of, but it was just as likely he wasn't. Either way, the answer would be interesting.

Ren Morana
Ren Morana

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius February 19th 2018, 5:19 am

Food was good. That much Cas could agree with, even if Christian seemed less than amused with the fact they were walking away with someone else from the usual smiting of evil. Still he let his friend lead them to whatever they were  going to attend, which ended up being a place that didn’t actually have just five guys working there. An odd choice in name but the smell that hit him once they stepped through was undeniable. The thought of food to an empty stomach always just sounded so nice.

After picking out what the other two wanted, Christian would make their order while Cas and the gloomy looking teenager to talk about whatever came to mind. That being what pantheon he belonged to, which was an interesting question. Something that caused him to furrow his brows, looking to the male as he tried to think of what to describe his family as. ”Likely not anyone you would know. I’m more of a recent deity in your world, mostly run out of Las Angeles at the moment.” An explanation of course, mostly to why he wasn’t well known to the human populace.

Resting his chin on the palm of his left hand, his mind continued to work over how he could explain himself more. ”My world had more dragons and less...automobiles. People called heroes didn’t go about destroying cities in combat and...so many problems.” He smiled, shaking his head and letting a small sigh slip out. ”I...am probably ranting now.” Rapping fingers on the table, he noted Christian coming back with two drinks and an empty one.

”Didn’t know what you wanted so just leaving that to you.” Sliding into a seat with the two of them, he sipped one what looked to be a caramel colored drink.

”So, is shutting down haunted houses and hell portals common for you? Because it would be pretty nice to have someone help in that front. Unfortunately i’m not omnipotent as everyone expects me to be...for some reason.”
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Back to top Go down

Post by Ren Morana July 8th 2018, 12:17 am

Ren considered what Cas said, his fingers pulling on his bottom lip in thought. How interesting. Ren never had the opportunity to meet a deity, especially one who seemed so new to his world. What Cas said prompted many thoughts in the curious emo's head, but his expression of them would have to wait. The other guy brought back an empty cup, which meant Ren had to get up. He did, getting Dr. Pepper for lack of a better choice. After sucking down a few sips of it, he went back to the table.

"Us humans are stubborn creatures. Seriously, any RPG creator that doesn't give a Willpower racial bonus to us is really bad at observing their own kind. We don't like change or new things, and we bicker over the slightest of disagreements. We also don't like to be ruled. Sure, you'll get your dictator every now and then, but history shows people generally rebel pretty quickly. We like taking care of ourselves. Whatever problems you've run into, that's probably why. It also doesn't help that you're in the good ol' Christian land of the free," Ren said, grinning perpetually. He was more pleased than he could probably describe at having the chance to talk about such things with an actual god. A couple of years ago he couldn't have imagined being in this situation. He had a lot of questions still, and maybe some answers to share, but they would have to wait. He had the most important one at the top of his list.

"So, got a girlfriend yet? Or um, a boyfriend?"

Ren Morana
Ren Morana

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius July 8th 2018, 12:46 am

Humans were a stubborn species. Cas new that much from where he came, with the species being able to become anything with a sufficient enough work towards that goal. In fact he knew their civilizations tended to be the largest, with any other race being less prone towards improving their own power. A planet with just them must have given room to conquer the entire planet, as this thing called the internet seemed to suggest. Not even mighty mountains could stand before the ingenuity of humanity. That was what made them so amazing to Cas, even if their potential for evil was just as great. ”That would explain why so many have accused me of being a false god. These Christians love to act as if theirs is the only viable path.” He noted with an almost petulant frown while sipping on the dark colored carbonated drink.

”At least he hasn’t had people trying to slay the god lately. Can’t tell you how may assholes Cas had to put in the hospital because they wanted to prove something.” Christian brought up, with his friend looking  embarrassed by that small tidbit being brought up.

”They wouldn’t stop. I had to defend myself at some point.” He offered weakly as the real question came about. Not something that the young god liked to think too hard about, but it seemed important to the death incarnate. However it was Christian who seemed to shoot Dr.Pepper through his nose in a fit of coughing when that came up.

Cas however seemed almost amused by that. ”I don’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend yet. I had a husband...have a husband? It’s really confusing, since he was a god at one point, then became a human and then married a demon queen.” Even explaining it one could tell he didn’t know how that worked. After a few seconds of coughing Christian chimed in with nostrils still burning.

”They’re separated. He became a tool now anyway. So, is that like an attempt at a pick up line or something?” Cas couldn’t tell if Christian was being defensive or sarcastic now.
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Back to top Go down

Post by Red July 15th 2018, 9:17 pm

"Nah, a pick up line is usually something cheesy. I'm just asking a question. I'm curious," Ren said, smile wide. He could tell Christian was a bit annoyed by his blunt advances on Cas, and honestly it was quite amusing. Social interaction was all the same to Ren. It was all pretty much the same level uncomfortable of for him, so he didn't mind saying things that might shock.

Other than the awkwardness, something was said about Cas having to defend himself. The God boy seemed a bit ashamed of it, though Ren didn't see the issue. If people try to kill you, you have a right to retaliate. Unfortunate as that fact was, that's how the way the world has always worked. Sometimes you have to do unpleasant things to do the right thing. Ren didn't say anything about it, he just gave Cas a look of acknowledgement. He didn't have to feel guilty

"Bit young to have had a husband, don't you think?" Ren said, mulling over the idea in his head. Maybe this kid was actually super old or something, but if he wasn't then that was definitely odd. What was even more odd was that they were apparently already separated. Good for Ren, but strange in the grands scheme of things.

"Annyywayy, forgive me for being interested in an interesting person. It's rare that I meet anyone like you these days, Cas."

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Casmaudius August 13th 2018, 10:39 pm

”Heard that a few times but people have married younger from where I came from.” Cas stated, seemingly finding no issue with the concept of him having been married at this age. His brows furrowed, thinking over that concept while Christian noted their food was done and soon enough they had what smelled like hot burgers arrayed before them. He was aware many people would have called him weird, enough so that some even tried to put the claims he put out down in brutish fashion. Even still he had a feeling his friend didn’t like this person they had met on their demon cleansing mission. He still had the feeling that something was brewing but couldn’t quite explain what that sensation was. Maybe it was hunger? Cas bit into his burger, taste of cooked meat exploding across his tastebuds.

”Not many gods around these days. They seem to be treated as mythology rather than the history it might be.” he wiped away a small amount of ketchup that had dribbled down his chin.

”Advent of science for ya. Now it’s all metagenes and whatever. No one is willing to believe that magic actually exists.” Christian chimed in seemingly dismissive of people as a whole. ”Guess superpowers are easier to accept than whatever goes bump in the night.”

”Yeah, it’s nice to meet someone who doesn’t just argue what I am off the bat. Even mages these days are pretty bad about that.” He cleared his throat. ”So, want to come to my temple? Well, it’s partially mine but the other god who lived there doesn’t come around anymore. We’ve been dealing with a lot of that stuff at the house recently and Christian has been saying we need more help.”

”I did?” His friend questioned the overly friendly god.

”Yeah. So, what do ya say?”
Casmaudius
Casmaudius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top