The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Seismic  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Seismic  I_vote_lcapSeismic  I_voting_barSeismic  I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Seismic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seismic  Empty Seismic

Post by ShroudedKonqueror July 23rd 2017, 2:26 pm

CHARACTER NAME

"Insert Character Quote or Title here"

The Bio

Hero Name: Seismic
Title: N/A
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: African American
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5'8
Weight: 156 lbs
Blood type: A+

The Looks

Joshua:

Seismic's logo:

(The logo is drawn vertically on his costume, not horizontally.)

Joshua's costume is simple and homemade. It's a black hoodie with a logo that he drew on himself in white paint, a grey domino mask he stole from his foster mother, black fingerless gloves, loose grey joggers, and black tennis shoes.

The Personality

Joshua, on the surface is a goofy individual. He models his fabricated personality on lovable goofs like Andy Dwyer from Parks and Rec and Troy from Community. This is what allowed him to cope with what he had to go through after his parents disowned him. However, the aspects of this personality that are real are his selflessness and his friendliness. But despite his fabricated attitude, he knows when he needs to be serious and when he can mess around.

Deep down, Joshua still has not recovered from being disowned by his parents. He craves affection from everyone, especially those that he would like to be family with.

The Story

Before Joshua's story can be told, his father's must be addressed. His father's name was Josiah Holt and he worked at the Chicago branch of a think tank devoted to improving the U.S military called Military Mechanics. He was working on a gene therapy distributed via virus that was designed to improve soldiers' striking power and speed by causing their bodies to vibrate at a much higher frequency than normal. However, his tests proved unsuccessful because none of the test subjects could survive their bodies vibrating at such a frequency. One day, he was exposed to a very small dose of the virus, but he exhibited no side effects. Fearing another incident and convinced his research was at a dead end, he shut down his experiments. Seven years later, he married aspiring politician Amber and eight years later, Joshua was born.

Both of Joshua's parents viewed everything in life as a means to an end. They got married because it was logical. As a future politician, Amber could get Josiah political leverage if needed. As a scientist with access to specialized equipment, Josiah provided less-than-legal means for Amber to further her political career. Therefore, Joshua needed to be useful to his parents in order to justify keeping him around. He was very smart and worked very hard to gain his parents' affection, but to no avail.

When he was 14, Joshua was saddled with a weapons charge while taking the blame for a group of people he wanted to fit in with. He was charged with spending 2 years in a juvenile detention hall. A short time later, his parents decided to disown him because this arrest would reflect negatively on both Amber's campaign and Joshua's future; he had lost his use to them.

Joshua struggled to deal with these gut punches and, as a result, developed a more goofy personality to help himself cope. At the age of 16, he was released and put into a foster home in Chicago where he met his best friend James. He bonded with James almost immediately. The two soon came to know many of the people in the neighborhood. One day, Joshua is out to visit his friends when a truck is run off the road right in front of him and looted for technology by an organized crime syndicate. As he rushed over to try and help, he was exposed to radiation from the crashed Military Mechanics truck. On his way home, he gets weaker and weaker until he is barely able to collapse in his bed and then he spent the night and most of the next day in intense agony. When he awoke, he found that he had the ability to project destructive blasts of seismic energy out of his hands.

This ability stems from his father. Joshua's father had been exposed to the vibration virus, prolonged exposure to intense vibrations had begun to condition his body to handle the expression of the virus, thus turning him into an unwitting carrier for the virus. Therefore, the genes that caused the vibration were passed onto Joshua and compounded as he developed in the womb. The radiation from the truck was the inciting event he needed to activate the genes and give him his powers. Since he inherited this naturally from his father, his body also  developed the genes necessary to handle such a power, giving him his incredible physicality.

James convinced him to not tell anyone else about his powers, but he decided to use his abilities to help people  in his neighborhood, with the subconscious hope that maybe this would him discover a family that will really love him.

The Priority

1. Endurance
2. Agility
3. Reaction
4. Strength

The Powers

1. Seismokinesis
Joshua has the ability to project destructive seismic waves from his hands. He can project them in an omnidirectional burst as well, but doing so tires him out. These waves can be powerful enough to shatter almost any material, shred organic matter, and repulse objects & people. He has trouble shattering certain materials that have a resonant pitch that’s extremely high or low, like alien materials; it requires a great deal of concentration to even damage these kinds of materials. He can also vibrate his body to increase the striking power of his punches, increase his speed to about 120 mph, and phase through solids, though this is extremely difficult.

2. Enhanced Physicality
Joshua's body has mutated to withstand the constant vibrations he produces. Therefore, his bones and muscles are much stronger than a regular human's. Though he is scrawny, he has strength and speed slightly greater than that of an Olympian. In addition, his bones are dense enough to allow him survive blows from superhuman opponents.

The Weaknesses

1. Reflective/deflective plating
Plating positioned in reflective or deflective angles make it difficult for Joshua to repulse anything it's protected. This doesn't prevent him from shattering these materials, but it does allow opponents to resist being pushed back by his seismic blasts.

2. Limited Natural Range
Joshua's body can only safely handle vibrations within certain frequencies. If he tries to project frequencies that are higher or lower than his natural range, it causes internal damage and prolonged usage of these frequencies can cause permanent damage or death.

3. Phasing
Phasing is incredibly difficult for Joshua. It requires intense, undisturbed concentration to accomplish and Joshua risks death if he does it incorrectly.

4. Requirements for shattering materials
While shattering objects by matching their resonant pitch is one of his most useful abilities, it isn't easy to do. In order to do this, he needs to find out the resonant pitch. In order to do that, he has to strike the material several times. The higher or lower pitched the material, the more times he must hit it.

The Items

N/A

The Minions

N/A

The Fluff

1. Joshua tends to get around by using his seismic waves to propel himself in the desired direction.

The RP Sample

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by ShroudedKonqueror on August 17th 2017, 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
ShroudedKonqueror
ShroudedKonqueror

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2017-06-10

Back to top Go down

Seismic  Empty Re: Seismic

Post by Chellizard August 16th 2017, 5:45 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 17th 2017, 10:09 pm

Moved to add a character logo.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 17th 2017, 10:30 pm

Reapproved.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum