The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Association of Heroes
Today at 6:38 am by Apeking4

» When told to leave demons Alone
Today at 5:56 am by Shadowoof

» The pillar to Heaven built in Hell
Today at 4:01 am by Jeannie Rose

» R4T PT 01 - Audrey-Anne Vanier (Undone)
Today at 2:56 am by Bliss

» Electric Patrol
Today at 1:44 am by Ares Rajani

» Encounter in the museum
Yesterday at 9:23 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Jeannie and Dire: The Christmas Special! [Issue #4]
Yesterday at 9:19 pm by Jeannie Rose

» We need a vacation
Yesterday at 9:17 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Night Eternal
Yesterday at 7:07 pm by Adam Johnson

» The tortures of the damned
Yesterday at 6:54 pm by Adam Johnson

» ZUKIN DRIVER!
Yesterday at 6:13 pm by Bliss

» Can't fix you
Yesterday at 5:11 pm by Proarden (Gravity Man)

Staff

Administrators

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2017 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Even heroes need a vacation

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Even heroes need a vacation

Post by Fort/Sam on August 11th 2017, 11:36 am

“I’m not playing volley with someone who can fly,” Anna said resolute. Sam didn’t see why that would be an issue. She had always been terrible at it back in high school. It was unlikely the ability to fly would somehow rectify this. More likely it would just become an even bigger embarrassment if she tried it while airborne. “But surfing or sailing sounds fun. And I must say, I’d love to see the local underwater world up close too. You think we can scuba dive there?”

Sam shrugged. She remembered Arielle mentioning something about having an activity overview somewhere. But she didn’t dare to ask her right now. If that air hostess saw one of them running around again without a good raison, she’d likely be very cross. Better to wait until they were landed. It wouldn’t make such a big difference.

“I’d like to give the local cuisine a try too,”
Sam added. “I’ve read they use a lot of fruit, vegetables and fish in their dished."

“If our hotel is anything like those other typical big hotels, it’s likely going to be a typical European cuisine. Spaghetti, steak and chips and a salad bar,” Anna said dryly. “If we really want something traditional, we’d better go looking for a local restaurant. By the way, do we have fill board or not?”

“No, just breakfast,” Sam answered. “But we’ve got the option to book dinner if we want to.”

Anna nodded and bended a bit closer to Sam’s ear. “Say, what was that about that modelling? Arielle didn’t mention anything about that. She isn’t expecting us to work for our living now, is she?”

“No, she just wants to paint Jeannie as an island queen or something like that,” Sam whispered, making sure Jeannie wouldn’t hear them. With any luck, the girl was already too occupied by their pending meal to pay attention to anything else. “But she’ll try to have us model too, if given the chance. Arielle, I mean, not Jeannie.”

OOC: You're welcome. Smile

Fort/Sam

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2016-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 11th 2017, 2:44 pm

yeah scuba sounds fun Jeannie then gets excited when Sam and Anna mention food and starts drooling yummy, hey is it dinner time yet, I'm hungry when did the lady say was time to eat.
Jeannie Rose

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Female
Number of posts : 1890
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 11th 2017, 3:49 pm

Sam got up and had a quick look around. At the front of the plane she saw two air hostesses bushing a big trolley that was filled with neat piles of paper boxes. In the back two more air hostesses were pushing a similar trolley.  A traditional plane meal, it seemed. Not that it came as a big surprise, she hadn’t expecting a hot meal to be served anyway.

“Dinner, for what it’s worth, is on its way,” Sam stated when she dropped back in her seat.

“A pair of sandwiches in a box?” Anna asked. Sam gave her a sad nod in response. “If this is rock-bottom, it’s not too bad. Do they have drinks too? I wasn’t allowed to take my water with me when we boarded in Brussels. I haven’t had a drink since.”

Sam looked up again. The first wave of trolleys was slowly making its way to the centre of the plane. It was a slow process as at each row six people had to be served. Behind them, two more trolleys had appeared. These were filled with plastic cups and big thermosets. Coffee and hot water for thee, most likely.

“On its way too,” Sam later her know.

One of the air hostesses, the same one who had scolded them earlier, noticed her standing and treated her on a new icy glaze. Immediately Sam sat down again and waited patiently until the trolleys would reach their row.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort's facts - 100 Questions
Experience sheet - Advancements
Fort/Sam

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Female
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 11th 2017, 4:59 pm

jyay munchies! Jeannie smiles when she sees the food coming
Jeannie Rose

Female
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 12th 2017, 8:40 am

When the air hostesses with their trolley reached their row, and began distributing the lunch boxes, the lady gave Sam another look that came down to: I’m keeping an eye on you from now on. Sam swallowed with some difficulty when she accepted her dinner. Without keeping her eyes of her, the air hostess moved on to the next row in order to make room for the drinks.

“What can I offer you?” a new air hostess from Asian decent asked the girls. “We have hot coffee, hot water, cold water, orange juice, grape juice and plum juice.”

“Cold water, please,” Anna asked.

Sam checked the content of her lunch-box first before ordering anything. It contained two half deli sandwiches, a thee bag, coffee milk, sugar, salt and pepper and some vanilla pudding for dessert. It was more luxurious than she had expected. “Hot water please,” Sam asked.

While the air hostess attended to Jeannie’s needs, Sam leaned forwards a bit to check on Arielle. She had already unwrapped her sandwich and was now trying to figure out how to best take a bite from it without making as mess. With a smile on her face, Sam sat up straight again. It was good to know all this talking about intelligent animals hadn’t affected Arielle’s appetite in any way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 12th 2017, 4:17 pm

Jeannie wasted no time going for the pudding first she loved sweets. hot water? huh, Jeannie's not sure why some one would want just hot water maybe if you made tea but hot water by its self-sound icky.

huh, she thinks about the drinkscan I get all the juices mixed together?
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 13th 2017, 4:50 am

Jeannie’s order caused the air hostess to frown in response. Though she did give Jeannie what she wanted. She started filling the glass with orange juice until it was about one third filled. Afterwards she added the grape and plum juice until the glass was full. The result was a dark mixture that made Sam’s stomach protest just by looking at it. While it was possible it tastes better than it looked, she had no intend to find out. She’d stick to her own beverage. She put the thee bag in the hot water and let it brew until she’d finished her sandwiches.

“What time will we land, actually?” Anna asked in between bites. “I got this flight will take the better part of the day, but there’s the time difference too, isn’t it?”

Sam nodded and put her sandwich down. The flight would take a while indeed. Under her own power the flight would have only been a fraction of what it was now. Planes were really slow and still they were the fastest method of crossing large distances. Considering all those highly intelligent individuals that walked this planet, you’d think by now someone would have come up with a faster alternative by now. Or made faster planes. Apparently not.

“If all goes well, we’ll arrive around ten in the evening,” Sam told. “So, it’s getting our luggage, finding a taxi and straight to the hotel from there. We should be in bed at around eleven, half past eleven at most.”

“You don’t have a schedule that tells us when to get up and when to go to bed, do you?” Anna joked.

“No, I just… It will be late when we get there, so I just thought… You know, everyone would want to go to bed right away,” Sam replied. “It’s not like we’ll be able to do much sight-seeing this late.”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 13th 2017, 5:02 am

Jeannie watches as the hostess made her wacky drink.pretty colors ok watch out tummy here it comes she smiles after taking a drink yummy she finishes the rest of her dinner. owww right to bed we should watch movies and play games, and eat snacks and pillow fights. sleep over stuff.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 13th 2017, 10:15 am

Sam listened to Jeannie’s description on what she believed their first night should be like. “I don’t think the people will like it if we start having pillow fights in our room,” she began when Jeannie finished. “Besides, if we stay up too long, we’ll be too tired to do anything tomorrow and that would be a shame.” Not strictly true, she wouldn’t be tired. But the rest would. “But you can watch a film right now if you want,” she continued. She took the film catalogue, and handed it over to Jeannie.

“You know, sometimes you behave just like my mother, you know that,” Anna mentioned.

Sam didn’t take it as an insult. On the contrary. As far as she was concerned, there was nothing wrong with responsible behaviour. Nothing at all.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 13th 2017, 4:20 pm

aww phooey silly peoples missing up the fun. huh, guess wanting rest so we can not be tired to do stuff makes sense. yay moves!

Jeannie looks through the move thingy and finds one with cute talking animals to watch.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 14th 2017, 12:07 pm

While she ate her pudding, Sam sad back and watched a part of the film with Jeannie. As far as children were concerned, the film offered some entertaining value. Though after a while the adventures of the cute, talking critters started to annoy her. Perhaps it was because they had trouble completing even the most mundane tasks. Or maybe because, unlike Jeannie who could use the headset, she had to make do with the subtitles. The whole scene would probably be more bearable if she could actually hear them sing instead. It could also very well come down to a simple fact: she was too old for this film.

When the cute critters burst into song again, so they could cross the magical rainbow bridge, Sam felt something pressing against her shoulder. When she looked up, she noticed Anna had put her head to rest on her shoulder. If she could, Sam would have put her arm around the girl but she was afraid she’d wake Anna up if she moved too much. She settled with shafting a bit to ensure Anna was resting more comfortably, which cause Anna to mumble a bit in her sleep.

Sam finished her thee and looked at the film a few more moments. It seemed the cute critters had gotten over the rainbow bridge in the meanwhile and were now climbing what appeared to be a giant beanstalk. She was unsure how they had gotten there, and didn’t feel any less because of it. She put her cup away, and closes her eyes too.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 14th 2017, 7:07 pm

yay how cute Jeannie happily watches the movie and sings along with the cute critters
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 15th 2017, 4:43 am

When she heard singing, Sam lazily opened an eye. ‘Who could be singing on a plane?’ she wondered as she looked around. It didn’t take her long to find the culprit. For an unexplainable raison, Jeannie has started to sing a rather childish melody. It took Sam a brief glimpse on the screen to realise Jeannie was singing along with the cute critters. Perhaps she believed it would help them complete their task at hand much faster? Or maybe the critters themselves had asked the audience to sing along? It was an often-used concept in a children’s film. Either way, it got mixed responses from the other passengers.

The elderly couple that set next too Arielle seemed to enjoy it, as they hummed along. Maybe because they recognized the song? Arielle herself gave it a try too, but it was terribly off-key. Not surprising given she had never heard the song before and didn’t have the luxury of reading the subtitles either.  Most other passengers, however, were less enthusiastic about it. Most of them started to complain and before long one of the air hostesses come to check what was going on. It was the same woman who had previously ordered them to return to their seats.

“You again,” she spoke when she noticed Jeannie was the cause of all of this. “Young lady, will you please town it down a little. There are people her who want to sleep!”

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 15th 2017, 5:26 am

Jeannie smiles when Arielle decided to sing along to. but then the plane lady said to quiet down something about bed time

Jeannie had noticed as she was caught up in the movie she looks at the air hostesses with the cute puppy dog eyes that always got her out of trouble. i'm sorry I'll town it down promise

Jeannie watched the rest of the movie quietly then went to sleep

(of course, it was everybody's favorite ditzy blonde who else would it be Smile, huh how where are they setting? was going to put that in her typical little kid fashion she'd uses who she was sitting with as a pillow but forgot which of the others she sitting with)
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Fort/Sam on August 15th 2017, 9:04 am

“Make sure you do,” the air hostess said with an icy voice as she gave Jeannie a piercing look. Sam got treated to the same look, which caused a shiver to go down her spine. Though she could not say what she had done to deserve it this time. She might not have stopped Jeannie, but it wasn’t as if she had encouraged her to sing or anything. Maybe this woman just didn’t like her? Luckily the air hostess didn’t stay long. Once she had confirmed all was quiet again, she marched away.

Sam followed the rest of the film in order to keep an eye on Jeannie. The ending didn’t take too long. Though Sam couldn’t say why finding an oddly coloured tree was any reason for a celebration. The cute critters, however, felt otherwise as they started to sing and dance around the tree before the credits started to roll. Maybe it was because she had missed a part, maybe it was just poor writing, she couldn’t say. At least the film had ended and it seemed Jeannie had decided this was the right time to take a nap.

With both Jeannie and Anna soundly asleep, and Arielle being in a lively conversation with her neighbours, Sam had a moment to herself. She checked her watch. They still had a few hours to fly. If both girls stayed asleep, they’ probably be awake again by the time they landed. Only to have to return to bed an hour or two later. It was unlikely either of them would sleep a lot during the night. But for now, they were sleeping. Which gave her to opportunity to read a little without being disturbed. She dug her novel, the latest adventure of Almira, from her handbag and started reading.

Sam Vervliet alias Fort
Fort/Sam

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose on August 15th 2017, 5:31 pm

Jeannie fast asleep dreams about adventuring with the cute critters find more magic trees singing and dancing.
Jeannie Rose

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top